No thanks Big M
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Disgusted

Herkimer, NY

#1 Jun 6, 2013
No thanks for the expired moldy bread that you wouldn't give me money back for that I purchased today. Gross. Can't wait for price chopper to be finished in little falls!
Why

Little Falls, NY

#2 Jun 7, 2013
Why wouldn't they give you you're money back?
whyyy

United States

#3 Jun 9, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
No thanks for the expired moldy bread that you wouldn't give me money back for that I purchased today. Gross. Can't wait for price chopper to be finished in little falls!
Why would you purchase expired, moldy bread?
welfare

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jun 9, 2013
the store cant refund you food stamp $, its against the law. all they can do is exchange the product.
new resident

Springfield, NJ

#5 Jun 10, 2013
Not a huge fan but one thing big m has always been good about is returning bad food. My brother got a really bad water melon from them before and they let him exchange no problem.
Here ya

North Creek, NY

#6 Jun 10, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
No thanks for the expired moldy bread that you wouldn't give me money back for that I purchased today. Gross. Can't wait for price chopper to be finished in little falls!
Seem to have an issue weighing cold cuts too... They like to add on more weight, which means you have to pay more. For sure, the people working there can't afford 10.00 a pound for ham.
Nick Licari

Newington, CT

#7 Jun 10, 2013
I usually don't waste my time on these mindless discussions, but this is my store. If anyone ever has any problem with any item in my store; I personally invite you to bring the problem to my attention. I guarantee you that I will do the best I can to rectify the problem. Please stop spreading nonsense.

Nicholas Licari
Owner - dolgeville big m
huh

North Creek, NY

#8 Jun 10, 2013
Nick Licari wrote:
I usually don't waste my time on these mindless discussions, but this is my store. If anyone ever has any problem with any item in my store; I personally invite you to bring the problem to my attention. I guarantee you that I will do the best I can to rectify the problem. Please stop spreading nonsense.
Nicholas Licari
Owner - dolgeville big m
It's as simple as this. If someone orders 1 pound of turkey for 9.95 a pound, it's crooked when your employees cut 1 pound and a few ounces because there to lazy to weigh it in between to see about where there at. It's not easy getting EXACTLY a pound, I understand that.. so you know what? Let them cut what they want, BUT punch in the machine 1 pound. So, the customer gets a little more, and there going to come back, unlike the customer who wants 1 pound for 9.95, but the sticker say's 11.15 because your employees don't care... That's what other deli's do!!! Try Hannaford or Wal-Mart. Both are top notch. So, stop letting them stick it to us, or good luck selling that stuff at your prices.
TuppDiddy

Little Falls, NY

#9 Jun 10, 2013
Nick Licari wrote:
I usually don't waste my time on these mindless discussions, but this is my store. If anyone ever has any problem with any item in my store; I personally invite you to bring the problem to my attention. I guarantee you that I will do the best I can to rectify the problem. Please stop spreading nonsense.
Nicholas Licari
Owner - dolgeville big m
Kudos Mr. Licari,
I shop in your store regularly.:)
wow

Altmar, NY

#10 Jun 10, 2013
hey huh. Please tell me you didn't graduate from St. J. You are an idiot. That GED didn't do you any favors. The bull$hit that oozes out of your mouth is why people and businesses don't bother to stay in St.J. Get off your computer in the middle of the day and get a friggin job!
Boom Town

North Creek, NY

#11 Jun 10, 2013
wow wrote:
hey huh. Please tell me you didn't graduate from St. J. You are an idiot. That GED didn't do you any favors. The bull$hit that oozes out of your mouth is why people and businesses don't bother to stay in St.J. Get off your computer in the middle of the day and get a friggin job!
People get a day off now and again you loser! I make more money than probably you and most of your family combined! I don't care who does and doesn't stay in St. Johnsville!??! Good bye
Local business owner

United States

#12 Jun 10, 2013
First you have to understand that the products they sell are NOT free to them. It's the same margin across the board. You're paying for the weight you receive. If you're limited to spending exactly $9.95 tell them that. As far as the bread is concerned, you're not being honest. It's either a failed scam or outright lie. My guess is you bought a ton of stuff on food stamps with the idea of returning them for cash later. No one buys bread then gets home and has it go moldy in an hour. Stop being childish. Support the local businesses and be thankful they are around.
dont try this at home

New Hartford, NY

#13 Jun 11, 2013
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
It's as simple as this. If someone orders 1 pound of turkey for 9.95 a pound, it's crooked when your employees cut 1 pound and a few ounces because there to lazy to weigh it in between to see about where there at. It's not easy getting EXACTLY a pound, I understand that.. so you know what? Let them cut what they want, BUT punch in the machine 1 pound. So, the customer gets a little more, and there going to come back, unlike the customer who wants 1 pound for 9.95, but the sticker say's 11.15 because your employees don't care... That's what other deli's do!!! Try Hannaford or Wal-Mart. Both are top notch. So, stop letting them stick it to us, or good luck selling that stuff at your prices.
I find it hard to believe that a manager would refuse to change out a loaf of moldy bread. and deli? if they ever when over on a cut for me, they allways ask me if thats ok? if you have ever had a job then you must have known what it's like to have to work under pressure and keep everybody happy. if you got pinned down for every imperfect thing you have done you probly wouldn't be here today.
lone ranger

Amsterdam, NY

#14 Jun 11, 2013
big m has far better meat than walmart. the prices are better and fresher. the people that work for a living appreciate the small town store that runs sales and cater to the locals. if your not happy, take your benefit card to herkimer.
witchiepoo

Fort Plain, NY

#15 Jun 11, 2013
If they cut more than you want,tell them you would rather have it under a pound. Plain and simple.
lima

Canajoharie, NY

#16 Jun 11, 2013
Exactly. It's not an exact science- so when they go over, they say, "I went over by a little, is that okay?", and if the customer says, "No," they remove a slice or two. So basically, "Here (do you mean 'hear'?) ya" and "huh" are full of sh#t. I'm sure it's the same person using two different names, anyway. Probably someone who Big M fired.
you dont want to know me

Whitesboro, NY

#17 Jun 12, 2013
all stores go over on the weights NOBODY can hit the perfect weight depends on the thickness of the slice and a lot of things you pay for what it weighs up the clerk dosent have control over the price if its to much than tell them dont bitch on here about it you probably ate the overage anyway by now
Disgusted

Herkimer, NY

#18 Jun 14, 2013
I actually paid with cash, that I worked for thank you very much. If it was free foodstamps I don't think I would care so much and the lady told me it must have not come from that store, or that I must have purchased it from an earlier date. And nick you are a bunch of bullshit. The store is disgusting, should have known better than to go in there in the first place, but I was in a hurry. I have had this problem with the milk before too, and got told some bullshit. & When I wrote the store, I got no where. Oh yeah, price chopper will be here soon enough! Can't wait!
Fool

Little Falls, NY

#20 Jun 15, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
I actually paid with cash, that I worked for thank you very much. If it was free foodstamps I don't think I would care so much and the lady told me it must have not come from that store, or that I must have purchased it from an earlier date. And nick you are a bunch of bullshit. The store is disgusting, should have known better than to go in there in the first place, but I was in a hurry. I have had this problem with the milk before too, and got told some bullshit. & When I wrote the store, I got no where. Oh yeah, price chopper will be here soon enough! Can't wait!
That is the most foolish thing. No one there would treat you like that.
tahdah

Herndon, VA

#21 Jun 15, 2013
I concur, Big M has cooperative, customer friendly people working there. If you received something you felt was sub-standard, they would have replaced it. Happened to me once with milk and they were more than willing to accomodate me. And it truly only happened once :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piseco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make Salisbury great again Jan 15 Revolution is my ... 1
puppies Jan 12 NoBackYardBreeding 2
sirens 1/11/17?? Jan 11 seeker 2
Who is going to be the new Super Jan 10 nina 16
Jen at Stewarts in Dolgeville Jan 9 Kim 4
Woman who jump bed to bed ...... Jan 8 fort plain hater 3
State St/RT 29 Bridge Jan 7 Tom 6

Piseco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Piseco Mortgages