Former Dallastown police chief accused of falsifying records

It began with a brutal murder. David and Lorraine Donivan were killed in late December 2005 in Plattsburgh, N.Y. -- their bodies found in their business, a furniture warehouse. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
PeteB

AOL

#113 Dec 10, 2010
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the son of that "fight mafia lawyer scum" guy?
Sounds like sCaretaker to me...
loulou

York, PA

#114 Dec 13, 2010
PeteB wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like sCaretaker to me...
Making light of the death of Mayor Scott is insulting not only to the family as well as the Community, the mentality of such a person is truly troubling to me. From my side of the street it seems that there are many unresolved feelings in regards to Mr.Donivan's service to Dallastown, but to mention the death of the Mayor Scott that is just CRAZY!!! What is next? Is it Mr. Donivan's fault for the High winds today? Or maybe the high cost of Gas!!!!!
Interesting

York, PA

#116 Jun 7, 2011
It should prove interesting soon when this story is blown wide open. Mr. Donivan kept detailed records, including emails, copies of letters from co workers,copies of meetings, copies of cliams, copies of everything. His files were found by his family after his death and they are not just going to allow this to stop here. He was harrassed by the women in charge, and they treated him like dirt. It is all documented. He was written up for a certain thing, yet everyone else in the room at the time that did the same thing, were not. Those co workers even wrote letters on his behalf to these "supervisors" saying how ridiculous the whole thing was. His PTB, Powers to Be, wanted him gone because he told them point blank that it was wrong tht criminals can get paid, time and time again, for their medical bills, if they are injured during a crime. He even brought to their attention that one such criminal, had a bench warrant out for his arrest, was injured during a crime, and this department wanted his medical bills PAID, and Bill fought it calling it ludacrious....and thus those in charge, a woman and her best friend who have no experience in the justice system and even were quoted as saying you can not trust the police, started a campain to drive him out. ANd when he went to HR and the Union to tell them he was going to the press, those bogus charges were filed. Charges that included Mr. Donivan using a computer to look up criminals' criminal record....they considered that a crime?
This is not over. The files were found and the press now has copies, along with local government. Mr. Donivan was stressed to death, lets see how these people like it now.
cathy guinn

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#117 Nov 21, 2012
I knew Bill very well as a business associate for many years. He died of heart failure in 2011. Before he could go to trial. He told me the whole story about how he was against giving funds to famileis of drug dealers and felons who died as a result of their felonious and hateful crimes. I stood by him in his life and I still stand by him to this very day. He told me that he was the only male in the department and the females who ran the show were really against him. But he never waivered in his convictions that the funds should be given to victims of crimes and not to the families of criminals. For all of you haters of Bill, you are wrong and I can only hope that you see the light of truth.
Bill is a good citizen who worked tirelessly to help others in need. Shame on you haters.
May he rest in peace with his brother and parents.
cathy guinn

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#118 Nov 21, 2012
hopeful wrote:
He has two daughters one is an upstanding citizen the other is a welfare looser who uses her children to hold her family hostage. She's a witch who has nothing better to do besides cause problems in peeples lives for her own enjoyment. Mr. Donivan isn't only trying to do the right thing and was told to ignore the corruption. He is only being harrassed about his decision to blow the wistle.
Bill did not mix his family life with his professional life, so what you are saying about his kids has nothing to do with his decision to always do the right thing when it comes to his job. Your comments are ridiculous and not even pertinent to his role as a citizen. He loves both of his daughters, regardless, and will always stand by them. Just because Angela had some personal problems doesn't mean Bill didn't love her and want to always be there for her. You are so off base in what you think is important. I pray for you.
cathy guinn

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#119 Nov 21, 2012
Just the facts wrote:
First of all I feel the need to clarify something that only took a few minutes of research on the internet to verify. The Victim’s Compensation Program is funded by offender penalty fees, it is not tax payer dollars. Secondly, Mr. Donivan is never employed anywhere for very long and when he does leave, he leaves a scandal in his wake. His “career” of being a state trooper consisted of only a few years about thirty years ago and he did not leave voluntarily. His very brief stint in Dallastown consisted of a botched murder investigation and him filing a lawsuit when that job was over. Then of course there were those years that he touted himself as an “expert” in analyzing homicide scene photographs and testified to defend murderers. He went around claiming to be a private investigator and was cited for not having a license. He was also charged with intimidation of a witness at one point. Let’s not forgot about his time as a mortgage broker when he was investigated by the banking department and is now forbidden to teach. As far as him being a victim of crime, he brings that out when it is convenient for him yet behind closed doors he has been heard laughing about the tears he fakes when he talks about it. What kind of a person does this? Does this sound like a man who would be worried about “protecting” victims? And, let’s not forgot how Mr. Donivan has trouble keeping his hands to himself and his countless affairs. Trust me, there is more to the story than Bill Donivan is telling. The only victims here are the ones who filed compensation claims and Bill Donivan decided to be the judge and jury. It is time for people to break the silence and start exposing Donivan’s lies.
You are so wrong about Bill. I am a mortgage teacher with Bill. He got me the job! He teaches mortgage licensing classes all over the country, and was so busy that he could not handle all of the classes by hiself, so he gave my name to the licensing school so that I could help as a teacher. He was not only teaching, but was the most requested teacher for the training school.....don't know where you are getting your info, but it must be from an unreliable source, because there is not a shred of evidence to back up any of you accusations. I can't imagine how he would have time for numberous affairs as he was traveling 3 weeks out of the month, and when he always called me from wherever he was because we were both teaching the same things. When he was home, he took care of his 7 birds, 3 dogs, and 2 cats and his adoring wife. By the way, we never had an affair or anything close to it. I did stay at his house a couple of times on the way to a class and he and his wife were more than kind. If he were having an affair, I would have known. He was not.
Shame on you for your hateful thoughts. I pray for you.
not fair

Columbia, PA

#120 Nov 29, 2012
Interesting. York County. There is a case # 2011-FC-000338-15. A filing of 29 pages is on record. If any one reads them you can see false statements/records ect. It's self explanitory. I suppose they are going after Mr. Donoivan because he's an official but take a look at the filing and also William Curry and Plain and Facy catering of spring grove pa. Father and son share name. Son is Certified to serve food yet the buisness is not lisenced. Welfare, tax, and insurance fraUD. York county law enforcement was made aware but because they hav nothing to gain from it i would assume is why they let it go. It's not worth it to the county to go after a dead beat an official must be more of a reward. I'm starting to think all the law-enforcementon in that county is F****** corrupt with the court to back it. They pick targets worth hitting
Scott

York, PA

#121 Nov 29, 2012
not fair wrote:
Interesting. York County. There is a case # 2011-FC-000338-15. A filing of 29 pages is on record. If any one reads them you can see false statements/records ect. It's self explanitory. I suppose they are going after Mr. Donoivan because he's an official but take a look at the filing and also William Curry and Plain and Facy catering of spring grove pa. Father and son share name. Son is Certified to serve food yet the buisness is not lisenced. Welfare, tax, and insurance fraUD. York county law enforcement was made aware but because they hav nothing to gain from it i would assume is why they let it go. It's not worth it to the county to go after a dead beat an official must be more of a reward. I'm starting to think all the law-enforcementon in that county is F****** corrupt with the court to back it. They pick targets worth hitting
Let it go. Take a deep breath and just exhale all the negative energy you have bottled up. You will feel do much better.
not fair

Columbia, PA

#122 Nov 29, 2012
were all entitled to our opinions sounds like u are prideful when it comes to exposing the corrupt so called judicial system. See how u feel after you become victim of these injustices and same to you. Don't try to silencce the truth because it won't work. Just as you will comment so will I like it or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do YOU know Douglas Clark? 12 min DOUGLAS CLARK 34
another reason not to vote left 9 hr iTakeBigDumps 1
Ham radio problems (Dec '07) 22 hr Karma 11
doggie heaven and bagpipes (Jan '14) Thu nominated_1 2
Police protesters march from Oakland to South S... Dec 17 bacon hater 37
Cops: Homeowner shot man trying to take downspouts Dec 17 Old Cynic 1
Chipped Ham Pink is Now a Nail Polish Color Dec 17 Rachel 1
Pittsburgh Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pittsburgh People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pittsburgh News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pittsburgh

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:43AM
Cleveland Browns vs. Carolina Panthers: Live Carolina Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 8:49 AM
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Live Pittsburgh Score and Analysis
NBC Sports10:49 AM
Report: Browns to "explore all options" at quarterback
NBC Sports10:55 AM
Chiefs pull off fake field goal, but wind up settling for field goal anyway
NBC Sports10:57 AM
Panthers and Browns locked in a real thriller