Silver City and Deming Events

Oct 27, 2011 Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News 9

Mimbres Farmers' Market will take place from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. today at the Mimbres Valley Roundup Lodge, 94 Aklin Hill Road.

Full Story
lacking info

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Oct 29, 2011
Silver always has something going on. Wonder why Deming doesn't. Every time I read this section in the paper I hardly ever see anything going on in Deming.
Lorina

AOL

#2 Oct 29, 2011
Try reading "The Desert Exposure". There's stuff goes on in Deming a lot more often than it appears. PS 'The Desert Exposure' also has events going on around Las Cruces, as well. This is a nice little paper, also found online. You should check it out.

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#3 Oct 29, 2011
How's the climate in Silver City ?
Lorina

AOL

#4 Oct 30, 2011
Weather wise, cool most the day, maybe this week a little warmer. Try watching KRQE weather report.
People wise, crazy as always.
The leaves are turning, the air is dry, today was beautiful,
No rain predicted for this week.
Have a great day!

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#5 Oct 30, 2011
Lorina wrote:
Weather wise, cool most the day, maybe this week a little warmer. Try watching KRQE weather report.
People wise, crazy as always.
The leaves are turning, the air is dry, today was beautiful,
No rain predicted for this week.
Have a great day!
Think I'll stay in ABQ. I was just surprised to see Silver City here.
lacking info

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Oct 31, 2011
Lorina wrote:
Try reading "The Desert Exposure". There's stuff goes on in Deming a lot more often than it appears. PS 'The Desert Exposure' also has events going on around Las Cruces, as well. This is a nice little paper, also found online. You should check it out.
Maybe better PR work is needed in Deming to get their events and happenings put out there. Silver seems to be doing a good job of putting their info out there.
demings reputation

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Oct 31, 2011
lacking info wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe better PR work is needed in Deming to get their events and happenings put out there. Silver seems to be doing a good job of putting their info out there.
Siver City or Deming? Do the math .... Silver City is always going to be way more attractive to people than Deming. Honestly Deming is known for ''Pancho Villa, gun smuggling , gangs, murder,and drug busts''. The schools are rated number 49 in the state only one school is worse.
The chamber awards people who steal from others , sell drugs, and run guns and steal autos. Deming has a lot to over come before its considered a place to spend your hard earned money in, let alone a place to take your children to.
Lorina

AOL

#8 Oct 31, 2011
The Denny's in Deming has a good Talipia dinner plate. I remember when Deming was real rough and tumble back in the 1980's. Heard it's always been a rough and tumble kind of place. I recollect coming back from Palomas one time before 9-11 and just as we got to the turn behind the courthouse park, there was a SWAT team attending to a bank robbery. What a place. We did NOT hang around to get chow to go as we had previously planned to do. Deming does have some great old neon signs though. They should promote that.
work cohesively

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Nov 1, 2011
demings reputation wrote:
<quoted text>
Siver City or Deming? Do the math .... Silver City is always going to be way more attractive to people than Deming. Honestly Deming is known for ''Pancho Villa, gun smuggling , gangs, murder,and drug busts''. The schools are rated number 49 in the state only one school is worse.
The chamber awards people who steal from others , sell drugs, and run guns and steal autos. Deming has a lot to over come before its considered a place to spend your hard earned money in, let alone a place to take your children to.
Silver has its share of bad things like crime, gangs, murders, etc. But Silver does a way better job than Deming in promoting their positive side, like promoting "ALL" the events they have in the media relentlessly. They have also been working more cohesively within their community for many years. Unfortunately Deming has been in the media more negatively than positively. Its up to the city's leadership, county leadership, chamber, civic organizations, main street, and the entire community to work together and promote the city in a much more positive and successful way. Develop "Team work" rather than "my way or the highway attitude". The Desert Exposure, The Pulse, The Ink, The Roundup are just a few other publications they could advertise in to get their happenings out there. I know much more happens there but they don't advertise it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 37 min Frijoles 69,357
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 12 Insect Trust 28
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 11 FEDUPw-dumb-mean-... 45
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 5 Yes 11
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Sep 5 Raquel Placencio 7
Review: High Country Collision Specialist Jul '14 Jeff 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Grant County was issued at September 16 at 4:13AM MDT

•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••