Sheriff mum about claims n His office still has not responded t...

Full story: Berkshire Eagle

Berkshire County Sheriff Carmen C. Massimiano Jr. remained unavailable for comment Thursday in the wake of allegations by a Pittsfield man that Massimiano sexually assaulted him as a youth in the 1970s, before Massimiano was appointed to the sheriff's position.
Comments
61 - 80 of 522 Comments Last updated Aug 11, 2013
Kris Knutson

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

zoinks wrote:
knutson, remember when you tried to lay down some jail house justice and E.P (inmate) and he kicked your a##. mabey you did not do enough "juice".
I appreciate your assistance in establishing that Kris Knutson is my real name and that I did in fact work at the jail and that I did in fact use steroids while employed there. This is exactly what the people need, disclosure by deputies like yourself. Keep up the good work, you're doing fine.
Food ForThought

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Bowler is a filthy oppertunistic wannabe politician. we would all be foolish to believe that this wasnt a setup to bring the sheriff down and then try to reap the spoils of war. with that being said, down with the sheriff and all of the good OLD boys. Bowler should be investigated!
the truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

for jim mooney to say he didnt know is bull;he not only was aware of it;maybe ; now bare with me ; a enabler,camp russell was a haven for the pedifiles, and the head brass new;this was a long time coming.hopefully justice will be served.
USA

West Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

War Zone wrote:
The allegations are nothing new. I heard about this back in the 80's. It's not rape if it's consensual.
Anyone 16 and under in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts cannot consent to sex...that is the statute.
I am me

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

nutty Knut....Get some help!
Joe

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

The Eagle is trash. Hey Farkas is this your way of gaining the credibility you lost after getting the Super Bowl score wrong? PATHETIC unethical and poorly reported. The Eagle is awful.
Aarons gun

Larchmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Friend of a Friend wrote:
Did I mention that Dave was involved in the dismissle of Knutson as an officer. This is fact I was there (and still work their). So hmmm lets put two and two together a little vendictive arn't we nutsack. He does not know(Dave that I am speaking on his behalf as im sure he would condone this) but someone has to.
you can tell you work at the jail you're dumb and can't spell. Zip it screw.
the truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

how did jail and sheriff politics play a role in having a shriff being accuse of being a CHILD MOLESTER,a well admired political figured in our community being labeled a CHILD MOLESTER; A DIDDLER;A PEDIPHILE;the truth should be expose.
Kris Knutson

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

I am me wrote:
nutty Knut....Get some help!
Help? For what? Is that what whistleblowers need is help? I need help because I seek to see the people down the road of truth and empowerment? How are the people supposed to be in control of the powers that be, if the powers that be work in secret in opposition to the peoples best interests? Seems to me that those who work in secret are the ones who need the help. Do I work in secret? What are my secrets? Enlighten me, please.

I get it. I need help because I have a conscience and I am not afraid to do the right thing, which is to alert the people of Berkshire County as to the extent of the mess that select individuals in law enforcement have caused. And by keeping my mouth shut, that is equated with getting help, am I right? Because you have suggested that I need help as a result of my coming forward with truthful information concerning corruption in law enforcement in Berkshire County. I guess you think it best that these ursurpers remain in power and continue to sweep the dirt under the carpet for what amounts to selfish designs that are in opposition to the publics best interest. Bravo!
northadamstravel er

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

it really bothers me that the DA and Bowler/Pittsfield Poilce have known about Monahan for years, and kept it quiet, when there area apparently plenty of other people ready to come forward, and now, when it's politically convenient, when Monahan decides to come forward, Bowler announces he is running immediately before Carmen announces he was stepping out of the race, as if the two actions were coordinated, by Carmen/Bowler, and the DA, to have a seamless transfer of power. the whole lot of them are tainted in my opinion, and i really hate how the Eagle tries to paint Bosley as a Carmen supporter, and then goes on to make it look like anyone who doesn't return a call from some joke reporter is refusing to comment? seriously, the reporter could have called the pope and he would have refused to comment. just what is the eagle trying to do here, is the fix really in, the good ol' boys have to let go of Carmen and prop up Bowler? And who is going to pay for all this investigating of the DA and Bowler for letting the Sheriff get away with this for so many years? Barrett, Bowler, Ruberto, Carmen, when will it end?Poor Bosley just wants a job, he's not involved in any of this, and starting to look more independent all the time.
mugger

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

doug curry, paging doug curry
Wake up People

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

This whole story has been exploited by the Berkshire Eagle in an effort to sell newspapers. That is what they do. These rumors about the Sheriff are old news, they've been floating around for years. What peaked the interest of the Eagle was the fact that the Sheriff was going to be challenged for his office. Now all these old rumors become newsworthy and the Eagle can weave a web of controversy, cover-ups, and the great conspiracy theory.
That wonderful article printed by the Eagle about the Sheriff several weeks ago was nothing more than to soften him up for yesterday's "breaking news". That was the big set up for yesterday's revelation. The Sheriff knew of the pending doom and countered with his paid advertisement last weekend. Too little too late, I guess.
Connor Barry is a turd and the Berkshire Eagle is a disgrace. Understand that I am not defending the Sherrif, but the only controversy here is how the Eagle handled the matter. All this controversy is their doing so that we will buy their useless little newspaper.
Bottom line, who cares? The Sheriff is not running again and if there are more alleged victims then let them tell their stories to the authorities. If criminal charges are the result, then that is news.
My advice, buy the Gazzette, at least Jonnathan Levine has some ethics and morals. Connor your a joke!
Aimee

Glens Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Kris Knutson wrote:
<quoted text>Help? For what? Is that what whistleblowers need is help? I need help because I seek to see the people down the road of truth and empowerment? How are the people supposed to be in control of the powers that be, if the powers that be work in secret in opposition to the peoples best interests? Seems to me that those who work in secret are the ones who need the help. Do I work in secret? What are my secrets? Enlighten me, please.
I get it. I need help because I have a conscience and I am not afraid to do the right thing, which is to alert the people of Berkshire County as to the extent of the mess that select individuals in law enforcement have caused. And by keeping my mouth shut, that is equated with getting help, am I right? Because you have suggested that I need help as a result of my coming forward with truthful information concerning corruption in law enforcement in Berkshire County. I guess you think it best that these ursurpers remain in power and continue to sweep the dirt under the carpet for what amounts to selfish designs that are in opposition to the publics best interest. Bravo!
Mr. Knutson I understand what your concerns are but please leave names out of it. You have no idea what took place with Dave Sinopoli.
If you are disgruntle against the Sheriff's department so be it, that is your choice.
Why don't you do something useful with your time and start talking to young teens about steroid use and how it can affect your mind and body.

By the way I am not ashamed to say that Dave is my husband.
Tom Canning

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

David Sinopoli was one of the finest men to ever work for me. I am proud of our friendship.
TC
Dick Tracy

North Blenheim, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Lets not forget the Deputy who was in charge of the Jail Kitchen ...now employed at BMC Cafeteria. He made the mistake of finding numerous accounting issues and I believe things missing...food, supplies etc. He brought this to the attention of Carmine the Barbarian who thanked him and then ordered him to come to work the next day in full uniform...not his kitchen clothing..and then the games began..Fortunately a positon opened up at BMC and the Deputy left the House of Ill-repute....and the reign of Carmine the Barbarian. I hazard to think all the high ranking Officers of BCSD ....I mean all the behind kissers..are talking to the retirement board..
Funny

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

I can't wait for all the juicy details to come into full light.
Joe

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

the editor, Tim Farkas, realized what a pathetic joke of a paper it is he runs so he printed this with only half of the story. Unethical.

Get both sides of the story. No wonder newspapers are dying. Biased crap like this.

Anyone see that the Eagle had a huge breakout box on Monday with the WRONG Super Bowl score? This paper has zero credibility. No wonder Rex Smith thinks this guy is a joke.
Wake up People wrote:
This whole story has been exploited by the Berkshire Eagle in an effort to sell newspapers. That is what they do. These rumors about the Sheriff are old news, they've been floating around for years. What peaked the interest of the Eagle was the fact that the Sheriff was going to be challenged for his office. Now all these old rumors become newsworthy and the Eagle can weave a web of controversy, cover-ups, and the great conspiracy theory.
That wonderful article printed by the Eagle about the Sheriff several weeks ago was nothing more than to soften him up for yesterday's "breaking news". That was the big set up for yesterday's revelation. The Sheriff knew of the pending doom and countered with his paid advertisement last weekend. Too little too late, I guess.
Connor Barry is a turd and the Berkshire Eagle is a disgrace. Understand that I am not defending the Sherrif, but the only controversy here is how the Eagle handled the matter. All this controversy is their doing so that we will buy their useless little newspaper.
Bottom line, who cares? The Sheriff is not running again and if there are more alleged victims then let them tell their stories to the authorities. If criminal charges are the result, then that is news.
My advice, buy the Gazzette, at least Jonnathan Levine has some ethics and morals. Connor your a joke!
fed up

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

jack downing no comment that's an oxymoron.
Steve

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Tom Canning wrote:
David Sinopoli was one of the finest men to ever work for me. I am proud of our friendship.
TC
Really ^^ what about the FBI raiding his ex-wife's home? and someone named Carmen covering it up?
the truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

a name comes to light dave groat,DAVE GROAT can he be found,all the secrets of camp russell and the boys club could be found if dave groat can be found.how does jim mooney becomes SPECIAL SHERIFF at the jail in its day?these PILLARS of the community as we should believe have what the eagle would say a DARK CLOUD over thier heads,shouldnt defend themselves;the boys club and the camp as proud as they were and still are are not at fault ; but the people who ran the places and trust me they know who they are hid behind thier positions;the things that went on at the camp and boys club in the 70s would be surprising.i pray this thing bust wide open.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pittsfield Discussions

Search the Pittsfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 7 hr Kundrot dionkie 4,693
'Systemic Corruption' in Mass. Probation Dept. ... (Nov '10) 13 hr the city I hate 8
Patronage Hack Alf 'No Show' Barbalunga "Tired"... (Dec '12) 13 hr the city I hate 14
Joseph A. Yannone ----- Mark Joseph Jewelers --... (Jun '13) 13 hr are you kidding 88
Theater district needs police presence (Jul '10) 13 hr the city I hate 32
The Worst Trolls On The Internet Are The Govern... 13 hr are you kidding 172
Hearing on Bianchi Complaint Adjourns After... 14 hr the city I hate 16
•••
•••
•••
Pittsfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pittsfield Jobs

•••