Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71944 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70676 Apr 1, 2014
Infinity - Infinity = Infinity.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#70677 Apr 1, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
When I say atheist, I mean agnostic-atheist (or simply agnostic)- one who admits it's all unknown and (for now) unknowable. He does not state there is no god. That guy would be a gnostic atheist.
When you say atheist you mean agnostic-atheist? Don't you know that agnostic atheism is part of agnosticism and not of atheism as you and CoR thought?

By the way you gave the defitition of weak agnosticm, rather than agnostic atheist.
former res wrote:
<quoted text>So why do you call agnosticism a conclusion?
He says "I see no evidence of god" therefore I take no position either way. I'm a fence sitter.
Yup. On a second thought I retire my affermationn of agnosticism being a conclusion
former res wrote:
<quoted text>learned all this Catholic theology growing up and finally asked how we know any of it is true.
The response was, "Fatih." That's where I got off the bus.
Never understood the mentality of a believer.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#70678 Apr 1, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go deeper in to the literature, the answer would be yes.- one could become one with God
there is a famous debate about this - about whether deveket is union or just attachment
I dont know if you could get that off of google, you would have to get access to actual texts
the point is you are wrong
rabbee: well joel continuously calls many tantrums, just one tantra at a time.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#70679 Apr 1, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I have an invitation to travel with a group of friends to meet the DALAI LAMA in Dharamshala in Mcleodganj in Himachal Pradesh. The place is teeming with Tibetans, Europeans, Israelis, Indians and Chinese intel chaps. I am not going as the Dalai Lama has a dark character that's hidden behind his smiling face. He's some sort of an occultist of the negative school of Tantra. Besides, these days, the spontaneous yogic experiences have recommenced in quite a big way and so it would not be advisable for me to go on the trip.
You sound more like an agoraphobic and paranoid .
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I will not be flying down to AUROVILLE in Peninsular India to meet Aviram Rozin and others there because the current crop of spontaneous yogic experiences are too deep and too novel thus making me stay put at home. In this indrawn condition when wave upon wave of the higher consciousness-force keeps descending into my body from above the head giving me some of the most unique yogic experiences that I have ever experienced till date, it would be dangerous to venture out of home. For the past few hours, the dynamic descent of the higher consciousness-force has ceased. Let me see when it resumes.

Location hidden

#70680 Apr 1, 2014
EXPERIENCE OF TRANSFERRED JEALOUSY

People often use the phrase "burning with jealousy".

Yes, it's true.

Some time ago when sitting with an acquaintance, I made a remark about my days at IIT and how difficult the course was and how successfully it went for me .

As soon as I made this remark about my academic achievement, the person made a comment that was meant to lower my academic achievement and at that very instant when his jealousy became apparent to me I instantly felt a wave of unbalanced energy pass from his brain into mine and I still vividly remember the way it abnormally vibrated my brain with an intense burning sensation for at least a minute. I was in pain.

I then remembered the oft used phrase in English - "burning with jealousy".

Yes, the person was burning with jealousy and I on account of my highly sensitive nervous system that's open to all sorts of invading influences due tot the yoga experienced his jealousy as it radiated out of his brain.

Denver, CO

#70681 Apr 1, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be the only (non Chinese) person alive who thinks the Dali Lama is evil
Who needs Rorsach?
rabbee: well joel is not the only person, who thinks the dolly sheepa is an evil person. but the way i see it, two non-kosher evil critters are going to meet. with his dark tantrum, vs dolly's dark tantrum. in the meeting of, g-dzilla vs reptilicus. throwing their dragonballs, ka-mayo mayo's at each other.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#70682 Apr 1, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
mindfullness is a meditation practice
contemplation is a form of prayer that is also considered by many as meditation
Prayer itself isnt just in the form of petition. Its also can be in the forms of acknowledgement, and praise. At least that's how its approached in Judaism.
Well non-progress report.
Too much pain is considered a contra-indication to even start mindfullness.

DAFT
It seems you need some anchor/baseline.

Location hidden

#70683 Apr 1, 2014
RABBEE,

How are you?

I hope everything is well with you.

Tell me, is it possible to hear the subtlest of sounds when the auditory nerve opens up under the pressure of the dynamic descent of the higher consciousness-force?

Location hidden

#70684 Apr 1, 2014
I have had this experience of hearing extremely subtle sounds under the influence of the yogic force. The experience of hearing subtle sounds, in my case, included hearing the "chatter" of tiny ants and flies. I could not understand what the "chatter" was all about but I knew instinctively that the ants and flies were communicating among their own kind.

Location hidden

#70685 Apr 1, 2014
Need to rest.

Location hidden

#70686 Apr 1, 2014
MEDITATION

Meditation is the exclusive holding of an object or an idea in the mental force field while concentrating on a particular force center in the nervous system with the aim of knowing the essence of the object/idea by becoming one in consciousness with its force field.

Each force center in the nervous system responds to a specific mantra.

Meditation gives one direct knowledge about the object whose nature is sought to be known in all its details.

No room for shallow mathematical models and crude inferences in the meditative method.

Meditation unites one in consciousness with the force field of the object/idea and in this nondual experience one directly knows everything that is there to be known about the object/idea by becoming the object/idea through union of consciousness of the subject-object variety when all spatio-temporal barriers between the two break down.

Bye.

Denver, CO

#70687 Apr 1, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
RABBEE,
How are you?
I hope everything is well with you.
Tell me, is it possible to hear the subtlest of sounds when the auditory nerve opens up under the pressure of the dynamic descent of the higher consciousness-force?
rabbee: well how would i know, when nobody is all that subtle here. the fact is, none of you are making a sound, on this message thread and i can still refuse to hear you. but i can hear you now, without your lips moving.

when you see the liberal dottie lama, throw him a curve baal. ask him if he knows, what story he is in here from The G-D of Only The Torah again? in the story from THEM, that does not change for this world refusing to be here in IT again.

but as for how am i doing, well a lot better than this whole deluded world not here in This Story from G-D again. and your all not making me happy, that your all going to be the cause of me having to do this all again next time in the same story from G-D.

Denver, CO

#70688 Apr 1, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
MEDITATION
Meditation is the exclusive holding of an object or an idea in the mental force field while concentrating on a particular force center in the nervous system with the aim of knowing the essence of the object/idea by becoming one in consciousness with its force field.
Each force center in the nervous system responds to a specific mantra.
Meditation gives one direct knowledge about the object whose nature is sought to be known in all its details.
No room for shallow mathematical models and crude inferences in the meditative method.
Meditation unites one in consciousness with the force field of the object/idea and in this nondual experience one directly knows everything that is there to be known about the object/idea by becoming the object/idea through union of consciousness of the subject-object variety when all spatio-temporal barriers between the two break down.
Bye.
rabbee: have you thought of trying, medication instead? it is now legal here in Colorado, now you do know. and it is all written, in stoned now.

Denver, CO

#70689 Apr 1, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I have had this experience of hearing extremely subtle sounds under the influence of the yogic force. The experience of hearing subtle sounds, in my case, included hearing the "chatter" of tiny ants and flies. I could not understand what the "chatter" was all about but I knew instinctively that the ants and flies were communicating among their own kind.
rabbee: sounds like you are communicating, with your own kind now.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#70690 Apr 1, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say atheist you mean agnostic-atheist? Don't you know that agnostic atheism is part of agnosticism and not of atheism as you and CoR thought?
This is why I said labels can be misleading when two parties are not on the same page.

Agnosticism is not a belief system. It is a statement of knowledge. As is Gnosticism. It is meant to be used as a modifier to atheism, not as a replacement.

In the US, we often abbreviate agnostic atheist as simply atheist since a vast majority of atheists are, in fact, agnostic atheists (as opposed to gnostic atheists). Very few people are foolish enough to claim to be gnostic atheists.

From wiki...

Agnostic atheism, also called atheistic agnosticism, is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact. The agnostic atheist may be contrasted with the agnostic theist, who believes that one or more deities exist but claims that the existence or nonexistence of such is unknown or cannot be known.

Location hidden

#70691 Apr 1, 2014
Strong Agnostic: The view that the question of the existence or nonexistence of a deity or deities, and the nature of ultimate reality is (and always will be) unknowable

Weak Agnostic: The view that the existence or nonexistence of any deities is currently unknown but is not necessarily unknowable

----

Atheist: Does not believe in a deity or deities

Theist: Believes in a deity or deities

----

The first two definitions of agnosticism can be combined with the latter two definitions of atheism to form a total of four combinations:

Strong Agnostic Atheist or Weak Agnostic Atheist (what we commonly refer to simply as an atheist)

Strong Agnostic Theist, Weak Agnostic Theist (what we commonly refer to simply as a theist)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70692 Apr 1, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats interesting.
Because that is not how most Jews would approach it. We are trained to struggle, to wrestle, to question, to argue, and in the case of pure faith - view it as an action (and not a belief) and therefore as a practice in its own right.
I don't think we were ever taught to struggle with our faith but I know many Catholics (lay folks/priests/Jesuits/nuns) do struggle and struggle mightily. The church don't always make it easy to love her.

Some gifts come with strings attached. Believing is indeed active and dynamic, even fluid. Some days better than others, like any other relationship I imagine.

I have an uncle (devout Catholic, Georgetown Law grad) who is regularly driven to distraction by the church but refuses to be "driven out of his own religion." (He's the one who also refuses to acknowledge my situation....."You were born Catholic and you will always be Catholic" he says, lovingly of course..)
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70693 Apr 1, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think that the absence of belief may be due to more than one reason?.
I think it could be but not for most atheists.

I can't point to a study but would guess most atheists won't tell you they were raped by a priest and that turned them atheist.

I think most would say they have no evidence for the existence of god so they choose not to believe. Same goes for the Easter bunny. Santa Claus etc

And don't forget the pink elephants. I'm atheist on them too, for the record.

So maybe I can babysit Frijoles kid(s) one day.$10 cash/ hour
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I can apply your logic here, to which I disagree with it. It's one way. Simply put it, faith.

That's a word that means believing in something without any evidence.

Otherwise faith would not be needed to believe in it.

Correct?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70694 Apr 1, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Some notable quotes on faith:
"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions." -- Frater Ravus
"'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God,'for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'" -- Douglas Adams
"Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence." -- Anonymous
"The Way to see by Faith is to shut the Eye of Reason." -- Benjamin Franklin
"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -- Richard Dawkins
Good stuff. These speak to me.

My favorite is the first one:

"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions." -- Frater Ravus

Brilliant!

Location hidden

#70695 Apr 1, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we were ever taught to struggle with our faith but I know many Catholics (lay folks/priests/Jesuits/nuns) do struggle and struggle mightily. The church don't always make it easy to love her.
Some gifts come with strings attached. Believing is indeed active and dynamic, even fluid. Some days better than others, like any other relationship I imagine.
I have an uncle (devout Catholic, Georgetown Law grad) who is regularly driven to distraction by the church but refuses to be "driven out of his own religion." (He's the one who also refuses to acknowledge my situation....."You were born Catholic and you will always be Catholic" he says, lovingly of course..)
Another negative thing about faith (at least in regards to Xtianity), is that if you don't have it, then you must be doing something wrong. I.e. it's your fault. You have a cold heart, you're angry at god, you're angry at the church, you had a bad experience, you're being selfish, yada..yada..yada... It's unfathomable to this people that someone can approach the problem rationally and with introspection and come to a conclusion different than them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A local intstitution 3 hr guest 2
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) 13 hr Kohlikohn 51
Federal law enforcement agencies conduct meth s... Aug '15 dmac2030 4
News Yankie Street whitewater Jul '15 Msgtdon 1
News Luna County enters Joint Powers Agreement for C... Jul '15 American Citizen 4
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
News Tour of the Gila benefits everyone not just cyc... (May '12) May '12 Old Man 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages