New Anti-Piracy system to hit US inte...

New Anti-Piracy system to hit US internet next week

Posted in the Pittsfield Forum

Harry S Putan

United States

#1 Feb 23, 2013
Starting next week, most US Internet users will be subject to a new copyright enforcement system that could force them to complete educational programs, and even slow their Internet speeds to a crawl.

A source with direct knowledge of the Copyright Alert System (CAS), who asked to not to be named, has told the Daily Dot that the five participating Internet service providers (ISPs) will start the controversial program Monday.

The ISPs—industry giants AT&T, Cablevision, Comcast, Time Warner, and Verizon—will launch their versions of the CAS on different days throughout the week. Comcast is expected to be the first, on Monday.

“ How does it work?

It’s an automated “graduated response” system, meaning it slowly ramps up your punishments each time it thinks you’re pirating files. The first two times, you just receive an email and a voicemail saying you’ve been caught. The third and fourth times, you’re redirected to some “educational” material, and you’ll have to click that you understood it. The fifth and sixth times, it gets serious: Your Internet connection can be slowed to a crawl for a few days.

Then what happens?

Then, well, you’ve “graduated” from the system. No more alerts. Congrats! The CAS won’t hamper you any more. Except the content companies might now try to sue you as a serial pirate. And the fact that you’ve been cited six times already for copyright infringement will likely be used in court against you.
Harry S Putan

United States

#2 Feb 23, 2013
Harry S Putan

United States

#3 Feb 23, 2013
Allah Ali Akbar

Northampton, MA

#4 Feb 23, 2013
this is wonderful. now i can refine my post too forus on the main problem facing amerika and the rest of the world.
israel
The friendly gulag

United States

#5 Feb 24, 2013
They have tried a number of times to pass internet control bills and everyone of them has failed in Congress or Senate.

A weeks or so ago, Obama signed it by executive order because he could not get it passed legally.

This will be just another reason to lock you up indefinitely.

Not that they are not already doing it, but your internet activity will now be monitored and you will be held accountable for what you do on it.

The internet had a nice run.

Welcome to the new world order.
The Synagouge of Satan

Northampton, MA

#6 Feb 24, 2013
The flames are getting warmer and warmer each and every day. Keeping it warm with worhtless greenbacks.
Putin for President
The Synagogue of Satan

Northampton, MA

#7 Feb 24, 2013
MoooooAHahahahahahaha!!!!!
antiZOG

United States

#8 Feb 24, 2013
Allah Ali Akbar wrote:
this is wonderful. now i can refine my post too forus on the main problem facing amerika and the rest of the world.
israel
Exactly. A bunch of cave dwelling ragheads are not the danger. A small tribe of very wealthy powerful people control the worlds money. They are the threat to Amerika or what's left of it after 100 years of j oo contrlol over the markets and their devious actions of starting wars so they can fund both sides.
The Synagogue of Satan

Northampton, MA

#9 Feb 24, 2013
So of course they need Al Jazeera Gore as an olive branch here on American soil to sell us out.
Eight new headquarters in all major US cities for Al Jazeera.
Always scheming is the yew. Always scheming.
Putin for President
The Synagogue of Satan

Northampton, MA

#10 Feb 24, 2013
I promote subversion and decadence for a reason, and that is to destroy purity and the enlightenment from within.

We all feed, a tragedy.
The Synagogue of Satan

Northampton, MA

#11 Feb 24, 2013
I promote and provide benefits to so called ss military couples for I know such a preposterous decadent law takes away from those who stand by and support the continuation of life and what a man and a woman represent.
Fear Monger

United States

#12 Feb 24, 2013
Don't worry about this new internet seize.

Every single move you make is being tracked.

Obama has passed thousands of new laws and hundreds of executive orders and hasn't even worked up a sweat yet.

Most people don't even know what's legal or not legal anymore. No doubt you break these new laws without even knowing it. This will earn you a ticket into an indefinite detention camp coming to a sector near you.
The Synagogue of Satan

Northampton, MA

#13 Feb 24, 2013
And the first person detained may just throw this nation into utter chaos and shove that law right up their ass!

They should spend more time observing the intricacy of their own policies over the decades instead of wondering in disbelief why us monkeys are so disgusted with them.

Why should anyone's children be on the hook for the debt of this nation going forward?
That is not freedom, that is unpatriotic and unamerican.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our Opinion: All OUI cases must be treated cons... 50 min Cops are degenerates 1
Donald Trump keeps rising in the polls (Aug '15) 54 min positronium 47
Pittsfield politics forever (Jul '12) 14 hr Mike B 722
Help a Brother Out Tue Tom Fontaine 1
Donald Trump: The next President of the United ... (Aug '15) Tue Dio 34
Jonathan Melle is crying Tue Shakes His Weiner 1
Smitty PIGnatelli (Apr '11) Tue Shakes His Weiner 297

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages