Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 879)

Showing posts 17,561 - 17,580 of20,360
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Greg Abott

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

I think I have a shot!
Paulie

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Detroit's problems have been fed by one of the most corrupt and graft-powered political machines America has ever seen. Go back and Hulu last Sunday's Meet the Press. Detroit elected officials trying to justify giving the city billions just so they can do it again.
Oh Snap

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Why is anyone still commenting on this? His term is nearly over, and he has accomplished exactly what he did in his first term... Absolutely nothing!
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
As much fun we have with these right wing nuts lets get back down to what are facts. Something that will stick with you rather than the Red Herrings we keep getting from the Tea party and the republicans ideologues.
Fortunately there is hope and it is being demonstrated, more and more every day, with the moderate republicans and the intellectuals of the party that are distancing themselves from the dysfunctional “Ideologues” of their party. Obama has aided them with his brilliance. A Tea bulwark has fallen.
Obamacare drives a wedge, fracturing republican party. Phoenix Arizona’s Governor Jan Brewer pulled off a major coup by distancing herself, along with a few staunch republican state senators, from their extremist elements within their party. Rallying the support by emphasizing “Moral and Monetarily Correct”. Stating “It’s pro-life, it’s saving lives, it is creating jobs, it is saving hospitals,” and “I don’t know how you can get any more conservative than that,”
Typical of the intoxicated Tea Party’s strategy. Derogatory remarks are let loose with no substance to any issue for debate. Going so far as to invoke some religious sniping by A.J LaFaro chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Committee, comparing Jan Brewer to Judas! Libertarian blog post by Tyler S. Boyer on the “Freedom Works” site, refers to Jan as “An unfortunate display of ineptitude.” Derogatory continues to surface from the right wing extremist. Reagan once said” Republicans should not speak ill of one another” Something the extremist have ignored, as they have demonstrated on various issues, ignoring supporting their constituents for some personal ego political ploy. Ignoring the facts that voters agreed, in 1996 and in 2000, to extend Medicaid coverage to childless adults, one of the main beneficiaries of the Medicaid expansion.
Mr. Coughlin states “Ideologues have their agendas” Mr. Coughlin goes on to say “and the part of the party that’s taking issue with the governor right now is all made up of ideologues”!
Moderate republicans will be required to expand their platforms to educate their constituents of the fallacies of the zealot extremist policies. Focusing on the more intelligent groups within their spheres such as women and independents.
Bruce Merrill, political behaviorist senior research at Morrison Institute for Public Policy of the Arizona University states “how truly fractured the Republican Party in Arizona is.” expressly due to Obamacare.
“The real brilliance of Barack Obama when he made Medicaid an all-or-nothing proposition,” giving states no option but to cover individuals with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty line if they were to qualify for federal reimbursement,“was that he pitted fiscally conservative Republicans against one another,” he said.
Governor Jan Brewer views it as merely bruised egos that will heal with time.“Nobody likes to lose, and that’s what happened”. AND this is but one example of many.
Tea will not be served…. Out of service…
What a complete bunch of editorial blowhard BS, and this coming from on of the "intelligent groups within their spheres such as women and independents.", of which I am both.
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

test
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Dang wrote:
<quoted text>What a complete bunch of editorial blowhard BS, and this coming from on of the "intelligent groups within their spheres such as women and independents.", of which I am both.
Dang nab it. You have once again provided us with the reason that we can’t say all of the women or independents are intelligent. Your support for austerity is all we need to know about you. I sincerely hope you were not offended; you mistook my comment to imply you are intelligent. I assure you madam, you have nothing to fear there. That would be one of the last thing I would you accuse of.
Dang nab it likes to; Evade, diversions, with no substance, no facts, lots of blah, blah though…
Now back to the subjects at hand.
UN exposes Inequality
UNDP { the UN Development Program} measures the “Human Development” factors. Income, health and education. It then applies the inequality factors for results.
Before factoring the inequality factor; USA comes in fourth, following Australia, The Netherlands and Norway.
After the factoring of the inequality factor; USA comes in 23 third. All European Nations and all Scandinavian Nations that have Universal Education, Health Care and Income Security exceeds the USA.
USA counters with its to finically expensive and will slow growth. Sweden’s former finance minister proves this to be false. Stating the robust growth of his nation during the years of 2000 to 2010. Sweden’s growth was 2.31% where in as the USA was at 1.85%. Quote “ We have grown so fast and done so well because we had high taxes”! Higher taxes that paid to keep their infrastructures laboring in their maintenance and upgrades, Universal Education, Universal Health Care, from birth to grave and Technology’s for their future. All the while, we were riding the bushwhacking roller coaster that ended in a catastrophic crash of biblical proportions. Losses to the tune of $6 Trillion to be paid for by Main Street. Such is the price for admission for the Bushwhacking roller coaster ride that advanced our inequality to Main Street. On Wall Street?.. Oh business as usual…!
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang nab it. You have once again provided us with the reason that we can’t say all of the women or independents are intelligent. Your support for austerity is all we need to know about you. I sincerely hope you were not offended; you mistook my comment to imply you are intelligent. I assure you madam, you have nothing to fear there. That would be one of the last thing I would you accuse of.
Dang nab it likes to; Evade, diversions, with no substance, no facts, lots of blah, blah though…
UN exposes Inequality
UNDP { the UN Development Program} measures the “Human Development” factors. Income, health and education. It then applies the inequality factors for results.
Before factoring the inequality factor; USA comes in fourth, following Australia, The Netherlands and Norway.
After the factoring of the inequality factor; USA comes in 23 third. All European Nations and all Scandinavian Nations that have Universal Education, Health Care and Income Security exceeds the USA.
USA counters with its to finically expensive and will slow growth. Sweden’s former finance minister proves this to be false. Stating the robust growth of his nation during the years of 2000 to 2010. Sweden’s growth was 2.31% where in as the USA was at 1.85%. Quote “ We have grown so fast and done so well because we had high taxes”! Higher taxes that paid to keep their infrastructures laboring in their maintenance and upgrades, Universal Education, Universal Health Care, from birth to grave and Technology’s for their future. All the while, we were riding the bushwhacking roller coaster that ended in a catastrophic crash of biblical proportions. Losses to the tune of $6 Trillion to be paid for by Main Street. Such is the price for admission for the Bushwhacking roller coaster ride that advanced our inequality to Main Street. On Wall Street?.. Oh business as usual…!
Yawn. Another half page of total crap. Don't you think it's time to start a fertilizer factory and make a large fortune out of your
endless supply of that well known brown stuff?.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Oh Snap wrote:
Why is anyone still commenting on this? His term is nearly over, and he has accomplished exactly what he did in his first term... Absolutely nothing!
Sounds like Obummer, but we have another 3 1/2 years of that jackass.
Mack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Heck yes
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
UN exposes Inequality
Your business as usual should be the fertilizer factory as suggested. Again, BS from someone who tries to be so smart. Listen to the President today and let me know what you think of his "Economic Plan" and yes, Defiant, I know I gonna regret it.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Dang wrote:
<quoted text>Your business as usual should be the fertilizer factory as suggested. Again, BS from someone who tries to be so smart. Listen to the President today and let me know what you think of his "Economic Plan" and yes, Defiant, I know I gonna regret it.
LOL.....Between Blarney and his master the Teleprompter-In-Chief, we can depend on just one thing being "shovel ready" and it sure isn't jobs.
SA resident

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Oh Snap wrote:
Totally agree! Julian Castro should be our next governor!

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Greg Abott wrote:
I think I have a shot!
Greg! You can't spell your name right!
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Dang wrote:
<quoted text> I gonna regret it.
Dang Nab It why all this blah,blah from the right wing nuts? No substance no facts.
Remember when republicans were so fearful of the economy’s state affaire? Well they still are !
Right Wing cries too fast, too fast, too fast, slooooow down..“It Is All About The Economy Stupid”
The Congressional Budget Office said the 2013 fiscal deficit would fall to about $642 billion, or 4 percent of G.D.P., about $200 billion less than it estimated just three months ago.
WASHINGTON — Since the recession ended four years ago, the federal budget deficit has topped $1 trillion every year. But now the government’s annual deficit is shrinking far faster than anyone in Washington expected, and perhaps even faster than many economists think is advisable for the health of the economy.
The agency forecast that the deficit, which topped 10 percent of gross domestic product in 2009, could shrink to as little as 2.1 percent of gross domestic product by 2015 — a level that most analysts say would be easily sustainable over the long run — before beginning to climb gradually through the rest of the decade.
"Revenues have been strong as the economy has outperformed a bit," said Joel Prakken, a founder of Macroeconomic Advisers, a forecasting firm based in St. Louis.
Over all, the figures demonstrate how the economic recovery has begun to refill the government’s coffers. At the same time, Washington, despite its republican political paralysis.
Republicans say perhaps too successful. Given that the economy continues to perform well below its potential and that unemployment has so far failed to fall below 7.5 percent, many economists are cautioning that the deficit is coming down too fast, too soon.
“It’s good news for the budget deficit and bad news for the jobs deficit,” said Jared Bernstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.{R}
“I’m more worried about the latter.” OOOHHH scary..
Now Obama is showing his democratic colors of success in financials. With the government running a hefty $113 billion surplus in the tax payment month of April, according to the Treasury, analysts now do not expect the country to run out of room under its debt ceiling.
The $200 billion reduction to the estimated deficit comes not from the $85 billion in mandatory cuts known as sequestration, nor from the package of tax increases that Congress passed this winter to avoid the so-called fiscal cliff. The office had already incorporated those policy changes in its February forecast.
Republicans want Congress to agree for this year to serving as a partial brake on the recovery, cutting government jobs and preventing growth from accelerating to a more robust pace, many economists have warned. The International Monetary Fund has called the country’s pace of deficit reduction “overly strong,” arguing that Washington should delay some of its budget cuts while adopting a longer-term strategy to hold down future deficits.{R} Typical, small minds for small growth..
CBO is revising its estimates for the current year, the budget office also cut its projections of the 10-year cumulative deficit by $618 billion. Those longer-term adjustments are mostly a result of smaller projected outlays for the entitlement programs of Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, as well as smaller interest payments on the debt. The C.B.O. has quietly erased hundreds of billions of dollars in projected government health spending over the last few years.
It did so again on Tuesday. In February, the budget office projected that the United States would spend about $8.1 trillion on Medicare and $4.4 trillion on Medicaid over the next 10 fiscal years. It now projects it will spend $7.9 trillion on Medicare and $4.3 trillion on Medicaid.
Bernard Forand

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

The season of the pirates is approaching once again. Elements of the Tea Party are preparing another daring kidnapping of our financial security. Hostage / Ransom scenarios will once again be emphasized as the ideal leadership ideology of this dysfunctional party. Saddling us with the most dysfunctional Congress in our Nations History is what they consider as honor.
July 23 2013 House Appropriations sub committee drafts a bill to cut Environmental Protection By 34%, Eliminate gas regulations! Cut National endowments for the arts and humanities by 50% Fish and Wildlife by 27%. Of the $3 Billion for Alternative energy reduced to $826 Million, Of the $380 Million for advanced research and development in energy,
down to $70 Million. Once again eliminate PBS {Big Bird}, Education grants cut 16% for the improvised, Labor Department cut 13%.
Meanwhile back in the senate {R Tea} are threatening Senator Harry Reid Senate Majority leader {D}’, vow to hold the nation hostage if any money is considered to support any portion of Obamacare. Senator John Cornyn {R Tea}, John Thune {R Tea}, And Marco Rubio {R Tea} are the official keepers of the Tea Pot in the senate.
Legislative days to go are a mere 24 days away from the Oct.1 deadline. Considering since 2010 Tea have not ever entertain the concept of politics or comprehend it, what chance will there be in the next 24 days they have left to educate themselves?
A letter drafted by senators Mike Lee {R Tea}, Ted Cruz {R Tea}, and Rand Paul {R Tea} Demanding to not fund any provisions of Obamacare. Taken together we are witnessing the greatest cuts since 1995 when the republicans sought to eliminate the departments of Education, Energy and Commerce and holding the USA Hostage for 28 days!
Dan Pfeiffer sums it up “ Republicans’ were offering no plan, other than indiscriminate cuts as far as the eye can see and repeal Obamacare as often as possible.” Mr. Pfeiffer warns the nation that the Tea is once again seeking a train wreck form of politics for the USA.
Republicans further demand reforms to cut Medicare and S.S., Rewriting the Tax Code. Unless all of these issues are surrendered to the {R Tea}, the pirates will initiate there threats against the USA. Senator McConnell {R Tea} made it clear he will not abide by the cut spending across the board sequester. It would require cuts to, too many austerity's strategic components.
Security and Exchange Commission that has been enforcing laws and investigating the corruptive practices of Wall Street and the Banks is to be cut by18%. Transportation and housing bill cut nearly 50%, Community Block Grants to levels below what the founder President Gerald Ford had originated, slashing any funds to the new Consumers Protective Agency, IRS cut by 24%, Amtrak by 30% and clean water grants slashed 83%!
Bottom line {R Tea} have no intention of actually seeking any security for their constituents‘. Traditionalist conservative republicans are now distancing themselves from such Tea intoxicated demands and pirating ideologies. Zealot extremist with no intelligent beneficial leadership for the nation. Austerity is illuminated as their motivation!

Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

blah blah blah baffeling BS Barney blah blah blah
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

As obamacare slides slowly to the bottom of the Sea of Stupidity......
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

At this point waco I don't think it's sliding all that slowly. But you will never convince Barney.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Where you at Blarney?. No half pages of regurgitated drivel on Obama and his equally useless speech?.

Let me save you the trouble by summarizing it for you. The speech was just that, a speech amounting to nothing but talk with no results. Just like the past four years of this idiot with the satellite dish ears.
Eyes open

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Bernard. You said more than a mouthful. You certainly have your eye on the ball.

Tea is my drink of choice, but when it comes to politics, I find myself choking on the tea brewed by the radical right of the Republican party. I find that both state and national politics are leaving a strong, bitter taste in my mouth. I am in favor of dumping Republican tea into the nearest harbor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 17,561 - 17,580 of20,360
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pittsburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pittsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance