Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72026 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#72650 Apr 30, 2014
THORIUM

As far as fissile materials are concerned, nuclear energy, especially based on Th^232, is increasingly being seen as the way out. 1,000 kg of Th can produce as much energy as 200,000 kgs of U^235 or 3,500,000, 000 kilos of a highly polluting fossil fuel like coal. So, the calorific output of thorium is much higher. India is the world leader in thorium-based fuels. In February, 2014, BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Centre), in Mumbai, presented their latest design for a "next-generation nuclear reactor" that will burn thorium as its fuel ore. Once built, with a target date of 2016, they estimate that the reactor could function without an operator for 120 days.

Incidentally, Dr Homi Bhabha, the architect of India's nuclear industry, had, as far back as 1950, envisaged a plan of making the switch from U to Th.

BTW, nuclear physicist, Dr Homi Bhabha, is an alum of Mumbai's elite Cathedral School. Proud.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72651 Apr 30, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

Then why does homosexuality occur in nature outside of mankind?
Why does a cellular abnormality like cancer occur in nature outside of mankind? Get it, now?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72652 Apr 30, 2014
Hi HUGH,

You said that your wife does not have sexy legs but has a "good looking" face, right?

Is her face as "good-looking" as Oprah Winfrey's face?

(smiles)
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72653 Apr 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does a cellular abnormality like cancer occur in nature outside of mankind? Get it, now?
No, you don't get it. Nature has many laws. Nature has many facets. Just because one facet of nature is different from another facets of nature does not require it to be labeled abnormal--because it occurs over and over again. So, why should the less prevalent facet be relegated to a lower level of life?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72654 Apr 30, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

No, you don't get it. Nature has many laws. Nature has many facets. Just because one facet of nature is different from another facets of nature does not require it to be labeled abnormal--because it occurs over and over again. So, why should the less prevalent facet be relegated to a lower level of life?
Natural laws are a mix of normal and abnormal events.

Humans and animals have both uplifting and abnormal facets to their personalities.

No one would label a man who talks, walks, applies mascara and dresses like a woman normal.

Just as no one would call a cancer patient normal or just as no one would call a person with thieving instincts normal, similarly, a homosexual is abnormal where sexual orientation/procreation is concerned.

Why, the law of unlikes attracting is visible even at the atomic scale.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72655 Apr 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural laws are a mix of normal and abnormal events.
Humans and animals have both uplifting and abnormal facets to their personalities.
No one would label a man who talks, walks, applies mascara and dresses like a woman normal.
Just as no one would call a cancer patient normal or just as no one would call a person with thieving instincts normal, similarly, a homosexual is abnormal where sexual orientation/procreation is concerned.
Why, the law of unlikes attracting is visible even at the atomic scale.
who gets to define what is normal and what is not in the natural world? surely not you.

Location hidden

#72656 Apr 30, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Did the almighty specifically tell you this?
Or did you read it in some book written by scribes thousands of years ago?
How do you know they didn't make it all up, like any other fairy tale?
If he wants to believe in his fairy tale, let him be. But he has no right to assume that others have to believe in it as well. So far, his only argument against homosexuality is based upon his religion. Which others do not share, nor should they have to.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72657 Apr 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

who gets to define what is normal and what is not in the natural world? surely not you.
How's your husband? LOL.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72659 Apr 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
If he wants to believe in his fairy tale, let him be. But he has no right to assume that others have to believe in it as well. So far, his only argument against homosexuality is based upon his religion. Which others do not share, nor should they have to.
Bullshxt, with all due respect, as always!

I know he didn't ask me to share his fantasy. Regardless.

I'm tired of people using religion to justify ignorance and hatred.
(if he were invoking it to do good and help the poor, that would be different)

He has a right to believe it. And I have a right to question it. And even ridicule
it as he does to gays (an eye for an eye, correct? according to your testament)

At least I'm not treating him the way the Messianics are treated in Israel.

After all they're only practicing their religion, which tells them to "spread the word."

They are practicing free speech and being met with violence. Is this just?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#72660 Apr 30, 2014
HUGH,

Please come online. I know that you're lurking in the background.

How's your CEO job going?

Are you still teaching a scientific discipline to undergrad/grad students at the Jamaican University?

Have you cleared your mounting debts?

Have you repaired the leaking tin roof of your shack?

How many cruffs have you converted to Christianity?

How many boyfriends do you have?

Have you stopped visiting public toilets to take a peek at exposed dicks - a bad habit of yours which you accidentally revealed 3 years ago on the Allah thread?

Have you graduated from a Subaru to a Merc?

Have you replaced your $ 50 solar watch with a classy Patek Philippe?

Has your Versace pret a porter suit been replaced by Armani haute wear?

Has your cracked skull healed?

Has your spectacle number increased making you as blind as a bat?

(smiles)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72661 Apr 30, 2014
Apu doesn't respond to me because he knows there's a gay man inside of him!

:)))

what's his name? Babu?

http://seinfeld.wikia.com/wiki/Babu_Bhatt...
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72662 Apr 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>

Wow, into stereotypes much? What is normal is what occurs on a regular basis. There are all types of normal. Is it abnormal to want to marry the one that you love?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#72663 Apr 30, 2014
We can all close the shop early and go home:

US stocks rise after Fed move; record finish for Dow
Kate Gibson [email protected]
36 Mins Ago
CNBC.com

U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting its first record close of the year, as Wall Street welcomed a further reduction in the Federal Reserve's monthly bond purchases while looking past data showing the economy slowed more than expected in the first quarter.

"Who would imagine we would get a first-quarter GDP print so disappointing and yet we're closing the stock market at a high. That shows investors are absolutely looking past the first quarter, and looking to the Fed to continue with lower rates," said Chris Gaffney, senior market strategist at Everbank..

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101628340

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72664 Apr 30, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

What is normal is what occurs on a regular basis.

Wrong.

A habit (whether good or bad) is what occurs on a regular basis.

Location hidden

#72665 Apr 30, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshxt, with all due respect, as always!
I know he didn't ask me to share his fantasy. Regardless.
I'm tired of people using religion to justify ignorance and hatred.
(if he were invoking it to do good and help the poor, that would be different)
He has a right to believe it. And I have a right to question it. And even ridicule
it as he does to gays (an eye for an eye, correct? according to your testament)
At least I'm not treating him the way the Messianics are treated in Israel.
After all they're only practicing their religion, which tells them to "spread the word."
They are practicing free speech and being met with violence. Is this just?
what exactly were you reacting to? My post or Huggs fantasy?

I basically said
1) he had a right to believe in what he wants to believe
2) as long as he didnt discriminate against others by assuming others accepted those belief (in lieu of actual law of the land)

former res

Cheshire, CT

#72666 Apr 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
No, you're wrong.

It's "normal" for approx. 4% of the population to be gay.

Normal and expected. Predictable in most any random sample large enough to be valid.

In probability theory, the normal (or Gaussian) distribution is a very commonly occurring continuous probability distribution—a function that tells the probability that any real observation will fall between any two real limits or real numbers, as the curve approaches zero on either side. Normal distributions are extremely important in statistics and are often used in the natural and social sciences for real-valued random variables whose distributions are not known.[1][2]

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72667 Apr 30, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

Is it abnormal to want to marry the one that you love?
Oh, you mean animal attraction.

Anyone is free to marry anyone provided, where straight marriages are concerned, incest/inbreeding is avoided.

I wonder why gays want to exchange rings and have babies through invitro methods when they're clearly incapable of making babies via man-woman sexual intercourse and besides why don't they stop pause to think of the psychological impact that rearing kids in a gay atmosphere would involve when clearly kids develop best in a heterosexual environment free of friction brought about by personality mismatch between husband and wife. Kids need both father and mother for healthy mind-emotion growth with each parent contributing his/her unique gender-based inputs.

Why don't gays simply accept their condition and stop imitating straight couples where marriage, procreation and parenting are concerned.

Anyway, I wish gays well so long as they don't make a nuisance of themselves by expecting everyone to bend over backwards to condone their abnormality.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#72668 Apr 30, 2014
HughBe---HughBe--- Let me REPEAT myself for the millionth time, I am fine with homosexuals as PEOPLE or my fellowman. However, I DISAGREE with their SEXUAL practice.

Do YOU agree with every behaviour of HOMOSEXUALS?

Frijoles---I have no problem with gay people having sex, or expressing emotion to each other. Its not my thing (i.e. I dont have gay inclinations), but to each their own and I wish them well..

HughBe--- When will you ever learn to answer simple questions. So once again, do YOU agree with every behaviour of HOMOSEXUALS?

Hint: pay attention to the word BEHAVIOUR. Do you understand what it means, Einstein?
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72669 Apr 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
There are no habits in nature. Habits are developed.

Location hidden

#72670 Apr 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit

Two-spirit people (also two spirit or twospirit) is a modern umbrella term used by some indigenous North Americans for gender-variant individuals within their communities. Non-Native anthropologists have historically used the term berdaches /b&#601;r&#712;dæ& #643;&#616;z/ for individuals who fulfill one of many mixed gender roles in First Nations and Native American tribes, but this term has more recently fallen out of favour.

Third and fourth gender roles historically embodied by two-spirit people include performing work and wearing clothing associated with both men and women. Some tribes consider there to be at least four gender identities: masculine men, feminine men, masculine women, and feminine women. The presence of male two-spirits "was a fundamental institution among most tribal peoples."[1] According to Will Roscoe, male and female two-spirits have been "documented in over 130 North America tribes, in every region of the continent."[2]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Old-fashioned Fourth of July party (Jul '13) May 27 YUUUUP 4
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) May 18 CrookedHillary 57
News Man charged with murder gets probation (Aug '08) May 6 operation greylord 45
News Murdered woman found at Mule Creek (Dec '08) Apr '16 wwwnorthfortyhomecom 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Mar '16 Tony 623
News Silver City police search landfill for missing ... (Jun '11) Feb '16 cupcake 30
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn (Mar '14) Feb '16 cupcake 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages