City man charged with rape

City man charged with rape

There are 47 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Sep 5, 2008, titled City man charged with rape. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

A city man accused of forcibly raping a 16-year-old girl and intimidating her and her boyfriend is on trial in Berkshire Superior Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ryan

Northville, NY

#3 Sep 5, 2008
hey check it oyt the berkshire eagle is giving you guys something else to talk about..... get a life
fleepitts

New York, NY

#4 Sep 5, 2008
I don't condone what happened and I sure hope that this girl has broken up with her bf after this incident and is becoming a mature adult. But where are this girls parents? I would not allow my 16yr old to be at a party drinking with guys 10 yrs older. Hanging out with a crowd like that clearly is asking for trouble.

“If You Stand For Nothing You' ”

Since: May 08

Pittsfield

#5 Sep 5, 2008
why do all you people assume hes guilty before its found? you dont know either of these people to judge!
OH MY GOD

Berne, NY

#6 Sep 5, 2008
Guilty until proven innocent.

Since: Feb 08

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Sep 5, 2008
He will have all the rights he can afford.
Duh

AOL

#8 Sep 5, 2008
Rape is a crime of violence. What makes men do this despicable crime. Men who rape must have psychological problems so deep that I cannot comprehend.

Since: May 08

Hinsdale, MA

#9 Sep 5, 2008
ryan wrote:
hey check it oyt the berkshire eagle is giving you guys something else to talk about..... get a life
Obviously you need the life since you read the article and commented!
twobefrank

Albany, NY

#10 Sep 5, 2008
Even if they send this S.C.U.M,B.A.G. Away for life. Two more repace him everyday from N.Y.C.... How can we stop them legally??|These turds are filling up Pittsfield to the brim..
AngelaMR

Huntington, MA

#11 Sep 5, 2008
Who are you people? What's this crap about NYC? Cory Kastner has long lived in Pittsfield, since his grammer school days, and I would know being born and raised here and occasionally attending the same school as him, and I'm not suprised by the charge. And any kind of condescending attitude about how this 16 year old girl shouldn't have been at the party to begin with is insensitive and ignorant. Either you don't remember what it was like to be a kid (sometimes doing things you shouldnt and things your parents wouldn't approve of), or you have kids and can't imagine "allowing" them out to spend time with friends without a chaperone. Get real.
Beeb

Syracuse, NY

#12 Sep 5, 2008
Corey is from pittsfield. sounds like a intoxiated and drugged up 16 year old girl, pursuading older guy, and jealous boyfriend to me. i'll need solid prove for this one.
Pittsfield girl

AOL

#13 Sep 5, 2008
Great comment, I agree!!
AngelaMR wrote:
Who are you people? What's this crap about NYC? Cory Kastner has long lived in Pittsfield, since his grammer school days, and I would know being born and raised here and occasionally attending the same school as him, and I'm not suprised by the charge. And any kind of condescending attitude about how this 16 year old girl shouldn't have been at the party to begin with is insensitive and ignorant. Either you don't remember what it was like to be a kid (sometimes doing things you shouldnt and things your parents wouldn't approve of), or you have kids and can't imagine "allowing" them out to spend time with friends without a chaperone. Get real.
yamon

Alton, NH

#14 Sep 5, 2008
Beeb wrote:
Corey is from pittsfield. sounds like a intoxiated and drugged up 16 year old girl, pursuading older guy, and jealous boyfriend to me. i'll need solid prove for this one.
What is prove??
pathetic

Springfield, MA

#15 Sep 5, 2008
the people in the Eagles "sensationalism department" were on their toes with this one. For whatever reason they decided to add to the girls torment by pointing out that the rape was "anal". Of course they cover themselves by not printing her name but they know as well as anyone that half the people in the city will hear it through gossip.

what a sicko editor
wow

Berne, NY

#16 Sep 5, 2008
beeb wrote
Corey is from pittsfield. sounds like a intoxiated and drugged up 16 year old girl, pursuading older guy, and jealous boyfriend to me. i'll need solid prove for this one.

There is no solid proof hopefully Corey is released and the girl is prosecuted for false accusations. That would help other women whom are truly raped and at the same time help men who are falsely accused.
Do Not Need No Education

Easthampton, MA

#17 Sep 5, 2008
I think I have this video.
Eric

AOL

#18 Sep 6, 2008
The girl never sought medical treatment so there's no physical evidence. The witness is a convicted felon. How can there not be reasonable doubt?
pittsfield

Queensbury, NY

#19 Sep 6, 2008
for the people who know all about this will see when his charges are dropped.. The girl and boy are lying.. they got upset when they couldnt get what they wanted . and the girl needs to be arrested for lying.. to many young girls cry raped when it isent rape.. when you have sex with a man that you chose to do for something...... and when you dont like what you get you cry rape.. this is sick.. i feel really bad for this man.. this girl has been around to many times and it was just a matter of time before she did this.. she got caught by her man and had to cry rape..

“If You Stand For Nothing You' ”

Since: May 08

Pittsfield

#20 Sep 6, 2008
pittsfield wrote:
for the people who know all about this will see when his charges are dropped.. The girl and boy are lying.. they got upset when they couldnt get what they wanted . and the girl needs to be arrested for lying.. to many young girls cry raped when it isent rape.. when you have sex with a man that you chose to do for something...... and when you dont like what you get you cry rape.. this is sick.. i feel really bad for this man.. this girl has been around to many times and it was just a matter of time before she did this.. she got caught by her man and had to cry rape..
ypu its sick...they say 16 is consentual but their mind frame isnt capable...hes already served a year because f thid...do you think he gets that back?
Eric

AOL

#21 Sep 6, 2008
pittsfield wrote:
for the people who know all about this will see when his charges are dropped.. The girl and boy are lying.. they got upset when they couldnt get what they wanted . and the girl needs to be arrested for lying.. to many young girls cry raped when it isent rape.. when you have sex with a man that you chose to do for something...... and when you dont like what you get you cry rape.. this is sick.. i feel really bad for this man.. this girl has been around to many times and it was just a matter of time before she did this.. she got caught by her man and had to cry rape..
I don't know these people. But unless the authorities have the alleged perpetrator's DNA, you have no evidence of sex, much less a crime. Therefore it is strictly he said, she said. If a jury actually does convict in those circumstances, a judge who doesn't throw it out is making a political, not a legal judgement.
Eric

AOL

#25 Sep 6, 2008
Mark wrote:
When was the last time you raped a girl retard because thats what it sounds like. You make a retarded point that is not correct at all. A doctor can tell if a female or male was raped without DNA. Read a book.<quoted text>
OK, but the fact somebody was raped does not prove anybody in particular did it. Making it merely he said, she said. And in this case, you don't even have that. She never even sought medical attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Want To Move To Texas. 3 min Tom Fontaine 1
I Can Whip Any 14 Year Old Girl In Berkshire Co... 6 min Tom Fontaine 1
I Can Whip Any Cop In Berkshire County. 7 min Tom Fontaine 1
News Pittsfield third medical marijuana site wins pe... 9 min cops are degener... 1
Never Marry A 14 Year Old. 9 min Tom Fontaine 3
News New Panel Discussion, Film Screening Sheds Ligh... 31 min cops are degener... 4
New hires 1 hr so what 6

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages