Elen Spear I Would Like Your Comments

Elen Spear I Would Like Your Comments

Posted in the Pittsfield Forum

Since: May 10

Adams, MA

#1 May 10, 2010
As you previously called me a liar, please comment on the following:

As part of the HSV master land plan, have you explored with the help of developers and real estate agents, that are both local and from out of the area, a sighting plan for a series of condos and an office park near the corner of RT 41 and 20.
Both parcels of land now have access to cities sewer because of the pumping station and sewer line put in for Interprint and Richmond shores.
One of the people that came up with this master land plan is a developer, and another a local real estate agent who estimated the value of the total development as a partner deal at approximately $4 million.

How much are you paid each year and how much did you spend last year, or your last fully audited year, on travel and entertainment? So we do not play semantics, travel and entertainment in the sense that you traveled, using HSV funds, spent money on lodgings and meals, seeing sights, and all secondary travel expenses such as car rentals, etc.
My understanding, from members of your own staff, is that if there is an opportunity to save money on a trip, you don't. An example would be hiring a car service when a taxi would do; staying at better than average hotels when economy hotels are available and sufficient. If you need more examples to jog your memory they can be provided.

Why, during business hours, do you spend so much time on facebook and using HSV technology and equipment to make personal plans for dinner, chat with friends, and basically surf the web for frivolous purposes not related to the operation of HSV?

Why should Pittsfield give a grant to your organization when your office's lack of fiscal austerity is so blatant?

So please address each question as best you can as you seem to have ignored the last attempt at getting clarification on HSV plans when more facts were presented.
mute

Troy, NY

#2 May 11, 2010
the silence is deafening
Spider

Clifton Park, NY

#3 May 11, 2010
The silence is not only deafening it is also quite revealing. I only hope all of our City Council members are as aware of her sudden "silence" as we are.

Since: Aug 08

Petersburg, IN

#4 May 11, 2010
Please provide me the name of the local real estate developer you keep mentioning. I am interested in speaking about this land.
Rudy

Middlefield, MA

#5 May 11, 2010
I'm confused - trying to understand the reasoning for this. It sure can't be compared to the Crane situation - not at all.

I don't see Pittsfield really benefiting in much of a way - if at all. Can someone explain how Pittsfield will win in this regard - I think it is only a benefit for Shaker Hancock. Can't buy the figures given ($90,000 etc.)-PLEASE EXPLAIN.
Senior

Adams, MA

#6 May 11, 2010
Rudy wrote:
I'm confused - trying to understand the reasoning for this. It sure can't be compared to the Crane situation - not at all.
I don't see Pittsfield really benefiting in much of a way - if at all. Can someone explain how Pittsfield will win in this regard - I think it is only a benefit for Shaker Hancock. Can't buy the figures given ($90,000 etc.)-PLEASE EXPLAIN.
they will not, its a political favor.
wormy councilors

Troy, NY

#7 May 11, 2010
Spider wrote:
The silence is not only deafening it is also quite revealing. I only hope all of our City Council members are as aware of her sudden "silence" as we are.
That is a riot. Most of the city council is in on the whole scam. If they wanted to vote against it they would have to get special permission from the mayor. And he ain't gonna give it.

They were elected to represent the citizens of Pittsfield but being the girly men they are they do as they are instructed.
Spider

Clifton Park, NY

#8 May 11, 2010
wormy councilors wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a riot. Most of the city council is in on the whole scam. If they wanted to vote against it they would have to get special permission from the mayor. And he ain't gonna give it.
They were elected to represent the citizens of Pittsfield but being the girly men they are they do as they are instructed.
That is exactly what I was suggesting. You will see tonight who is with the mayor and who isn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Youth Works delivers hope and real-world experi... 11 hr Cops are degenerates 2
I Guess Tom Didn't Like Con Exposure. 16 hr Harley Rider 1
Donald Trump: The next President of the United ... (Aug '15) 17 hr Dink 45
Help a Brother Out 20 hr Harley Rider 2
Someone is drinking again 21 hr george t 2
News Methadone clinic eyeing move from Summer Street... Fri Cops are degenerates 2
News Hoop Dreams: New Dower Square basketball court ... Fri cops are degener... 24

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages