Tank Roberson is now St. Joe's all-ti...

Tank Roberson is now St. Joe's all-time hoop scoring leader

There are 50 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Feb 9, 2013, titled Tank Roberson is now St. Joe's all-time hoop scoring leader. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

The senior guard became the school's all-time leading boys basketball scorer Saturday night, scoring 26 points in a 68-55 win over Monument Mountain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tony

Pittsfield, MA

#1 Feb 10, 2013
Congratulations to Tank.It's a shame Frank Scago never had the 3 point shot rule to add to his total, though. Is the number of games scheduled and played comparable ?
fed up

Glens Falls, NY

#2 Feb 10, 2013
someone should check out his facebook pics. This kid is a gangmember who posts pics of him and his boy Wiggins holding handguns. WOnder if Coach Brindle and the rest of the St Joe Administration would condone that!!!!
benidict

United States

#3 Feb 11, 2013
LEAVE tank roberson alone frank scago wasa convicted felon who with the aid of carmen massimiano became chief of security at the jail i wonder what secrets frank knew that carm jumped thru hoops to help him.
Cia

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Feb 11, 2013
typical wrote:
<quoted text> that's just average for black savages. Disgusting animals.
And your comment is just average for white hooded imbeciles.

Jealous anyone?
Concerned

Amherst, MA

#6 Feb 11, 2013
fed up wrote:
someone should check out his facebook pics. This kid is a gangmember who posts pics of him and his boy Wiggins holding handguns. WOnder if Coach Brindle and the rest of the St Joe Administration would condone that!!!!
Perfectly Pittsfield.
Playground Turned Black

Pittsfield, MA

#7 Feb 11, 2013
How very sad that race has had to be relied on to condemn behavior that is unacceptable and is so negative in light of recent gun violence and the effect that it has had on so many innocent families. The real question is whether St. Joe has made tuition offers when Donna Quallen was in power in order to push the school's reputation as a high school sports power in order to attract other students.
White Men Cant Jump

Amherst, MA

#8 Feb 11, 2013
Playground Turned Black wrote:
How very sad that race has had to be relied on to condemn behavior that is unacceptable and is so negative in light of recent gun violence and the effect that it has had on so many innocent families. The real question is whether St. Joe has made tuition offers when Donna Quallen was in power in order to push the school's reputation as a high school sports power in order to attract other students.
Ya mon
Or wo mon
Tank Roberson

Pittsfield, MA

#9 Feb 11, 2013
I am not a gang and never will be... Never have been questioned by the cops nor been stopped by one. That was a bb gun. Granted that wasn't the right thing to do but I'm just a kid. I'm a kid trying to furfill my dreams, and no one is ever perfect. At the end of the day the St.Joe Administration has helped me out tremendously. As to where this "GANG MEMBER "will be heading to College. Yes indeed I'm a African American is was raised right my Mother who is a single parent. She always told me "listen you've already been targeted because of the color of your skin with hate but I know you would be stronger than most", but importantly I AM the leading scorer in St.Joe history, and take nothing away from frank scago no one deserves to be judged. Thank You
Tank Roberson

Pittsfield, MA

#10 Feb 11, 2013
Oh yeah and go on face book no pics of any guns nor gang members in my photos... Thanks again
Duke

United States

#11 Feb 11, 2013
Tank, Dont feed the trolls. Play ball
Tank Roberson

Pittsfield, MA

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Duke wrote:
Tank, Dont feed the trolls. Play ball
will do man
sal

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Feb 12, 2013
Tank Roberson wrote:
I am not a gang and never will be... Never have been questioned by the cops nor been stopped by one. That was a bb gun. Granted that wasn't the right thing to do but I'm just a kid. I'm a kid trying to furfill my dreams, and no one is ever perfect. At the end of the day the St.Joe Administration has helped me out tremendously. As to where this "GANG MEMBER "will be heading to College. Yes indeed I'm a African American is was raised right my Mother who is a single parent. She always told me "listen you've already been targeted because of the color of your skin with hate but I know you would be stronger than most", but importantly I AM the leading scorer in St.Joe history, and take nothing away from frank scago no one deserves to be judged. Thank You
Tank you keep doing what your doing keep moving on your path to success, jealousy is a terrible thing, and by these awful racist remarks, I applaud your self control and wonderful response! The sky is the limit!
2 years

United States

#14 Feb 12, 2013
In 2 years tank will have dropped out of college and will be unemployed
fed up

Glens Falls, NY

#15 Feb 12, 2013
Tank Roberson wrote:
My apologies for the gang member reference. Kudos to you for acknowledging the gun pic and taking responsibility but using the "I'm just a kid" excuse is kinda lame. Very impressive response non the less. However Your mother was wrong in saying that you will be targeted just because of your color. To many African American parents put that thought in their children's heads therefor instilling a sense that all white americans are against you which is not the case. You will be afforded more opportunities because of you skin color so be smart and take advantage of those. One more thing....be smart about where you "party" You know you were at that party where the kid got caught with the 44 magnum!!!!!!!!! Is that just another "kid" mistake??
Tank Roberson

Pittsfield, MA

#16 Feb 12, 2013
2 years wrote:
In 2 years tank will have dropped out of college and will be unemployed
you have the right to your opinion
Tank Roberson

Pittsfield, MA

#17 Feb 12, 2013
fed up wrote:
<quoted text>My apologies for the gang member reference. Kudos to you for acknowledging the gun pic and taking responsibility but using the "I'm just a kid" excuse is kinda lame. Very impressive response non the less. However Your mother was wrong in saying that you will be targeted just because of your color. To many African American parents put that thought in their children's heads therefor instilling a sense that all white americans are against you which is not the case. You will be afforded more opportunities because of you skin color so be smart and take advantage of those. One more thing....be smart about where you "party" You know you were at that party where the kid got caught with the 44 magnum!!!!!!!!! Is that just another "kid" mistake??
The kid reference is totally accurate simply because that was a immature mistake on my part. Of course I'm gonna own up to mistake. My mother was completely correct on what she told me by reading some of these comments, and actually I wasn't at that party. I'm not a partying kid. I put myself on a higher pedestal those most teens meaning I don't go to a lot of party nor do I drink or smoke. I know what it takes to succeed and I've seen a lot of people mess up their lives by those things.. I have no time for those things and if you talk to people that actually know me I'm in the gym everyday! People gotta realize that this isn't just a game to me... IT'S LIFE I will do nothing to screw it up. I don't know why i feel the need to explain to some of you people but if you can tell I'm a strong minded human
Tank Roberson

Pittsfield, MA

#18 Feb 12, 2013
But I'm out of here this is just something I came across and was so eager to say something have a good life God Bless
Anonymous

Amherst, MA

#19 Feb 12, 2013
Tank is a the type of kid you could only pray your child becomes. I know him personally and he is a great kid who works his butt off to get what he deserves. He accomplished something that deserves nothing but respect and commendation. Congratulations Tank and good luck with the future.
St joe alumni

Troy, NY

#20 Feb 12, 2013
I have watch this boy since he was small I consider him my little brother. The fact that all of u are trying to bring him down because of jealously that you guys have is redic. Who are any of you to judge this boy. That hasn't done anything to anybody. Tank stay off this site n laugh this off because misery loves company and there just a bunch of red necks trying to get to u. Keep ur head up n play the game boy.
Anonymous

Albany, NY

#21 Feb 12, 2013
I just hope he recognizes that college isn't about basketball, use it as your tool to succeed instead of just basketball. Do not take it for granted, finish the four years even if basketball doesn't work out so you don''t end up living in Pittsfield as a childhood hero when you can be so much more then that. Sports aren't everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was The PlanetSeem told to Adios 15 min Grace is lovely 3
Marshall Law is Coming 25 min Grace is lovely 5
Baberuth Baseball 1 hr Father 116
Will Kersey Run For City Council 1 hr Paul Kersey 2
Shopping Naked Could Solve Store Thefts 1 hr Ozzie King Of Zyl... 2
State City Children be required to attend Scho... 2 hr Paul Kersey 2
Community member or suspect? 5 hr Paul Kersey 3

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance