Next Last
killed

Ermine, KY

#1 Jun 13, 2012
what happment
Unknown

Whitesburg, KY

#2 Jun 13, 2012
Is spring branch in pine top? If so some Cornett boy shot and killed Donnie Gibson.....
omar

Pippa Passes, KY

#3 Jun 13, 2012
did somebody kill donnie gibson?
austin

Pippa Passes, KY

#4 Jun 13, 2012
Kentucky State Police say a man shot his girlfriend's father, just before 6:00am Wednesday, at a home on Spring Branch in the Pinetop community of Knott County.

Troopers say a preliminary investigation indicates 43-year-old Donnie Gibson of Pinetop went to his daughter’s home and confronted her boyfriend, 25-year-old Dillon Cornett. Police say it appears Gibson initiated an altercation with Cornett while inside the house.

Cornett reportedly got a gun and shot it in Gibson's direction. State Police say Gibson was hit and died at the scene.

No criminal charges have been filed at this time. State Police say the investigation is continuing, and will be presented to a Knott County Grand Jury.
bill

Pippa Passes, KY

#5 Jun 13, 2012
A family feud turned deadly on Wednesday when a man was shot and killed by his daughter's boyfriend.

The shooting happened on Spring Branch Road in the Pinetop Community of Knott County.

Police say the boyfriend, 25-year-old Dillon Cornett, claims he shot 43-year-old Donnie Gibson in self-defense.

Gibson's daughter says her dad kicked Cornett in the face with his steel toe boot and then lunged at him, which is when Cornett grabbed a gun and fired.

Police say that one person living in the house walked down the road to the neighbors house and told them to call 911.

By the time police arrived it was too late.

Gibson's daughter says her boyfriend and father always fought but she never thought their fighting would turn fatal
Christ saves

Nashville, TN

#6 Jun 13, 2012
Killing a man will be hard to justify, considering he was simply getting his butt kicked. But if the boot was in fact a steel-toe and if the man was kicking him in the head with it, then the self-defense claim might hold up in court, especially since the victim's daughter stated it was a steel-toe boot and that he was indeed kicking him in the head, which likely insinuates he was trying to kill the boyfriend. It will be an interesting trial to say the least.
to christ saves

Virgie, KY

#8 Jun 13, 2012
what would you do if soomeone came into your house and started beating your ass. im sure you wouldnt drop to your knees and pray for god to forgive him. if you do you are a idiot. no one would lay there and die, anyone expecting them too needs to have a mri because they have brain damage. there is only 2 things you can do when someone is trying to kill you, die or defend yourself however you have to. i dont know the full details im not saying who was right and wrong everyone needs to reach out too both families it is a tragedy on both ends
Christ saves

Nashville, TN

#9 Jun 13, 2012
to christ saves wrote:
what would you do if soomeone came into your house and started beating your ass. im sure you wouldnt drop to your knees and pray for god to forgive him. if you do you are a idiot. no one would lay there and die, anyone expecting them too needs to have a mri because they have brain damage. there is only 2 things you can do when someone is trying to kill you, die or defend yourself however you have to. i dont know the full details im not saying who was right and wrong everyone needs to reach out too both families it is a tragedy on both ends
Chill out brother, LOL. If you go back and re-read my last post (before this one), you will notice that I said the killing may very well be justified. I agree with you that if someone was kicking me (or you) in the head with a steel-toed boot, we would both probably shoot him too, if we had access to a gun. I sure wouldn't lay there and worry about going to jail if I shot him, because I'd rather save my own life.

So again I say, it will be a very interesting trial. One man is dead and the other is in jail. It will all come down the "self-defense" claim. If self-defense can be justified, then the guy will walk. If not, he will go to the big house. Time will tell:)

R I P Donnie

Hindman, KY

#11 Jun 13, 2012
If he hadn't been beating on his woman he wouldn't have had to worry bout getting his brains kicked out! That was why it started. The news don't tell that part.
Knows some details

Hindman, KY

#12 Jun 13, 2012
Actually he did not go the the house to defend his daughter, he went due to an incident involving a motorcycle. He went with the intentions of killing the boy and told him that's what he was there to do. All I ask is that people know the details before they start talking trash.
nosy

United States

#13 Jun 13, 2012
one drug head gone an one lives. both trash in my book & others to forwhat i hear. that is what drugs get ya.
Have some Respect

Hindman, KY

#14 Jun 13, 2012
First of all one man is dead and the other has to live with it.. Both have families that love them very much so when you get on here talking this garbage just remember that their families can get on here and read this.. And just for the record "self defense" is not just a made up term there is such a thing as self defense.. And you get on here so casually posting about how interesting it will be to watch this play out all I can say to anyone who finds this to be interesting is that you are simply ridiculous

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#15 Jun 13, 2012
to christ saves wrote:
I agree with the part that if somebody is trying to kill you then you gotta fight back. Everybody has the RIGHT to defend their self, especially in your own home !!!!
Woman of the House

Bolivar, MO

#16 Jun 13, 2012
I'm sad that a man died but IF he really did go into another another man's home and start beating him, he practically asked for what happened to him.
Woman of the House

Bolivar, MO

#17 Jun 13, 2012
I'm sad that a man died but IF he really did go into another man's home and start beating him, he practically asked for what happened to him.
george

Whitesburg, KY

#18 Jun 14, 2012
nosy wrote:
one drug head gone an one lives. both trash in my book & others to forwhat i hear. that is what drugs get ya.
foock u
george

Whitesburg, KY

#19 Jun 14, 2012
it was his daughters home..she called him because dillon was beating her and wdnt leave..hell yeah he kicked his ass...but anyone that knows donnie knows he cd never kill anyone...A 30 30 to the chest is insane..he was obviously outta harms way if he cd get a highpoered rifle then shoot him in the chest "after the altercation"...rip brother
what

Virgie, KY

#20 Jun 14, 2012
i heard the cops declared it self defence.if dillon was in her home beating her and more or less holding her against her will and and donnie was defending his daughter. if the fight was over and he was out of harms way. the cops wouldnt have declared it self defence and released him. the length of a gun barrel dont mean you are out of harms way if the guy is still comming at you. if dillon was beating her he needed his ass kicked
killed

Ermine, KY

#21 Jun 14, 2012
well if he was beating her lke ever bodys say then why is he not in jail ove that
RIP

Pikeville, KY

#22 Jun 14, 2012
what wrote:
i heard the cops declared it self defence.if dillon was in her home beating her and more or less holding her against her will and and donnie was defending his daughter. if the fight was over and he was out of harms way. the cops wouldnt have declared it self defence and released him. the length of a gun barrel dont mean you are out of harms way if the guy is still comming at you. if dillon was beating her he needed his ass kicked
The way the news stated it,he isnt in jail an they have filed no charges,but really,did it take killing a man ????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pippa Passes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
paw paw trees 1 hr Georgia Peach 2
who is the biggest guy in wayland with the litt... (Jun '10) 1 hr Meth pipe 27
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Justified Justice 167,810
John Hicks going through another divorce 17 hr One that got away 5
McDowell elementary school Thu Chris 14
rotten teeth is Kayla Thu Puppet 9
funeral homes Wed josh 3

Pippa Passes Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pippa Passes Mortgages