Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72036 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

former res

Cheshire, CT

#73292 May 7, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there are loads of data indicating that mindfullness meditation leads to pain relief (for the reasons I mentioned before).
Also a new meta-study came out this week regarding smoking cessation. Looked at accupuncture, meditation (several types), nicotine patch, and hypnosis. They found that none of these techniques alone had any higher level of cessation than control, HOWEVER, those that did 2 or more techniques together DID have a higher level of cessation.
What I find interesting is that normally even in drug studies, they rarely consider synergy. Yet this study did and had findings.... makes us wonder about our normal drug trial model...
Could be correlation more than causation. In that one who does more than one technique is more motivated in the first place to quit smoking.

Also I do believe in the mind over matter thing, as in biofeedback. Mind control in general more so than meditation per se (or it's one and the same). One can lower his heartbeat, b/p etc so I would think it could work for pain control as well. Last 2 filling repairs, I skipped the Novocain..(Tough guy!:)) Not really.

Synergy works with some drug combos. One can drug can "potentiate" the effect of another. Some accidental overdoses are due to these interactions. And some benefits, pain control etc

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73293 May 7, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Campari sounds sweet so not sure about that. Vodka mixes with anything so is ok but I don't drink a lot of the "hard stuff.' Occasional martini/mojito/rum&coke etc....
Campari is a liqueur.

Cut down on your drinks.

It damages the brain/liver.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73294 May 7, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

How about you? Is alcohol ok with your yoga program? I thought you abstained?
Even if I want to have a drink, I can't since my nervous system has become so super-sensitive that alcohol will damage my nerves and bring about tremors.

With me, the Yoga involves getting direct experiences on the various planes of consciousness and at all times the Higher Force of Consciousness hovers over me, envelops me or it often enters into any of the force centers in my body opening it up which leads to all kinds of psi experiences.

With each dynamic descent of the Higher Force into my body from the planes that lie above the head, my body gets a little more transformed....

I have been spontaneously seeing the inner lights and hearing the subtle sounds since age 4 and know some of my previous births....

Anyway, you stay focused on fun, games, sex, booze, insentience and saving up money for a holiday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73295 May 7, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't forget I'm old now.

I know that you're not the 2000 year old Great Yogi, Babaji, who inhabits the Himalayas but who can manifest his body anywhere and who has attained to physical invincibility and to physical immortality via supramentalization - a rare yogic feat.

Paramhans Yogananda has a full chapter devoted to his meetings with this 2000 year old immortal and highly reclusive yogi (Babaji) in his famous book - An Autobiography of a Yogi.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73296 May 7, 2014
Hand churned musk melon ice-cream with vegetarian gelatin (agar agar) (from Soam opposite the Shiva Temple at Babulnath in South Mumbai) tastes great on a hot summer's day. Soam is a hip vegetarian standalone restaurant here. In some ways, Govinda, the vegetarian restaurant run by the International Society of Krishna Consciousness, is better. Govinda serves delicious veg food. It reminds me of the Hiltl in Zurich, another great veg restaurant serving international vegetarian fare.

Location hidden

#73297 May 8, 2014
With all due respect,! Do you guys and gals think you could possibly know the Alpha and Omega? I don't think so.. Ya'll not even close.. Just mumbo jumbo, from hypocrites . Fact check- love and charity, is what you should study in depth.. Greed as to who is wiser makes you lose your crown.. Please don't look up, the sky is falling,,.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73299 May 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
and at all times the Higher Force of Consciousness hovers over me, envelops me or it often enters into any of the force centers in my body opening it up which leads to all kinds of psi experiences.
With each dynamic descent of the Higher Force into my body from the planes that lie above the head, my body gets a little more transformed....
Sounds pretty darn monotheistic to me

My God is named hashem, your God is named Higher Force of Consciousness

You say tomayto, I say tomahto..

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73300 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Sounds pretty darn monotheistic to me

Not at all.

At all times I am the Higher Consciousness in the essence except that in the course of the manifested that true inner nature of mine has gotten obscured..

in other words, I am a manifest form of the Higher Consciousness but in the cosmic manifestation I have forgotten my true identity which is that of the Higher Consciousness which I am in the essence.

Spatiotemporal factors, karma, heredity, upbringing, education, sensuality and other forms of interference - the Maya - have smothered my true nature and so by taking to the Yoga all that I am doing is simply uncovering my true nature which is that of the Higher Consciousness which I am at all times - it is just that I am taking away all the obstructing layers that have covered my true Divine nature.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73301 May 8, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

My God is named hashem, your God is named Higher Force of Consciousness
HaShem is simply a typal being - one out of many such competing typal beings - of the Vital Plane (3rd-4th planes of the cosmic hierarchy).

The Ultimate Reality is the Pure Consciousness with its innate Pure Energy Field that transcends the whole Cosmic/Supracosmic Manifestation and is besides the source of the whole Manifestation (which includes HaShem, the rivals of HaShem and us).

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73302 May 8, 2014
REALITY

The most advanced yogis say that there exist 21 cosmic planes with multiple subplanes making up each cosmic plane.

At the head of the 21st cosmic plane stands the Cosmic Self which takes on both cosmic as well as individualized aspects.

Beyond the Cosmic Self lie the numerous realms of the supracosmic manifestation leading directly to the Ultimate Reality - the source of Pure Consciousness with its inherent field of Pure Energy.

Gods, devils, angels and the asuras belong to the lower cosmic planes, while impersonal typal principles dominate the higher planes.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73303 May 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Campari is a liqueur.
Cut down on your drinks.
It damages the brain/liver.
Your reading comprehension skills are lacking, young troubled lad.

I stated I drink very little these days.

You are the one who brought the subject up.

I probably average fewer than 2 drinks or beers or wines per month.

BTW how is your health these days?

Location hidden

#73304 May 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
HaShem is simply a typal being - one out of many such competing typal beings - of the Vital Plane (3rd-4th planes of the cosmic hierarchy).
The Ultimate Reality is the Pure Consciousness with its innate Pure Energy Field that transcends the whole Cosmic/Supracosmic Manifestation and is besides the source of the whole Manifestation (which includes HaShem, the rivals of HaShem and us).
Yet you conceptualize it as an external descending force

Like I said, you say tomato, I say tomato..

Do you see yourself as an altar boy?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73305 May 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if I want to have a drink, I can't since my nervous system has become so super-sensitive that alcohol will damage my nerves and bring about tremors.
So why did you ask?

When was the last time you ingested our old friend Al K. Hall?
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>With me, the Yoga involves getting direct experiences on the various planes of consciousness and at all times the Higher Force of Consciousness hovers over me, envelops me or it often enters into any of the force centers in my body opening it up which leads to all kinds of psi experiences.
I have been spontaneously seeing the inner lights and hearing the subtle sounds since age 4 and know some of my previous births....
yadda yadda yadda
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>Anyway, you stay focused on fun, games, sex, booze, insentience and saving up money for a holiday.
What's the opposite of "above me?"
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73306 May 8, 2014
Apu

In your mind, what is the current time there?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73307 May 8, 2014
former res wrote:
Where is Huggy?
Maybe this is his day to cruise men's rooms and check out the other fellas.
Indeed, I have been checking out the fellas and have observed that they are having their own way, for now. As soon as the 87% of Americans/ Christians stand up it shall all change.

My recommendations to ALL Christians is that they UNITE and VOTE only for THOSE who share their beliefs on matters of HOMOSEXUALITY and religious freedom.

Note, the THOSE include Christians, Judaists, Hindus, Muslims and ALL those who support FREEDOM of Religion and who embrace the teachings on homosexuality as outlined in the scriptures.

No one who would seek to suppress the free speech of others on their religious beliefs should be supported by any Christian. Anyone who supports the removal of Jesus from fabric of society should NEVER be supported by even ONE Christian.

Now to what comes below. Tell me what has the RELIGIOUS beliefs of the 2 Christians have to do with their jobs?

If they were preaching on the job then I would have no problem with the action taken but that is not the case. What is happening in America is that YOUR freedom is being eroded and you don't even know it.

"HGTV has canceled a pilot hosted by twin brothers with a history of preaching against homosexuality, abortion and divorce following backlash from fans.

“HGTV has decided not to move forward with the Benham Brothers’ series,” the network wrote on its Facebook page Wednesday."

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/hgtv-cancels-pilot-...

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73308 May 8, 2014
Eric----I thought A PHYSICS was what you took when you were constipated.

HughBe--- 1. That is why you are a lawyer and not a scientist.
2. There is no such thing as A PHYSICS.
3. Can you tell the difference between your A PHYSICS, physics and PHYSIC?
4. Tell me the differences in 3.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73309 May 8, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I feel sad for the poor and middle classes as they are unable to keep pace with the rising standard of living.
I do believe that you meant rising COST of living.

Location hidden

#73310 May 8, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Note, the THOSE include Christians, Judaists, Hindus, Muslims and ALL those who support FREEDOM of Religion and who embrace the teachings on homosexuality as outlined in the scriptures.
Judaists?

I am sorry, this word is not in Websters' dictionary.

Please dont bother us until you learn to speak normal English...

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73311 May 8, 2014
It is obvious to me that Christians cannot hold their religious beliefs without being penalized, over there. So, it is my opinion that ALL Christians should NOT support a single business that has either top management or major shareholders/owners who are HOSTILE to Christianity be they HOMOSEXUALS or otherwise.

Buy ONLY from Christian companies and NOT from those who would seek to take away your freedom.

Use your PURCHASING POWER. Do NOT become SLAVES of the minority.

Finally: as Christians ensure that there is freedom for ALL even your enemies BUT do NOT make them rich or richer build your brethren.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73312 May 8, 2014
Wow! Hugh, the A-Level Dunce is talking Physics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 22 Tony 627
News Santa Clara mayor Imelda Lopez resigns (Jul '09) Sep 17 Youwishusetobethere 4
News Reward offered in rash of burglaries (Sep '09) Sep 13 Sick of Stupidity 40
News Southwest Print Fiesta will be held on Labor Da... Aug '16 just asking 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... (Jun '15) Aug '16 save the water 5
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul '16 Vera lane 1
Silver City, , but choice of NOT accepting ever... Jul '16 mrtnz1955 2

Pinos Altos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages