Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,105
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73284 May 7, 2014
former res wrote:
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 08:50 AM EDT
Same with yoga. Just stretch your muscles in a quiet place and save your money!
Anyone serious into Yoga stretching will practice at home every day for free, and then only goto classes maybe once a week. The people with the 100 dollar yoga pants who go more than that miss the point. Myself, even when I used to practice it, I always preferred doing it at home where I could take my time. Ironically, most classes rush through the exercises....

Location hidden

#73285 May 7, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave it the time it deserved. Where would you have had me take this time from? Running down my alcohol consumptions patterns for Apu?
:)
Nothing proved either way, as usual.
<quoted text>
I do that too - religion.
Very few folks would appreciate these differences.
I was playing Archie Bunker. Don't pay any attention to him.
Actually there are loads of data indicating that mindfullness meditation leads to pain relief (for the reasons I mentioned before).

Also a new meta-study came out this week regarding smoking cessation. Looked at accupuncture, meditation (several types), nicotine patch, and hypnosis. They found that none of these techniques alone had any higher level of cessation than control, HOWEVER, those that did 2 or more techniques together DID have a higher level of cessation.

What I find interesting is that normally even in drug studies, they rarely consider synergy. Yet this study did and had findings.... makes us wonder about our normal drug trial model...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#73286 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.
But, same sex attraction is abnormal.
Blue eyes are abnormal.

North Hollywood, CA

#73287 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
So, tell; me about your educational qualifications....

GFY.

North Hollywood, CA

#73288 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but does color of the iris impair vision? LOL.
Does same sex attraction impair vision? LOLSER

North Hollywood, CA

#73289 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
A straight person may be sterile for whatever reason or he may refrain from procreation if he so wishes to but his sexual orientation is not warped and he has females on his mind all throughout which is the way it should be.
The problem with gays like you is that you're attracted to members of the same sex which is abnormal.
Do you earn a living by selling your body in gay bars, homo? LOL.
No matter how much you babble, you're an idiot who has homosexuality and sterility confused.
Gay people can and do reproduce.
I'm straight. Damn, you can't get anything right. LOLSER!

North Hollywood, CA

#73290 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I pity the lesbian prostitute.
Firstly, the brainless bitch is abnormal in her sexual orientation and secondly she needs to sell her wares in gay bars to make two ends meet.
Yuck!
You are no more a yogi than I am center for the Clippers.

North Hollywood, CA

#73291 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I am feeling sad again.
LOL!
Good!
But, don't kill yourself, that would end your suffering.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
To cheer up, I may go sit in the Sea Lounge in the Taj at my favorite window table facing the wharf sipping on a Cafe Viennois and later may stop at the trendy Melange to pick up some pure linen shirts.
BFD.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73292 May 7, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there are loads of data indicating that mindfullness meditation leads to pain relief (for the reasons I mentioned before).
Also a new meta-study came out this week regarding smoking cessation. Looked at accupuncture, meditation (several types), nicotine patch, and hypnosis. They found that none of these techniques alone had any higher level of cessation than control, HOWEVER, those that did 2 or more techniques together DID have a higher level of cessation.
What I find interesting is that normally even in drug studies, they rarely consider synergy. Yet this study did and had findings.... makes us wonder about our normal drug trial model...
Could be correlation more than causation. In that one who does more than one technique is more motivated in the first place to quit smoking.

Also I do believe in the mind over matter thing, as in biofeedback. Mind control in general more so than meditation per se (or it's one and the same). One can lower his heartbeat, b/p etc so I would think it could work for pain control as well. Last 2 filling repairs, I skipped the Novocain..(Tough guy!:)) Not really.

Synergy works with some drug combos. One can drug can "potentiate" the effect of another. Some accidental overdoses are due to these interactions. And some benefits, pain control etc

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73293 May 7, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Campari sounds sweet so not sure about that. Vodka mixes with anything so is ok but I don't drink a lot of the "hard stuff.' Occasional martini/mojito/rum&coke etc....
Campari is a liqueur.

Cut down on your drinks.

It damages the brain/liver.

Location hidden

#73294 May 7, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

How about you? Is alcohol ok with your yoga program? I thought you abstained?
Even if I want to have a drink, I can't since my nervous system has become so super-sensitive that alcohol will damage my nerves and bring about tremors.

With me, the Yoga involves getting direct experiences on the various planes of consciousness and at all times the Higher Force of Consciousness hovers over me, envelops me or it often enters into any of the force centers in my body opening it up which leads to all kinds of psi experiences.

With each dynamic descent of the Higher Force into my body from the planes that lie above the head, my body gets a little more transformed....

I have been spontaneously seeing the inner lights and hearing the subtle sounds since age 4 and know some of my previous births....

Anyway, you stay focused on fun, games, sex, booze, insentience and saving up money for a holiday.

Location hidden

#73295 May 7, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't forget I'm old now.

I know that you're not the 2000 year old Great Yogi, Babaji, who inhabits the Himalayas but who can manifest his body anywhere and who has attained to physical invincibility and to physical immortality via supramentalization - a rare yogic feat.

Paramhans Yogananda has a full chapter devoted to his meetings with this 2000 year old immortal and highly reclusive yogi (Babaji) in his famous book - An Autobiography of a Yogi.

Location hidden

#73296 May 7, 2014
Hand churned musk melon ice-cream with vegetarian gelatin (agar agar) (from Soam opposite the Shiva Temple at Babulnath in South Mumbai) tastes great on a hot summer's day. Soam is a hip vegetarian standalone restaurant here. In some ways, Govinda, the vegetarian restaurant run by the International Society of Krishna Consciousness, is better. Govinda serves delicious veg food. It reminds me of the Hiltl in Zurich, another great veg restaurant serving international vegetarian fare.

Location hidden

#73297 May 8, 2014
With all due respect,! Do you guys and gals think you could possibly know the Alpha and Omega? I don't think so.. Ya'll not even close.. Just mumbo jumbo, from hypocrites . Fact check- love and charity, is what you should study in depth.. Greed as to who is wiser makes you lose your crown.. Please don't look up, the sky is falling,,.

Location hidden

#73299 May 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
and at all times the Higher Force of Consciousness hovers over me, envelops me or it often enters into any of the force centers in my body opening it up which leads to all kinds of psi experiences.
With each dynamic descent of the Higher Force into my body from the planes that lie above the head, my body gets a little more transformed....
Sounds pretty darn monotheistic to me

My God is named hashem, your God is named Higher Force of Consciousness

You say tomayto, I say tomahto..

Location hidden

#73300 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Sounds pretty darn monotheistic to me

Not at all.

At all times I am the Higher Consciousness in the essence except that in the course of the manifested that true inner nature of mine has gotten obscured..

in other words, I am a manifest form of the Higher Consciousness but in the cosmic manifestation I have forgotten my true identity which is that of the Higher Consciousness which I am in the essence.

Spatiotemporal factors, karma, heredity, upbringing, education, sensuality and other forms of interference - the Maya - have smothered my true nature and so by taking to the Yoga all that I am doing is simply uncovering my true nature which is that of the Higher Consciousness which I am at all times - it is just that I am taking away all the obstructing layers that have covered my true Divine nature.

Location hidden

#73301 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

My God is named hashem, your God is named Higher Force of Consciousness
HaShem is simply a typal being - one out of many such competing typal beings - of the Vital Plane (3rd-4th planes of the cosmic hierarchy).

The Ultimate Reality is the Pure Consciousness with its innate Pure Energy Field that transcends the whole Cosmic/Supracosmic Manifestation and is besides the source of the whole Manifestation (which includes HaShem, the rivals of HaShem and us).

Location hidden

#73302 May 8, 2014
REALITY

The most advanced yogis say that there exist 21 cosmic planes with multiple subplanes making up each cosmic plane.

At the head of the 21st cosmic plane stands the Cosmic Self which takes on both cosmic as well as individualized aspects.

Beyond the Cosmic Self lie the numerous realms of the supracosmic manifestation leading directly to the Ultimate Reality - the source of Pure Consciousness with its inherent field of Pure Energy.

Gods, devils, angels and the asuras belong to the lower cosmic planes, while impersonal typal principles dominate the higher planes.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73303 May 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Campari is a liqueur.
Cut down on your drinks.
It damages the brain/liver.
Your reading comprehension skills are lacking, young troubled lad.

I stated I drink very little these days.

You are the one who brought the subject up.

I probably average fewer than 2 drinks or beers or wines per month.

BTW how is your health these days?

Location hidden

#73304 May 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
HaShem is simply a typal being - one out of many such competing typal beings - of the Vital Plane (3rd-4th planes of the cosmic hierarchy).
The Ultimate Reality is the Pure Consciousness with its innate Pure Energy Field that transcends the whole Cosmic/Supracosmic Manifestation and is besides the source of the whole Manifestation (which includes HaShem, the rivals of HaShem and us).
Yet you conceptualize it as an external descending force

Like I said, you say tomato, I say tomato..

Do you see yourself as an altar boy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mimbres area Fri Wherda 2
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Oct 21 silly12 6
A Possible Situation? Oct 13 yankeedudell 3
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct 13 yankeedudell 47
Forgery Cover up by GCSO Oct 13 Nick Jonas 2
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 29 Insect Trust 32
Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match

Pinos Altos Jobs