Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

AtLast A question

Honolulu, HI

#231194 Jun 20, 2014
Sally s Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
SO, are you for christ or not? Are you for Cheney, or not? What of this ported patty thing? Are you in our Teaparty? I guess so, but you are not on all the talking points...please see the bulletin on the talking points and stay on the talking points as they are the talking points to talk about on them.
Good to hear You speak clearly and make a clear and reasonable request, TeaParty or not - YOU'RE O. K. Some of the posts have been confusing, others have been ongoing conversations between rivals as well as allies. They are rabble-rowsing to stimulate a response - AND WHAT A RESPONSE! I have detected something in the 'numbers' referred to in other posts: a lot of the references to Christian affiliation or 'God's chillun' are associated with - and in response to - accusations of shall we say "sexual immorality"
ALL OF THIS is NOT the beautiful Christianity I've been lucky enough to see.
If you don't know about the porta-potty, you really don't want to.
ALWAYS ATTEND YOUR CHILDREN IN PUBLIC RESTROOMS
That is all
run wilders

Covina, CA

#231195 Jun 20, 2014
And when the crazy's get going they run wild.
ThingsAsTheyAreN OW

Honolulu, HI

#231197 Jun 20, 2014
From The Civic Rights Litigation Clearinghouse
University of Michigan Law School

Case Name Hollingsworth v. Perry PB-CA-0029
Docket / Court 3:09-cv-02292-VRW ( N.D. Cal.)
State/Territory California
Case Type(s) Public Benefits / Government Services
Case Summary

On May 22, 2009, two same-sex couples who had been denied marriage licenses in California filed a lawsuit under 42 U.S.C.§ 1983 against the State of California in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, San Francisco Division. The plaintiffs, represented by private counsel, asked the court for declaratory and injunctive relief, alleging a Fourteenth Amendment violation. Specifically, the plaintiffs claimed that California, by amending its constitution in 2008 to once again limit marriage to opposite-sex couples, had violated the due process and equal protection clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment.

On December 7, 2012, the Supreme Court granted certiorari, agreeing to review the case. The court ordered briefing on two questions on review:(1) whether the Equal Protection Clause makes unconstitutional California's definition of marriage as available only to different sex couples, and (2) whether the backers of Proposition 8 have standing to appeal the 9th Circuit decision striking it down.

On June 26, 2013, in an opinion by Chief Justice Roberts (joined by Justices Scalia, Ginsburg, Breyer, and Kagan), the Supreme Court found that nobody with standing to appeal had, in fact, appealed the district court ruling, and accordingly vacated that decision. This left in place the district court's decision striking Prop 8 down -- so same-sex marriage is legal is California.

Christopher Schad - 12/07/2012
Margo Schlanger - 06/26/2013*
JUST NOW checked this - 06/20/2014, 5:07 pm

NOTHING HAS CHANGED since 6/26/13* it's OVER.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#231199 Jun 20, 2014
Sgt Peppers wrote:
Go Bruins. United Corksoakers Lesbians Aholes
Oh Sargie, I like that one. The fellas and I will have to try the corksoaking in our Friday (tonight) hot tub get-togethers in Manhattan Beach CA. Coincidently, that is where all those hunky L.A. Kings players live :)

You may remember the Kings. They were those nasty fellas that KABOOMED the New Jersey Devils two years ago and again the New York Rangers this season. Sorry my friend, at least you still have the Yankees back there to root for ;)

Go Bruins, Go Kings! Sometimes being pompous, tan, and warm has our rewards!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#231200 Jun 20, 2014
ThingsAsTheyAreNOW wrote:
From The Civic Rights Litigation Clearinghouse
University of Michigan Law School
Case Name Hollingsworth v. Perry PB-CA-0029
Docket / Court 3:09-cv-02292-VRW ( N.D. Cal.)
State/Territory California
Case Type(s) Public Benefits / Government Services
Case Summary
On May 22, 2009, two same-sex couples who had been denied marriage licenses in California filed a lawsuit under 42 U.S.C.§ 1983 against the State of California in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, San Francisco Division. The plaintiffs, represented by private counsel, asked the court for declaratory and injunctive relief, alleging a Fourteenth Amendment violation. Specifically, the plaintiffs claimed that California, by amending its constitution in 2008 to once again limit marriage to opposite-sex couples, had violated the due process and equal protection clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment.
On December 7, 2012, the Supreme Court granted certiorari, agreeing to review the case. The court ordered briefing on two questions on review:(1) whether the Equal Protection Clause makes unconstitutional California's definition of marriage as available only to different sex couples, and (2) whether the backers of Proposition 8 have standing to appeal the 9th Circuit decision striking it down.
On June 26, 2013, in an opinion by Chief Justice Roberts (joined by Justices Scalia, Ginsburg, Breyer, and Kagan), the Supreme Court found that nobody with standing to appeal had, in fact, appealed the district court ruling, and accordingly vacated that decision. This left in place the district court's decision striking Prop 8 down -- so same-sex marriage is legal is California.
Christopher Schad - 12/07/2012
Margo Schlanger - 06/26/2013*
JUST NOW checked this - 06/20/2014, 5:07 pm
NOTHING HAS CHANGED since 6/26/13* it's OVER.
Please fella, I didn't get past Clearinghouse :/

Your post looks like the fine print at the bottom of the cable bill. And frankly, who the hell reads that :/

Go Bruins! Time to play, not read a four page essay!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
startngToLookBet ter

Honolulu, HI

#231201 Jun 20, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Please fella, I didn't get past Clearinghouse :/
Your post looks like the fine print at the bottom of the cable bill. And frankly, who the hell reads that :/
Go Bruins! Time to play, not read a four page essay!
WTF ARE you doing at UCLA?
Those feW paragraphs are the CORE of the California Prop. 8 ban on same-sex marriage debate AND the F*CKING LAW of the land in the State of California
RIGHT NOW @ 5:56 PM, FRIDAY, JUNE 20, The Year of Our Lord 2014

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
UCLAindeed

Honolulu, HI

#231202 Jun 20, 2014
NOT impressed.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#231203 Jun 20, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Sargie, I like that one. The fellas and I will have to try the corksoaking in our Friday (tonight) hot tub get-togethers in Manhattan Beach CA. Coincidently, that is where all those hunky L.A. Kings players live :)
You may remember the Kings. They were those nasty fellas that KABOOMED the New Jersey Devils two years ago and again the New York Rangers this season. Sorry my friend, at least you still have the Yankees back there to root for ;)
Go Bruins, Go Kings! Sometimes being pompous, tan, and warm has our rewards!
esy pee wee, LA has a history of low attendance. they can't even support a football team.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
FREE TUITION

Honolulu, HI

#231204 Jun 20, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Please fella, I didn't get past Clearinghouse :/
Your post looks like the fine print at the bottom of the cable bill. And frankly, who the hell reads that :/
Go Bruins! Time to play, not read a four page essay!
http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.php...
Get yourself a REAL education at the University of Life, child. Playtime is over for the Bruins if THIS is the best they can do.
I don't have time for a moron up to his BUTT-F*CK in debt for that impressive education.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#231205 Jun 20, 2014
Come on Pete. If you said you played drop the soap with Richard Simmons I could believe you. But the Kings?

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
HidngHitlerCrouc hngPrvrt

Honolulu, HI

#231207 Jun 20, 2014
O K all you little HITLERs, you j*ck-off f*cks.
you're too cowardly or stupid to post so
KKKeep throwing nuts n froot and get your feak-army to help you 'cuz you're usin both hands in the TEA Room for something you HATE yourself for.
HidngHitlerCrouc hngPrvrt

Honolulu, HI

#231208 Jun 20, 2014
YOU REALLY need the free tuition
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#231209 Jun 20, 2014
Hitler? Who's she? I've heard of Eva Schickelgrubber.
its true

Honolulu, HI

#231210 Jun 20, 2014
Ok, I Swear to GOD I just heard this on Bill Maher:
BEARS GIVE HEAD.
7:34 PM
RunForYourLfe

Honolulu, HI

#231211 Jun 20, 2014
Stay OUT of the campground
LifeDontWork

Covina, CA

#231212 Jun 20, 2014
Life Don't Work Like That Any More.
DoNot f EEdThBears

Honolulu, HI

#231213 Jun 20, 2014
I"m NOT going back in there
DoNot f EEdThBears

Honolulu, HI

#231214 Jun 20, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Please fella, I didn't get past Clearinghouse :/
Your post looks like the fine print at the bottom of the cable bill. And frankly, who the hell reads that :/
Go Bruins! Time to play, not read a four page essay!
I took a picture of this with a snippit tool so this can be seen by ALL in its true context.
When the UCLA school administrators see your response to these THREE paragraphs below the words "case summary" they're gonna BEG you to pleeeease SHUT THE F*CK UP or just STOP mentioning UCLA.
AS of NOW

Honolulu, HI

#231215 Jun 20, 2014
PEE PEE PETE could REALLY use that "handy dandy delete button".
(quote by Covina
Life slides this way

Covina, CA

#231217 Jun 20, 2014
Life Don't Work Like That Any More, don't yeah think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pioneertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yucca Valley Music Emporium (Oct '12) 4 hr Musikologist 13
Beware of Kenn Grey 14 hr Da Truth 2
facetime? (gay guys only) (Jul '11) Jul 21 Paul 22
universal covenant ministries? (Sep '07) Jul 20 Yolanda perez 4
News Code enforcement using new citation and collect... (Feb '10) Jul 18 Piece of meass 20
News Ex-sheriff's deputy suspected of having sex wit... Jul 11 Kevin from Michigan 1
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Jul 11 Lvdv 4,833

Pioneertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pioneertown Mortgages