Pioneertown Residents Return To Rubble

Pioneertown Residents Return To Rubble

There are 13 comments on the KCBS-TV Los Angeles story from Jul 13, 2006, titled Pioneertown Residents Return To Rubble. In it, KCBS-TV Los Angeles reports that:

PIONEERTOWN, Calif. Rex Davis dug through the remains of his desert getaway Thursday, knowing his 1926 Buick, new Mercedes SLR convertible, childhood stamp collection and large collection of old jukeboxes were ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBS-TV Los Angeles.

MrBill

United States

#1 Jul 14, 2006
Did he save his coon-skin cap?
Abby

Horsham, PA

#2 Jul 14, 2006
Anyone know what is going on in Morongo Valley area?
Robbi

Alhambra, CA

#3 Jul 14, 2006
My son-in-law went back home there to get a visual, as they had evacuated last night. Dying winds overnight helped abate the damage, but as usual winds usually come up during the day and especially the afternoon.
Firefighters had bulldozed the foothill area, and at this point the residential area had no losses as of this morning. I have no further update. The concern seems to be focused on Big Bear, which lies about 13 miles above yesterday's fire path.????
Mr Bill with suffer

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jul 14, 2006
Mr. Bill in Boston, you will suffer a sad fate. Compassion is king.
PAZZ

Patterson, CA

#5 Jul 14, 2006
MrBill wrote:
There is not many things as devastating as losing your home and life's belongings to a wildfire. My brother returned to Pioneer town to find his house intact, many of his neighbors were not so lucky. Mr. Bill, your relocating to about 500 miles east of Boston would certainly improve the neighborhood.
Don

Portland, OR

#6 Jul 14, 2006
What about the town?
My brother was married in the Red Dog Saloon just a couple of weeks ago. We stayed in the Pioneertown Hotel.
Cheryl- Tracy Ca

Stockton, CA

#7 Jul 14, 2006
How devastating of a loss this is. I have so many fond memories of Yucca Valley as I spendt all of my child hood summers there. My dad, who just retired from YV fire dept, said this is the worst he has seen in Yucca. My prayers go out to everyone, God Bless
PAZZ

Patterson, CA

#8 Jul 14, 2006
There seems to be solid reports that Pappy and Harriet's will be soon continuing a Long standing tradition of serving good brews, good times and good music. A lot of desolation in the neighborhood though.
Bresden is a Sellout

United States

#9 Jul 14, 2006
I HAVE AN IDEAL, LET PHIL BRESDEN AND HIS ILLEGAL TENNESSEE IMMIGRANTS COME OUT TO ASSIST WITH THE WILDFIRE. BRESDEN SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR BRINGING ALL THOSE ILLEGALS OVER TO TENNESSEE. THIS GOVERNOR IS A DANGEROUS MAN, MORE DANGEROUS THAN RAY BLANTON EVER WAS. PEOPLE IF IT SAYS ILLEGAL, THEN IT IS ILLEGAL MEANING AGAINST THE U.S. LAW. HELLOOOOO
PAZZ

United States

#10 Jul 14, 2006
Bresden is a Sellout wrote:
I HAVE AN IDEAL, LET PHIL BRESDEN AND HIS ILLEGAL TENNESSEE IMMIGRANTS COME OUT TO ASSIST WITH THE WILDFIRE. BRESDEN SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR BRINGING ALL THOSE ILLEGALS OVER TO TENNESSEE. THIS GOVERNOR IS A DANGEROUS MAN, MORE DANGEROUS THAN RAY BLANTON EVER WAS. PEOPLE IF IT SAYS ILLEGAL, THEN IT IS ILLEGAL MEANING AGAINST THE U.S. LAW. HELLOOOOO

My Dear, Their cousins and cousins - cousins are already here, some were here when we got here. But the foods good though. Buenos dios mi hermanos.
Ron D

San Antonio, TX

#11 Jul 15, 2006
MrBill wrote:
MrBill,
You probably don't understand, but those items were keepsakes
from a number of different phases of his life.
Did anyone ever tell you that you're a sarcastic idiot? If not,
let this be the first time.
MrBill

United States

#12 Jul 19, 2006
Mr Bill with suffer wrote:
Mr. Bill in Boston, you will suffer a sad fate. Compassion is king.
I suffer every day, thank you.
Patterson, CA

#13 Jul 19, 2006
MrBill wrote:
<quoted text>
I suffer every day, thank you.
Justice is served.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pioneertown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
37641 Peacock Circle Ranch Mirage Ca 92270 18 hr Funny 4
Kenn Gray looking for new house 18 hr Funny 11
Kenn/Korrie Fri Agree 2
Ken gray is a fake Thu Colombo 5
Kenn Gray Moffitt deadbeat run out town Dec 14 Sad 6
Poor Korrie Dec 13 Curious 12
Kenn headed back to Palm Springs Dec 12 curious 4

Pioneertown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance