Stoney Creek Community Center

Posted in the Piseco Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Enlighten Me

Little Falls, NY

#1 May 24, 2013
I am not here to create problems, I am only curious about what I just read in The Times. I see that Stony Creek Community Center has reached an ageement to lease the space that the Riverside Community Cafe last occupied. I support the mission of the Stoney Creek Community Center and think it will be a lovely asset to the community, but why are they leasing this space when they just purchased the two buildings across from the Lamberson Street intersection? Is it a temporary arrangement until the recently purchased buildings have been renovated?
thnder struck

Ilion, NY

#2 May 26, 2013
I don't know why hey would want a building at all. They have been using the school for free and charging people to do so.
clarification-

Syracuse, NY

#3 May 30, 2013
There will be a Golden Age Center in the old library that will cater to people of retirement age for thier socialization and enjoyment- Isn't that AWESOME!:)

Regarding the gym space at the school--- The school has many different groups that need that space and the community center did use it when it was available. The individuals were not charged to use that space but were charged to particpate in the Biggest Loser program-(which was the main group that needed the gym space at the school) If community people just wanted to come and work out, it cost them $5.00 for the workout that was led by personal trainers.(I don't know of many personal trainers that do classes for free... he's no different, although he has volunteered his time and services before)
Skunk Hollow

Little Falls, NY

#4 May 30, 2013
Are these "personal trainers" certified?
They were not suppose to charge for the workout!
Hey, what's up with the Board of Directors....a disagreement about finances? The only other man is now out? Do not disagree .....
The Truth Is

Syracuse, NY

#5 May 30, 2013
clarification- wrote:
There will be a Golden Age Center in the old library that will cater to people of retirement age for thier socialization and enjoyment- Isn't that AWESOME!:)
Regarding the gym space at the school--- The school has many different groups that need that space and the community center did use it when it was available. The individuals were not charged to use that space but were charged to particpate in the Biggest Loser program-(which was the main group that needed the gym space at the school) If community people just wanted to come and work out, it cost them $5.00 for the workout that was led by personal trainers.(I don't know of many personal trainers that do classes for free... he's no different, although he has volunteered his time and services before)
Always justifying, eh? You were called on the carpet by the Board of Education for this practice. Are you not aware of the fact that there are MANY very long time established local Seniors groups in existence? Tell us how they are going to use this leased space in any different way. As always, your puffed up arrogance and self proclaimed self importance are astounding.
Skunk Hollow

Little Falls, NY

#6 May 31, 2013
in other words the Personal Trainers were charging $5.00 a person for a space they were using for free, and for a class that they were teaching anyway

this group is actually taking away from groups that are already established: Violet Festival, East Canada Valley Vision, Senior Citizens...what is your f'in point egomaniac?
yep

Penn Yan, NY

#7 Jun 1, 2013
Skunk Hollow wrote:
Are these "personal trainers" certified?
They were not suppose to charge for the workout!
Hey, what's up with the Board of Directors....a disagreement about finances? The only other man is now out? Do not disagree .....
I don't think they are. I don't even think Bart is and doubt his boys are either when he has them lead workouts. Heard the same thing about the board having issues. That guy better make it very well known he isn't on the board to cover his ass. Was his position on the board finance? Bart was in trouble for insurance fraud in the past.
LOL

Darien, CT

#9 Jun 12, 2013
SORRY YOU PPL HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN COMPLAIN. SORRY YOUR LIFE IS THAT BORING AND OBVIOUSLY SUCKS...THAT'S WHY YOU ARE ON HERE CAUSING PROBLEMS RIGHT?!
Weed Whacker

Syracuse, NY

#10 Jun 13, 2013
LOL wrote:
SORRY YOU PPL HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN COMPLAIN. SORRY YOUR LIFE IS THAT BORING AND OBVIOUSLY SUCKS...THAT'S WHY YOU ARE ON HERE CAUSING PROBLEMS RIGHT?!
No, because we are all going to be laughing at you fools when your General and family pull up stakes and leave the area. Just like they have done before. He'll be leaving the whole mess in the able hands of the "Generalette" and her well connected family. Karma, baby! Wait for karma. Since when are big, fat, salt laden, white flour pretzels healthy food - as seen at the Violet Festival food booth? You are an amusing group to watch.
LOL

Medford, MA

#11 Jun 13, 2013
KARMA FOR WHAT GETTING HEALTHY AND TAKING CHARGE OF OUR LIVES? SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED A HOBBY.
tahdah

Herndon, VA

#12 Jun 14, 2013
Skunk Hollow wrote:
in other words the Personal Trainers were charging $5.00 a person for a space they were using for free, and for a class that they were teaching anyway
this group is actually taking away from groups that are already established: Violet Festival, East Canada Valley Vision, Senior Citizens...what is your f'in point egomaniac?
-Any numbskull with a high school diploma can take the course to be a trainer, one just has to pay for the course and the certification.
-The group is no longer allowed at the school because they didn't ask anyone to utilize the track. Kids that were unattended were on the football field.
-The next question to ask would be how is it nutrtion is being taught by someone that does not have a degree in Nutrition?
-Any questioning of the procedures and actions of the director and the facility puts people in a bad light to thier inner circle. Basically they position themselves among people who will assist them in holding more esteem in the community and everyone else is the bottom of the barrel.
boby joe

Ilion, NY

#13 Jun 16, 2013
It seems this group is trying to horde in on every event in Dolgeville. first the opening night of the Violet Festival with the biggest looser contest, witch by the way has nothing to do with the festival and second the Relay for life with there work out session. Anything to try to steal attention away to gain popularity and more would be clients. I can't help to wonder what Is going to happen to Bart when he has used up all he can from Dolgeville. What will happen to the church after he used all to fix it for him. will he sell it and run?
LMAO

Ilion, NY

#14 Jun 18, 2013
he has already used money for his liking first individual and then teams money team winners never got paid they didnt raise the money the dbl people did. he just takes what he wants including whatever is in the church others had to pay for the stuff they wanted. now unless you pay for a full membership you can't do anything with them poor ethics if you ask me equipment in gym is broke people are waking up some later then other soon there will be noone
Weed Whacker

Syracuse, NY

#15 Jun 18, 2013
Does "SC3" actually own the church property? Has the sale actually been completed?
wow

New Hartford, NY

#16 Jun 18, 2013
I can not believe people! If that's what you call yourselves! I can't believe you people have nothing better to do than bash someone who by the way is making a difference in a POSITIVE way! Is your life so pathetic that you have to trash someone on here and HIDE behind a fake name. So its SCF this week who's on your list next week? The lives that have been changed through his program (including mine)will be forever grateful! I never go on this page because its garbage! But this is just wrong, and your right "karma" is a bitch.... right back at YOU! My life has changed for the good... how about yours,you phatic soul!
yep

Penn Yan, NY

#17 Jun 18, 2013
wow wrote:
I can not believe people! If that's what you call yourselves! I can't believe you people have nothing better to do than bash someone who by the way is making a difference in a POSITIVE way! Is your life so pathetic that you have to trash someone on here and HIDE behind a fake name. So its SCF this week who's on your list next week? The lives that have been changed through his program (including mine)will be forever grateful! I never go on this page because its garbage! But this is just wrong, and your right "karma" is a bitch.... right back at YOU! My life has changed for the good... how about yours,you phatic soul!
Um yeah. Aren't you hiding behind a fake name yourself?
wow

New Hartford, NY

#18 Jun 18, 2013
That's right! I think this is wrong, and I don't want to become a part of the bashing on hear because I believe in this program. The way I see it if you don't want to be a part of it don't but don't go on here posting negative things that are hurtful and for what reason? No one has to participate if they don't want to so what's the problem, why does it bother you so much, the little money I paid was well worth and then some. I benefitted from the program and would do it again in a heartbeat or recommend it to anyone who wants a healthier life. I have my life back "finally" after struggling with my weight for many years. So you tell me.... what's wrong with that? Did it affect you? Your attacks to the program I take personal! Why can't the positive be seen, is it so bad people are out walking, running, and being involved in there community "some" of us are proud of where we come from...these postings though make us look like haters of our own community. Just like people supporting our football program, not everyone agrees, but people show up on sat. for the game, to support the kids...the school...our community.
Raphael

Little Falls, NY

#19 Jun 18, 2013
tahdah wrote:
<quoted text>
-Any numbskull with a high school diploma can take the course to be a trainer, one just has to pay for the course and the certification.
-The group is no longer allowed at the school because they didn't ask anyone to utilize the track. Kids that were unattended were on the football field.
-The next question to ask would be how is it nutrtion is being taught by someone that does not have a degree in Nutrition?
-Any questioning of the procedures and actions of the director and the facility puts people in a bad light to thier inner circle. Basically they position themselves among people who will assist them in holding more esteem in the community and everyone else is the bottom of the barrel.
Is that why they joined the Historical Society?
Raphael

Little Falls, NY

#20 Jun 18, 2013
This is what tahdah wrote in the other thread:

All I can say, after reading all the posts, is that some of you have made some valid points. I understand that people make mistakes in thier pasts as well. I don't know Bart well, but he was my trainer. I can say that, while in concept, the idea of a health program is a good one. The problems I ran into was in regard to the collection of money, constantly changing workouts, and the way he spoke to certain participants. Our community is not a wealthy one, and to raise money when the till is about empty is an uncomfortable task. Furthermore, the amount paid by participants should be more then enough. Then you had to deal with where the workouts were going to be held, and if you missed a post on the internet, you were poop out of luck. I also have heard Bart speak disparagingly to certain participants, which is detrimental to positive health in general. I can't look at his past, but I am not too impressed with his present. He would go on rants about gossip, integrity and forgiveness. Really? If you're so forgiving Bart why would you preach about gossip at workouts? If you're a forgiving person why would you bring it up? As far as integrity, look to yourself before you judge others. Work on consistancy and positivity, as that is the key to success. Who knows? Maybe after time people will learn to respect you.
yep

Penn Yan, NY

#21 Jun 19, 2013
wow wrote:
That's right! I think this is wrong, and I don't want to become a part of the bashing on hear because I believe in this program. The way I see it if you don't want to be a part of it don't but don't go on here posting negative things that are hurtful and for what reason? No one has to participate if they don't want to so what's the problem, why does it bother you so much, the little money I paid was well worth and then some. I benefitted from the program and would do it again in a heartbeat or recommend it to anyone who wants a healthier life. I have my life back "finally" after struggling with my weight for many years. So you tell me.... what's wrong with that? Did it affect you? Your attacks to the program I take personal! Why can't the positive be seen, is it so bad people are out walking, running, and being involved in there community "some" of us are proud of where we come from...these postings though make us look like haters of our own community. Just like people supporting our football program, not everyone agrees, but people show up on sat. for the game, to support the kids...the school...our community.
Good for you and getting your life back around. No one can take that away from you. But if your calling people out on hateful comments maybe you should just walk away because your just as in the wrong as the rest of us because your comments are coming across hateful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piseco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Football practice already Jun 20 How come 1
Motors Inn Jun 12 Realistic 17
News Traveling nurse cleared of stealing meds from W... (Dec '13) Jun 11 Smitty 4
burned down house Jun 11 Bobby Johnsen 52
News Decontamination stations open (Aug '15) Aug '15 djl 1
Ice conditions (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ice fishing 1
News Read Comments (Dec '12) Dec '12 Caught 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Piseco Mortgages