Jae Chung & Wife Charged With Insurance Fraud

Posted in the Pittsfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Alexandria, VA

#1 May 12, 2011
Scared cows around Pittsfield keep toppling.
heh heh

Albany, NY

#3 May 12, 2011
these people are personal friends of the mayors so i am sure they are innocent of any wrong doing. He does not associate with evil doers....
theuglysister

Pittsfield, MA

#4 May 12, 2011
heh heh wrote:
these people are personal friends of the mayors so i am sure they are innocent of any wrong doing. He does not associate with evil doers....
And if they are then the BE will not print any of it
teen beer blast eatery

Augusta, ME

#5 May 12, 2011
Taxpayer-subsidized teen beer blast eatery. Today's headline is just *ucking funny. Jae Chung and Suzanne Chung of Spice fame have been charged with insurance fraud.
Pittsfield Gazette August 26, 2010
The insanely generous tax breaks were based largely on job creation, yet weren't rescinded when the original Spice and Burger closed and fired all employees. The administration has never publicly updated the status of the tax breaks and the city councilors have passively allowed the tax breaks to remain without review.

"The administration has never publicly updated the status of the tax breaks and the city councilors have passively allowed the tax breaks to remain without review"

Those would be the Pittsfield city councilors.

So, again, does Pittsfield's officially unethical dirty guilty repeat offender mayor Ruberto play with anyone of good character?
flobaeker

Pittsfield, MA

#6 May 12, 2011
aaaah so they tried to keep the place afloat with a little game of insurance fraud. No big deal until you get caught.
Zippy Pinhead

Albany, NY

#7 May 12, 2011
flobaeker wrote:
aaaah so they tried to keep the place afloat with a little game of insurance fraud. No big deal until you get caught.
Affirmative action only gets you so far Flobee Baker. We do not need wannabe fly-by-Sunday-soldiers here anymore.

Alexandria, VA

#8 May 12, 2011
Note that none of the local media has bothered to interview Hizzoner the Mayor for his opinion or to inquire about Jae's tax breaks.
blanket immunity

Albany, NY

#9 May 13, 2011
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
Note that none of the local media has bothered to interview Hizzoner the Mayor for his opinion or to inquire about Jae's tax breaks.
the current local government offers almost NO checks and balances on corruption, fraud or evil doing. and why would they if they are the driving force behind it?
My2sense

North Adams, MA

#10 May 13, 2011
The problem with Pittsfield is they keep giving away tax dollars and breaks to people they characterize as great business people, when a quick google search shows otherwise. First they give Michael Armitage money for EV Worldwide. I did quick search back then (before google even, lol) and the search showed he had shady ties in the underworld and had already duped someone else with the same con. I called my ward councilor and an at large one and pretty much got the same answer. Dont be so negative, if it works out it will bring jobs. Then the Black bears come to town. Amateur Baseball is gonna save the city! Nope.
A quick search again showed the owner of the franchise had a record of staying in an area for 2 years and then moving on. It also showed he had a CHL hockey team in Kansas City that he shut down after it started its season 0-13. Right in the middle of the season just shuts down. The CHL was so mad that it said that Kansas City could never have another franchise. And now Jae Chung and the owners of spice. I am sure he his an excellent Chef and idea guy, but his business ability (at least in this end of the state)hasn't been so good. He ran businesses until they had to be auctioned off. Sounds like a perfect fit for Pittsfield.
holy sheeeeeaaaaaaaaa aaat

Springfield, MA

#11 May 13, 2011
pittsfield is never dull.from jae..to red crosswalks that you cant see at night..........holy sheeeaat! haha

Alexandria, VA

#12 May 13, 2011
My2sense wrote:
The problem with Pittsfield is they keep giving away tax dollars and breaks to people they characterize as great business people, when a quick google search shows otherwise. First they give Michael Armitage money for EV Worldwide. I did quick search back then (before google even, lol) and the search showed he had shady ties in the underworld and had already duped someone else with the same con. I called my ward councilor and an at large one and pretty much got the same answer. Dont be so negative, if it works out it will bring jobs. Then the Black bears come to town. Amateur Baseball is gonna save the city! Nope.
A quick search again showed the owner of the franchise had a record of staying in an area for 2 years and then moving on. It also showed he had a CHL hockey team in Kansas City that he shut down after it started its season 0-13. Right in the middle of the season just shuts down. The CHL was so mad that it said that Kansas City could never have another franchise. And now Jae Chung and the owners of spice. I am sure he his an excellent Chef and idea guy, but his business ability (at least in this end of the state)hasn't been so good. He ran businesses until they had to be auctioned off. Sounds like a perfect fit for Pittsfield.
Excellent observations.
teen beer blast eatery

United States

#14 May 16, 2011
teen beer blast eatery wrote:
Taxpayer-subsidized teen beer blast eatery. Today's headline is just *ucking funny. Jae Chung and Suzanne Chung of Spice fame have been charged with insurance fraud.
The insanely generous tax breaks were based largely on job creation, yet weren't rescinded when the original Spice and Burger closed and fired all employees. The administration has never publicly updated the status of the tax breaks and the city councilors have passively allowed the tax breaks to remain without review.
"The administration has never publicly updated the status of the tax breaks and the city councilors have passively allowed the tax breaks to remain without review"
So, again, does Pittsfield's officially unethical dirty guilty repeat offender mayor Ruberto play with anyone of good character?
and no story about Ruberto's Pittsfield success story taxpayer-subsidized, corporate welfare recipients Joyce Bernstein and Larry Rosenthal would be complete without thanking them for enjoying 11 years of tax-free status in beautiful downtown Pittsfield. One really can't just ignore something like this, owners Joyce Bernstein and Larry Rosenthal have enjoyed the most generous tax giveaways in city history. So let's hear it for Ruberto's good friends.

Alexandria, VA

#15 May 16, 2011
<quoted text>and no story about Ruberto's Pittsfield success story taxpayer-subsidized, corporate welfare recipients Joyce Bernstein and Larry Rosenthal would be complete without thanking them for enjoying 11 years of tax-free status in beautiful downtown Pittsfield. One really can't just ignore something like this, owners Joyce Bernstein and Larry Rosenthal have enjoyed the most generous tax giveaways in city history. So let's hear it for Ruberto's good friends.
And no one, not The Berkshire Eagle's reporters, nor the crusading journalist that was Dan Valenti has thought even for a moment to get Hizzoner James Ruberto's opinion on the Jae Chung indictment.
er what

Albany, NY

#16 May 17, 2011
<quoted text>
And no one, not The Berkshire Eagle's reporters, nor the crusading journalist that was Dan Valenti has thought even for a moment to get Hizzoner James Ruberto's opinion on the Jae Chung indictment.
Perhaps that is because Hizzoner tells Andy what to think n the first place. Doesn't he sign the guys wifes paycheck?
250 th fiesta celebration

Clyde, NY

#17 May 17, 2011
<quoted text>and no story about Ruberto's Pittsfield success story taxpayer-subsidized, corporate welfare recipients Joyce Bernstein and Larry Rosenthal would be complete without thanking them for enjoying 11 years of tax-free status in beautiful downtown Pittsfield. One really can't just ignore something like this, owners Joyce Bernstein and Larry Rosenthal have enjoyed the most generous tax giveaways in city history. So let's hear it for Ruberto's good friends.
Well maybe that dirty baboons ass of a mayor is just waiting for the right time to thank Joyce and Larry for accepting the most generous tax giveaways in city history. Something really special to tie in with the 250th celebration of Pittsfield. I mean, the most generous tax giveaways in the 250 years of city history. That is so *ucking special, I'm sure Ruberto the baboons ass wants full credit for this and he deserves it but he has to share it with the city councilors, those bastards.

Alexandria, VA

#18 May 17, 2011
'3 convicted in Mass. auto insurance fraud scheme'
"SALEM, Mass.(AP)- An Andover lawyer, a North Andover chiropractor and one of his employees have been convicted of participating in a scheme to defraud auto insurers out of $130,000."

How is defrauding an auto insurance company any different than defrauding a property and casualty insurer?

Lenox, MA

#19 May 17, 2011
'3 convicted in Mass. auto insurance fraud scheme'
"SALEM, Mass.(AP)- An Andover lawyer, a North Andover chiropractor and one of his employees have been convicted of participating in a scheme to defraud auto insurers out of $130,000."
How is defrauding an auto insurance company any different than defrauding a property and casualty insurer?
No different than my defrauding customers by overcharging them for gasoline.

Alexandria, VA

#20 May 17, 2011
<quoted text>
No different than my defrauding customers by overcharging them for gasoline.
I'm fine, and thank you for asking!
Chungs going to trial

Easthampton, MA

#21 Oct 2, 2011
in April to be judged by a jury of their peers. Voir dire should prove to be riveting entertainment.
Pittsfielder

Feeding Hills, MA

#22 Oct 4, 2011
Put Joyce Bernstein and Beth Pearson in the public stockades and allow us all to tell them what we think of our tax money going to support their loser enterprises.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why bother having a trial? 2 hr Tom bin Fontaine 6
News Police Seeking Information on Missing Pittsfiel... 3 hr TOM W FONTAINE 3
FEDEX Delivery Ready To Pick Up TOM... 3 hr Ms D 7
Poor Glen Obama's approval is only 42%, And the... 4 hr Glen Back 8
Premiums always go up. Obamacare 6 hr Glen Back 5
Baltimore PD needs to get to work 6 hr Glen Back 5
Obama is Lucifer's son & Hillary is the she devil. 6 hr Glen Back 8
More from around the web

Pittsfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE