ACLU charges bias in police hiring

Two days after the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police introduced their most diverse recruit class in more than a decade, the Pittsburgh ACLU announced plans to file a class action lawsuit against the Bureau for discriminatory hiring practices. Full Story

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Aug 30, 2012
God forbid that the police department hires the best qualified. The color is more important. Question for the ACLU, if I need a police man, can I request a specific race? Seems to be where they are heading with this.

Let's see - drug deals, blacks only - robbery - Hispanic officers only -- domestic violence, women only -- traffic stops, depends on the neighborhood. Yep, great concept this ACLU has.
Mike Anthony

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Aug 30, 2012
oh here we go ahead with the race card. Guess what, blacks are dumb and not the most qualified. how much longer do whites gotta pay back that little slavery thing!
LOL

Greensburg, PA

#3 Aug 30, 2012
blacks act like they were the only ones that were held as slaves..

newsflash blacks..

there were BLACK slave owners in the us
you were sold by your fellow black man

I'm sorry I rather have a competent officer working for us than some lazy negro who only got hired because of affirmative action
Mike Anthony

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Sep 1, 2012
They need to legalize slavery! Blacks had it good. They had a job, and room and board!!! And they were kept in their place!!!
Just Saying

Uniontown, PA

#5 Sep 1, 2012
Wow, old fool! Do you truly enjoy the company of the lame-brained bigots your diatribes attract?

That's sad, old man, so very, very sad. But it is a generational predilection, and that will be corrected naturally, in the fullness of time... bye, bye, old man!
RomeIsBurning

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Sep 12, 2012
The state of HPD has never been worse. Incompetent persons promoted under Reed are now in command and.........crime is soaring!!

Just ask the chief or mayor: what initiatives are under way to battle the absolute out of control crack cocaine trade.........NOTHING.

Cmon residents.......when are you going to hold the chief and mayor's feet to the fire??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police protesters march from Oakland to South S... 1 hr just saying 35
Cops: Homeowner shot man trying to take downspouts 2 hr Old Cynic 1
Do YOU know Douglas Clark? 3 hr Nu2Burg4um 20
Chipped Ham Pink is Now a Nail Polish Color 8 hr Rachel 1
Michael Brown was a juvenile delinquent on DRUGS!! 21 hr yo a bigot and troll 6
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Pittsburgh (Nov '13) Tue bodelll 44
With crime coverage, paper a challenging commun... Mon Old Cynic 1
Pittsburgh Dating
Find my Match

Pittsburgh People Search