Ellen Ruberto, mayor's wife, dies at ...

Ellen Ruberto, mayor's wife, dies at age 62

There are 45 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jul 22, 2009, titled Ellen Ruberto, mayor's wife, dies at age 62. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Ellen Reynolds Ruberto, the wife of Pittsfield Mayor James M. Ruberto, died peacefully at their home this morning after battling a rare form of cancer, the mayor's office has confirmed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

shorty

Clockville, NY

#34 Jul 22, 2009
Jimmy My heart goes out to you.RIP Ellen
Ruth

Springfield, MA

#37 Jul 22, 2009
Jonathan Melle wrote:
Jimmy Ruberto is a big enough scum bag to use the passing of his wife he neglected for his political ambitions, which consisted of kissing the behinds of Luciforo & Massimiano, et al, for his political gain to win re-election later this year. He should have taken care of his sick and suffering wife instead of running Pittsfield into the ground! He reminds me of John Edwards!!!!
- Jonathan Melle
the wrong person died.
Robin Litchfield

Syracuse, NY

#39 Jul 22, 2009
Mayor Ruberto

Sorry for your loss
lovely

Clifton Park, NY

#40 Jul 22, 2009
Jonathan Melle wrote:
My heart goes out to Ellen Reynolds Ruberto and her family. She was a very nice person. I always sent her my regards. My mom had cancer twice -- once in 1990 & again in 2006 -- and I am thankful my mother survived this horrible disease. Pittsfield has a terrible toxic waste problem left behind by Jack Welch's GE in the form of PCBs that causes cancer in local residents. I have read, heard and saw thousands of local residents contract cancer, including my mother twice over. Pittsfield needs to clean up its toxic waste sites! Mayor Jimmy Ruberto should NOT have put his wife under the stresses and rigors of politics. He should have taken care of her instead. While I am saddened by Ellen's passing, I am upset with Pittsfield's cancer cases caused by left behind toxic waste sites and the Mayor who put his political interests above the needs of his suffering wife.
- Jonathan Melle
I totally agree that something in Berkshire County is causing so much cancer. There are TO MANY people getting that horrid disease. Time to "dig up" the facts and clean up this area. If nothing is done,this will be another Erin Brokovich town.
SERIOUSLY

Rensselaer, NY

#41 Jul 22, 2009
Oh Ruth - you are so correct!
lovely

Clifton Park, NY

#42 Jul 22, 2009
Jonathan Melle wrote:
Jimmy Ruberto is a big enough scum bag to use the passing of his wife he neglected for his political ambitions, which consisted of kissing the behinds of Luciforo & Massimiano, et al, for his political gain to win re-election later this year. He should have taken care of his sick and suffering wife instead of running Pittsfield into the ground! He reminds me of John Edwards!!!!
- Jonathan Melle
god bless his wife
ShortyD

Northville, NY

#43 Jul 22, 2009
ramdan wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir are a hateful,crass,insensitive little dweeb!
I agree with you, whoever you are ramdan, you said it well. A beautiful soul was taken to Heaven and Melle uses her death to push his venomous agenda.

God Bless Ellen.
Agnes

Springfield, MA

#44 Jul 22, 2009
Jonathan Melle wrote:
- Jonathan Melle
I do not know you but your parents must be very embarassed by you.
Mike

AOL

#45 Jul 22, 2009
Jonathan Melle wrote:
- Jonathan Melle
You are in New Hampshire now, so let us in Pittsfield be. We don't care about what you have to say. If you can't say anything nice about the Mayor or his wife then shut your pie hole. Why dont you go onto your local newspaper's website and blog about issues that matter in the town you live. You are no longer here in pittsfield and we are all thankful for that. Your attitude towards the elected officials sucks. Just GO AWAY AND STAY AWAY.
it seems to me you are just like those people with nothing better to do than call in the radio talk shows and complain. I never saw your name on the ballot for Mayor.
what

AOL

#46 Jul 22, 2009
he may be a lousy mayor but my thoughts and prayers go out to him
Greylock

AOL

#47 Jul 22, 2009
This is not a forum for political discussion. The poor lady suffered and died. Whatever one thinks of the Mayor should not enter into THIS particular series of postings, it is to honor a wonderful person who died too soon. May she Rest In Peace.
Jonathan Melle

Amherst, NH

#48 Jul 22, 2009
Would you say the same thing if it were John Edwards' wife Elizabeth?
I am sad that such a beautiful person, Ellen Ruberto, passed away. May God Bless her and those who loved her.
I agree with Greylock! Ellen suffered and died of cancer. She was a wonderful person. May she Rest In Peace.
SINCERELY,
Jonathan Alan Melle
Blessings

Springfield, MA

#49 Jul 22, 2009
The life of Ellen Ruberto was a story told by God, and it was all about beauty and love, and courage. Those of us who knew her, know why. What a beautiful angel Ellen is.

Mayor Jimmy Ruberto, please accept our most heartfelt sympathies for your loss…our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
Lisa

Clifton Park, NY

#50 Jul 22, 2009
I am so sorry to hear of Ellens passing. Cancer is a monster and no family should ever have to witness the destruction it leaves behind. You are all in my prayers!
what

AOL

#51 Jul 22, 2009
god bless her

he is a lame mayor..........ethics?does he have any?
what

AOL

#52 Jul 22, 2009
ya1 I ACTUALLY AGREE with what that poser melle said..........god brings everyone home.....may she be remembered for all her good deeds!
LBowerBannister

Albany, NY

#53 Jul 22, 2009
My prayers to the Mayor and his family during this time for strength and comfort, and also for the repose of the soul of Ellen. I will remember her as I knew her -- a woman who showed great courage and amazing grace in the face of illness. May light perpetual shine upon her.
poot

Northville, NY

#54 Jul 23, 2009
Jonathan Melle wrote:
If your wife was suffering from cancer, would you take care of her? Or, would you choose to be a third-rate politician instead?
John Edward & Jimmy Ruberto chose the latter!
- Jonathan Melle
Jonathan, you are completely missing the point of what these people are saying. This forum should not be used as a political discussion, or as an opportunity to express disdain towards James Ruberto. The reality is that a wonderful human being passed away yesterday and many people want to express their condolences and sincere grief. And I do realize that you have done so and that is quite noble. But please, leave the politics out of this. I'll admit I disagree with some of Rubertos beliefs, but above a politician he is a husband. Anyone who knew Mayor Ruberto and his wife realizes that they were a couple very committed to each other. He has whole heartedly supported her through cancer and she has whole heartedly supported him through his political career. I don't believe that a dying woman with cancer would stand by her husband announcing his plans for re-election if she felt a great deal of disdain towards him. Any evidence of PCB's relating to cancer is not his fault. And he has done some work to correct that problem. Don't lay the blame of her death on his. She was a great woman and he did a great job as a husband. Please be kind enough to respect their privacy at this time.
All will die

Adams, MA

#55 Jul 23, 2009
People die every minute, second. Who's next on the reapers list?
Lois

Clifton Park, NY

#56 Jul 23, 2009
Is this the same Mrs. Ruberto who was my biology teacher at South Jr. High? I remember that she got married while I was in her class.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti White Racist Liberals part V 41 min Repent Trump 16
Trumps manufacturing council 46 min Repent Trump 6
News Me, myself and I (Aug '08) 11 hr I and I 5
y USA support gay marriage instead of many wives. (May '15) 17 hr Liberal liar 3
News Our Opinion: Berkshires, nation, rally against ... 17 hr Liberal liar 8
News Stockbridge man facing drug, weapon charges aft... 18 hr Cops are Sociopaths 1
I'm waiting for Obama to blame Fort Hood on a v... (Apr '14) 19 hr The Worlds Bigges... 9

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages