Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,156
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#71613 Apr 14, 2014
DEATH-KNELL OF CRASS MATERIALISTIC SCIENCE

Not surprisingly, using the absurd crass materialistic scientific model, life cannot be created from scratch nor have any transitional forms been discovered nor can a corpse be brought back to life.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71614 Apr 14, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with him.
I have nothing against the Humanist movement of Judaism (Judaism without God). I consider the people Jews (if they were born Jewish) and recognize they are searching for something like the rest of us. However, I doubt their movement will survive past each individual - because there is no mechanism to promote continuity. Because I agree with Lieberman's observation - without God the system makes no sense.
That all said, there are many ways to define God within the tradition.
I didn't think you would agree with Joe. You haven't really in the past.

In the past you've said Jews don't have to believe in god. And I don't recall you qualifying it with the idea that their movement wouldn't survive. You've said you don't necessarily believe in god.

But of course if you call appreciating the beauty and wonder of a tree, believing in god, then I can also re-define being King of the World as being me being in charge of my life!

I do in fact agree with Joe and his position has been mine - not yours. Without the underlying belief, none of the rest of it makes any sense. Practice follows belief.

It's why any organization has some sort of a "mission statement." A set of values, aspirations, goals. Their actions and efforts come spring forth from this.

With religious believers, this is their statement of faith, their scripture etc. Makes sense to me.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#71615 Apr 14, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Sentience originates only from sentience.
Circular logic.

The earliest sentience(s) has to come from something else.

Location hidden

#71616 Apr 14, 2014
UNCLE FORMER must take care as his posts are once again radiating an unbalanced vibe that has a kind of a sucking pull on the energy fields of others.

This is the second time in a week that I have noticed this unbalanced vibe radiating from his posts.

I wish him very well and hope the unbalanced vibes lifts out of his consciousness-force field at the earliest.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71618 Apr 14, 2014
PSI RESEARCHERS AND JOEL

I am in personal touch with a few leading psi researchers from the UK, India and the US and have discussed online many interesting ideas with them such as:

1) Meditation

2) Trance

3) Samadhi (stasis)

4) Altered states of consciousness

5) Sentient energy

6) Brain as a transmitting instrument of the waves of sentient energy infusing it from external nature

7) Science of mantra

8) Phenomenon of death

9) OBE

10) NDE

11) Afterlife

12) Reincarnation

13) Techniques to revive past life memories

and other very interesting subjects.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#71619 Apr 14, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
yuck
cant complain. Did my taxes weeks ago.

Location hidden

#71620 Apr 14, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be a special case:
Effectiveness[edit]
The procedure is often not effective or only modestly effective, and does not get rid of sore throats altogether.[19][20] In children there is only a short-term benefit; without tonsillectomy a child who meets these strict criteria will probably have 6 throat infections in the next two years while one who has surgery will probably have 3 throat infections. After two years there is little difference in the rate of infection.[21]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillectomy#Ef...
My congenital weakness has been ear infection in times of stress. Painful with side of head swollen out. Need Percocet and antibiotic pill and ear drops. Fever etc. Not for several years so maybe just growing pains of young adulthood.
Thing is, there is a lot of evidence that antibiotics dont work. I.E. that the infection may get better regardless.

Location hidden

#71621 Apr 14, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if I'm hearing you...
WHY we do it isn't important. "....irrespective on their sources.."
We don't have to believe in anything and we don't know who wrote all this down or why.
As in the Army "There's no reason for it, it's policy."
It's a habit, a tradition. We do it this way because we've always done it this way.
What does "God is one" mean to you?
we do it because it provides a method to connect to God.

"One" - there is nothing(else) but God, and we are part of the interdependent whole.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#71622 Apr 14, 2014
THE SUBCONSCIOUS

1) When the yoga via the waking trance enters the subconscious region during the dynamic descent of the Higher Consciousness-Force the going gets real tough and very few can succeed in clearing out the subconscient of all its fears, habits, tics and suggestions.

2) In the human body, the subconscient is the force field corresponding to the soles of the feet from where the consciousness-force associated with the subconscient radiates upwards and enters the spine and outwards into the environment.

3) A person's subconscient force gets imprinted in his footwear and given my heightened degree of sensitivity, I can directly perceive the subconscious imprints in footwear and suffer if I happen to slip on someone else's footwear.

CAUTION - Never wear someone else's footwear and do not permit anyone else to use your footwear since there's always a transfer of the most morbid force impressions from the other person's subconscious into your own with the transfer causing setbacks in life, mental distress, illnesses, repetitive thoughts, upsurge of subsided bad habits and other adverse symptoms. It is a very subtle mechanism at work that's imperceptible to the ordinary consciousness of human beings.

Location hidden

#71623 Apr 14, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think you would agree with Joe. You haven't really in the past.
In the past you've said Jews don't have to believe in god. And I don't recall you qualifying it with the idea that their movement wouldn't survive. You've said you don't necessarily believe in god.
But of course if you call appreciating the beauty and wonder of a tree, believing in god, then I can also re-define being King of the World as being me being in charge of my life!
I do in fact agree with Joe and his position has been mine - not yours. Without the underlying belief, none of the rest of it makes any sense. Practice follows belief.
It's why any organization has some sort of a "mission statement." A set of values, aspirations, goals. Their actions and efforts come spring forth from this.
With religious believers, this is their statement of faith, their scripture etc. Makes sense to me.
Actually, you might not recollect, but my critique of the humanists has been posted here a few times before as well.(i.e. the lack of survival)

I do have the belief - its just not the same type of construct that you have inherited from your Western/secular/ Christian influenced culture.

I trust that Joe has enough of a Jewish education that he would know exactly where I was coming from, and agree with me.

Location hidden

#71624 Apr 14, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have to believe in anything and we don't know who wrote all this down or why.
Judaism is not Catholicism. We dont tell people what to think. We do share some core beliefs, of course. But there are 4 major movements (and a bunch of minor movements) that have staked out contrasting and conflicting terrain regarding the authenticity and divinity of torah. And even within the most fundamentalist of the movements (orthodoxy), argument and discussion is encouraged, if not outright mandated*. The Talmud is a thousand plus year old record of arguments - most without resolution. I think, coming from Christianity, you just might not be used to this type of religious culture.

Location hidden

#71625 Apr 14, 2014
There's one reality with the universe being its manifested form.

Location hidden

#71626 Apr 14, 2014
I AM G-D !

1) One field of consciousness-energy manifests itself as the cosmos with all its myriad of forms and phenomena and as such at the fundamental level there's nothing like a subject-object divide.

2) On the surface it appears to the exteriorized consciousness of man that the source (subject) is other than the cosmos or that the subject-object divide is real but on a deeper logical analysis it is understood that if the source is different from the cosmos then we have to posit the irrational idea of an extra-cosmic deity with anthropopathic traits who created the cosmos from nothing and who in spite of the absence of a causal link with the cosmos somehow manages to rule over it and judge the human species. This is scriptural bunk written by fools and aimed at fools.

3) We understand through a higher reasoning that the object is a holon and is nothing else but the subject (or the source) itself in manifestation and that at the core of existence there's nothing like a subject-object divide and that through yogic discipline this apparent subject-object divide can be dissolved and then the object experiences that he himself is the source or that he himself is G-d. "I am G-d" says the mystic who experiences this fundamental oneness with the source.

Location hidden

#71627 Apr 14, 2014
SUBJECT = OBJECT

NONDUALISM implies that the subject is not different from the object but that the object is the subject itself in manifestation. This supreme poise in consciousness is a matter of direct mystical experience during which the mystic experiences his fundamental oneness with the source/subject and affirms the logical truth that he now directly experiences - I AM G-D.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71629 Apr 14, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is, there is a lot of evidence that antibiotics dont work. I.E. that the infection may get better regardless.
This is very true of most ear infections in children. And no doubt that antibiotics are way over prescribed overall.

But generally we know this isn't true as infection was the number one killer in the world, before the age of antibiotics.

Now I think in the US heart disease is number 1 with cancer gaining. They may be about neck and neck.

Location hidden

#71630 Apr 14, 2014
IS THE ULTIMATE REALITY PANTHEISTIC?

Now arises a question:

If subject = object, then is the subject the same as the information field of the object (universe/individual self)?

If yes then it would mean that the object - universe/individual self - in its manifested form is G-d which is a logical fallacy in view of the evident drawbacks of the universe/individual self.

So, what then could be the true status of the subject if it is to be free of the limitations of its own objectivization?

The objectivization of the subject goes through numerous descents and undergoes various stages of division during the manifestation phase which accounts for its unregenerate nature.

So, if the ultimate reality (or the subject) is perfection then how can it be equated with its own objectivization which evidently is full of limitations and riddled with errors?

Isn't it a contradiction to equate subject with its own objectivization?

No, say the advanced yogis.

The objectivization of the subject is perfect at its core but that on the surface it appears limited and flawed and karma dents the surface all the more.

The object is a holon which contains at its core the perfection of the subject from which it has arisen from a state of self-manifestation of the subject.

The subject is as such not on par with its own objectivization in the manifestation which is the universe/individual self but since at the core of the objectivization is the perfection of the subject thus the true status of the subject is supracosmic and that when the object (being a holon) experiences via the highest yoga its true nature which resides at its core then it rises out of its surface narrowness and comes out of the limitations of the universal objectivization and becomes one with the essence of its core which is supracosmic and so in this supreme nondual poise in consciousness-force the object realizes its true nature which is that it is itself the subject - I am G-d, says the yogi.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#71631 Apr 14, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
we do it because it provides a method to connect to God.
"One" - there is nothing(else) but God, and we are part of the interdependent whole.
They taught us in the mental health portion of my education and clinical, to "never interrupt rituals (hand washing etc)" as the rituals reduce stress and serve a real purpose for the patient.

I only say this because it popped into my head.

Everything we do, we do for a reason.

And as you say, no real harm is caused. People do a lot things I don't understand.

BTW, Allan Dershowitz said something about how many other countries would have taken this Kansas guy out much earlier but that this is America. But also that free speech is not free. He also mentioned how he graduated first in his law class at Yale but still couldn't get a Wall St job due to being Jewish. But he considers that to all be over now.

Location hidden

#71632 Apr 14, 2014
The ultimate reality is supracosmic.

Location hidden

#71634 Apr 14, 2014
IS THE WHOLE MADE UP OF PARTS?

The Whole is the Whole and is not made up of parts.

Why?

Had the Whole been made up of parts then it's logical to assume that the organizing capacity in terms of information content of the Whole would resemble the total information content of its parts which as a consequence would make it a poor organizer and limited by the incapacities of the sum of its parts.

So, to avoid this problem, it makes better sense to understand that the superior information content needed to organize the activities and to arrange the connectedness of the parts can come about only if the information content of the Whole is much greater than the information content of each part or of the overall information of all the parts put together.

We conclude that the Whole is much greater in terms of information content than the information content of the sum of its parts.

When confronted by the systems' logic backed by Eastern mystical traditions of the connectedness of the entire matrix of existence and the imperative necessity of having one source manifesting as the interconnected universe which is possible only if we take our stand on nondualism without slipping into the illogic of creation ex nihilo and of the irrationality of pantheism, we then say that the Whole manifests as holons with each holon having at its core the wholeness of the Whole.

So, the very notion of the Whole being constituted of discrete parts is ridiculous.

Location hidden

#71635 Apr 14, 2014
The WHOLE manifests as HOLONS !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hearing set for teen who allegedly shot father ... (Jan '11) Wed Circe 6
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Oct 26 Insect Trust 37
Mimbres area Oct 24 Wherda 2
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Oct 21 silly12 6
A Possible Situation? Oct 13 yankeedudell 3
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct 13 yankeedudell 47
Forgery Cover up by GCSO Oct 13 Nick Jonas 2
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match

Pinos Altos People Search