Payroll tax would elicit some cash fr...

Payroll tax would elicit some cash from large Pittsburgh nonprofits

There are 5 comments on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story from Jan 14, 2013, titled Payroll tax would elicit some cash from large Pittsburgh nonprofits. In it, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that:

State Sen. Jim Ferlo added a new wrinkle Monday to the debate about whether nonprofits in Pittsburgh should pay for public services when he proposed a 0.4 percent payroll preparation tax.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Tax 'em, go get 'em. There is no reason not to tax these people. Let's chase them and their property from the area. Better do it quickly though, Cranberry is filling up quickly.
non affordable housing

United States

#2 Jan 15, 2013
THE BIGGEST NON PROFIT,,public housing has not paid county and school taxes in 45 YEARS AND THEIR ARE OVER 6000 units ...IN PITTSBURGH.. plus all the other hidden social costs ....thanks to congress ,and its in all 50 states."keep on flushing". multiply 6000units x $2000 a year x 45 years, thats over half a trillion,....phila has 20,000 units,thats over 1.5 trillion AT LEAST.
Just Saying

Uniontown, PA

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Hey, azzwipe, you conservative right wing-nuts are always saying the small business is the economic engine of today, the inovators that we create the America of the future... Ferlo only wants to tax those companies with over 250 employees, so he's focusing on the big boys, who need to be were the clients are, bozo! More right wing-nut bullsh*t!

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jan 18, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
Hey, azzwipe, you conservative right wing-nuts are always saying the small business is the economic engine of today, the inovators that we create the America of the future... Ferlo only wants to tax those companies with over 250 employees, so he's focusing on the big boys, who need to be were the clients are, bozo! More right wing-nut bullsh*t!
And I agree, tax the hell out of every company and non-profit that hires within the city. The taxes should be at least double what the small guys pay. Every non-residential property should be taxed at double or triple the rate of the homeowners. Every vehicle that enters the city proper should have to pay a toll as well as double parking for non residents. Residents should ride the bus free and non residents should pay double fees. It's only fair, after all the city is "most livable". The people who come from outside the city should pay and pay and pay some more. What better way to spread it around.
Da Old Fool rolls on

Uniontown, PA

#5 Jan 18, 2013
But, old fool, that is NOT what I propose, so you are NOT agreeing with me, azzwipe! When the false logic of your lame argument collapses, you always resort to spewing unmitigated and complete BULLSH*T, old man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox & Hound CLOSED for GOOD 18 hr could not care less 2
LGBT community is a real embarrassment 18 hr yo still da troll 4
Trump and Sanders 19 hr gay fact 15
News Shots Fired In Fight Over Woman, SWAT Called To... 19 hr state prison gape 1
Man questioned in deadly Wilkinsburg ambush now... 20 hr pgh 8
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Pittsburgh (Nov '13) Sat iTakeBigDumps 105
News More than 100 people pledge to end domestic vio... Sat One sided laws 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pittsburgh Mortgages