OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#23763 Jul 24, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
This was a very unusual situation.
I've thought about what I might have done armed in this situation.
I couldn't imagine a kevlar vest and would have gone for a body shot. It likely would not have worked. A head shot would have been much more difficult and especially with this nut wearing head gear. I probably would have come out very badly not having a clue to the circumstances I was facing. It wasn't just a gun to face, it was body protection that would severly reduce my chances of stopping this guy before he stopped me.
This was indeed a very unusual situation in Colorado and I have thought about it as well. If you were on the same general aisle of the shooter there would have been very little you could have done because of the lighting problem, the people between you and him and the general chaos. If you were on the opposite aisle side you might have gotten lucky and gotten up the aisle and come around behind the shooter. But as you know, all that is gross speculation. I was once in a theater where someone threw something that cut the screen. The strobing effect from the projection was instant. It blinded you. If the shooter shot up the screen there was no way you could pinpoint his location even if you were Rambo. I just find it beyond belief that a bunch of old farts (and that's what we all are) will sit around a computer and brag about what they would have done. This was a tragedy, it's the kind of tragedy that has and will happen from time to time. I remember a guy who climbed on a tower at the U of Texas and started shooting. I think his name was Whitman? I was a kid when that happened. And it has happened every so often every since. Sometimes the cops kill the shooter, sometimes he surrenders but usually he kills himself as well. This was tragic but predictable. What is not predictable is what these armchair cowboys do would have done.

Oh and BTW? "Reporter" is "Packing Heat". Read his outburst insults to me. Same exact words and phrasing as Heat.

Location hidden

#23764 Jul 24, 2012
What astounds me is that the extreme left and right can see the absurdities of the other side such as Maddow (God I detest that woman) and Rush (there is no bigger buffoon in America) but the extremists can only see the absurdities of the other side. Never their own.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#23765 Jul 24, 2012
Reporter

You called me a liar on the story about the Australian Foreign Minister having to call the press in because Rmoney was putting out a false quote from him and you used Ed to cover you butt. To bad for you if was reported a lot on the net and Ed was gone on a vacation. LOL You were caught on your bullhockey. Tough.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#23766 Jul 24, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
What astounds me is that the extreme left and right can see the absurdities of the other side such as Maddow (God I detest that woman) and Rush (there is no bigger buffoon in America) but the extremists can only see the absurdities of the other side. Never their own.
The extreme left? LOL

Because I want Gay rights? Then all of the left is the extreme left.

Location hidden

#23767 Jul 24, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
The extreme left? LOL
You don't have enough on your plate with the right wingers? You itching for a fight with me? You are an extremist because you paint everyone else that doesn't totally agree with you with the same brush. You say you "support gay rights" as if I don't support any gay rights. We support the exact same rights with the singular exception that I prefer the word marriage to be retained for the civil union of a man and a woman. The key to civil union rights is the civil union. If a man a woman don't take out a license they don't have the "rights" either that you say gays don't have. Medical rights, home buying rights and so on. I have no problem with gays taking out a civil union license and calling it whatever they want as long as they don't call it marriage. THAT is not saying they can't have the same rights. THAT is saying they can't have one word. I can call myself a woman. Doesn't make it so. We will never agree on this and that doesn't make me a bigot. It makes me a moderate who supports gay rights with a singular exception of a single words.

Rachel Maddow is bombastic, overly aggressive, simple minded abusive/sarcastic. She is exactly on the left what Rush and that bunch of blowhard windbags on Faux are on the right. But you can't see that because, like the hicks with their bunch, she is on your side so you're blinded to the reality. You accept her excesses because you agree her excesses. Rush fans accept his excesses because they agree with his excesses. It's not different. No different at all. They are all offensive and a detriment to getting anything done in this country.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#23768 Jul 24, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
The extreme left? LOL
==========
Right to vote. Right to public accomodations. Right to freedom of religion. Right to be treated equal under our laws and same as any other citizen is treated in housing, employment, and right of association without regard to gender.

But gays have NO right to the word marriage for their abnormal and unnatural human relationships.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#23769 Jul 24, 2012
Dusty

We will have to just disagree on this. Lawrence O'Donnell and Ed Shultz are the ones that you are describing. But Maddow IMHO are better than both of them and I put Chris Hayes above her. So those may be our differences. I'll live with it.

But you'll find that Gay Marriage is now the Democratic position. They will probably put it in their platform this year. Civil Unions are the separate but somewhat equal position. Demos don't do that now.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#23770 Jul 24, 2012
Take for instance, Sally Ride, the astronaut, that died this week. She is a gay and has been with her partner for 27 years. Her partner was denied federal benefits that every other couple are granted.

Straights don't own the word marriage. The church doesn't have to marry gays if they don't want to but marriage is a legal contract. Either we allow every human American citizen that option or we stop using it for everyone and the only ones that use the word marriage will be something done by the church and the government will only use civil contracts for the rest of us.

Location hidden

#23771 Jul 24, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
Take for instance, Sally Ride, the astronaut, that died this week. She is a gay and has been with her partner for 27 years. Her partner was denied federal benefits that every other couple are granted.
Straights don't own the word marriage. The church doesn't have to marry gays if they don't want to but marriage is a legal contract. Either we allow every human American citizen that option or we stop using it for everyone and the only ones that use the word marriage will be something done by the church and the government will only use civil contracts for the rest of us.
==========
Every "human American citizen" man and woman union already has the option of using the word marriage.

Location hidden

#23772 Jul 24, 2012
Human marriage means between man and woman, female and male, husband(male) and wife(female).

Location hidden

#23773 Jul 24, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
My issue with the word marriage has nothing to do with Sally Ride's survivor being denied benefits. Under ANY name for a civil union she would be entitled to benefits. Stop splitting hairs for the purpose of argument.

"Either we allow every human American citizen that option or we stop using it for everyone and the only ones that use the word marriage will be something done by the church and the government will only use civil contracts for the rest of us."

That works for me. Separation of church and state works for me in every single case without exception.
The Reporter

Jenks, OK

#23774 Jul 24, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:

This was indeed a very unusual situation in Colorado and I have thought about it as well. If you were on the same general aisle of the shooter there would have been very little you could have done because of the lighting problem, the people between you and him and the general chaos. If you were on the opposite aisle side you might have gotten lucky and gotten up the aisle and come around behind the shooter. But as you know, all that is gross speculation. I was once in a theater where someone threw something that cut the screen. The strobing effect from the projection was instant. It blinded you. If the shooter shot up the screen there was no way you could pinpoint his location even if you were Rambo. I just find it beyond belief that a bunch of old farts (and that's what we all are) will sit around a computer and brag about what they would have done. This was a tragedy, it's the kind of tragedy that has and will happen from time to time. I remember a guy who climbed on a tower at the U of Texas and started shooting. I think his name was Whitman? I was a kid when that happened. And it has happened every so often every since. Sometimes the cops kill the shooter, sometimes he surrenders but usually he kills himself as well. This was tragic but predictable. What is not predictable is what these armchair cowboys do would have done.

Oh and BTW? "Reporter" is "Packing Heat". Read his outburst insults to me. Same exact words and phrasing as Heat.

It was a tragic and very unsual situation in Colorado and no armchair old fart would know what they would do until faced with that kind of situation but you have to admit you're here everyday blowing and going with all of your bullshit too old fart.
Isn't it fun?

The chuckle of the day is you think I,m Packing Heat, ROFLMAO, I had to call him laughing my ass off to tell him what I just read. You really are the chucklefuck he says you are. One thing is certain and very predictable about you is, you will come up with something funny regardless of how stupid just for laughs although I think you really believe it.

Truth is Packing Heat is my new neighbor and he told me about this thread and the clowns that troll it, LOL. I thought he was kidding and didn't realize that many stupid people roam amongst us. And you goofball are everything he said, LOL, 6 french fries short of a "Happy Meal" you ignorant dolt.

He did say to tell you if he gets time he'll stop in and see you but right now losers like you are on the bottom of his to do list, LOL. I did tell him you were thinking about him but he didn't seem impressed. I take it you miss him but honestly, that man really hates queers, LOL. You don't stand a chance either from what he said, LOL.

Location hidden

#23775 Jul 24, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Every "human American citizen" man and woman union already has the option of using the word marriage.
Exactly. Good point.

Location hidden

#23776 Jul 24, 2012
What about the term submarriage for gays and normal unions stay marriage.

Gays could get a submarriage license that gives them the same rights as normal people.
Packing Heat

United States

#23777 Jul 24, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:

You ignorant twit, what the hell is wrong with you? There is only one real "Packing Heat" and just because I don't come to hear your daily bullshit doesn't mean I have time to play someone else to listen to the same bullshit you ignorant twit. You're just has ignorant one way as the other. When my neighbor called and told me you thought she was me I felt that "internet love offering" you were sending. Didn't want to believe it but she was right, here you are again. Do you miss me?

I looked for you over the weekend sugar-britches at the Road Hog Saloon but didn't see your Moped with a Pig on a leash tied to it so we drove on by, LOL. Guess you didn't stop in did you, LOL. Alright have fun with your armchair buddies and behave.

Location hidden

#23778 Jul 24, 2012
Actually I find Lawrence O'Donnell less bombastic than Maddow. I stopped watching Schultz a long time ago.

You make the point that gay "marriage" will be a Democratic platform position. So what? I am a moderate. NOTHING either party does pleases me in totality. As a moderate however, I take the totality of the two people running for a particular office and make my decisions on which is least offensive to me. I will vote Obama because I fear the raping and plundering of America that will take place under a Romney administration. But unlike you goose stepping extremists on both sides, I find all parties, including splinter parties to have some validity sometimes. I support the libertarian position on legalizing drugs. I support the Green Party position concerning the environment. I support the Republican position on spending but not how to get spending under control. I support the Democratic party position on Education but not how they go about it.

And I say a pox on them all because what you call a "platform" is nothing more than election year pandering for votes. In my 65 years of life no party has ever done what they claimed they would do. Gridlock in government is a term I first remember hearing in the 9th grade in Civics class. Both major parties are corrupt to the core and the fall of the USA will take place within the next 50 years because of the extremist, inflexible, non compromising position of both sides. You illustrate this extremism by you dogmatic defense of the word marriage. It's not important to anyone but an extremist. What is important that a partner of 27 years can be denied civil union benefits. But you never compromise.(shrug) You are the enemy just like Packing Heat is because you're destroying this nation with you unwillingness to compromise.

Location hidden

#23779 Jul 24, 2012
The Reporter wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a tragic and very unsual situation in Colorado and no armchair old fart would know what they would do until faced with that kind of situation but you have to admit you're here everyday blowing and going with all of your bullshit too old fart.
Isn't it fun?
The chuckle of the day is you think I,m Packing Heat, ROFLMAO, I had to call him laughing my ass off to tell him what I just read. You really are the chucklefuck he says you are. One thing is certain and very predictable about you is, you will come up with something funny regardless of how stupid just for laughs although I think you really believe it.
Truth is Packing Heat is my new neighbor and he told me about this thread and the clowns that troll it, LOL. I thought he was kidding and didn't realize that many stupid people roam amongst us. And you goofball are everything he said, LOL, 6 french fries short of a "Happy Meal" you ignorant dolt.
He did say to tell you if he gets time he'll stop in and see you but right now losers like you are on the bottom of his to do list, LOL. I did tell him you were thinking about him but he didn't seem impressed. I take it you miss him but honestly, that man really hates queers, LOL. You don't stand a chance either from what he said, LOL.
Whatever Bubba. Now about those pigs. Couldn't you at least take the back seats out of your SUV when you let the pigs go for a ride?

Location hidden

#23780 Jul 24, 2012
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorant twit, what the hell is wrong with you? There is only one real "Packing Heat" and just because I don't come to hear your daily bullshit doesn't mean I have time to play someone else to listen to the same bullshit you ignorant twit. You're just has ignorant one way as the other. When my neighbor called and told me you thought she was me I felt that "internet love offering" you were sending. Didn't want to believe it but she was right, here you are again. Do you miss me?
I looked for you over the weekend sugar-britches at the Road Hog Saloon but didn't see your Moped with a Pig on a leash tied to it so we drove on by, LOL. Guess you didn't stop in did you, LOL. Alright have fun with your armchair buddies and behave.
LOL and AMAZINGLY Heat makes an appearance under his first name. LOLOLOLOL So how's the pigs? You are using a condom right?
Bye Bye Barry

Haslet, TX

#23781 Jul 24, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
Reporter
. LOL You were caught on your bullhockey. Tough.
Justamoron, you wrote the book on BS!! You have no credibility, whatsoever!! I busted you yesterday on the gun thing!! Your response to being caught spewing your lies was a simple "my bad"!!
Jed

Oklahoma City, OK

#23782 Jul 24, 2012
Why did mandated healthcare become a federal program again...?
Maybe if the Liberals and Conservatives weren't so partisan, they'd have seen the problem with mandating the continual purchase of premiums delegated from a zero-sum, zero-competition economy. I don't recall saying "nahh, I think I like Hillcrest more" on the way to the hospital.

I hope you all are glad that you voted in a federally-mandated Storey Wrecker svc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chris ambler Sep 7 guest 1
Reward for Info! My Lifes Tools, STOLEN! Aug 30 DragonLady58 1
David Jameson (Oct '14) Aug 21 Canyadigit4real 2
Cameron Averitt Bobbitt....insensitive Article (Jan '06) Aug 20 Dashner 6
lake eufaula (Oct '08) Jul '17 The mistake 5
Motels Jul '17 The mistake 1
News The Girl Scout murders revisited (Jun '07) Jul '17 obieone 255

Pittsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance