Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 3,864)

Showing posts 77,261 - 77,280 of122,986
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Peace For Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Think you could endure the suffering He did? Could you endure hanging from a cross for that time with spikes through your hands and feet and the stripes He was given prior to that? Would you take the place of this man?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I'm delighted that you realize Jesus Christ still lives.
A lot of people have endured far worse... One guy sliced off his own hand then hiked 5 miles... Some have poured gasoline over themselves and struck a match...

The Question is would you let Your Kid go through that if you were watching and had the power to stop it... If you would then you have do not the Honor to deserve my Following in the first place...
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Idiot Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Yes, why don't you debate your god and your religion with me?????? Scared?? I thought your god gave you strength?
You have Nothing to debate with!
God is real... end of story!
What you have is an un-knowledgable Opinion!
A desire to quench belief in God...
That will never "NEVER" happen with me...
Because I "KNOW" better!
Good day!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I lived in your bubble the first 50 years of my life... You actually believe that I don't give this stuff a 'Good Think'?
Everything you guys deny written or spoken by who is reffered to as 'Water heads',
Just because they do not fallow Godless scientists!
Their theories are even more sound, but because it points away from so-called mainstream science!
Something so simple as cave drawings depicting things you guys say died long before man came on the seen... proving man, and dino walked together on the earth... OH NO! that cannot be!
It has to be something else! You cannot have that! it would mean you are wrong!!!!!!
The trouble with making up stories, is you have to change them, as more data pours in... God's word has been around for 4,800+...
People with different Agendas read it differently, some even mangle it to fit them!
The fact is.... Many people Believe in something Bigger... A lot of people have had an experience with God... Some... adult, and child alike have even had NDEs visitng Heaven, and/or Hell!
The thing about all this.... we that believe, and Know God is real want You guys onboard... Not because we hate you, but because we Love you! Tooooo many things pointing to you being wrong, and we Want you Right, and it is simple as belief!
Peace!
"God's word" has changed many, many times. If modern human can make a computer model of how a dinosaur looked based on the skeletons we find, is it impossible that primitive man could draw theirs on a cave wall? Carbon dating proves that dinosaurs died off at the end of the Cretaceous period, over 72 million years before primitive man appeared in the fossil record. Nobody with a thought process as ignorant and flawed as yours' could ever help another person "get right" as you call it. Any argument you make against evolution or atheism can only be classified as irrelevant. Like scientists have an anti-christian agenda. People become scientists and devote their life to research because they want to know our origins, they want to know our history. Not because they want to prove bronze age mythology wrong. The bible has proven itself to be a work of fiction all on its own.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
The bible is very plain on what the messiah will do, the bible is the word of god, according to god as stated in the bible which is his divine word, the messiah has not come yet, you may worship a false prophet at your own peril. Think about it peter, john and jesus all warned to look out for a false prophet, all the time they knew the wolf was leading the sheep straight to hell. Believe what you want, as for me I know the truth.
Hahahahahaha!
That's it? That's ALL you got???
Ok... I guess that's why Jesus told you to Love God, and Everyone else!
Come back when you got something!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

How did hitler fool the people, he used god, peter,john and jesus did the same, believe what you want, I know the truth. Good day.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
"You'd know that if you were Connected with the Creator, and not the Destroyer!"
The bible warns of your kind, no one speaks with god, for god said he was leaving and man would hear from god no more, yet you claim he lies. You choose to corrupt gods word, no, you are one of satans minions and will taste the eternal fires of the damned.
Again!
Hahahahahahaha!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Peace For Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be your view of logic and common sense. Do you believe in anything other than self? You continue to slay the beliefs and teachings of the Lord. What do your beliefs offer? You don't seen to want to talk about that much. Since you are so critical of spiritual beliefs you must have a better plan. What would that be?
How about planning to live the only life you get to the fullest. Planning on not letting a self-contradictory book dictate how you live your life. We are critical of your belief that there is a divine plan because the idea of life being a "plan" is outlandish, and the concept of an afterlife devalues the worth of the life we are living. It may be comforting to believe that we will one day see our deceased loved ones again, but it's not gonna happen. That's why we have to enjoy every minute we have with them.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
For god so loved the world that he did this,
The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth
WOW, can you feel the love.
Yes!
We on this side (The Forgiven side) of your equation...
Do feel the Love!
You do know that was Before Abraham, n Moses... don't you???
Just thought I'd throw that in fer ya!

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

We had a carpenter joseph, joseph being a little slow witted married his long time girlfriend that was pregnent, joseph knew it was not his for mary would not give in to his sexual advances, her story was goddidit, as I said joseph not being the brightest bulb in the pack believed this. Well before you know it, along came jesus(pronouced -hey zues- seems god was spanish) now jesus did not want to be a carpenter(work), one day he heard of a guy with a good gig at the river, and the rest is christianity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
How did hitler fool the people, he used god, peter,john and jesus did the same, believe what you want, I know the truth. Good day.
Wow, you mean to tell me that someone actually acknowledged the fact that Hitler was a Christian. I am amazed!!!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Idiot Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Crude and primative rituals no matter how you sllice it;
From catholics with their drinking the blood of christ, confession booths and molestation to holy rollers pumped up on naturally-occuring endorphines running around like mental patients.
What a circus.
And Gibson was blackballed by the jews for that film.
"Gibson was blackballed by the jews for that film"
Yes he was... I'll let you figure out why!
Leave the Catholics, and molestation out of Christianity!
I know People are messed up, but that is why we NEED Christ!
How about this

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You have Nothing to debate with!
God is real... end of story!
What you have is an un-knowledgable Opinion!
A desire to quench belief in God...
That will never "NEVER" happen with me...
Because I "KNOW" better!
Good day!
If "god" is real, why doesn't he answer the prayers of amputees? Why doesn't he heal them????? If you "know better", answer my question. WHY DOESN'T YOUR GOD ANSWER HEALING PRAYERS OF CHRISTIAN AMPUTEES??????
You can't and that's why you won't debate me. I can massacre your religion and YOU KNOW IT!!!!!!
I'll take your "Good day!" as a win by default.
You have a "blessed day". Ha-ha-ha-ha. Get it??? "Blessed."
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
John 3:16 is more propaganda for the false prophet jesus, the real messiah is yet to come, hell awaits those who go against the word of god.
john,peter and jesus the unholy trinity, the three con men, read the bible and when the time is right, let your eyes be opened, god will burn the the truth into you.
You really know Nothing!
Come back when you have Something!
Preferably the truth... Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have Any Beliefs... About Anything... I Know, I think I Know or I do Not Know.... Belief is like a narcotic, it comforts the mind when faced with the unknown and allows you to Assume a reality not based in Evidence... It's a Ego Based view of the universe and keeps you from facing the facts of a matter... or lack of... It does not matter if it's Science or Religion or Politics... To truly Believe allows the Believer to disregard Evidence when it does not fit a preconceived mental construct.....
Quantummist, you are truly a genius...great post!!!

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahahaha!
That's it? That's ALL you got???
Ok... I guess that's why Jesus told you to Love God, and Everyone else!
Come back when you got something!
You've presented nothing but copy-paste arguments of young Earth creationists and they all fit into two categories:

1. Unsupported assumptions that can neither be vindicated or disproved.
2. Testable conclusions that have already been disproved.

You've also shown no evidence to support the existence of God. It's quite convenient how your "proof" is personal experience that can't be shared with anyone (although real proof could be shared with everyone). Then again, there's no way you could prove the existence of a god, just as no one can disprove it. No one can disprove an unfalsifiable hypothesis, which is exactly what belief in a god is.

Given the fact that there is no evidence to support the existence of a god, that makes atheism the default position. Everyone is born atheist and has to be brainwashed into following religion.

The younger generations are less likely to believe in a god. There is so much information readily available present day, and it shows the youth how ridiculous your beliefs are. I think the more they see specific groups dehumanized (gays, atheists, etc.), and see these con-artists molest science (supporters of creationism/Intelligent Design, and YEC), the more likely they are to avoid religion.

Here is a depressing thought for everyone (except YAA because he won't agree/care): Think about how much time people like him have invested in researching arguments that tell them why they should believe what it is they already believe. Now think about the wealth of knowledge they would have if they invested that time in learning the actual information those arguments go against.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Foolish859 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you mean to tell me that someone actually acknowledged the fact that Hitler was a Christian. I am amazed!!!
I am just saying hitler used god to inspire the german people to help his cause, I have not researched hitlers personal beliefs.
Idiot Hater

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Foolish859 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you mean to tell me that someone actually acknowledged the fact that Hitler was a Christian. I am amazed!!!
Lest we forget the Ku Klux Klan are ferverent christians. The blacks and jews will not fill our schools as long as every white, christian, Anglo-Saxon one of us stands together!!!"
They even burn that most sacred of symbols, the cross, as a way to express their love for christianity as a burning beacon of hope to rally and welcome others to their cause. Right??
That's how it goes right??? Where does the bible condone and bless white sheet again?? That's a verse I always forget.
Idiot Hater

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You really know Nothing!
Come back when you have Something!
Preferably the truth... Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to!
Let me try saying those same words, but directed at you:

Come back when you have something! Preferably the truth...Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to!

Wow. That fits you as well.

WHY DOESN'T GOD HEAL AMPUTEES????????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"Gibson was blackballed by the jews for that film"
Yes he was... I'll let you figure out why!
Leave the Catholics, and molestation out of Christianity!
I know People are messed up, but that is why we NEED Christ!
Your religion can't just disown Catholics when they screw up, but include them when you are boosting your numbers. Doesn't work that way.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Foolish859 wrote:
<quoted text>Quantummist, you are truly a genius...great post!!!
Opinions Vary... But Thanx...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,261 - 77,280 of122,986
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pittsburg Discussions

Search the Pittsburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min freelancehobo 138,838
Feds Back Down From Bundy Siege 14 min Blue 282
Thompson's View On Marijuana 29 min Dawg 115
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 50 min 2twisted 795
Stewart Walker is a lowlife crook 1 hr What a crook 1
World War III ?? 1 hr S-F-I 60
What do UPS drivers make an hour? (Sep '11) 2 hr Big Ro 53
•••
•••
•••
Pittsburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters