Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72030 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73068 May 5, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Huggy doesn't need any help from Glenn Beck. We already know he's a fool.
Adding the pseudo-historian David Barton to the mix also doesn't help his cause. The man is a professional "Liar for Jesus". Even Xtian historians have distanced themselves from him.
So CunNt, that would be that you are a sub-fool.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73069 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Frijoles, I thank you for your concern. Mr. Beck has a guest called David who has documents which he offers as PROOF of his assertions.
And we have a guest named COR and another guest named Eric who have posted exposes on your alleged "expert". Google is a powerful tool, you should indulge in it every so often.

Pathetic.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#73070 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that what follows are forgery--
1. The assertion that the original congressional document says that the BIBLE was " a neat/new addition of the Holy Scriptures for the USE of our SCHOOLS"
2. The BIBLE has a CONGRESSIONAL endorsement
What do you suppose should happen to the perpetrators of such FRAUD? Note point 2 very well.
Is forgery an acceptable thing over there?
I gave you the original Continental Congress resolution. Here's the citation: Journal of the Continental Congress, Thursday, September 12, 1782, page 573 | page 574, Original manuscript page 468 | page 469. Why don't you publish the original resolution that backs your point?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73071 May 5, 2014
The Right's Favorite Historian Comes Apart at the Seams

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/08/how-r...

For more a decade, the religious right's leading authority on America's founders and their divine inspiration has been David Barton, a fast-talking Texan with a bachelor's degree in Christian education and a climate-controlled underground vault stocked with tens of thousands of antique documents, including Bibles, diaries, and correspondence. Barton has turned the study of America's Christian roots into a lucrative business, hawking books and video sermons, speaking at churches and political confabs, and scoring a fawning New York Times profile and interviews on the Daily Show. He's got friends in high places: "I almost wish that there would be like a simultaneous telecast and all Americans would be forced—at gunpoint no less—to listen to every David Barton message," Mike Huckabee told an Evangelical audience in March of 2011. "I never listen to David Barton without learning a whole lot of new things," Newt Gingrich told conservatives in Iowa that same month.

That's probably because much of what David Barton writes seems to have originated in David Barton's head.....
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73072 May 5, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Blackstone was in use, and then the popular annotated version as has been pointed out.
I find it more convenient and appropriate to look at other sources.
James Wilson co-signer of the declaration.
His biography:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Wilson
No books by his hand.
Wilson's role as co-signer of the Declaration and the Constitution is KEY and his attitude to religion as well as the attitude of many of the signatories of those documents are key to understanding that America was founded on Christian principles.

They were RELIGIOUS and it is not hard to believe as in those days the WHOLE world was both religious and superstitious.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#73073 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Understand, the discussion is NOT about the first law school it is about America and its origins as a RELIGIOUS or Christian country.
So James Wilson and his mindset as a CHRISTIAN is important BECAUSE he is 1 of ONLY 6 persons to sign both the Declaration and the Constitution.
Now even in your quote he was the FIRST law professor but that is not the key, what is KEY is his mindset as revealed in his words that one cannot have good civil law that excludes the divine laws.
Why don't you try this, "Eric, I quoted someone who didn't have his facts correct." You asked me to prove that Wilson wasn't the founder of the first law school in America, and I did. Wythe never made the comment that you attributed to the founder of the first law school in America. And, remember Wilson was but one of the founding fathers.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73074 May 5, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>I gave you the original Continental Congress resolution. Here's the citation: Journal of the Continental Congress, Thursday, September 12, 1782, page 573 | page 574, Original manuscript page 468 | page 469. Why don't you publish the original resolution that backs your point?
Once again---

What do you suppose should happen to the perpetrators of such FRAUD? Note point 2 very well.

Is forgery an acceptable thing over there?

My recommendation is that you as a lawyer should seek to ensure that such malicious acts of fraud are pointed out to the authorities, what do you say?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73075 May 5, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you try this, "Eric, I quoted someone who didn't have his facts correct." You asked me to prove that Wilson wasn't the founder of the first law school in America, and I did. Wythe never made the comment that you attributed to the founder of the first law school in America. And, remember Wilson was but one of the founding fathers.
Ok let us say that all of his facts were not accurate BUT not all were not.

For example, Wilson's role as signatory to both the Constitution and the declaration.

Also Wilson's role as a lawyer and the writing of a law book that includes words to the effect that you cannot have good civil law that excludes divine laws.

This man, James Wilson, and his mindset is critical to understanding the THINKING of the founding fathers. Do you THINK?

Do you feel that Wilson had a BETTER and in fact ACCURATE understanding of the Constitution than your 4 dissenting Judges hundreds of years later?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73076 May 5, 2014
former res wrote:
Huggy
I hope you haven't been hanging around in men's rooms and checking out others.
Apu said you admitted to this practice in the past.
Hi dear, people say many things but are they TRUE?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73077 May 5, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you try this, "Eric, I quoted someone who didn't have his facts correct." You asked me to prove that Wilson wasn't the founder of the first law school in America, and I did. Wythe never made the comment that you attributed to the founder of the first law school in America. And, remember Wilson was but one of the founding fathers.
Do you feel that anyone should go scot-free if s/he has a document with a FRAUDULENT congressional approval in it?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73078 May 5, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>I gave you the original Continental Congress resolution. Here's the citation: Journal of the Continental Congress, Thursday, September 12, 1782, page 573 | page 574, Original manuscript page 468 | page 469. Why don't you publish the original resolution that backs your point?
More help:

James Wilson , 1 of ONLY 6 persons to sign both the Declaration and the Constitution said,
one cannot have good civil law that excludes the divine laws.

What does that tell THAT good man about his thinking and what he had in mind when he signed the Constitution.

Note, Wilson was a Christian so do you FEEL that he was hostile to Christianity?

Recall that even AFTER the signing of both documents above 9 NINE out of 13 states had STATE RELIGION.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73079 May 5, 2014
Eric,

1. The assertion that the original congressional document says that the BIBLE was " a neat/new addition of the Holy Scriptures for the USE of our SCHOOLS"

What should happen to the perpetrators?

Later
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#73080 May 5, 2014
Now, Hugh, let's discuss another part of history common to both of our nations. Since you are pointing out religions of Supreme Court Justices, why don't we talk about a religious person of the Revolutionary time period with ties to Jamaica. His name is Moses Michael Hays. He was Jewish and lived in Newport and Boston. But, his sister lived at one time in Jamaica and was married to the noted Rabbi Isaac de Abraham Touro. Moses was asked to sign a declaration of loyalty to the American colonies that included the phrase "upon the true faith of a Christian." He refused. He was to be arrested as a traitor. He gained the backing of much of Boston who said that the declaration was contrary to the ideals of the Revolution. The phrase was deleted. Moses eventually founded the Massachusetts Bank which today is called Bank of America.

Rabbi Isaac de Abraham Touro was the founder of the Touro Synagogue in Newport. It is that congregation that Washington wrote his famous letter concerning Jews in America. When Rabbi Touro died in Jamaica, Moses brought his sister and family back to the US and supported them. His nephew Judah founded the New Orleans congregation with the Synagogue on the St Charles Ave. trolley.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73081 May 5, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And we have a guest named COR and another guest named Eric who have posted exposes on your alleged "expert". Google is a powerful tool, you should indulge in it every so often.
Pathetic.
Report the FRAUD to the Federal authorities. The man should not get away with it. If you do not report the fraud I shall take it that you support FRAUD.

Much love, Mon.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#73082 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Recall that even AFTER the signing of both documents above 9 NINE out of 13 states had STATE RELIGION.
It's not true. First, what is true is that between the Declaration and the Constitution the states had Religious taxes. These taxes were not dedicated to any one religion. The taxpayer could designate where his tax went. There were no such provisions after the newly written constitutions post Constitution adoption.

Now, you disagree with me. Give me a plausible reference to someone other than Barton.

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#73083 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Report the FRAUD to the Federal authorities. The man should not get away with it. If you do not report the fraud I shall take it that you support FRAUD.
Much love, Mon.
Yeah, Frijoles, go report the guy who has been dead for over 200 years for fraud. See what that gets you.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#73084 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Eric,
What should happen to the perpetrators?
Later
We should dig them up and crucify them.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#73085 May 5, 2014
Finally, here is an official law of the US proclaimed by the Executive Branch and ratified by the Senate:

"As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion,-"

Treaty of Tripoli, 1796 (just 9 years after the Constitution)

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/bar17...

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#73086 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUPE wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that you're comfortable with your abnormal sexual orientation.
Be happy Eric and while indulging in habitual rear sex as is the wont of people of your kind please remember to keep your bum free from diseases otherwise you'll come down with HIV or some other life-threatening disease.
Now, are you off to the synagogue or to the nearest bar to meet others of your kind?
LOL
Most people into anal sex are straight.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#73087 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
THE PSYCHIC
"
Your flooding of the forum with off topic posts has been reported.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... 5 hr Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 26 Tony 625
News Yes, Denny's is coming Jun 11 Tiger37 1
News Armory celebrates 100 years Jun 7 my opinion 1
News Old-fashioned Fourth of July party (Jul '13) May '16 YUUUUP 4
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) May '16 CrookedHillary 57
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2

Pinos Altos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages