Pittsburgh Craigslist
bbbb

Ligonier, PA

#1 Jul 27, 2008
When is the police going to crack down on the pittsburgh craigslist? Most if not all of the tri state areas hookers are using that site looking for johns.
Otto Noit

United States

#2 Jul 27, 2008
And your point is? Anything to draw the tourist buck.
Joschi

Lancaster, PA

#3 Jul 28, 2008
Please, Pittsburgh Police, don't listen to bbbb. Why would anyone want to change the fact that the Internet gets sex workers off the street. Let's face it, prostitution is the oldest profession, and it will continue to be a part of society. Since bordellos have been outlawed, they've had to tough it out in the streets with the looming dangers of Johns, police, and pimps. Although not exactly "safe," the Internet takes some burden off the hands of the prostitute and the customer.

As you may have guessed, I think the practice should be legalized, taxed, and regulated. It's not the job of the city to police morality, rather to maintain a safe, healthy community. I don't see what sex online has to do with that.
duffus

Ligonier, PA

#4 Jul 28, 2008
Joschi wrote:
Please, Pittsburgh Police, don't listen to bbbb. Why would anyone want to change the fact that the Internet gets sex workers off the street. Let's face it, prostitution is the oldest profession, and it will continue to be a part of society. Since bordellos have been outlawed, they've had to tough it out in the streets with the looming dangers of Johns, police, and pimps. Although not exactly "safe," the Internet takes some burden off the hands of the prostitute and the customer.
As you may have guessed, I think the practice should be legalized, taxed, and regulated. It's not the job of the city to police morality, rather to maintain a safe, healthy community. I don't see what sex online has to do with that.
I would bet money your one yourself.
jgpas08

United States

#5 Aug 5, 2008
I think CL is pretty much a joke. 97% of the ads are for girls webcam or they want you to join a site they say police are not allowed to join. I bet they are the cops
Sharon Bowman

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Aug 10, 2008
Craiglist in the pgh area is used mostly by gay men looking to hook up with other men, or just plain prostitution ads. When will the state police and local police do there jobs and start to bust people on this website? It's about time the police do the job the public pays them to do and put an end to these ads on craigslist.
thinking this

Mckees Rocks, PA

#7 Aug 11, 2008
bbbb wrote:
When is the police going to crack down on the pittsburgh craigslist? Most if not all of the tri state areas hookers are using that site looking for johns.
what????/
are you serious?
they are?
how could they be doing that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will This Photo Doom Hillary's Candidacy? 18 hr Wolfe 2
heroin Thu Plugged 21
Hair Ron Jul 20 Koolkatkahn 11
Wanna see this Pittsburgh Grrl get dirty? Jul 20 Dave 3
Why does Pittsburgh suck for single guys? (Aug '09) Jul 20 Dave 95
Robert Mynster and his daughter Shanna Jul 19 A_M_B 3
wdve (Jan '10) Jul 18 Dan 47

Pittsburgh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance