John Barrett III, Former Mayor, North Adams, MA

Posted in the Pittsfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Alexandria, VA

#1 Jan 11, 2011
What is former North Adams Mayor John Barrett III currently being paid under his consulting contract with the City of Pittsfield?
Also, what is Mr. Barrett's annual pension from North Adams?
Do those pension monies get paid to Mr. Barrett from taxes collected from North Adams residents?
Does Mr. Barrett's consulting contract with the City of Pittsfield obligate the City to paying any pension to Mr. Barrett at any time in the future?
itsasecret

Albany, NY

#2 Jan 11, 2011
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
What is former North Adams Mayor John Barrett III currently being paid under his consulting contract with the City of Pittsfield?
Also, what is Mr. Barrett's annual pension from North Adams?
Do those pension monies get paid to Mr. Barrett from taxes collected from North Adams residents?
Does Mr. Barrett's consulting contract with the City of Pittsfield obligate the City to paying any pension to Mr. Barrett at any time in the future?
My guess is that only Gerry Lee of the city council is aware of this info. The rest are not privy and don't dare ask such questions. They have learned to just shut the hell up and do as they are told or their goodies will be cut off and their tax breaks will stop.
Franny

Clifton Park, NY

#3 Jan 11, 2011
itsasecret wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is that only Gerry Lee of the city council is aware of this info. The rest are not privy and don't dare ask such questions. They have learned to just shut the hell up and do as they are told or their goodies will be cut off and their tax breaks will stop.
So sad but so true.I say they got no nuts
voter

Clifton Park, NY

#4 Jan 11, 2011
Franny wrote:
<quoted text>So sad but so true.I say they got no nuts
I liked how Joe N. put lee in his place at the last council meeting.I wish the rest of the council would grow a set of nuts. They are sissy girls. Not you Mrs. Mazzio. but yon she is a dupa she gots to go.Do not let them fool you they will start being real men as the election gets closer,but do not be fooled as it will only be a short time show. They will lie to get votes. Please people lets vote this time and get rid of these people that are taxing us out of our city. They should go so we can stay.
sher

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jan 11, 2011
Is Barret's pension from N. Adams public knowledge? Could someone walk into city hall to get that info?
Earl Buttweiner

Lenox, MA

#6 Jan 11, 2011
With the weak field of Mayoral candidates, Barrett
should moive here and run for Mayor!
WORRIED

Chester, MA

#7 Jan 11, 2011
voter wrote:
<quoted text>I liked how Joe N. put lee in his place at the last council meeting.I wish the rest of the council would grow a set of nuts. They are sissy girls. Not you Mrs. Mazzio. but yon she is a dupa she gots to go.Do not let them fool you they will start being real men as the election gets closer,but do not be fooled as it will only be a short time show. They will lie to get votes. Please people lets vote this time and get rid of these people that are taxing us out of our city. They should go so we can stay.
A big mistake losing Lew in Ward 1. A big mistake was getting Yon.
Yon hither

Albany, NY

#8 Jan 11, 2011
WORRIED wrote:
<quoted text> A big mistake losing Lew in Ward 1. A big mistake was getting Yon.
Yon is an insider and a big failure for the populace. But Lew went along to get along and was not a friend of the taxpayer either. I voted for Yon, happy to get rid of Lew. We went from bad to worse.

Mazzeo has potential. She still has her dignity unlike the Marchetti types who have been bought and paid for. He is a poser.
ward 7 taxpayer

Clifton Park, NY

#9 Jan 12, 2011
Yon hither wrote:
<quoted text>
Yon is an insider and a big failure for the populace. But Lew went along to get along and was not a friend of the taxpayer either. I voted for Yon, happy to get rid of Lew. We went from bad to worse.
Mazzeo has potential. She still has her dignity unlike the Marchetti types who have been bought and paid for. He is a poser.
Well said.
sher

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Jan 12, 2011
I found out his pension is an untaxable 80K. It is public knowledge.
No like mayor

Clifton Park, NY

#11 Jan 12, 2011
sher wrote:
I found out his pension is an untaxable 80K. It is public knowledge.
Shame ,Shame ,Shame
Being robbed

Albany, NY

#12 Jan 12, 2011
sher wrote:
I found out his pension is an untaxable 80K. It is public knowledge.
So why did Ruberto have to prop him up?? Will he get to collect a Pittsfield pension too?

This is probably just the tip of the iceberg concerning what goes on at Allen street. Can you just imagine what an independent audit of the Pittsfield books would uncover?

Since: Jan 09

Albany, NY

#13 Jan 12, 2011
sher wrote:
I found out his pension is an untaxable 80K. It is public knowledge.
Barrett never made $80k as NA mayor, and the highest pension a public employee in MA can make is 80% of his/her pay for the three highest years, and that's at 65 with around 40 years service. I can't stand Barrett, ruberto's Gestapo, and think he should be run out of town on a rail. He said last night that he's saved the citizens of Pittsfield $148,000 in his time here. He made no record in writing and didn't specify where and what positions he cut to achieve this large number. I think he's full of sh!t, but there's no way he's getting $80k in pension per year from N Adams.
sher

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Jan 12, 2011
See: North Adams topix...Mayor's address...growth. The question was posed as was an answer.
taxpayer

Clifton Park, NY

#15 Jan 12, 2011
JIMMY G PITTSFIELD MA wrote:
<quoted text>Barrett never made $80k as NA mayor, and the highest pension a public employee in MA can make is 80% of his/her pay for the three highest years, and that's at 65 with around 40 years service. I can't stand Barrett, ruberto's Gestapo, and think he should be run out of town on a rail. He said last night that he's saved the citizens of Pittsfield $148,000 in his time here. He made no record in writing and didn't specify where and what positions he cut to achieve this large number. I think he's full of sh!t, but there's no way he's getting $80k in pension per year from N Adams.
why did the councilors let him slide last night? they should have drilled him big time. I hope Joe is not letting us down. come on Joe you want votes work for them. At the end of the night barret won this round. Ifor one was not happy.Perhaps someone is putting pressure on Joe.Who's side are you on Joe? If you want us to work for you we want something back.
millwright0040

Pittsfield, MA

#16 Feb 28, 2011
No nuts, Intill they go to Lacks after the mounthly council meeting and have a few. Then they start growing nuts. Maybe not, Marchetti will never grow a set. His boyfriend, Sorry (Husband)
will not like that.
Barrett Butt

Lenox, MA

#17 Feb 28, 2011
sher wrote:
See: North Adams topix...Mayor's address...growth. The question was posed as was an answer.
And you think anything posted on Topix is true!
If you do, you are a moron!
sher

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Feb 28, 2011
Barrett Butt wrote:
<quoted text> And you think anything posted on Topix is true! If you do, you are a moron!
True. I only believe those I trust. Public knowledge.
whiplash

Easthampton, MA

#19 Mar 1, 2011
even at 80% of three highest years, that's a lot of tax money -- and he is mean enough to live along time.
You gotta be kidding

Clifton Park, NY

#20 Mar 1, 2011
millwright0040 wrote:
No nuts, Intill they go to Lacks after the mounthly council meeting and have a few. Then they start growing nuts. Maybe not, Marchetti will never grow a set. His boyfriend, Sorry (Husband)
will not like that.
WHAT ???? No way. Can't be ?????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snowiest decade in 50 years, Global warming is ... 33 min Center 26
Obama and Dems will make Mitch 1 hr Glen Back 1
Pittsfield woman facing charges for alleged mac... 1 hr Praxis33 6
Pittsfield hopes to replace Columbus Avenue par... 1 hr Praxis33 2
MSNBC NEVER gives you the whole story, That's w... 1 hr Praxis33 3
Drones pose a real threat to the White house, G... 1 hr Praxis33 6
Travel ban lifted in Berkshire, nearby counties... 2 hr Praxis33 3
Pittsfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pittsfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:18 am PST