The Next Seattle

Full story: Burgh Diaspora

After the Steel City came Roboburgh . A more recent incarnation is Energy Burgh .

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Just Saying wrote:
You're being disingenuous, old man; much of the old heavy industrial heritage of the region, and which city residents loved to claim in the past, was located outside the city limits. The steel industry was based largely in the Mon, Ohio and Allegheny River Valleys, outside of the city. Coke ovens were not located in the city, old fool. Steel was never in the city to be chased out; neither was aluminum, glass, coal, or companies like the old Westinghouse Airbrake... it was in Wilmerding, not Pittsburgh.
So cut the bullish*t, old man, and get real, eh, old fool!
And Allis-chalmers, Steel city electric, J&L, Fisher Scientific, Iron City Brewing, Duquesne Brewing, HJ Heinz, etc, etc. Never in the city? Interesting.
Just Saying

Uniontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

WTF! I come all the way to Clairton, and nobody answers the door! You may consider me to be a bit*h, but you are MY bit*h!
Just Saying

Uniontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Ah, at least the old man stays on topic, and he's fighting Alzheimer's! And on topic, what is your point? Yes, some businesses have left the city; some never were in the city. You've got to learn that economic reporting, and policy decisions are made on a regional basis, and oft times that's a metro area. The city is hampered by PA law that has not permitted it to expand, and even create regional governmental units like most other metro areas. Part of that, of course, is that conservative, Republican businessmen have abandoned the urban centers, leaving those without means to flea with them behind!

Is there perhaps a lesson for you in that, old man? Don't let the door hit ya' in the ass on your way outta town!
Just Saying

Uniontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Whoops! Meant to say the Republicans FLEE urban centers, but when thinking of conservatives, FLEAS just naturally come to mind!

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Just Saying wrote:
Whoops! Meant to say the Republicans FLEE urban centers, but when thinking of conservatives, FLEAS just naturally come to mind!
I think that you and your progressive ilk have very short memories. "Youse" never considered the Northside, the Southside, The Hill, Manchester Woods Run, Troy Hill, East Street Valley, etc., etc. as part of your city anyhow. The city was the "Golden Triangle, according to Davey,and now the North SHore. The rest could go off on their own. Typical Democrats, only time they cared about the neighborhoods was at election time. Not much different now, Section 8 and public housing has destroyed the neighborhoods. The only reason anyone ever hears about things is when the natives shoot each other. Otherwise, we would never know that these places other than the affluent Oakland, Squirrel Hill and Shady side, existed.

You need to walk around on a warm weekend, visit the neighborhoods, feel the flavor, sense the progress. Experience the hopelessness.
Just Saying

Uniontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Ah, but you have not responded to my points, made in response to your own. Instead, you assign attitudes to someone you've never met based upon a perceived allegiance to a political ideology, and a very biased view at best of the party you oppose. Do you really limit your perceptions of others to party membership? Sad, very sad, old man!

When I spoke of Republican behavior, it was that which is well documented in the literature. And do you really believe the GOP cares about the poor and minorities trapped in the Hill, Manchester or Troy Hill? Come on now, old man, the GOP team promotes a tax policy that will serve the wealthy at the expense of the poor and the dwindling middle class; this serves the disenfranchised of the city? And that disenfranchisement is quite literally a goal of Republicans in many states, including PA and Ohio, if you've followed the attempts to lessen voting opportunities in Democratic leaning counties, and increasing them in Republican leaning counties in Ohio, with the direct involvement of their GOP governor. Ultimately, this will come back to bite the GOP in their collective asses.

“no”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Just Saying wrote:
so whats going on With that fight I was reading about

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Just Saying wrote:
Ah, but you have not responded to my points, made in response to your own. Instead, you assign attitudes to someone you've never met based upon a perceived allegiance to a political ideology, and a very biased view at best of the party you oppose. Do you really limit your perceptions of others to party membership? Sad, very sad, old man!
When I spoke of Republican behavior, it was that which is well documented in the literature. And do you really believe the GOP cares about the poor and minorities trapped in the Hill, Manchester or Troy Hill? Come on now, old man, the GOP team promotes a tax policy that will serve the wealthy at the expense of the poor and the dwindling middle class; this serves the disenfranchised of the city? And that disenfranchisement is quite literally a goal of Republicans in many states, including PA and Ohio, if you've followed the attempts to lessen voting opportunities in Democratic leaning counties, and increasing them in Republican leaning counties in Ohio, with the direct involvement of their GOP governor. Ultimately, this will come back to bite the GOP in their collective asses.
Perhaps, but there's no way in hell that you can blame anything in Pittsburgh proper on Republicans. Hasn't been one in any position at the public trough for 80 plus years. All the poor and minorities in Pittsburgh are wards of the Democratic administration of Pittsburgh. The Democrats chased the Republicans out of the City of Pittsburgh in the 1950's. Now they covet the suburbs with it's good schools, a good tax base and all the things that the City Democrats could not deliver. The Democrats got what they wanted, let them live in it now.
No im saying

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Here is the truth about the fight between me and JUST SAYING. My hat is off to him. He showed up. But for him it did not go well after that. He wasnt hurt physically! I guess he decided he was going to be tuff so he showed up and when he realized im 6`3 210lbs and hes a little bi**h compaired to me. Lucky for him that he started crying like a school girl which made me lol because I have been training in MMA for the last 5yrs and would have brachial stun slapped him which would have renered him unconcious. Hey Just Saying sorry I didnt offer you a kleenex but I was busy laughing!

“no”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Just saying, is this true?
An Observation

Uniontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Frokeeshy1 wrote:
Just saying, is this true?
Consider the source, and you will soon realize da' wus lies like a rug.. flat out and expansively!
An Observation

Uniontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

And, I'm Just Saying, that is the full and unadorned truth of the matter!
Just Saying

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

yes its true

“no”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

I respect u for that

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pittsburgh Discussions

Search the Pittsburgh Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hillary is so Poor.. 4 hr Tony is funny 93
Tom Wolf Pushes "Made In Pennsylvania" 4 hr Old Fool trolls on 2
Goats clearing weeds, vines in Pittsburgh park 4 hr Old Fool trolls on 2
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 hr Usedtowearblue 51,106
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 7 hr Obama Wrong on Illegals 3,745
Molchany files resolution in support of Lyft, Uber Tue JessieCups 1
Recent indictment linked to March raid in city (Jul '12) Jul 8 Porkster 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pittsburgh Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pittsburgh People Search