San Bernardino gears up to celebrate ...

San Bernardino gears up to celebrate 200th birthday

There are 7 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Dec 31, 2009, titled San Bernardino gears up to celebrate 200th birthday. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

It was in 1810, according to the commonly accepted history, that a Spanish priest named Francisco Dumetz traveled to the valley where the city now stands and gave the land the name it carries to this day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

SB resident

Riverside, CA

#1 Dec 31, 2009
All we need is a dead body with a sparkler on top, that just about sums up San bernardino and what it has become!
keepin it real

Victorville, CA

#2 Dec 31, 2009
the guy that named San Bernardino never imagined what a dump it would become.
jesse

Banning, CA

#3 Jan 1, 2010
Congratulations to City of San Bernardino, it will get better. ie; open up the airport, build a new civic center, open up that bus station, clean up those cutters,clean up those parks, and most of all if you are having plant a tree in S.B., please after you plant them WATER THEM look at Baseline ave with all their dead trees and those road islands on Waterman Ave etc.* you are getting as bad as CALTRANS, they plant an never do maintenance or water them, check out the Ceder ave, Riverside ave, 210 between 5th st and Highland ave. an I don't want to hear they have know $$$$$$$$$ have you follwed up on the WASTE on building the NEW San Francisco/Bay bridge. thats it my fingers are tired. GOOD LUCK!
Say What

Palmdale, CA

#4 Jan 1, 2010
jesse wrote:
Congratulations to City of San Bernardino, it will get better. ie; open up the airport, build a new civic center, open up that bus station, clean up those cutters,clean up those parks, and most of all if you are having plant a tree in S.B., please after you plant them WATER THEM look at Baseline ave with all their dead trees and those road islands on Waterman Ave etc.* you are getting as bad as CALTRANS, they plant an never do maintenance or water them, check out the Ceder ave, Riverside ave, 210 between 5th st and Highland ave. an I don't want to hear they have know $$$$$$$$$ have you follwed up on the WASTE on building the NEW San Francisco/Bay bridge. thats it my fingers are tired. GOOD LUCK!
You can sugar coat it however you want but it's still wall to wall peasant mexicans sucking the life out it.
Just Some Guy

San Bernardino, CA

#5 Jan 1, 2010
200 years of noteriety.... heres to another 200 years!!!
whatmeworry

Downey, CA

#6 Jan 1, 2010
Perhaps the fine citizens of San Born-in-a-pueblo will take a day off from toiling in line at the welfare and WIC offices to celebrate their reclaiming of the valley for mexico. Then in a stunning gesture of friendship, fly back over the border like the locusts they are.

I wouldn't drive ten feet to see any of the B>S> festivities planned in that craphole of a city.
Born in SB

Van Nuys, CA

#7 Jan 2, 2010
At least Jesse had some suggestions, and not just a blast of racist hate speach.
I was born at the County hospital on Gilbert street and grew up in S.B.
Those in charge of our once "All American City" have let us down, and those who live here haven't done any better.
It's easy to sit back and pour out negative judgement on what caused a wreck....it's very difficult to help fix what's broken.
If you all choose to not be part of a solution, don't be so quick to damn those stuck in the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pioneer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremiah Barrett Apr 24 Jon 3
News California Courier Online, April 14, 2016 Apr 13 Big Bear 1
Rail Road Flat Store (Oct '08) Mar '16 unbiased101 73
can anyone help me find..... Jan '16 purple917 1
its hot in here Jan '16 Switch 1
News Butte Fire Day Three: Evacuations Remain (Sep '15) Sep '15 Darlene Miller 2
White plastic tag (Aug '15) Aug '15 1134_Somerset 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pioneer Mortgages