Stabbing leads to fire

Stabbing leads to fire

There are 70 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jan 23, 2010, titled Stabbing leads to fire. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

A dispute between a husband and wife early Saturday morning resulted in a stabbing and led to a fire in an apartment building off North Street that displaced 26 people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Robert Davis Spencer

Northville, NY

#1 Jan 23, 2010
My heart goes out to those who have been displaced by this fire, as well as the loss of pets that were surely loved. The management at Bellco has in the past dealt with these tragedies surpassing what most landlords would do for their tenants. All of you will be in my prayers this evening, The Pittsfield fire department and God had all of you in their eye's last night.
endthefed

Bennington, VT

#2 Jan 24, 2010
thanks god nobody got hurt.......
Lousy reporting

Springfield, MA

#3 Jan 24, 2010
Where does it talk about the elderly man that needed to be rescued? The guy that was "50" is elderly? The Eagle needs to hire reporters that can articulate and create headlines that match the content of the article.
kristi-lee

Chicopee, MA

#4 Jan 24, 2010
that was my mom tammy my brother antony my cousin nicole my step father wayne and my good friend sonya in that buildin i am glad they made it out alive but people in that buildin and that pet bird was part of r family my work is donating clothes 2 every one in that building but they lost every thing so i ask everyone please if u can help with donations there was a baby girl in that apartment she laost her toys and clothes so ne and all donations will help if u could please send them 2 the red cross in pittsfield mass and tell them it is 4 the fire victims on kent ave thank you and i also thank the fire department and the police department 4 saving my family and friends
old man

Adams, MA

#5 Jan 24, 2010
Lousy reporting wrote:
Where does it talk about the elderly man that needed to be rescued? The guy that was "50" is elderly? The Eagle needs to hire reporters that can articulate and create headlines that match the content of the article.
Yes. 50 is elderly.

So says the AARP, and everyone else (except for sensive old women).
donate

Lenox, MA

#6 Jan 24, 2010
kristi-lee wrote:
that was my mom tammy my brother antony my cousin nicole my step father wayne and my good friend sonya in that buildin i am glad they made it out alive but people in that buildin and that pet bird was part of r family my work is donating clothes 2 every one in that building but they lost every thing so i ask everyone please if u can help with donations there was a baby girl in that apartment she laost her toys and clothes so ne and all donations will help if u could please send them 2 the red cross in pittsfield mass and tell them it is 4 the fire victims on kent ave thank you and i also thank the fire department and the police department 4 saving my family and friends
How old is the little girl? I want to be sure that the clothing I donate will fit her.
Voxpop

Cobleskill, NY

#7 Jan 24, 2010
Sad news about those pets. Great job by fire and police in making sure the people were safe.
Confussed

Mechanicville, NY

#8 Jan 24, 2010
So what happened the husband beat the wife and the wife stabbed the husband? Who set the building ablaze? was it the "old man"? Please help.
Out of Stater

United States

#9 Jan 24, 2010
kristi-lee wrote:
Kristi-I will help donate. You just need to give me an email address or website. Good Luck.

Since: Jun 08

Mechanicville, NY

#10 Jan 24, 2010
old man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. 50 is elderly.
So says the AARP, and everyone else (except for sensive old women).
Yes 50 and older means {Older than dirt}..lol
resident

Mechanicville, NY

#11 Jan 24, 2010
best little city in the northeast!!!- what a bunch of clowns. come on barrett, this is a neighborhood. what is your ideas? hey jimmy R., what do you hAVE TO SAY ABOUT ALL THIS?
mike

Northville, NY

#12 Jan 24, 2010
its just a bunch of lowlife pieces of trash who live in that dump on kent ave.why dont bmc just buy the damn thing and turn it into a parking lot,they dont have much more further to go.
mike

Northville, NY

#13 Jan 24, 2010
Tappy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes 50 and older means {Older than dirt}..lol
dont you mean that your older than a sack of hammers lol

Since: Aug 08

Lee. MA

#14 Jan 24, 2010
50 is a long way from being "elderly". People with any sense identify people in their 50's as "middle aged".

Since: Jun 08

Mechanicville, NY

#15 Jan 24, 2010
mike wrote:
<quoted text>dont you mean that your older than a sack of hammers lol
Yes I am old and lucky to be still healthy and have a good sense of humor.
riiiight

Albany, NY

#16 Jan 24, 2010
resident wrote:
best little city in the northeast!!!- what a bunch of clowns. come on barrett, this is a neighborhood. what is your ideas? hey jimmy R., what do you hAVE TO SAY ABOUT ALL THIS?
what?? seriously, this makes absolutely NO sense at all..
riiiight

Albany, NY

#17 Jan 24, 2010
younger ppl consider 50 elderly, 30+ consider it to be middle aged.. who cares?
fires are tragedies to all of the innocent ppl involved regardless of what s*ithole they live in. Kent ave apts are gross, i guess the only good thing to come out of this is the renovation required in order for it to be livable again. I feel bad for the ppl that have to live there. pitts is a poor place, many rely on subsidized and/or cheap apartments to live. not all of them are low life drug dealing system moochers, some are just stuck in a rough spot. been there, done that, moved on myself.. sh*t happens. As for the donations, it would of been a good idea to list ages of the ppl that need help. But I will call red cross and ask myself.. hopefully they know that info, If you read this (dont remember your name) plz post and list the ages so everyone that wants to help knows what is needed :)
daughter of victim

Chicopee, MA

#18 Jan 24, 2010
mike wrote:
its just a bunch of lowlife pieces of trash who live in that dump on kent ave.why dont bmc just buy the damn thing and turn it into a parking lot,they dont have much more further to go.
you dont know a dam thing about the people in that building my mom is a hard worker who bust her but at a nursing home and god dont like ugly and the people in that buildin are not low lifes o and asshole i bet i top ur pay check in 2 days so haha u r the low life get brave and say it 2 there face
daughter of victim

Chicopee, MA

#19 Jan 24, 2010
the lady on the second floor lost every thing she is late 40 with no family she lost her bed and living room set ne thing will help her the baby girl is set on clothes but she lost her crib and toys she is 15 months bed sets and beds are gone ne thing and everything will help 413-442-1506is the number for the red cross in pittsfield mass the address is 480 west st pittsfield mass 01201 po box 644
kevin

Clockville, NY

#20 Jan 24, 2010
mike wrote:
Trust me,its like a blink and your there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police union's lawyers push back against Pittsf... 41 min Cops are Degenerates 9
News 'Embracing beauty of difference' at first Berks... 41 min Cops are Degenerates 16
Stop And Shop Music Playlist (Oct '14) 12 hr Razorflame45 26
Is MATT a 33 degree SATANIST? 13 hr The Pink Donkey 1
Another sad article by john seven Tue Interesting 1
The Jewish War in Syria Mon Petrodollar 71
Travel Ban UPHELD Mon Lumber Noodance 3

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages