#21 Feb 12, 2014
Pittsfield has become North Adams South. Ruberto should have renamed Pittsfield South Adams. John Adams had unknown cousins named North and South. He sent them to the Berkshires during the Revolutionary War in the 18th Century. North and South drifted apart and started the Civil War in the 19th Century. North liked to wear blue uniforms, while South liked to wear gray uniforms. North fought for the Union Army, while South fought for the Confederate Army. North and South reunited in the 20th Century. North moved near Vermont, while South moved to Pittsfield. North and South found friendship with John Barrett III and Jimmy Ruberto in the 21st Century. North and South want Johnny and Jimmy to retire and enjoy their old age in leisure. New people should lead North Adams and South Adams aka Pittsfield.
#22 Feb 12, 2014
Where is the center of the Universe? I heard the center of the Universe is in Pittsfield. It is a black hole that sucks up tax dollars, jobs, and people.
#23 Feb 13, 2014
As you know personal greed is hard to overcome. Smart greedy people get themselves into politics where the feeding trough is easier to get to and stay at. You can spot the slick young greedy ones as they prance about on city councils and radio shows prepping for their hopeful ascending to higher ranks and bigger payoffs.
#24 Feb 13, 2014
even though 'poor johnny' doesn't have a job, he is the best at having any thread that contains his name, or reference to him or his' butt boy' bob moulton removed from the north adams forum
#25 Feb 13, 2014
And let's not forget Pittsfield's wrinkled old odd fossil sitting on the licensing board judging others. Despite old creepy odd rumors of an unsavory nature, that wrinkled old oddity was able to hold on to his sheriff position for decades.
#26 Feb 13, 2014
I so want my kids back, I miss my sex life and my government handouts, I need to get knocked up again by someone I have known for a week in a crack den.
#27 Feb 13, 2014
Jimmy Ruberto hired John Barrett III to help him run Pittsfield politics. During the Ruberto regime, Pittsfield lost thousands of jobs, while thousands of people left the Pittsfield area, and taxes went sky high. Johnny B helped Jimmy R run Pittsfield into the ground!
#28 Feb 13, 2014
ALL FACTS Remembering Jimmy Rubertos Record on Jobs
* On December 8, 2008, Sabic Innovative Plastics laid off 40 of its 300 local employees. On December 11, 2008, KB Toys filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the second time in four years with the intention of liquidating the entire company. The 225 full-time employees at KBs Pittsfield headquarters will all be laid off by May 2009, company officials have said.
*Berkshire County unemployment rate soars, By Tony Dobrowolski, Berkshire Eagle Staff, January 28, 2009, Berkshire Countys unemployment rate reached its highest level in 13 years in December Berkshire County is now outpacing the state.
* Berkshire Countys unemployment rate hit a 16-year high in 2009. Source:Berkshire County Unemployment: Job outlook uncertain, By Tony Dobrowolski, Berkshire Eagle Staff, January 3, 2010.
*Jobless rate now at 10.4%: Unemployment in Berkshire County is at its highest level since the early 1990s. By Tony Dobrowolski, Berkshire Eagle Staff, March 11, 2010.
* Berkshire Health Systems, facing a decline in patient visits, told employees on Wednesday it will cut the equivalent of 65 full-time positions.Source:Berkshire Health Systems shedding jobs(By Jack Dew, Berkshire Eagle Staff, June 18, 2009).
* Berkshire Health Systems, the parent company of Berkshire Medical Center, announced today that 124 full- and part-time employees or 3.7 percent of the workforce have received layoff notices.Berkshire Health Systems announces layoffs., By Dick Lindsay, Berkshire Eagle Staff, August 5, 2010.
* Berkshire Countys population dropped by more than 5,600 to 129,288 residents between 2000 and 2009, according to the American Community Survey. Pittsfield accounted for almost 2,800 of those departures: There were 45,793 city residents in 2000 compared with 43,000 last year. Source:Census shows decline in county population, By Dick Lindsay, Berkshire Eagle Staff, December 16, 2010.
* NEWS ARTICLE:
Bump looks to address job losses in Berkshires
2/19/2007 , By: Karen Honikel,(Capital News 9 out of Albany, NY covering the Berkshires in Western Massachusetts)
Governor Deval Patricks new Executive Director of Workforce Development isnt wasting any time getting down to business.
Former State Representative Suzanne Bump is working to introduce herself to the local business communities and let them know she will make sure the Berkshires are not forgotten on Beacon Hill. She says a major concern right now is addressing the loss of jobs in the Berkshires.
Currently the Berkshires have the highest rate of job loss in Massachusetts. Bump says this can be changed with the right policies in place. She says she will be meeting with the Governor once a week to work on bringing skilled workers and higher paying jobs into the area.
Bump says a key part to local job growth and development will be finding a way to keep the younger workers in the Berkshires.
* Who is hiring in Berkshire County?
The Big 10″
Companies with the greatest number of employees in Berkshire County:
1. Berkshire Health Systems
2. Williams College
3. Pittsfield Public Schools
4. General Dynamics
5. Jiminy Peak
6. Crane & Co.
7. Northern Berkshire Healthcare
8. Berkshire County Arc
9. Brien Center
10. Canyon Ranch
Sources: Berkshire Chamber of Commerce and company statements
#29 Feb 13, 2014
* Taxes are very high with a weak tax base
* Tens of thousands of people have left Pittsfield and Berkshire County over the past several decades
* Pittsfield and Berkshire County is the #1 place in Massachusetts for job loss
* There are more people on welfare assistance than have private sector jobs
* Teen pregnancies and welfare caseloads double the statewide average
* The public school system is overpriced and underperforming
* Tens of millions of dollars were spent on North Street and the dowtown area is still dead and place to avoid especially after hours
* Crime, drugs, violence, gangs are real problems
* The Good Old Boy network runs Pittsfield politics and serves the special interests instead of the common good
* The Good Old Boys consist of multi-generation, inter-related Pittsfield families that derive from two camps: the Del Gallo political machine and the Wojtkowski political machine
* Pittsfield's finances have many millions of dollars in unfunded liabilities or debts that today's Pittsfield politicians are not adequately addressing
* Pittsfield has gone into state receivership before after the Doyle administration debacle and may go the way of insolvency like the Detroit bankruptcy
* The number one employer in Pittsfield is the City of Pittsfield
* Thousands of local residents work for the city government and the public school system
* Many people and entities, such as the labor unions, depend on the system and control the Pittsfield politicians
* After the public payroll patriots, non-profits, such as the Hospital, depend on taxpayer dollars and employ thousands more Pittsfield residents
* The above vested interests make Pittsfield unaffordable to the little guy (the "Kapanski" family) who is not politically connected to get a city, school, or non-profit job
* Pittsfield needs new Pittsfield politicians who will take on the special interests to regain control of city finances
* PCBs left behind by GE have polluted Pittsfield's air, water, and ground
* Thousands upon thousands of Pittsfield residents have suffered through and died of cancer caused by Pittsfield's toxic waste PCBs
* GE left Pittsfield behind for Wall Street
#30 Feb 13, 2014
The Good Old Boys run Pittsfield politics.
If you want a living wage or better job in Pittsfield, you have to be one of the Good Old Boys or kiss their behinds.
#31 Feb 17, 2014
I once wanted a living wage job or better with job security in Pittsfield.
My name is Jonathan Melle. The Good Old Boys hated me. I was blacklisted from getting a job in Pittsfield. I once walked the streets of Pittsfield for over one year of my adult life looking for a job. No one would offer me employment in Pittsfield. no Thank you, Pittsfield!
I can't always get what I want. Pittsfield politics forever!
I am very happy that I don't live in Pittsfield anymore.
#32 Feb 18, 2014
Florida is a nice place to live this time of year. Jimmy Ruberto isn't in Florida, Massachusetts.
#33 Feb 19, 2014
Barrett doesn't need a job. He has a pension that far excedes the money the average Joe makes for working all week.
#34 Feb 19, 2014
true about the pension, but he is still crying to everyone about losing a job.
#35 Feb 20, 2014
How many people left Pittsfield during the Ruberto regime?
About a couple of thousand.
How many jobs were lost during the Ruberto regime?
Hundreds of jobs were lost.
But the silver lining was John Barrett III "reforming" Pittsfield politics along side of Jimmy Ruberto.
#36 Feb 21, 2014
jeepers, peepers, the bErZerKsHiRes are full of creepers!
#37 Feb 23, 2014
What is Jimmy Ruberto's record on jobs in Pittsfield?
Many job losses during the 8 years of the Ruberto regime.
But what about Jimmy Ruberto's rolodex?
It spun backwards.
Jimmy Ruberto employed his cronies, like Johnny Barrett III, in Pittsfield politics.
#38 Feb 27, 2014
Jimmy Ruberto is in sunny Florida. Not Florida, Massachusetts!
John Barrett III is in North Adams. Near Florida, Massachusetts.
Pittsfield politics will go on long after the retirements of Jimmy and Johnny.
#39 Mar 3, 2014
I heard Jack Welch is going to swim in Silver Lake, eat 3 Teo's hot dogs, and work in a PEDA building.
#41 Mar 17, 2014
Would Jack Welch drink Pittsfield tap water?
Add your comments below
|Donald Trump keeps rising in the polls (Aug '15)||1 hr||Shakes My Weiner||39|
|Donald Trump: The next President of the United ... (Aug '15)||3 hr||Dio||34|
|Jonathan Melle is crying||3 hr||Shakes His Weiner||1|
|Smitty PIGnatelli (Apr '11)||3 hr||Shakes His Weiner||297|
|Pittsfield politics forever (Jul '12)||Mon||Butch||720|
|New End of Session Review: Tricia Farley-Bouvie...||Mon||DCF DSS CPS are M...||7|
Find what you want!
Search Pittsfield Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC