Why I support Obama

There are 4 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Feb 1, 2008, titled Why I support Obama. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

In recent months, I've been asked many times which candidate I support in the Democratic primary, and each time my answer's been the same: I'll support the candidate who can best inspire all of us, who can lift ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

SAL

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Feb 2, 2008
Barack-- Teddy-- or none of the other Democrats matter-- we need a Republican to take proper care of our states & our country-- Romney would be fine-- McCain would be OK but I am very concerned about his age. & who is going to be the Vice President?? and who would be next??
Gail Brown

Kent, WA

#2 Feb 2, 2008
www.tucc.org/ Interesting mission of his church.
Laurie

Hoosick Falls, NY

#4 Feb 3, 2008
It's not that we need a Democrat or a Republican. it's that this time around we need the right person for president.

I've voted Democratic and I've voted Republican in my lifetime. And I'm olf enough to remember JFK and RFK.

I agree with Senator Kennedy that Barack is the right person.

He has the vision, the sound judgment and yes, the right experience to do the job. Barack has 26 years of experiencw, including 11 years of elected experience. He will be right on day one!

Instead of going to Wall St. after college, Barack went to the south side of Chicago and helped unemployed steelworkers. He worked as a civil rights lawyer. He taught Constitutional Law.

He was elected to two terms in the Illinois legislature where he was responsible for healthcare and ethics reform legislation. He came to Washington and sponsored ethics reform legislation and understood better than most the problems of getting mired in Iraq.

He's weathered smear campaign from the Clintons the like of which no Democrat has thrown at another Democrat. He's stood up to distortions on his records and emergeg stronger for it.

He has stood up for working men and women and small business owners throughout his whole career.

And as a nurse of 40 years, I know his healthcare plan is the best. He covers all children who need coverage and allows adults to make their own choices. Everyone who wants insurance under his plan can get it, but no one is forced into a plan they don't want.

His tax program targets working families and seniors.

And his understanding of how the economy works and his plans to stimulate the economy wins high praise.

I'm proudly voting for Senator Obama on Tuesday. I hope you will join me!
WTF

United States

#5 Sep 3, 2013
Laurie wrote:
It's not that we need a Democrat or a Republican. it's that this time around we need the right person for president.
I've voted Democratic and I've voted Republican in my lifetime. And I'm olf enough to remember JFK and RFK.
I agree with Senator Kennedy that Barack is the right person.
He has the vision, the sound judgment and yes, the right experience to do the job. Barack has 26 years of experiencw, including 11 years of elected experience. He will be right on day one!
Instead of going to Wall St. after college, Barack went to the south side of Chicago and helped unemployed steelworkers. He worked as a civil rights lawyer. He taught Constitutional Law.
He was elected to two terms in the Illinois legislature where he was responsible for healthcare and ethics reform legislation. He came to Washington and sponsored ethics reform legislation and understood better than most the problems of getting mired in Iraq.
He's weathered smear campaign from the Clintons the like of which no Democrat has thrown at another Democrat. He's stood up to distortions on his records and emergeg stronger for it.
He has stood up for working men and women and small business owners throughout his whole career.
And as a nurse of 40 years, I know his healthcare plan is the best. He covers all children who need coverage and allows adults to make their own choices. Everyone who wants insurance under his plan can get it, but no one is forced into a plan they don't want.
His tax program targets working families and seniors.
And his understanding of how the economy works and his plans to stimulate the economy wins high praise.
I'm proudly voting for Senator Obama on Tuesday. I hope you will join me!
Boy were you wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Discrimination/ Hate Crimes/ Running wild Pitts... 1 hr Cops are Sociopaths 26
Don't Hate Your Neighbor 1 hr Cops are Sociopaths 7
DNC files lawsuit against Trumpís 15 hr Cops are Sociopaths 3
News Pittsfield: Anshe Amunim to celebrate Israel's ... Apr 21 Menachem Ben Gurion 3
News Sonsini animal shelter closing to public as sta... Apr 21 Ozzie 1
Drain the welfare swamp Apr 20 Ozzie 33
Trumpís EO on all benefits programs Apr 19 blueballs 40

Pittsfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages