Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71944 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#73059 May 5, 2014
Continuing:

The Continental Congress asked their Chaplains to review Aitken's work. They reported back:

"Gentlemen, Agreeably to your desire, we have paid attention to Mr. Robert Aitken's impression of the holy scriptures, of the old and new testament. Having selected and examined a variety of passages throughout the work, we are of opinion, that it is executed with great accuracy as to the sense, and with as few grammatical and typographical errors as could be expected in an undertaking of such magnitude. Being ourselves witnesses of the demand for this invaluable book, we rejoice in the present prospect of a supply, hoping that it will prove as advantageous as it is honorable to the gentleman, who has exerted himself to furnish it at the evident risk of private fortune. We are, gentlemen, your very respectful and humble servants,"

This is the resolution adopted by the Continental Congress:

"Whereupon, Resolved: That the United States in Congress assembled, highly approve the pious and laudable undertaking of Mr. Aitken, as subservient to the interest of religion as well as an instance of the progress of arts in this country, and being satisfied from the above report, of his care and accuracy in the execution of the work, they recommend this edition of the Bible to the inhabitants of the United States, and hereby authorise him to publish this recommendation in the manner he shall think proper."

As you can see, they recommended the edition pursuant to the chaplains' report. The report said it was accurate. Aitken was the publisher, not the Continental Congress.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73060 May 5, 2014
Hughbe

You do realize that by using Glenn Beck as your source, you are making yourself a laughingstock?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73061 May 5, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
Hughbe
You do realize that by using Glenn Beck as your source, you are making yourself a laughingstock?
Poor Frijoles, I thank you for your concern. Mr. Beck has a guest called David who has documents which he offers as PROOF of his assertions.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#73062 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
2. "Jefferson became governor of Virginia in 1779, and as part of his gubernatorial duties, he joined the Board of Visitors at the College of William and Mary. Jefferson persuaded the Board to engage in a restructuring of the education offered at the College, which included the establishment of a new professorship in law. To fulfill his vision of training lawyers who would exercise public virtue, Jefferson turned to his old friend and mentor, George Wythe. The William and Mary LAW SCHOOL was BORN with a singular vision of training lawyers.."
What was the BIRTH year of the LAW SCHOOL based on the above?
What's the matter Hugh, didn't you like the part of the quote that you left out, ""Wythe began teaching law at the College in January 1780. His students learned the nuances of the English common law, relying in significant measure on Blackstone's Commentaries. "

THEREFORE WYTHE WAS TEACHING LAW AT WILLIAM AND MARY 10 YEARS BEFORE WILSON WAS TEACHING LAW AT COLLEGE OF PHILADELPHIA. AND WILSON WAS USING THE SAME WORK AS WYTHE. BLACKSTONE'S COMMENTARIES.(SEE MAAT'S COMMENT ABOVE)

Wilson might have been the first law professor at College of Philadelphia in 1790, but he wasn't the founder of the first law school.

and again

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#73063 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote from YOUR link and demonstrates that what follows is not true.
James Wilson wrote the FIRST law book to be used in America and he started the FIRST law school in America. The man in the video has the physical evidence to support his claim about the book.
Well Blackstone was in use, and then the popular annotated version as has been pointed out.

I find it more convenient and appropriate to look at other sources.
James Wilson co-signer of the declaration.

His biography:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Wilson
No books by his hand.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73064 May 5, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>It's a forgery. Never happened. Congress only recognized Aitken's work as accurate. Aitken wrote to Congress asking to be made the official printer of the Bible and Congress didn't do it. That didn't stop Aitken from wrongfully saying that it did.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmort...
So you are saying that what follows are forgery--

1. The assertion that the original congressional document says that the BIBLE was " a neat/new addition of the Holy Scriptures for the USE of our SCHOOLS"

2. The BIBLE has a CONGRESSIONAL endorsement

What do you suppose should happen to the perpetrators of such FRAUD? Note point 2 very well.

Is forgery an acceptable thing over there?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#73065 May 5, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
Hughbe
Huggy doesn't need any help from Glenn Beck. We already know he's a fool.

Adding the pseudo-historian David Barton to the mix also doesn't help his cause. The man is a professional "Liar for Jesus". Even Xtian historians have distanced themselves from him.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#73066 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

As a reminder the man who formed the FIRST law school in AMERICA ....
HughBe wrote:
3. The fact is "JAMES WILSON:"He became the FIRST professor of law at the College of Philadelphia in 1790".
You see Hugh, when you pull drek like you do above, you ruin your credibility. I know you are just quoting this bozo. But, when you dig in your heals when it's been shown that the bozo is incorrect just disparages you.

As Frijoles says, you can't hitch your wagon either to Beck or Barton.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73067 May 5, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>What's the matter Hugh, didn't you like the part of the quote that you left out, ""Wythe began teaching law at the College in January 1780. His students learned the nuances of the English common law, relying in significant measure on Blackstone's Commentaries. "
THEREFORE WYTHE WAS TEACHING LAW AT WILLIAM AND MARY 10 YEARS BEFORE WILSON WAS TEACHING LAW AT COLLEGE OF PHILADELPHIA. AND WILSON WAS USING THE SAME WORK AS WYTHE. BLACKSTONE'S COMMENTARIES.(SEE MAAT'S COMMENT ABOVE)
Wilson might have been the first law professor at College of Philadelphia in 1790, but he wasn't the founder of the first law school.
and again
LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE
Understand, the discussion is NOT about the first law school it is about America and its origins as a RELIGIOUS or Christian country.

So James Wilson and his mindset as a CHRISTIAN is important BECAUSE he is 1 of ONLY 6 persons to sign both the Declaration and the Constitution.

Now even in your quote he was the FIRST law professor but that is not the key, what is KEY is his mindset as revealed in his words that one cannot have good civil law that excludes the divine laws.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73068 May 5, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Huggy doesn't need any help from Glenn Beck. We already know he's a fool.
Adding the pseudo-historian David Barton to the mix also doesn't help his cause. The man is a professional "Liar for Jesus". Even Xtian historians have distanced themselves from him.
So CunNt, that would be that you are a sub-fool.

Location hidden

#73069 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Frijoles, I thank you for your concern. Mr. Beck has a guest called David who has documents which he offers as PROOF of his assertions.
And we have a guest named COR and another guest named Eric who have posted exposes on your alleged "expert". Google is a powerful tool, you should indulge in it every so often.

Pathetic.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#73070 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that what follows are forgery--
1. The assertion that the original congressional document says that the BIBLE was " a neat/new addition of the Holy Scriptures for the USE of our SCHOOLS"
2. The BIBLE has a CONGRESSIONAL endorsement
What do you suppose should happen to the perpetrators of such FRAUD? Note point 2 very well.
I gave you the original Continental Congress resolution. Here's the citation: Journal of the Continental Congress, Thursday, September 12, 1782, page 573 | page 574, Original manuscript page 468 | page 469. Why don't you publish the original resolution that backs your point?

Location hidden

#73071 May 5, 2014
The Right's Favorite Historian Comes Apart at the Seams

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/08/how-r...

For more a decade, the religious right's leading authority on America's founders and their divine inspiration has been David Barton, a fast-talking Texan with a bachelor's degree in Christian education and a climate-controlled underground vault stocked with tens of thousands of antique documents, including Bibles, diaries, and correspondence. Barton has turned the study of America's Christian roots into a lucrative business, hawking books and video sermons, speaking at churches and political confabs, and scoring a fawning New York Times profile and interviews on the Daily Show. He's got friends in high places: "I almost wish that there would be like a simultaneous telecast and all Americans would be forced—at gunpoint no less—to listen to every David Barton message," Mike Huckabee told an Evangelical audience in March of 2011. "I never listen to David Barton without learning a whole lot of new things," Newt Gingrich told conservatives in Iowa that same month.

That's probably because much of what David Barton writes seems to have originated in David Barton's head.....
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73072 May 5, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Blackstone was in use, and then the popular annotated version as has been pointed out.
I find it more convenient and appropriate to look at other sources.
James Wilson co-signer of the declaration.
His biography:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Wilson
No books by his hand.
Wilson's role as co-signer of the Declaration and the Constitution is KEY and his attitude to religion as well as the attitude of many of the signatories of those documents are key to understanding that America was founded on Christian principles.

They were RELIGIOUS and it is not hard to believe as in those days the WHOLE world was both religious and superstitious.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#73073 May 5, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Understand, the discussion is NOT about the first law school it is about America and its origins as a RELIGIOUS or Christian country.
So James Wilson and his mindset as a CHRISTIAN is important BECAUSE he is 1 of ONLY 6 persons to sign both the Declaration and the Constitution.
Now even in your quote he was the FIRST law professor but that is not the key, what is KEY is his mindset as revealed in his words that one cannot have good civil law that excludes the divine laws.
Why don't you try this, "Eric, I quoted someone who didn't have his facts correct." You asked me to prove that Wilson wasn't the founder of the first law school in America, and I did. Wythe never made the comment that you attributed to the founder of the first law school in America. And, remember Wilson was but one of the founding fathers.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73074 May 5, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>I gave you the original Continental Congress resolution. Here's the citation: Journal of the Continental Congress, Thursday, September 12, 1782, page 573 | page 574, Original manuscript page 468 | page 469. Why don't you publish the original resolution that backs your point?
Once again---

My recommendation is that you as a lawyer should seek to ensure that such malicious acts of fraud are pointed out to the authorities, what do you say?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73075 May 5, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you try this, "Eric, I quoted someone who didn't have his facts correct." You asked me to prove that Wilson wasn't the founder of the first law school in America, and I did. Wythe never made the comment that you attributed to the founder of the first law school in America. And, remember Wilson was but one of the founding fathers.
Ok let us say that all of his facts were not accurate BUT not all were not.

For example, Wilson's role as signatory to both the Constitution and the declaration.

Also Wilson's role as a lawyer and the writing of a law book that includes words to the effect that you cannot have good civil law that excludes divine laws.

This man, James Wilson, and his mindset is critical to understanding the THINKING of the founding fathers. Do you THINK?

Do you feel that Wilson had a BETTER and in fact ACCURATE understanding of the Constitution than your 4 dissenting Judges hundreds of years later?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73076 May 5, 2014
former res wrote:
Huggy
I hope you haven't been hanging around in men's rooms and checking out others.
Apu said you admitted to this practice in the past.
Hi dear, people say many things but are they TRUE?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73077 May 5, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you try this, "Eric, I quoted someone who didn't have his facts correct." You asked me to prove that Wilson wasn't the founder of the first law school in America, and I did. Wythe never made the comment that you attributed to the founder of the first law school in America. And, remember Wilson was but one of the founding fathers.
Do you feel that anyone should go scot-free if s/he has a document with a FRAUDULENT congressional approval in it?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#73078 May 5, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>I gave you the original Continental Congress resolution. Here's the citation: Journal of the Continental Congress, Thursday, September 12, 1782, page 573 | page 574, Original manuscript page 468 | page 469. Why don't you publish the original resolution that backs your point?
More help:

James Wilson , 1 of ONLY 6 persons to sign both the Declaration and the Constitution said,
one cannot have good civil law that excludes the divine laws.

What does that tell THAT good man about his thinking and what he had in mind when he signed the Constitution.

Note, Wilson was a Christian so do you FEEL that he was hostile to Christianity?

Recall that even AFTER the signing of both documents above 9 NINE out of 13 states had STATE RELIGION.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) 6 hr Kohlikohn 51
News A local intstitution Aug 14 EarthwrightsDesigns 1
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Aug '15 dmac2030 4
News Yankie Street whitewater Jul '15 Msgtdon 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jul '15 American Citizen 4
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
News Tour of the Gila benefits everyone not just cyc... (May '12) May '12 Old Man 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages