District Attorney David Capeless

Posted in the Pittsfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Capeless is incompetent

Hackensack, NJ

#1 Feb 7, 2012
This man is responsible for the murder of 3 innocent men. He did NOT try to protect Glasser in any way. Even threaten him with cocaine charges if he did not testify.

Covered over the terror reign of Adam Lee Hall. Unbelievable what he swept under the rug on this guy.

Irresponsible behavior in the Cliff/Meridith Nilan case.

How much will corruption will Pittsfield take before something is done?
3 Dead Men

Jersey City, NJ

#2 Feb 7, 2012
This up coming triple murder trial is going to be interesting.

I'd bet that the other two dirt bags will get stiff sentences but Adam Hall may get a light sentence because of what he knows about Capeless and the Hell's Angels.
3 Dead Men

Jersey City, NJ

#4 Feb 7, 2012
Take a close look at this photo in full size.

You tell me this guy is not an alcoholic. He definitely drinks too much. How does he sleep at night?
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Springfield, VA

#6 Feb 7, 2012
To Whom It May Concern: Please be aware that a troll masquerading as me and using my name has created this thread and posted the above photograph of DA David Capeless to this thread. This thread is not my creation.
3 Dead Men

Jersey City, NJ

#8 Feb 7, 2012
continued:

In an example of the latter, witnesses told police that, in 2007, Hall coerced three women into engaging in sexual acts with his acquaintances for money, which Hall would keep most of, according to an affidavit filed in Central Berkshire District Court.

In an example of the latter, witnesses told police that, in 2007, Hall coerced three women into engaging in sexual acts with his acquaintances for money, which Hall would keep most of, according to an affidavit filed in Central Berkshire District Court.

The document details how, when the women told Hall they wanted to quit, Hall responded: "You work for me now; there's no way out." According to witnesses, "The girls never looked happy about having to have the sex, but did it out of fear of physical harm from Hall if they refused."

Since Capeless took over as Berkshire District Attorney in 2004, after DA Gerard Downing died in December 2003, the office hasn't successfully won a guilty finding in a single violent case against Hall.

The lone felony conviction against him in Berkshire County came under Downing in 1997, when Hall was found guilty of two counts of assault and battery and served a year in the Berkshire County Jail & House of Correction.

Asked about the dropped cases, police and court employees interviewed by The Eagle said Hall's name and violent reputation have been established in law-enforcement circles for years. The police source who said Hall long has been known for intimidating witnesses spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Court records in some cases, meanwhile, show that prosecutors had a difficult time getting witnesses to follow through with testimony in court.

In the case of the stabbing victim, a note on the docket says police "lost contact with witness." Likewise, a note attached to the 2006 case where Hall allegedly assaulted the pedestrian, a docket note says simply: "Witness failed to cooperate."

More explicitly, in a case never pursued by prosecutors, a man who said Hall had beaten and robbed him in 2009 told a grand jury in Berkshire Superior Court that he was reluctant to report the crime to police "out of fear of being killed by Hall and/or his associates," according to police records.
3 Dead Men

Jersey City, NJ

#9 Feb 7, 2012
more:

The statement echoes fears that Glasser voiced to police when he first began providing statements to them about Hall's alleged crimes and twice inquired about the availability of a witness protection program.

Family members of the victims in the triple homicide say Capeless -- already dogged by accusations that he didn't do enough to protect Glasser as he was poised to testify -- owes them an explanation as to why earlier charges against Hall weren't pursued.

"Why would people keep seeing a certain person doing the same thing again and again and again let nothing happen?" said Chadwell Farrelly, Robert Chadwell's sister.

Glasser's friends, too, question why, if authorities apparently were aware of Hall's history of intimidating witnesses, they did so little to protect the one man willing to go to court to testify against him.

Despite Capeless' statements that Glasser was temporarily relocated twice at the prosecutor's suggestion, the victim's closest friends, including Donna Randolph, whom Glasser called "Ma," insist nothing was ever done to protect him. Instead, they say, Glasser pleaded with authorities for help, but to no avail.

"There should be something in the files that should prove what they really did," Randolph said. "I would expect there would be receipts for relocating him, but evidently, they have no proof. That doesn't seem to say much about it being the truth, does it?"

Capeless continues to decline The Eagle's requests to provide more details about -- or evidence of -- how his office sought to protect Glasser. Meanwhile, friends and family of the victims say Capeless' refusal to be forthcoming with them throws into question his ability to convict Hall and his alleged accomplices this time around.

"If I were to see [Capeless], my question to him would be:‘What are you scared of? What's holding you back from doing your job?' " Chadwell Farrelly said. "These aren't just fly-by-night things -- these are serious charges. For them to all get dismissed? Something's not right somewhere, and I want to know where it's at."
kelly

Montpelier, VT

#11 Feb 26, 2012
Capeless is useless he makes 150000 a yr n to do what? Thats the problem overpaid n underworked. What about the prescription overdose that was sold to a young man in north adams. That your office still has not did a thing let alone a follow-up on his incompetency from 2008? Why is that the Probation isn't watching him more cautiously while he slithers in and out of state? What about the random drug tests that are order?
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Springfield, VA

#12 Feb 26, 2012
kelly wrote:
Capeless is useless he makes 150000 a yr n to do what? Thats the problem overpaid n underworked. What about the prescription overdose that was sold to a young man in north adams. That your office still has not did a thing let alone a follow-up on his incompetency from 2008? Why is that the Probation isn't watching him more cautiously while he slithers in and out of state? What about the random drug tests that are order?
Kelly, if Berkshire County residents keep electing Democrat Party machine politicians to office, they are going to keep getting the kind of justice that Democrat Party machine politicians mete out.
a grisly triple murder

South Windsor, CT

#14 Feb 26, 2012
3 Dead Men wrote:
more:
The statement echoes fears that Glasser voiced to police when he first began providing statements to them about Hall's alleged crimes and twice inquired about the availability of a witness protection program.
Family members of the victims in the triple homicide say Capeless -- already dogged by accusations that he didn't do enough to protect Glasser as he was poised to testify -- owes them an explanation as to why earlier charges against Hall weren't pursued.
"Why would people keep seeing a certain person doing the same thing again and again and again let nothing happen?" said Chadwell Farrelly, Robert Chadwell's sister.
Glasser's friends, too, question why, if authorities apparently were aware of Hall's history of intimidating witnesses, they did so little to protect the one man willing to go to court to testify against him.
Despite Capeless' statements that Glasser was temporarily relocated twice at the prosecutor's suggestion, the victim's closest friends, including Donna Randolph, whom Glasser called "Ma," insist nothing was ever done to protect him. Instead, they say, Glasser pleaded with authorities for help, but to no avail.
"There should be something in the files that should prove what they really did," Randolph said. "I would expect there would be receipts for relocating him, but evidently, they have no proof. That doesn't seem to say much about it being the truth, does it?"
Capeless continues to decline The Eagle's requests to provide more details about -- or evidence of -- how his office sought to protect Glasser. Meanwhile, friends and family of the victims say Capeless' refusal to be forthcoming with them throws into question his ability to convict Hall and his alleged accomplices this time around.
"If I were to see [Capeless], my question to him would be:‘What are you scared of? What's holding you back from doing your job?' " Chadwell Farrelly said. "These aren't just fly-by-night things -- these are serious charges. For them to all get dismissed? Something's not right somewhere, and I want to know where it's at."
and Adam Lee Hall consider "much too dangerous" and "uncontrollable" by the FBI was free to continue his reign of terror.....
a grisly triple murder

South Windsor, CT

#16 Nov 12, 2012
3 Dead Men wrote:
continued:
The document details how, when the women told Hall they wanted to quit, Hall responded: "You work for me now; there's no way out." According to witnesses, "The girls never looked happy about having to have the sex, but did it out of fear of physical harm from Hall if they refused."
Since Capeless took over as Berkshire District Attorney in 2004, after DA Gerard Downing died in December 2003, the office hasn't successfully won a guilty finding in a single violent case against Hall.
The lone felony conviction against him in Berkshire County came under Downing in 1997, when Hall was found guilty of two counts of assault and battery and served a year in the Berkshire County Jail & House of Correction.
Asked about the dropped cases, police and court employees interviewed by The Eagle said Hall's name and violent reputation have been established in law-enforcement circles for years. The police source who said Hall long has been known for intimidating witnesses spoke on the condition of anonymity.
Court records in some cases, meanwhile, show that prosecutors had a difficult time getting witnesses to follow through with testimony in court.
In the case of the stabbing victim, a note on the docket says police "lost contact with witness." Likewise, a note attached to the 2006 case where Hall allegedly assaulted the pedestrian, a docket note says simply: "Witness failed to cooperate."
More explicitly, in a case never pursued by prosecutors, a man who said Hall had beaten and robbed him in 2009 told a grand jury in Berkshire Superior Court that he was reluctant to report the crime to police "out of fear of being killed by Hall and/or his associates," according to police records.
And as incredible as all this is and I'm certain a lot more that we don't know about Capeless couldn't make a case stick against Adam Lee Hall. Incredible! Incredibly unbelievable!
a grisly triple murder

United States

#17 Jan 13, 2013
3 Dead Men wrote:
continued:
Maybe the reassuring threat of protection by the police and Capeless' assuring ensuring the safety of victims/witnesses was a convincing enough factor to discourage victims and witnesses to cooperate.
halls of injustice

United States

#18 Jan 23, 2013
angels suck

Pittsfield, MA

#19 Jan 23, 2013
i would get on the stand and put those angel out!I hate cops but i hate killers even more,that trio of killers should be hung in public with their familys in the front to watch them die!capeless is a poor excuse for a distict attorney,maybe a 12 yr old could do a better job than he does,Ron Jones killed a young man with his mothers patches that he sold,still he is out smoking his crack with mike aka doink the clown yeah and he still sells mommys patches and pills and no justice still.adam hall and his gay biker buddies should shaq up with ron cause their all killers!!!!!!!!!!
angels suck

Pittsfield, MA

#20 Jan 23, 2013
kelly wrote:
well said!!!!
a grisly triple murder

Hope, ME

#21 Oct 12, 2013
3 Dead Men wrote:
continued:
And who knows how many other crimes the cops failed to show any interest in and what exactly was their relationship with the thug the FBI called "uncontrollable" and "much too dangerous." Who knows how many other victims there are if cops failed to even take a police report.
cops are liars

Hope, ME

#22 Oct 14, 2013
3 Dead Men wrote:
more:
Personally I don't believe the cops or Capeless were ever concerned about Glasser ever making it into court to testify against Hall. Hall got away with a lot of violent shit. And I don't believe it was by accident, or luck.
a rock and a hard place

Pittsfield, MA

#23 Oct 29, 2013
3 Dead Men wrote:
This up coming triple murder trial is going to be interesting.
I'd bet that the other two dirt bags will get stiff sentences but Adam Hall may get a light sentence because of what he knows about Capeless and the Hell's Angels.
It will only be interesting if it ever comes up. And that doesn't look too promising.
a rock and a hard place

Pittsfield, MA

#24 Oct 29, 2013
3 Dead Men wrote:
continued:
And the child porn charges have been dismissed. Another case Capeless couldn't make stick. What a surprise, right?
cops are liars and thugs

Hope, ME

#25 Sep 12, 2014
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Kelly, if Berkshire County residents keep electing Democrat Party machine politicians to office, they are going to keep getting the kind of justice that Democrat Party machine politicians mete out.
Cops lie, and Capeless swears to their lies. Capeless ran unopposed, again. And somehow in Massachusetts that translates into a "winner".
Praxis33

United States

#26 Sep 12, 2014
cops are liars and thugs wrote:
<quoted text>Cops lie, and Capeless swears to their lies. Capeless ran unopposed, again. And somehow in Massachusetts that translates into a "winner".
Since you have such a small pee-pee you might want to stick your nose in your mothers skank and have her tell you lie after lie. You seem to like lies. You should also make sure you lick you way through the crust on your mothers skank first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt is still learning Free Masonry. 8 min Trapper Bangs Dean 13
Looks like Trump’s interfering 30 min Gary 6
Trump wants food boxes instead 37 min Gary 88
Trump has no filter in his remarks 1 hr The Good Fight 1
Should 16 year olds be allowed to vote? 1 hr The Good Fight 1
News 'Real to Reel,' 'Chalice of Salvation' broadcas... 2 hr The Biggest Scam 5
Steven Dean is mopping the floor with Matt on P... 14 hr Flo Hummmm 1

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance