Litter Cleanup Crew Member Killed When Struck By Truck

Apr 7, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Tyler Morning Telegraph

A 70-year-old Pittsburg man working on a litter cleanup crew was killed when a pickup struck him as he tried to cross Texas Highway 300 on Tuesday, East Mountain Police Chief Jeff Pearson said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Willie Granville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Judged:

My thoughts go out to both families. A young man who has got to live with this, a family who has lost a love one. My problem is who put this 70 yr. old man who had a mental condition out on a busy HWY like 300 to start with? This is just poor supervision and uncall for.
melinda

Rowlett, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Isn't there something safer for the mentally challenged to be doing other than picking up trash unsupervised next to a busy hwy?? Who had that bright idea?
Willie Granville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Melinda: Yes there are some safer jobs for the mentally challenged, but they are all taken. They are all elected OFFICIALS who let things like this happen. Who had this bright idea? your answere is above. Now who voted them in?
keith

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Willie Granville wrote:
Melinda: Yes there are some safer jobs for the mentally challenged, but they are all taken. They are all elected OFFICIALS who let things like this happen. Who had this bright idea? your answere is above. Now who voted them in?
like your answer
Juanita

Mount Pleasant, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Prayers to the family.
Willie Granville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

keith: Glad you like the answere, it is the truth. Bad part is those OFFICIALS will be re-elected in November. I hope the family SUE the hell out of the county, hit them in the pocket books where it counts.
Juanita: You keep praying, my thoughts went out to both families on April 13. In cases like this I don't pray. I pray before it happens.
Wounded

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Willie Granville wrote:
keith: Glad you like the answere, it is the truth. Bad part is those OFFICIALS will be re-elected in November. I hope the family SUE the hell out of the county, hit them in the pocket books where it counts.
Juanita: You keep praying, my thoughts went out to both families on April 13. In cases like this I don't pray. I pray before it happens.
I agree with the above post.
Just the facts mam!
aldra

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

melinda wrote:
Isn't there something safer for the mentally challenged to be doing other than picking up trash unsupervised next to a busy hwy?? Who had that bright idea?
. Its a job.
Willie Granville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

aldra: It's a job, yea a deadly job for this guy. If they would have had him sweeping leaves, mopping a floor being mentally ill and had an accident ok. Puting them on hwy 300? There have been many deaths on this road for years, the sane even get killed. There is a job for everyone, it is up to the supervisor to put that person on that job and the safety of that person and others workers. IT'S A JOB---AN'T THAT A LICK UP SIDE THE HEAD?
Willie Granville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Wounded: Thank you.
maggie

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

interesting stuff.
Willie Granville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

maggie: since we have got your interest go ahead and make a comment of what you think about this ordeal. I may learn something, may even learn how to spell better lol.
Jessica

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

So sad
Willie Granville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

Jessica: what is even sader, is when will the next mental patient get killed because of supervision of the HIGH ELITE'S of the County and State. If I was back in Texas and could talk to the family I would say hit them in the pocket book where it counts. It will not bring a love one back, but it may save a love one.
Willie Granville

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Poor man died and no one cares. SAD SAD.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pittsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pittsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••