Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73272 May 7, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

rabbee: only the supramental vain, would pretend to need 7000 sqft of living space only to show off.
You got it wrong.

Living space is the carpet area which would work out to around 4000 square feet after deducting the built up area and superbuilt up area from the 7000 square feet.

The realtor is selling luxury apartments on Mumbai's swank Nepeansea Road @ 7000 square feet superbuilt up area @ USD 25 millions (minimum price).
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73273 May 7, 2014
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 08:50 AM EDT

Is meditation a sham?

The scientific evidence is scant for many of the practice's widely touted benefits

Melinda Wenner Moyer, Scientific American

Many people who meditate believe that the practice makes them healthier and happier, and a growing number of studies suggest the same. Yet some scientists have argued that much of this research has been poorly designed. To address this issue, Johns Hopkins University researchers carefully reviewed published clinical trials and found that although meditation seems to provide modest relief for anxiety, depression and pain, more high-quality work is needed before the effect of meditation on other ailments can be judged.

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/07/is_meditation...

__________

Doesn't surprise me. All bullshit.

Same with praying. Sitting quietly in a dimply lit room would likely yield the same results.

Same with yoga. Just stretch your muscles in a quiet place and save your money!

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73274 May 7, 2014
I am reaching home soon.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73275 May 7, 2014
Meditation on any of the force centers in/outside the body leads to trance of which there exist 200 odd states and union of the subject with the object in consciousness-force on the various gradations of the cosmic hierarchy. One needs real inner capacity to become a yogi. Yoga means uniting the subject with the object in consciousness-force on any of the planes of the cosmic hierarchy.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73276 May 7, 2014
MOVEMENTS IN YOGA

The usual movements in yogic discipline are meditation on a force center, fixture of the specific mantra as a primal vibratory wave in the force field of the force center, activation of the force center, reversal of consciousness, inner experiences in the activated force center with concomitant manifestations of heat, light, sounds, odors, psi powers and so on in the body, ascent into the cosmic plane connected with the activated force center, union of the awakened psychic with the activated force center and with its cosmic equivalent and descent of the power, light, bliss, peace, plasticity and wideness of the concerned cosmic plane into the body. There are 21 cosmic planes to be covered in this manner and there are many more planes on the supracosmic level leading to the absolute.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73277 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Meditation on any of the force centers in/outside the body leads to trance of which there exist 200 odd states and union of the subject with the object in consciousness-force on the various gradations of the cosmic hierarchy. One needs real inner capacity to become a yogi. Yoga means uniting the subject with the object in consciousness-force on any of the planes of the cosmic hierarchy.
Blah blah blah.

Apu certainly drank the Kool-Aid and/or ate one of those really old hot dogs spinning under the heat lamp.

"Thank you, come again."

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73278 May 7, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Blah blah blah.

Apu certainly drank the Kool-Aid and/or ate one of those really old hot dogs spinning under the heat lamp.

"Thank you, come again."
Hello Uncle Former,

Do you enjoy drinking campari or vodka?

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#73279 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it wrong.
Living space is the carpet area which would work out to around 4000 square feet after deducting the built up area and superbuilt up area from the 7000 square feet.
The realtor is selling luxury apartments on Mumbai's swank Nepeansea Road @ 7000 square feet superbuilt up area @ USD 25 millions (minimum price).
rabbee: that is still 3500 sqft. more than necessary for a single person or about 3300 sqft more than necessary for two people. it's all about vanity, in the vain selling to the vain. no matter what taught propaganda, you have bought into. it is still about, showing off you wage. and every additional person beyond the first two, should not require more than 200 sqft. or 125 minimum. we are talking about enough room, for about 18 or more people to live quite comfortably.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73280 May 7, 2014
former res wrote:
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 08:50 AM EDT
Is meditation a sham?
The scientific evidence is scant for many of the practice's widely touted benefits
Melinda Wenner Moyer, Scientific American
Many people who meditate believe that the practice makes them healthier and happier, and a growing number of studies suggest the same. Yet some scientists have argued that much of this research has been poorly designed. To address this issue, Johns Hopkins University researchers carefully reviewed published clinical trials and found that although meditation seems to provide modest relief for anxiety, depression and pain, more high-quality work is needed before the effect of meditation on other ailments can be judged.
http://www.salon.com/2014/05/07/is_meditation...
__________
Doesn't surprise me. All bullshit.
Same with praying. Sitting quietly in a dimply lit room would likely yield the same results.
Same with yoga. Just stretch your muscles in a quiet place and save your money!
FR,

If you actually READ the article you would noted two points

1. "...Goyal argues the lackluster results simply reflect the fact that there is not enough evidence to reach other conclusions, in part because funds for high-quality meditation research are hard to come by..." I.E. the article doesnt reflect the headline (as editors write the headlines as click bait)

2. It only addressed "mindfulness" meditation....Which is fascinating because mindfullness almost NEVER is touted for relaxation - that is the province of mantra meditation and other types like Yoga. Mindfullness will actually EXACERBATE your awareness of your current mental condition (which ironically is why it is useful for pain relief as it allows you identify your triggers, and to separate pain from emotion (threat of pain). The point being that there are infinite varieties of meditation and trying to unify them as you are trying to do is like lumping native American paganism with Bhuddism...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73281 May 7, 2014
Gray wrote:
<quoted text>
Briefly, the Allies created conditions for a strong, unifying leader willing to save Germany from unparalleled suffering and collapse.
You know, there is a difference between a strong unifying leader (Roosevelt comes to mind), and a strong EVIL unifying leader (Hitler or Stalin)

How can you not see this?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73282 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Uncle Former,
Do you enjoy drinking campari or vodka?
Sam Adams Boston Lager but I'm willing to try other brews.(Will drink it when I'm feeling rich..) On the more everyday side....

Was happy to see that Yuengling, a PA beer from "America's oldest bewery," will soon be available in CT again.

Also Pinot Noir and Chianti and maybe even a Cabernet - nothing sweet.

Campari sounds sweet so not sure about that. Vodka mixes with anything so is ok but I don't drink a lot of the "hard stuff.' Occasional martini/mojito/rum&coke etc....

But generally don't drink a whole lot. Not like in my teens and 20s. Don't forget I'm old now.

How about you? Is alcohol ok with your yoga program? I thought you abstained? Maybe that was Huggybear.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#73283 May 7, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
FR,
If you actually READ the article you would noted two points
1. "...Goyal argues the lackluster results simply reflect the fact that there is not enough evidence to reach other conclusions, in part because funds for high-quality meditation research are hard to come by..." I.E. the article doesnt reflect the headline (as editors write the headlines as click bait)
I gave it the time it deserved. Where would you have had me take this time from? Running down my alcohol consumptions patterns for Apu?

:)

Nothing proved either way, as usual.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
2. It only addressed "mindfulness" meditation....Which is fascinating because mindfullness almost NEVER is touted for relaxation - that is the province of mantra meditation and other types like Yoga. Mindfullness will actually EXACERBATE your awareness of your current mental condition (which ironically is why it is useful for pain relief as it allows you identify your triggers, and to separate pain from emotion (threat of pain). The point being that there are infinite varieties of meditation and trying to unify them as you are trying to do is like lumping native American paganism with Bhuddism...
I do that too - religion.

Very few folks would appreciate these differences.

I was playing Archie Bunker. Don't pay any attention to him.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73284 May 7, 2014
former res wrote:
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 08:50 AM EDT
Same with yoga. Just stretch your muscles in a quiet place and save your money!
Anyone serious into Yoga stretching will practice at home every day for free, and then only goto classes maybe once a week. The people with the 100 dollar yoga pants who go more than that miss the point. Myself, even when I used to practice it, I always preferred doing it at home where I could take my time. Ironically, most classes rush through the exercises....

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73285 May 7, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave it the time it deserved. Where would you have had me take this time from? Running down my alcohol consumptions patterns for Apu?
:)
Nothing proved either way, as usual.
<quoted text>
I do that too - religion.
Very few folks would appreciate these differences.
I was playing Archie Bunker. Don't pay any attention to him.
Actually there are loads of data indicating that mindfullness meditation leads to pain relief (for the reasons I mentioned before).

Also a new meta-study came out this week regarding smoking cessation. Looked at accupuncture, meditation (several types), nicotine patch, and hypnosis. They found that none of these techniques alone had any higher level of cessation than control, HOWEVER, those that did 2 or more techniques together DID have a higher level of cessation.

What I find interesting is that normally even in drug studies, they rarely consider synergy. Yet this study did and had findings.... makes us wonder about our normal drug trial model...

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#73286 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.
But, same sex attraction is abnormal.
Blue eyes are abnormal.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#73287 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
So, tell; me about your educational qualifications....

GFY.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#73288 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but does color of the iris impair vision? LOL.
Does same sex attraction impair vision? LOLSER

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#73289 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
A straight person may be sterile for whatever reason or he may refrain from procreation if he so wishes to but his sexual orientation is not warped and he has females on his mind all throughout which is the way it should be.
The problem with gays like you is that you're attracted to members of the same sex which is abnormal.
Do you earn a living by selling your body in gay bars, homo? LOL.
No matter how much you babble, you're an idiot who has homosexuality and sterility confused.
Gay people can and do reproduce.
I'm straight. Damn, you can't get anything right. LOLSER!

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#73290 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I pity the lesbian prostitute.
Firstly, the brainless bitch is abnormal in her sexual orientation and secondly she needs to sell her wares in gay bars to make two ends meet.
Yuck!
You are no more a yogi than I am center for the Clippers.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#73291 May 7, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I am feeling sad again.
LOL!
Good!
But, don't kill yourself, that would end your suffering.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
To cheer up, I may go sit in the Sea Lounge in the Taj at my favorite window table facing the wharf sipping on a Cafe Viennois and later may stop at the trendy Melange to pick up some pure linen shirts.
BFD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul 9 Vera lane 1
Silver City, , but choice of NOT accepting ever... Jul 5 mrtnz1955 2
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... Jun 29 Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 26 Tony 625
News Yes, Denny's is coming Jun '16 Tiger37 1
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
News Tour of the Gila benefits everyone not just cyc... (May '12) May '12 Old Man 1

Pinos Altos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages