Resignationa s impact uncertain

Resignationa s impact uncertain

There are 24 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jun 11, 2010, titled Resignationa s impact uncertain. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Local economic leaders said Friday they weren't sure what kind of an impact Angelo Stracuzzi's resignation as the president and CEO of the Greylock Federal Credit Union would have on the local business community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Rockville, MD

#1 Jun 12, 2010
The truth begins to trickle out.
FINALLY, The Berkshire Eagle reports facts that it was given at least as early as June 1st and which it might even have had as early as last January, but which nonetheless were originally published on Berkshire Blog on June 3rd, nine days ago.

Note that today's report still does not give specific details of the events that led to Angelo Stracuzzi's being summoned to a Maine district court on criminal charges including 'Patronizing Prostitution of a Minor', nor does Conor Berry's report include the ages of the two boys involved, aged 15 and 13.
Also note there is still no reference by The Eagle to the other Conditions of Probation ordered by the Maine Superior Court judge, e.g. the order for Mr. Stracuzzi to obtain psychological evaluation, and counseling as need.
Did the Berkshire Probation office follow up to verify that the judge's order was followed?
Also note how The Berkshire Eagle is reporting every gory detail of the North Adam's Rabbit-killer story, whereas a former Pittsfield city council president gets convicted in Maine in incidents involving underaged boys and The Berkshire Eagle gives it a total whitewash with reported details only hazy and vague.
Nothing about the specific events leading up to how a local credit union CEO could get involved with a 15 and 13 year-old in Biddeford, nor how Mr. Stracuzzi came to get caught in his criminal misbehavior.
What was Mr. Stracuzzi doing in Maine; why was he even there?
Did he travel across state lines with the intent to do that for which he subsequently was charged by Biddeford Police?
If so, that's a federal crime.
The Berkshire Eagle's obvious failure to provide relevant details in the Stracuzzi conviction compared to the paper's coverage of the rabbit-killer in North Adams shows The Eagle for what it is.
The double-standard is about as glaring as it can get -- even for The Eagle.
If this were an article about a Berkshire County Republican, or some local out-of-favor politico, you just know the headline would have been:
"Local VIP charged in underage sex rap in Maine"!
Hmmmmm

Berne, NY

#5 Jun 12, 2010
From the story:

"I think that any time an active member of the business leadership resigns, obviously it has an effect," said Berkshire Bank President Michael P. Daly. "But I don't know a lot about what's going on.

Of course you don't know much about what's going on if you are only reading the Eagle.
I Hate Skinners

Springfield, MA

#6 Jun 12, 2010
Anjelo needs to go for another "Maine Vacation", 364 days at the "Crowbar Hotel".

P.S. Don't leave him alone with any children.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

United States

#7 Jun 12, 2010
Take your other dirty boys with you DIGUSTING PIG

Since: May 10

Adams, MA

#8 Jun 12, 2010
The court docket numbers
York County Superior Court (Maine)
Criminal Docket No. 05-194
Criminal Docket No. 04-2288
Read it for yourself.
http://www.courtreference.com/York-County-Mai ...
Thanks to Heller for providing the original information
truth

Adams, MA

#9 Jun 12, 2010
"Not certain as to what effect". I'm certain of one thing another **********bag has been exposed. Of course there is no real "investigative" reporter on the eagle. This paper only reports when pushed off the cliff. Thanks Heller! I,m sure by next week the other duck will be gone and quietly Greylock will clean up it's board to save itself. All of 'Big "A's" supporters are talking through the sand they have their heads stuck into.
USA

Middlefield, MA

#13 Jun 12, 2010
truth wrote:
"Not certain as to what effect". I'm certain of one thing another **********bag has been exposed. Of course there is no real "investigative" reporter on the eagle. This paper only reports when pushed off the cliff. Thanks Heller! I,m sure by next week the other duck will be gone and quietly Greylock will clean up it's board to save itself. All of 'Big "A's" supporters are talking through the sand they have their heads stuck into.
He's one guy, he didn't do it by himself, many capaple people there who are just as competent...he's no Warren Buffet...the Credit Union will survive...

Easthampton, MA

#14 Jun 12, 2010
Honestly, the people that are there carried Angelo for years. They're not number one because of Stracuzzi. They got to be number one because they have good people who give a s***. I know a couple of the people who work behind the lines and they could be ceos on their own.
dirty pictures

United States

#18 Jun 12, 2010
truth wrote:
"pushed off what Cliff?"
Tired of Conspirists

South Deerfield, MA

#26 Jun 13, 2010
Well, thankfully you're wrong oh wise and wealthy banker. Greylock was not one man and will continue to survive and thrive with some of the best local management around. I am a long term member and I'm not going to allow folks bent on their destruction to continue knocking these good people. Angelo screwed up. End of story. Lets let GFCU re-orient itself and it will be the better institution. There are some amazingly bitter, jealous and self-engrandizing people on these blogs, many just one person taking on multiple identities. If you have questions about Greylock, call them and stop this mindless speculating.
Book-em Danno wrote:
For the protection of all members/owners of Greylock, in my opinion, a full scale independent evaluation of it's standard operating procedures, internal controls, and risk management should be performed. Additionally, I believe a very close look should be made of the interrelationships between the recently deposed board members and the remaining board members.
We are addressing the life savings and homes that people have worked their entire lives for. I think that one flagrant conflict of interest is between the best interests of the owners/members, and the best interests of those who needed to be sheltered and those covering up for said party.
I make this one final observation: Has anyone really researched the links between all of the individuals in question, and various commissions related to our municipal government???
The practice of appointing "friends" to various board positions who are also entangled with the local municipal government does anything but ensure confidence in competent management.
In my opinion, resignation only from the Greylock Board is completely insufficient, and this was meant to be a palliative to deter any further resignations. And, this once again holds everyone in complete contempt.
I sincerely hope that Greylock does not fold. Unfortunately, at the present time, it is not heading in a positive strategic direction.
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Rockville, MD

#28 Jun 13, 2010
Quit lying wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that Greylock is refusing to discuss this issue at all with anyone.
Why are you pretending that they will answer questions?
It looks like you are one big, fat liar to me.
It's like when one turns over a rock, the lowlifes scurry to avoid the light.
BooK-em Danno

Northville, NY

#30 Jun 13, 2010
Tired of Conspirists wrote:
Well, thankfully you're wrong oh wise and wealthy banker. Greylock was not one man and will continue to survive and thrive with some of the best local management around. I am a long term member and I'm not going to allow folks bent on their destruction to continue knocking these good people. Angelo screwed up. End of story. Lets let GFCU re-orient itself and it will be the better institution. There are some amazingly bitter, jealous and self-engrandizing people on these blogs, many just one person taking on multiple identities. If you have questions about Greylock, call them and stop this mindless speculating.
<quoted text>
You're not even close. Shall we just call the main tel.# and ask whoever answers about the financial condition of Greylock? Something tells me that might not prove fruitful.

I'm sure it's true there are other competent managers at Greylock. However, we are discussing a cover-up at the President & CEO and Board of Directors level.

Further, this is not speculation. This did happen, correct?

My recommendation for a full scale independent review by an oblective third-party, such as an accounting or consulting firm, is to preserve the life savings of Greylock's members (and that includes you...).

In my opinion, the integrity of this organization is in question due to the fact there has been a cover-up at the highest levels of the organization. And, the independence of the firm has been severely compromised by the behavior of some who were supposed to be the organization's leadership.

And, an organization such as this is better-served by a Board of independent professional managers, and not by individuals who just happen to know each other from this committee or that committee in the local municipal government.

Finally, I believe that perhaps there should be a further vetting of the Greylock Board as part of an effort to get back on track.

If one were to delve much deeper into this (and I've done some independent research...) one would be appalled to learn how this entire story (including the article on the front page of The Boston Globe about a month ago...) ties together.
BooK-em Danno

Northville, NY

#31 Jun 13, 2010
Tired of Conspirists wrote:
<quoted text>
The behavior, and subsequent resignation, of the President & CEO is not the "end of story."

Your suggestion to just call Greylock and ask them how they're doing is the quintessential form of "mindless speculating."

Providing constructive suggestions that can help Greylock survive as an ongoing concern is anything but "mindless speculating."
farley

Adams, MA

#32 Jun 13, 2010
Move on people who cares
Book-em Danno

Northville, NY

#33 Jun 13, 2010
farley wrote:
Move on people who cares
Please don't misunderstand...people do care. This is a horrendous situation. The people who do not seem to care are those who have perpetuated a scandal to this degree.

THE INDIVIDUALS WHO ALLOWED THIS SCANDAL TO CONTINUE THROUGH A COVER-UP DON'T CARE.

Please keep in mind: Much of this was initiated by a front page article in The Boston Globe. Also, the Eagle has been on this, too.

It no longer is business as normal. Please understand: Greylock Federal is not a Berkshire Bank, nor a Legacy Bank. These are publicly traded corporations with professional management. We are not hearing about such horrendous scandals from these banks.

What, and why, the President & CEO of Greylock did what he did is his own business. Why that may have been covered up is the business of others.

However, the members/owners of Greylock were not front & center when the President & CEO did whatever he did.

Please: I care. Other people care. But, incompetence needs to be weeded out so this community can move on.

Unfortunately, people in this area do not seem to capture the nuances between professional management and bush leaguers. And, this runs straight to the top.

Please tell The Boston Globe to let it go. Individuals listed as providing inadequate job performance in The Globe article have been appointed to municipal commissions.

This city needs professional competence, and not the "old boy" network, which seems to only be "screwing" everything up at this stage.

Wake up, Pittsfield. Also, follow the "money" from the Globe article to the municipal commissions.
Adam Smith

AOL

#35 Jun 14, 2010
Hard To Believe wrote:
Greylock just has a third party independent audit done and came out with flying colors. Actually, two if I'm not mistaken. Each time, management was lauded. Secondly, Berkshire Bank and Legacy have taken huge loses due to poor management decisions. Stock has been tumbling. Sounds like you work for a bank and are trying to take advantage by kicking a great organization when it's down. Stracuzzi screwed alot of people over, including those who worked for him. Greylock will be stronger than ever when all is said and done. You, my friend, have a huge axe to grind and lack the courage to step up or step out front so you hide behind these blogs....the domain of frauds, cowards and liars. Keep making it up as you go. Eventually, we'll find out who you are and expose you for the lying, corrupt fraud you are. Sounds like someone with a high level of "sour grapes"?
<quoted text>
OK, so like any other dog, Stracuzzi didn't defecate where he sleeps. We get it.
whocares

Northville, NY

#36 Jun 14, 2010
THE INDIVIDUALS WHO ALLOWED THIS SCANDAL TO CONTINUE THROUGH A COVER-UP DON'T CARE.

Please keep in mind: Much of this was initiated by a front page article in The Boston Globe. Also, the Eagle has been on this, too.

It no longer is business as normal. Please understand: Greylock Federal is not a Berkshire Bank, nor a Legacy Bank. These are publicly traded corporations with professional management. We are not hearing about such horrendous scandals from these banks.

----------
Do you seriously think Berkshire and Legacy do not have scandals? I can assure you they do - they just have "professional management" to cover them up. Of this, I know for a fact.
Calypso

Jamaica Plain, MA

#37 Jun 14, 2010
Hard To Believe wrote:
Greylock just has a third party independent audit done and came out with flying colors. Actually, two if I'm not mistaken. Each time, management was lauded. Secondly, Berkshire Bank and Legacy have taken huge loses due to poor management decisions. Stock has been tumbling. Sounds like you work for a bank and are trying to take advantage by kicking a great organization when it's down. Stracuzzi screwed alot of people over, including those who worked for him. Greylock will be stronger than ever when all is said and done. You, my friend, have a huge axe to grind and lack the courage to step up or step out front so you hide behind these blogs....the domain of frauds, cowards and liars. Keep making it up as you go. Eventually, we'll find out who you are and expose you for the lying, corrupt fraud you are. Sounds like someone with a high level of "sour grapes"?
<quoted text>
As an obvious employee of Greylock, you should remember that it is illegal to reveal the results of examinations conducted by regulators. Btw, no examination "lauds management". Regulators strictly report on the state of the credit union and its internal controls.
JoJo

Pittsfield, MA

#38 Jun 14, 2010
Member wrote:
Honestly, the people that are there carried Angelo for years. They're not number one because of Stracuzzi. They got to be number one because they have good people who give a s***. I know a couple of the people who work behind the lines and they could be ceos on their own.
You're absolutely right about everyone carrying Angelo for years.

Now that he's gone Greylock has much more appeal to alot of people.
Nobody I know can stand him and that was before any of this issue came out.
Speaking of coming out.......maybe he should!
Book-em Danno

Northville, NY

#39 Jun 14, 2010
Hard To Believe wrote:
<quoted text>
And, you're accuse me of having a high level of "sour grapes?" Take a look at yourself in the mirror.
Anything I've written is substantiated by fact.
Your method of insulting someone because you don't like or agree with what they've written is actually very lame.
And, I'm not your friend, and I don't appreciate being threatened, either. It is you who is the coward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Berkshire Trans Group aims for support, empower... 6 hr The Worlds Bigges... 15
Military Industrial Complex 6 hr The Worlds Bigges... 1
Hillary's new book released 7 hr The Head of Praxis33 21
News Plan scrapped to bring Iraq, Syria refugees to ... 8 hr The Head of Praxis33 10
News Dorothy van den Honert: Some advice for Hillary... 8 hr The Worlds Bigges... 20
Even Russians Recognize that Marxism is Destroy... (May '09) 9 hr The Worlds Bigges... 8
News New Healey Told Resources Lacking to Combat Opi... 14 hr Ozzie King Of Zyl... 4

Pittsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsfield Mortgages