Letters published in the Times

Jun 21, 2008 Read more: El Paso Times 9
I went to UTEP and have moved to a small town, Pittsburg, Texas. I often marvel at small-town living and look at the surrounding "big cities" and say thank goodness I don't have to deal with that. Read more
Drill for oil

El Paso, TX

#1 Jun 22, 2008
"Drill for oil

I am sure that we all agree that we are tired of paying $4 or more for gas.

Congress is supposed to be working on the problem, but it appears that the finger-pointing on Capitol

Hill will never end. Every time I see a news show, or hear a sound bite, it is always, "You did this; it's your

fault," or, "We could have done this, but you wouldn't do that."

I am sick of the bickering. We need to fix the problem and not argue over who caused it. I don't care.

Let's all send a message, loud and clear, to Congress
Advertisement
-- drill here, drill now, pay less!

Check out the online petition at www.americansolutions.com and join the nearly 800,000 people who

have said we have had enough. We can make a difference.

--Tim Besco / West El Paso"

Thank you for giving the drill here, drill now, pay less petition some exposure. I agree with your letter 100%
is it true

El Paso, TX

#2 Jun 22, 2008
that Susie Bryd is sleeping with Elliot Shapleigh?
She is one nasty **** That why she keeps voting for the stormwater tax.. She thinks it will cleanse her soul... Yeah Right!
Anne

El Paso, TX

#3 Jun 22, 2008
Our garbage drivers in Northeast routinely come before 5am, and their supervisor believes their lies when they say they cam at 7am or 6am. This, even when the entire block has called in to say the drivers came way to early. I think the supervisors need to monitor the drivers better, and maybe pay a little closer attention. They might find out the taxpayers are correct.
Trash

El Paso, TX

#4 Jun 22, 2008
The early pick up is not the main concern for me. I am concerned about the fact that the driver on my route in the northeast deliberately knocks over trash cans and drops the cans hard causing them to be damaged.
This last week I was outside when he came by. A short distance down the road I guess he felt that the people had placed their cans wrong or he just didn't like the fact that the cars parked on the dtreet meant he had to slow down. He picked up a trash can held it 2 or 3 feet off the ground and drove forward knocking over 2 recycle cans. He then dumped the trash and dropped the can directlt in the middle of the persons driveway.
He regularly drops cand from 3 or 4 feet above the ground and leaves them in gthe middle of the street.
He has stated to me that if I don't place my cans further out into the street he won't pick them up. I live on a culdesac and place my cans as required, seperated by at least 3 feet and withing 1 foot of the curb. He is angered because it requires him to back up.
The entire trash collection service in this city is a joke.
TXx

Longview, TX

#5 Jun 26, 2008
While getting a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is, if they ever file charges.
no chng

Texarkana, TX

#6 May 9, 2010
Drill for oil wrote:
"Drill for oil
Congress is supposed to be working on the problem, but it appears that the finger-pointing on Capitol
Hill will never end. Every time I see a news show, or hear a sound bite, it is always, "You did this; it's your
I am sick of the bickering. We need to fix the problem and not argue over who caused it. I don't care.
Advertisement
Check out the online petition at www.americansolutions.com and join the nearly 800,000 people who
Thank you for giving the drill here, drill now, pay less petition some exposure. I agree with your letter 100%
Two years later and still that way.
adra

Mount Pleasant, TX

#8 Aug 26, 2010
samehere.
harold

Mount Pleasant, TX

#10 Aug 30, 2010
Drill for oil wrote:
"Drill for oil
Advertisement
Drill baby drill
drill baby drill
Alice

Tyler, TX

#11 Sep 1, 2010
great job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ghost busters Sun hemorrhoids 4
landfill attorney arrested (Apr '08) Sun hemorrhoids 22
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat fart 794
News Texas State Medical Board disciplines ETX doctor (Jan '13) Sat Elena 9
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat Fart Smoke 633
News PJC students graduate with Air Conditioning & R... Apr 17 Lucky duck 8
Couple Harrassed By Mt. Pleasant Police Dept**W... (Oct '10) Apr 16 MrsVA 20
More from around the web

Pittsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]