Pilgrim's Pride gets reprieve

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Troubled chicken processor Pilgrim's Pride Corp. said yesterday that it reached an agreement with its lenders to extend its credit lines until Monday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of504
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jack

Suitland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2008

Let them Fold. Go Perdue chicken
Dennis

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2008

25 million in interest - what was the loan. Does this company make any money at all?
WORK AT HOME

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

PUT YOUR COMPUTER TO WORK AND MAKE MONEY EVEN WHILE YOU SLEEP!
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. BAD CREDIT? NO PROBLEM. BE YOUR OWN BOSS. START ACCEPTING CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS WITHIN THE NEXT 48 HOURS. OWN YOUR OWN HOME BASED BUSINESS. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE, VISIT OUR SITE.
ALL SECRETS ABOUT MAKING MONEY ONLINE ARE REVEALED AT: HTTP://WORKATHOME.SITE50.NET .
Worried Worker

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

Judged:

Maybe Bo needs to look back at plants that are making money to get some idea. Maybe send a person in each plant to I.D. all the mangerment job. To see if you need all the overhead in each plant to run.
kso9

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

The main thing that needs to be done to help with cost is get rid of all the contracts with certain vendors. I personally know of plantsd buying materials now and paying twice the price before the plant went to Pilgrims. I know if the plants handled their own individual purchasing that they would save over 20 percent in plant operating expenses.
kso9

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

You are correct as in having someone to come in and monitor the plants that are making money and get imput from these employees.
Worried Worker

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Why not buy what you need local if you can instand of paying more and paying shipping? Pilgrim need to be able to trust the people they have in charge of each plant to save the company if they cannot send someone they can.
roosters and chicks

Lake Butler, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

Judged:

if pilgrims wants to cut expenses, the first thing that needs to be done is to cut the saleries of the over paid executives and those who run each facility in the company, paying bonuses for bad decisions and acquiring a company that pilgrims cant afford and admit the wrong doing of company officals and quit blaming all their mistakes on everything else but the real cause, BAD MANAGEMENT
old chicken farmer

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Judged:

Roosers and chicks is exactly right. There are too many over paid excutives in this company. I've been involved in growing poultry for 45 years and have never seen a more poorly run poultry company in all my years. I would like to know what Pilgrim Pride did with all the money they made when they were making record profits just two years ago? The money sure didn't go to the growers. There are too many people employed by this company that has nothing to do with the growing, processing, or distribution of their product. If they want to cut cost, get rid of some of those service techs that know nothing about raising chickens, park the fleet of trucks they drive, and hire one service tech for each facility to sit by a phone to respond to the growers needs. I see too many Pilgrim Pride trucks sitting at coffee shops and restraunts. All our service tech does is to stop by and get mortality numbers and fill out a useless report. I would be glad to call my mortality numbers in each week, along with feed inventory. I haven't figured out exactly what their job is now, they no longer post chickens, draw blood or pull fat samples. I can just imagine that the entire company is overwhelmed with so many people that are just not needed and doing nothing but drawing a check. It's pitiful!
Willie Granville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Did yall know Bo has his own feed mill in Pittsburg? Cost of feed isn't the problem. The people he hires are friends of friends or realives, they cann't get a job any where else. He and dairy farmers hired people from south of the border to make them who they are. Cheap labor is the name of the game. One must understand there aren't too many people from Texas that care about others only a hand few. I was born there I know. Bo's supporter are the ones he meet at the coffee shop every morning with snuff drulling down the sides of their mouth and are $10 dollar millionaires. I am glad to see most of you support each other in this ordeal and hope for the best in your farming things are a mess.
worried worker

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2009

i believe your all right i have worked for pilgrims for five or so years and there are people hired after me making more than i do 12,000 to 15,000 more pilgrim's is racest agianst americans my thought now let them fold its not worth the worry any more
Willie Granville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Worried worker I know the feeling I went through this back in the 80's. But I beat the odds, move on to something else. And yes they are racist toward American workers. Why? I don't know, they seem that you are a threat to them and one day get ahead. Just hang in there I think help is on the way.
glad I dont work there

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

My cousin (white man) has worked there for 15 years and he makes a whopping $10.00 an hour. Great place to work isn't it.
Willie Granville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Your Cuz is what companies like this one are looking for. In your cousin's case he has been the BLUE EYED HOUSE NEGRO for Bo ok. Tell the boy to get out the gate jump the fence just get out.
It is sad but in E. Texas just about all they can hire is ex-cons and crackheads. They will hire them before they will me with a clean record. It is going to take a while, but yall hang in there. Be like me I never voted for a TREE OR A BUSH.
MP native

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Willie, you seem to have a pretty poor opinion of Texans in general. What happened to you (here in Texas ) that so biased your opinions?
Willie Granville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

Yes I do have a poor opinion of Texans who work a man for 15 yrs. and he only makes $10.00 an hour. But I am LIBERAL, give the man a chance to get ahead. I think Cuz should be making $18 to $20 and hour after all those years Bo and others can do that and still make money.
Now Texans has a poor opinion of me, I just tell it like it is no sugar coating. MP native one day you may read my book I am working on and you will see why I speak the truth about Texas. There are a handfull of good people and a state full of not so good in the state.
Willie Granville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

Oh yea yall continue to hang in there as a team. You may want to get a Gilmer Mirror paper this saturday and may see me again.
Pamela in Nashville TN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2009

I agree with you. My best friend moved to Boaz, AL 22 years ago and started working for Gold Kist, now Pilgrims Pride. He is now only making $10.00 and hr and I was shocked. He could make that working at McDonalds here in Nashville. I am hoping he will move to TN once the factory closes because of the bankruptcy, so he will know what it is like to get paid a decent wage for a honest days work in TN. He is constantly complaining about the illegals coming up from Mexico and working at the factory and get very angry when he finds out they make more money than he does. He would leave now if they hadn't frozen his retirement.
Willie Granville wrote:
Yes I do have a poor opinion of Texans who work a man for 15 yrs. and he only makes $10.00 an hour. But I am LIBERAL, give the man a chance to get ahead. I think Cuz should be making $18 to $20 and hour after all those years Bo and others can do that and still make money.
Now Texans has a poor opinion of me, I just tell it like it is no sugar coating. MP native one day you may read my book I am working on and you will see why I speak the truth about Texas. There are a handfull of good people and a state full of not so good in the state.
Willie Granville

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2009

Pamela thank you. I have tried to tell them hammer heads in Texas this for years. I am in New England a present. Now they want to know when I am coming home. I tell them when I get ready.
Pilgrim isn't the only one, but it is good to bring this out in the open. So many others will see what some companies are doing to our workers and to this country.$10.00 an hour now retirement froze this is ashame.
worried worker in LA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2009

Pilgrims Pride needs to either their stuff together or close the doors. They are doing nothing more but, making employees miserable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of504
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pittsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pittsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••