The Worst Trolls On The Internet Are ...

The Worst Trolls On The Internet Are The Government Trolls

Posted in the Pittsfield Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Smurf

Fairfax, VA

#1 Jul 17, 2014
We have all run into them. All over the Internet, there are horrible trolls that seem to delight in making life miserable for other people. But the worst trolls of all are the government trolls. And thanks to Edward Snowden, we now have some startling new evidence of what really goes on behind the scenes.

According to newly revealed documents, British spy agency GCHQ is manipulating online discussions, infiltrating the computers of specific targets, purposely destroying reputations, altering the results of online polls, and using Twitter, Facebook and YouTube for propaganda and espionage purposes. If people don’t start getting outraged about this now, the governments of the western world are going to see it as a green light to do even more. Eventually, it might get so bad that we won’t be able to trust much of anything that we see on the Internet.

There is a lot about the Internet that is really awful, but one great thing about it is the fact that it has allowed average individuals to communicate on a mass scale unlike ever before. As the general population has become aware of how powerful of a tool the Internet can be, the elite have become extremely alarmed. Unlike so many other things in our society, it has not been something that they have been able to easily control.

But the elite have been starting to catch up to all of this new technology and are learning how to use it for their own purposes. Thanks to Snowden, we now have a list of specific tools that GCHQ has been using to manipulate the Internet. The following is a short excerpt from a recent ZDNet article about these new revelations…

*****
Smurf

Fairfax, VA

#2 Jul 17, 2014
A number of interesting tools and their short descriptions are below:

ASTRAL PROJECTION: Remote GSM secure covert Internet proxy using TOR hidden service
POISON ARROW: Safe malware download capability
AIRWOLF: YouTube profile, comment and video collection
BIRDSTRIKE: Twitter monitoring and profile collection
GLASSBACK: Technique of getting a target’s IP address by pretending to be a spammer and ringing them. Target does not need to answer.
MINIATURE HERO: Active skype capability. Provision of realtime call records (SkypeOut and SkypetoSkype) and bidirectional instant messaging. Also, contact lists.
PHOTON TORPEDO: A technique to actively grab the IP address of MSN messenger user
SPRING-BISHOP: Finding private photos of targets on Facebook
BOMB BAY: The capacity to increase website hits, rankings
BURLESQUE: The capacity to send spoofed SMS messages
GESTATOR: Amplification of a given message, normally video, on popular multimedia websites (YouTube)
SCRAPHEAP CHALLENGE: Perfect spoofing of emails from Blackberry targets
SUNBLOCK: Ability to deny functionality to send/receive email or view material online
SWAMP DONKEY: A tool that will silently locate all predefined types of file and encrypt them on a targets machine
UNDERPASS: Change outcome of online polls (previously known as NUBILO).
WARPATH: Mass delivery of SMS messages to support an Information Operations campaign.
HUSK: Secure one-on-one web-based dead-drop messaging platform.
Smurf

Fairfax, VA

#3 Jul 17, 2014
The list, dated from 2012, says that most of the tools are “fully operational, tested and reliable,” and adds:“Don’t treat this like a catalogue. If you don’t see it here, it doesn’t mean we can’t build it.”

*****

If we are going to have a free and open society, then we simply cannot have the governments of the western world running around systematically manipulating the Internet for their own purposes.

And of course it is not just the British that are doing this kind of thing.

Just recently, for example, the U.S. was caught manipulating discourse on Reddit and editing Wikipedia.

The rest of the world is watching all of this and they are absolutely disgusted with us. The more that we act like Nazis, the more they are going to regard us as such.

At this point, even our closest friends are loudly denouncing us. Germanyjust caught one U.S. spy, and a German newspaper claims that there are “dozens” of other CIA-recruited spies working in German ministries.

And the Germans have become so paranoid about the NSA spying on them that the German government is actually considering going back to using typewriters…
Smurf

Fairfax, VA

#4 Jul 17, 2014
Germany may go old school to guard against spying.

The German government will continue to use encrypted e-mails and phones, but it could also expand its use of typewriters, said Patrick Sensburg, the head of the German parliament’s investigation into U.S. spying, in an interview with German TV station ARD Monday, Reuters reports.

The Germans are even considering using non-electronic typewriters, Sensburg said.

Why we would spy on our closest friends is something that I will never understand. And if we keep this up, soon we will not have any friends left at all.

Fortunately, an increasing number of Americans are becoming fed up with the growing tyranny all around us. I love how John W. Whitehead expressed his frustrations in his recent article about the emerging police state in America…

I don’t like being subjected to scans, searches, pat-downs and other indignities by the TSA. I don’t like VIPR raids on so-called “soft” targets like shopping malls and bus depots by black-clad, Darth Vader look-alikes. I don’t like fusion centers, which represent the combined surveillance efforts of federal, state and local law enforcement.

I don’t like laws that criminalize Americans for otherwise lawful activities such as holding religious studies at home, growing vegetables in their yard, and collecting rainwater. I don’t like the NDAA, which allows the president and the military to arrest and detain American citizens indefinitely. I don’t like the Patriot Act, which opened the door to all manner of government abuses and intrusions on our privacy.

I don’t like the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which has become America’s standing army. I don’t like military weapons such as armored vehicles, sound cannons and the like being used against the American citizens. I don’t like government agencies such as the DHS, Post Office, Social Security Administration and Wildlife stocking up on hollow-point bullets. And I definitely don’t like the implications of detention centers being built that could house American citizens.

The people of the western world need to stand up and say enough is enough.

Are we going to stay silent as the integrity of the Internet is destroyed?

Are we going to stay silent while the Internet is transformed into a government propaganda tool?

Are we going to stay silent while the liberties and freedoms that we have left are systematically shredded?

If you do not like the direction that all of this is going, now is the time to let your voice be heard.
Smurf

Fairfax, VA

#5 Jul 17, 2014
Maineuh • 16 hours ago

How lowly do you have to be to take on the task of trolling for a few dirty bucks from the elite? On YouTube, they seem to be everywhere. Fortunately, most people have become fairly adept at identifying and shunning those weasels.

1

Reply

Share ›

Avatar
steveo77 • 15 hours ago

Case in point, a "low quality troll" shows up at anti-nuclear power site ENENEWS, claims to be a nuclear specialist, spouts drivel, and then admits he doesnt have access to a computer...is just typing on his phone. I see, nuke specialist without access to a computer....and evidence of 3 other gov trolls.

http://nukeprofessional.bl ogsp...


Reply

Share ›

Avatar
Herman Nelson • 14 hours ago

I enjoy trolls.. Especially communist er- democratic trolls. They're a blast to beat their heads and fuck their little minds up with truth.

4

Reply

Share ›

Avatar
Rick E.• 14 hours ago

Speaking of trolls, does anybody know what happened to that troll Thomas Parker? I can't find any trace of his posts or when he was arguing with me.
I too enjoy bantering with those trolls, it can be good entertainment!

2

Reply

Share ›

Avatar
Justin OB Rick E.• 8 hours ago

hes probably trolling a playground somewhere for a victim

Reply

Share ›
Avatar
Joseph Lizak Rick E.• 2 hours ago

I get a kick out of that idiot troll Bob Anderson who writes "stand by for my next post" then he writes absolutely nothing.

Reply

Share ›

Avatar
NS • 11 hours ago

The worst trolls are the pro-Isntreal ones.

3

Reply

Share ›

Avatar
Shami-Amourae NS • 9 hours ago

Totally agree. They are the most brainwashed people on the planet, and they infect this community even.

Reply

Share ›

Avatar
Joseph Lizak • 2 hours ago

I hear Israel pay's hundreds of students to troll the internet, jumping on blogs and comments trying to sway opinion over to the jewish side in the Gaza Hamas conflict. It's so obvious when every single comment is lame and completely pro Israel.


Reply

Share ›
Smurf

Fairfax, VA

#6 Jul 17, 2014
Flappy Birds

Mooresville, NC

#7 Jul 17, 2014
Would it not be easier to just type "I'm nuts!"
are you kidding

Pittsfield, MA

#8 Jul 19, 2014
The sky is falling. The sky is falling.
See

Chesapeake, OH

#9 Jul 20, 2014
Flappy Birds wrote:
Would it not be easier to just type "I'm nuts!"
Speak of the devil.
Allen at work here.
See

Chesapeake, OH

#10 Jul 20, 2014
are you kidding wrote:
The sky is falling. The sky is falling.
.....and again. Allen.
Maxwell

Brattleboro, VT

#11 Jul 21, 2014
Smurf wrote:
We have all run into them. All over the Internet, there are horrible trolls that seem to delight in making life miserable for other people. But the worst trolls of all are the government trolls. And thanks to Edward Snowden, we now have some startling new evidence of what really goes on behind the scenes.
According to newly revealed documents, British spy agency GCHQ is manipulating online discussions, infiltrating the computers of specific targets, purposely destroying reputations, altering the results of online polls, and using Twitter, Facebook and YouTube for propaganda and espionage purposes. If people don’t start getting outraged about this now, the governments of the western world are going to see it as a green light to do even more. Eventually, it might get so bad that we won’t be able to trust much of anything that we see on the Internet.
There is a lot about the Internet that is really awful, but one great thing about it is the fact that it has allowed average individuals to communicate on a mass scale unlike ever before. As the general population has become aware of how powerful of a tool the Internet can be, the elite have become extremely alarmed. Unlike so many other things in our society, it has not been something that they have been able to easily control.
But the elite have been starting to catch up to all of this new technology and are learning how to use it for their own purposes. Thanks to Snowden, we now have a list of specific tools that GCHQ has been using to manipulate the Internet. The following is a short excerpt from a recent ZDNet article about these new revelations…
*****
I'm not so certain that they are alarmed by it all. It seems to me that those who wish to control have always been around, lurking in the shadows, manipulating from behind the curtain. They rely on personal think tanks in order to make determinations about particular things in the future. The idea that they could not envision this situation that we have before us now with regards to the free flow of information does not make sense to me. Take Alex Jones for example. He reaches a lot of people with his information and while I wouldn't venture to assume that it's all accurate, nonetheless, he stirs to pot of dissent with his voice. He may claim that his website comes under stack and periodically goes down for a short period of time, but can't you agree that if they really wanted him out of business they would think tank him away? Seems to me that the powers that be like chaos. I think they liken it to a hurricane, and if they just get in the eye, they'll be safe. In true psychotic style, they are brazen and have a healthy sense of adventure and excitement. I think they're o.k. with the internet the way it is. They understand that a corrupt system of governance have a finite life span and as such, they are content to control it as they do from behind the scenes. And when one corrupt system fails, they will do it all over again. These things run in cycles, and they don't mind, as they are always at the helm, and their fellow man is always ready and willing to believe the lies in exchange for a false promise of a better tomorrow.
Maxwell

Brattleboro, VT

#12 Jul 21, 2014
Smurf wrote:
We have all run into them. All over the Internet, there are horrible trolls that seem to delight in making life miserable for other people. But the worst trolls of all are the government trolls. And thanks to Edward Snowden, we now have some startling new evidence of what really goes on behind the scenes.
According to newly revealed documents, British spy agency GCHQ is manipulating online discussions, infiltrating the computers of specific targets, purposely destroying reputations, altering the results of online polls, and using Twitter, Facebook and YouTube for propaganda and espionage purposes. If people don’t start getting outraged about this now, the governments of the western world are going to see it as a green light to do even more. Eventually, it might get so bad that we won’t be able to trust much of anything that we see on the Internet.
There is a lot about the Internet that is really awful, but one great thing about it is the fact that it has allowed average individuals to communicate on a mass scale unlike ever before. As the general population has become aware of how powerful of a tool the Internet can be, the elite have become extremely alarmed. Unlike so many other things in our society, it has not been something that they have been able to easily control.
But the elite have been starting to catch up to all of this new technology and are learning how to use it for their own purposes. Thanks to Snowden, we now have a list of specific tools that GCHQ has been using to manipulate the Internet. The following is a short excerpt from a recent ZDNet article about these new revelations…
*****
I would suspect as well that they might welcome the idea of the masses getting angry. The possibility exists, however unlikely, that the masses might collectively get angry and act out. They have a plan for this as well. Humans Beings are at their least effective in terms of problem solving when they are angry. Any time I've ever been angry, it never helped me. The solution is to draw awareness of how they truly operate. Problem reaction and solution is their M.O. They like to steer things around by manipulating the masses. In my opinion they would fall down and go boom if the masses would just not prop them up. The people need to step aside and let them fall down and go boom.

Their control mechanism is from the top to the bottom. The pyramid is their symbol for the hierarchal nature in which they thrive. They have managed to get a few at the bottom of the pyramid to control all the others at the bottom of the pyramid. Police vs. People. The police serve as an insulation of sorts for them and it works because the people are scared of the police. They rule by fear. The people need to engage in peaceful disobedience and remove the falsely assumed authority that the police have exercise over the people. The people are in lock down by their own neighbors, so to speak. Those at the top couldn't have planned it any better.
are you kidding

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Jul 22, 2014
Smurf
Not everyone that finds you a paranoid nut is named allen.
Maxwell

Brattleboro, VT

#14 Jul 22, 2014
are you kidding wrote:
Smurf
Not everyone that finds you a paranoid nut is named allen.
Why is Smurf a paranoid nut? What you're engaging in is called character assassination, ad hominem. It says more about you when you attempt to discredit everything someone says with one simple word, paranoid. Isn't it a shallow and cowardly thing to do? Where's the wisdom? Smurf brings a lot of relevant information to the table and has clearly put in an effort. In essence, I agree with Smurf. I said it in a different way, or rather, the presentation was different. I disagree with Smurf that the answer has anything to do with anger. But isn't Smurf right? Doesn't the "government" have their spy fly mechanisms? Is acknowledging this equated with paranoia? Paranoia means that someone has a belief absent of any reason. Smurf is reasonable and is articulate. Disagreeing with him does not make him paranoid. It makes you paranoid because your conclusion about him is unreasonable. I'm not attacking you, I'm just stating the facts as I see them.
Maxwell

Brattleboro, VT

#15 Jul 22, 2014
are you kidding wrote:
Smurf
Not everyone that finds you a paranoid nut is named allen.
As a matter of fact, when Smurf draws awareness to trolls, he's talking about those who attempt to assassinate the character of another. You are presenting as a troll and the reason why is simple. You offer no explanation or reason for your claim that he's paranoid. You drop the word paranoid like a bomb out of the clear blue sky. It's a dud.
Praxis33

United States

#16 Jul 22, 2014
Maxwell wrote:
<quoted text>As a matter of fact, when Smurf draws awareness to trolls, he's talking about those who attempt to assassinate the character of another. You are presenting as a troll and the reason why is simple. You offer no explanation or reason for your claim that he's paranoid. You drop the word paranoid like a bomb out of the clear blue sky. It's a dud.
Is smurf or troll your pet name for your mother? You are drawing awareness to the smurf's skank so that must be some code word. What is your code name your mom’s back door? Also what is your code name for bending your mother over the living room couch? Inquiring minds want to know.
are you kidding

Pittsfield, MA

#17 Jul 22, 2014
He went after me. Last I was aware there is a thing called freedom of speech. I am entitled to my opinion. Heads up my name is not allen. My first comment was the sky is falling. I don't find conspiracies n everything.
Maxwell

Brattleboro, VT

#18 Jul 22, 2014
are you kidding wrote:
He went after me. Last I was aware there is a thing called freedom of speech. I am entitled to my opinion. Heads up my name is not allen. My first comment was the sky is falling. I don't find conspiracies n everything.
You are entitled to "freedom of speech". Some call insulting others freedom of speech. The supreme court says that corporations are persons, and persons have the right to free speech, and that free speech can be in the form of monetary contributions to the persons favorite political candidate. Are you a person too? If so, that would explain why you don't have a conscience.
are you kidding

Pittsfield, MA

#19 Jul 22, 2014
So Maxwell you object to the word paranoid? I will retract the paranoid part and stick with plain old nuts. Thanks for the clarification.
are you kidding

Pittsfield, MA

#20 Jul 22, 2014
Why Maxwell you are becoming everthing you are accusing me of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knives out for Pelosi? 34 min Donald Trump 6
America Becoming Great Again 36 min Donald Trump 3
News Car salesman charged with groping woman during ... 23 hr Junior Samples 6
Eagle today is sadly pathetic Sat blueballs 2
News Police union's lawyers push back against Pittsf... Fri Cops are Liars an... 3
Baberuth Baseball Jun 22 Ucanthavitbothwayz 124
Ok you know and so Jun 22 Trumpence Done 1

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages