Man gets jail for sexual assault

There are 20 comments on the May 28, 2010, Berkshire Eagle story titled Man gets jail for sexual assault. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

A 22-year-old Dalton man was ordered to serve at least one year in the Berkshire County House of Correction on Friday when he pleaded guilty to two sexual assault charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Word

Altamont, NY

#46 Jun 1, 2010
holy land wrote:
<quoted text>dont have to work........get foodies.sec8.........rent and all bills paid..she will end up letting some homey live there selling weed......the bro will get her high all the time and sell weed from her sec8 apt just like at dower square and riverview homes.....we all know that!once these piggeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz go black and get a taste of easy life andd the weed.they never go back!
Word.
anjello

Clifton Park, NY

#47 Jun 1, 2010
glad it wasn't me
Steven

Pittsfield, MA

#53 Jun 3, 2010
kirstin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't touch drugs OR n_i_g_g_e_r_s, you stupid ****!
Good for you! At least you won't end up addicted to drugs or a victim of domestic violence or murder!
playgrounds closed

Lincolnville, ME

#54 Jun 3, 2010
Angelo C. Stracuzzi and Clifford J. Nilan have picked up their marbles and moved, but they can be found in the Pittsfield Forum and Massachusetts Forum. I guess you can only play so long at the Berkshire Eagle playground before they shut it down and lock you out. Some of the other Angelo C. Stracuzzi threads have been relagated to some cornfield I can't find.
Domestic Bliss

Lincolnville, ME

#55 Jun 3, 2010
Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you! At least you won't end up addicted to drugs or a victim of domestic violence or murder!
July 3, 2009 Berkshire Eagle, Pittsfield councilor charged with assault Domestic dispute triggers arrest of Anthony Maffuccio and his live-in girlfriend. Maffuccio, 38 and his girlfriend, Kristina Biasin, 36, were charged with assault and battery. Maffuccio said Biasin returned home at about 1 a.m. Thursday after a night of using cocaine, according to the reports. He(Maffucio) said she (Biasin) often takes his car when she uses cocaine, which prompts him to file reports that his car has been stolen.
Sam

Pittsfield, MA

#56 Jun 4, 2010
Domestic Bliss wrote:
<quoted text>July 3, 2009 Berkshire Eagle, Pittsfield councilor charged with assault Domestic dispute triggers arrest of Anthony Maffuccio and his live-in girlfriend. Maffuccio, 38 and his girlfriend, Kristina Biasin, 36, were charged with assault and battery. Maffuccio said Biasin returned home at about 1 a.m. Thursday after a night of using cocaine, according to the reports. He(Maffucio) said she (Biasin) often takes his car when she uses cocaine, which prompts him to file reports that his car has been stolen.
Your point there, Potato Cakes?
anonymous

Winchester, TN

#57 Jun 4, 2010
These two were not virtual strangers. Both went to Catholic School in Dalton. Muldowney was "victim's" brothers classmate for 9 years. She was a few years behind. Defendants father also knew victims father. I see now that a public defender does not really care if a young mans life is ruined as he will now be considered a pedofile. In actuality, this was two teens who did know each other having sexual contact that they shouldn't have, but as a teen, the thought of being charged with rape is something that happens to 40 year olds going after a teen.
anonymous

Winchester, TN

#58 Jun 5, 2010
Western MA Lawyer-to-be wrote:
When I was 14 I too thought that I knew exactly what I was doing. 25 years later, I know now that I was completely wrong and that I actually had no clue back then. I am lucky to be alive considering the incredibly dangerous and stupid things I did as a teen and young adult. I don't think I am unique or anomalous in this respect. I hope you do not end up pregnant with an unplanned child, kirstin. Considering the fact that statutory rape laws have been designed to address teenage pregnancy, I think that the stricter enforcement of the law, the better.
This is the stupidist reason to have this law. Most of the girls want to date olders guys simply because of the maturity rate between males and females. So this guy at 18, was probably close in maturity level to the girl. This law should geared towards the 35 yr old seducing the 12 yr old. Not two teens, one in high school, one having just graduated. His life is now ruined, you try getting a job and starting your life as a "pedofile". This law needs to be revised to account for teens today, not teens 20 yrs ago. This is why the sex registries are so large and law enforcement can not properly keep an eye on the real pedofiles
anonymous

Winchester, TN

#59 Jun 5, 2010
Western MA Lawyer-to-be wrote:
I do not understand how a charge involving a child under the age of consent can be termed "without force." Consent is irrelevant to statutory rape by definition, so why does consent matter? Makes very little sense to me.
I have read all your posts and at the rate you are going I would suggest another line of work. Laws need to change with the times. They are not as black and white as you seem to think, there is a gray area. And this law, throughout all the states in this country have acknowledged this gray area. Some states have changed these laws slightly to address the times we live in. One change that has been made in several states is the AGE DIFFERENCE between parties.
anonymous

Winchester, TN

#60 Jun 5, 2010
You are scum wrote:
<quoted text>
Steven, you are scum. An underage girl could dance naked in front of an older man and he STILL has no right to touch her. Taking advantage of a young girl just because she is in a confused state about proper behavior is predatory and sick. Crawl back under your rock, you disgusting sleazeball.
Steven, what this all amounts to is the victims family is well known in this area, and are employed by the sherriffs department at the same jail this young man is going to. Many in the community THINK this family is above reproach, though some of us know better.
Andrew

Pittsfield, MA

#61 Jun 5, 2010
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the stupidist reason to have this law. Most of the girls want to date olders guys simply because of the maturity rate between males and females. So this guy at 18, was probably close in maturity level to the girl. This law should geared towards the 35 yr old seducing the 12 yr old. Not two teens, one in high school, one having just graduated. His life is now ruined, you try getting a job and starting your life as a "pedofile". This law needs to be revised to account for teens today, not teens 20 yrs ago. This is why the sex registries are so large and law enforcement can not properly keep an eye on the real pedofiles
Finally, someone else on this board with a shred of sense! And it doesn't surprise me that your post shows you're NOT from Massachusetts! Well spoken!
MOM

Winchester, TN

#62 Jun 5, 2010
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, someone else on this board with a shred of sense! And it doesn't surprise me that your post shows you're NOT from Massachusetts! Well spoken!
Andrew, don't u wonder why this was not investigated until 7 months later.....it's because she saw him at the mall with a new girlfriend.
Read my other posts, they knew each other. He went to catholic School because of his bipolar disorder. He needed the stricter discipline. K-9 only had about 110 students in total. Shaun and her brother were in the same class together for 8 years.
I should also tell you, This is my son, and I am devestated. He has been put through hell for 3 yrs, lost his job, can't even walk down the street without being called a "Baby raper". Now jail, and what kind of future will he now have.
What teenager ever thinks they'll get pregnant?
What teenager ever thinks they'll be accused of rape?
stevenisahomo

Springfield, MA

#63 Jun 5, 2010
Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a f_u_c_k_i_n_g idiot. Nobody's excusing what the guy did, just saying the girl should be held accountable as well! And I'm sorry, but teenage girls who dress like a **** are asking for it. Period. How else can you explain some of the outfits I've seen??? Low-cut tops, skirts that would be short on a **** Barbie doll?? Oh yeah, the femninists say they're "empowering themselves" or some **** like that. Well, sorry, I ain't buying it. Not saying it's right, but any teenage girl that dresses like that and gets involved with a guy, consetual or not, deserves it. And her idiot parents deserve it for letting their kid dress like a ****. Deal with it.
My god you are serious? do guys who wear no shirts cutting the lawn deserve to be raped? asking for what? to be raped hmm you are truly ignorant your mother should have aborted you when she had the chance.

Since: Nov 08

Chester, MA

#64 Jun 5, 2010
Western MA Lawyer-to-be wrote:
<quoted text>
For the last time, consent is IRRELEVANT. Maybe you people do not know the meaning of the word "irrelevant" and that's the problem. Irrelevant = DOES NOT MATTER ONE IOTA.
Funny you bring up the word irrelevant considering your comment was irrelevant to the point I was making in my comment.
All I was getting at was if it's not rape then even the underage individual whether it be male or female should be held just as responsible as the other. It take 2 people to have sex.
And If only one person is in jeopardy of getting in trouble the other person involved isn't likely to think of the position they are putting that individual in.(no pun intended)
Andrew

Pittsfield, MA

#66 Jun 5, 2010
MOM wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew, don't u wonder why this was not investigated until 7 months later.....it's because she saw him at the mall with a new girlfriend.
Read my other posts, they knew each other. He went to catholic School because of his bipolar disorder. He needed the stricter discipline. K-9 only had about 110 students in total. Shaun and her brother were in the same class together for 8 years.
I should also tell you, This is my son, and I am devestated. He has been put through hell for 3 yrs, lost his job, can't even walk down the street without being called a "Baby raper". Now jail, and what kind of future will he now have.
What teenager ever thinks they'll get pregnant?
What teenager ever thinks they'll be accused of rape?
If you truly are the mother here, you do have my sympathies. As a father myself, I can't condone what he did, but I don't under ANY circumstances think he should be labeled a "baby raper" or, for that matter, be on the sex offender registry. The registry is so full of teenagers who simply make mistakes or bad judgement calls that the real monsters, the ones who prey on innocent kids (like 7-8 years old) get lost in the shuffle. I sincerely hope you and your family can put this all behind you eventually, and that your son finds SOMEONE willing to give him a chance and get to know him instead of simply judging by a piece of paper.
Anjello

Clifton Park, NY

#67 Jun 5, 2010
can't blame me for this one
kirstin

Pittsfield, MA

#68 Jun 5, 2010
stevenisahomo wrote:
<quoted text>My god you are serious? do guys who wear no shirts cutting the lawn deserve to be raped? asking for what? to be raped hmm you are truly ignorant your mother should have aborted you when she had the chance.
lol I hope ur not comparing me to some sweaty fat guy out mowing his lawn??? And Steve, I know what ur tryin ta say but I'm not a slut, thanx, I just know what my guy likes to look at! ;)
mom

Winchester, TN

#69 Jun 5, 2010
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>
If you truly are the mother here, you do have my sympathies. As a father myself, I can't condone what he did, but I don't under ANY circumstances think he should be labeled a "baby raper" or, for that matter, be on the sex offender registry. The registry is so full of teenagers who simply make mistakes or bad judgement calls that the real monsters, the ones who prey on innocent kids (like 7-8 years old) get lost in the shuffle. I sincerely hope you and your family can put this all behind you eventually, and that your son finds SOMEONE willing to give him a chance and get to know him instead of simply judging by a piece of paper.
Thank you for your understanding (hoping you wouldn't attack me). I also do not condone what happened. My daughter was the same age when she started seeing someone who had just graduated high school. He and I had a little discussion that if he tried to have sex with her within 6 months of dating, I would press charges. If after 6 months, if my daughter felt she could not control her hormones, I would take her to get birth control. I was trying to teach relationship over hormones, but also trying to be realistic. I know you don't know my son, but he is very sweet and has a great sense of humor. He is also very sensitive and would be very upset with himself if he even thought he hurt your feelings. He is not perfect, he's a kid (of course this is not the best way to start in his life as a "man"). Thank you for allowing me to vent, I think it's time to go and have a good cry again.
One more thing that was not mentioned in the paper, there was no penetration. She preformed oral sex on him, boy he is paying the ultimate price for it now.
Andrew

Pittsfield, MA

#70 Jun 6, 2010
mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your understanding (hoping you wouldn't attack me). I also do not condone what happened. My daughter was the same age when she started seeing someone who had just graduated high school. He and I had a little discussion that if he tried to have sex with her within 6 months of dating, I would press charges. If after 6 months, if my daughter felt she could not control her hormones, I would take her to get birth control. I was trying to teach relationship over hormones, but also trying to be realistic. I know you don't know my son, but he is very sweet and has a great sense of humor. He is also very sensitive and would be very upset with himself if he even thought he hurt your feelings. He is not perfect, he's a kid (of course this is not the best way to start in his life as a "man"). Thank you for allowing me to vent, I think it's time to go and have a good cry again.
One more thing that was not mentioned in the paper, there was no penetration. She preformed oral sex on him, boy he is paying the ultimate price for it now.
There need to be some serious reform of the current laws, or else your son won't be the last victim of this system. I'm not sure how to go about initiating that, but if it ever happens, you can count on my support, at least.
Steven

Pittsfield, MA

#71 Jun 7, 2010
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>
There need to be some serious reform of the current laws, or else your son won't be the last victim of this system. I'm not sure how to go about initiating that, but if it ever happens, you can count on my support, at least.
You're absolutely right!! What's it come to when you have 14 and 15-year-olds (boys mostly, of course!) classified as sex offenders because of the "sexting" craze? Someone should do an in-depth study on just how many people on the State Sex Offender Registry are actually the kind of people we all believe should be on there (who prey on small children, or habitually rape), and how many are simply there because the law leaves no room for argument. The state could kiss my ass if they thought I was going to have my kid submit to a registry just because he slept with his girlfriend or had nude pictures of her!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Posted His Photos T Facebook... 6 min Praxis33 4
G.W.Bush bashes Obama, finally. And it was pric... 16 min Praxis33 6
Carter going to middle east to 27 min Glen Back 1
Baltimore's stupid black female mayor says it w... 35 min Glen Back 4
This ruling is bad for those who can't afford 1 hr Praxis33 2
News Breathalyzer reliability in question, Massachus... 2 hr Praxis33 8
News No trace of third Lewis Lent victim in Greenwat... (Jul '13) 2 hr Praxis33 14
More from around the web

Pittsfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]