First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Apr 15, 2009
Dear WTAE, OK, you tried your new anchor team of Wendy-step on everybodies lines-Bell and Andrew Stocky. I am requesting that you put Sally Wiggin and Mike Clark back where they belong. I appreciate the professional and trustworthy delivery they have and I don't have to cringe every time Wendy Bell says anything to direct the camera back to her.
Skeptic

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Apr 15, 2009
I can't watch WTAE when she's on. What a diva. And for no reason. She was the star of the last news director they had over there. I wonder if she'll be the star for the new news director?

“The Dirty "O”

Ellwood City, PA

#3 Apr 15, 2009
Wendy Bell is a natural, she makes local news interesting, she makes it look easy, you can tell she loves what she's doing . She could make a lot more money in a bigger market , but see just loves Pittsburgh, we sure do not want a " Katie" what's her name from CBS.

“The Dirty "O”

Ellwood City, PA

#4 Apr 16, 2009
Skeptic wrote:
I can't watch WTAE when she's on. What a diva. And for no reason. She was the star of the last news director they had over there. I wonder if she'll be the star for the new news director?
Comment #1 & #2 - I detect some angry cougars, chill.
youstink

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Apr 20, 2009
WTAE stinks in Washington Pa,,,
TALENT

Ambridge, PA

#6 Jun 1, 2009
Why, Why did you give JOHN BERTON the boot?
I really thought your station was being progressive. I loved it when you had Wendy, Andrew, Dametrius and J.B. That showed deversity in your news room when you could have three Africian American Men on a prime time news show.
Shame, Shame you bring back the same people from other station. Just to apease Majority audience.
Think out of the box. Guy and benz are in the box. Please leave Mike Clark on morning and leave I own 4 Sally wiggins on special asignment.
An Observer

Jackson Center, PA

#7 Jun 1, 2009
youstink wrote:
WTAE stinks in Washington Pa,,,
And what doesn't?
Cant take it

Mckeesport, PA

#8 Jun 12, 2009
WPXI
what is

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Jun 13, 2009
It's the blondie babe in the morning, give her a bar stool to sit on, it's more fitting.
babybutt

Irwin, PA

#10 Jun 13, 2009
4 sucks

“Sub sinks at the Point. ”

Since: Sep 08

Pittsburgh DUH!!

#11 Jun 18, 2009
some dogs work for WTAE,, Im glad I cant receive that channel.. Its like watching a 70's show..
disgusted

Gibsonia, PA

#15 Feb 28, 2011
i always watch wtae news but i am disgusted that they are airing every night what is on ben roethlisbergs wedding registry!!!!! i would like ben to say instead of giving a gift please make a donation to your favorite charity!!!!this is not news worthy and if i have to watch it one more time i will be switching to another news station!
mar

Monroeville, PA

#16 Mar 1, 2011
i only watch channel 4 nws when wendy bell is not on she is to much of a showoff and she always talks over everyone else she is a hog for words. whats up with ben roethlisberg where was he hiding this girl maybe othe girls will be safe with him out the bars.
overkill

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Mar 7, 2011
What about "weather on the 4's"? Not only is it on the 4's, but at the top of every hour and half hour too!! If I wanted that much weather, I'd watch the Weather Channel!! Way too much redundancy and overkill!!
The Critic

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Mar 7, 2011
Talk about redundancy, what about first on 4 or only on 4? If hear that once, I hear it at least 4 or 5 times during the news. Who really gives half a shyt who has it first or only? We'll hear about it sooner or later!!!
wendy sucks

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Mar 7, 2011
I remember about 15 years ago wtae went to this approach called "family sensitive news". they were no longer going to show all the bad video of car crashes, assaults, shootings ,etc.

They ditched that after about 2 weeks. They suck.

It was really funny back when ABC used to do the Monday night football games and Sally Wiggin would always be at on the field at the stadium and she wasn't even a football fan. That was the best thing about espn taking over the monday night game, giving old Sal the boot!
opinion

Gibsonia, PA

#21 Mar 7, 2011
You can lump Sally Wiggin, Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters into one and still not get a decent newscaster.
manager

Pittsburgh, PA

#22 Mar 14, 2011
and.........only on 4!!!!! How about the bureau chiefs in the outlying counties? Chief of what? Of themselves or what? someone has to explain that one to me!!!
wendy sucks

Pittsburgh, PA

#23 Mar 27, 2011
manager wrote:
and.........only on 4!!!!! How about the bureau chiefs in the outlying counties? Chief of what? Of themselves or what? someone has to explain that one to me!!!
lmao!
royal jester

Pittsburgh, PA

#24 Mar 28, 2011
How about again "only on 4"!!! Extended coverage of "Dancing With The Stars". I'm so tired of hearing about this waste of news time!! Who cares who is dancing with who? What a waste of air time.

That's like "former Steeler's doctor" office raided. He hasn't been the Steeler's doctor for three years!! or former police offier arrested. He hasn't been a police officer for ten years!! Anything to sensationalize the broadcast!! Why don't they say former McDonald's clerk or former pizza shop delivery person? A big joke!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Ann R 51,494
WTAE Weekend News - Appreciation Thread (Dec '13) 8 hr Curious by Nature 43
A local's guide to the best eating and drinking... 16 hr Just Saying 2
KDKA-FM, 93.7 The Fan SUCKS! (Apr '10) 16 hr Just Saying 85
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 16 hr Just Saying 3,999
PA White Tailed Deer-Our Friends 22 hr Just Saying 4
AFRICAN AMERICAN UNSUNG Pioneer Sep 16 Sidlbolm 2
•••
•••
•••

Pittsburgh Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pittsburgh People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••