Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,629
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70499 Mar 31, 2014
IMMORAL FEMALES WHO'RE DEVOID OF MATERNAL INSTINCTS

Women who lead an immoral life by having sex with dozens of men since teen years and who may have undergone many abortions over the years get so desensitized in mind, emotions and body that in later years many of these whorish females desire to remain childless as the natural maternal instinct in them is deadened.

Besides, if such sluttish females procreate, their kids will carry the same whorish instincts in their psychologies.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70500 Mar 31, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true.
Not too long after I was confirmed, I realized I probably should have declined. Though that wouldn't have gone over well at that young age.(Plus I would have missed out on a nice little party a few gifts....though I doubt I made out near as well as Frijoles did!)
Nah, I was bar mitzvahed in an age before things got flashy, in a town that was modestly middle class.

Location hidden

#70501 Mar 31, 2014
COR: "So God sent himself (Jesus) in human form to be sacrificed to himself in order to save mankind."

JOEL: Is that the meaning if the story, Filthy Idiot?

Habits, tendencies, beliefs and ideas can be transmitted from person to person.

Depending on the receptivity of the person to that extent these above-mentioned transmissions affect his mind, emotions or physical health.

Epigenetics is about environmental; impulses modifying the gene output or even the gene itself if the influence is sufficiently powerful and sufficiently sustained. The nerve endings pick up environmental impulses as vibrations which then pass through the nerves and enter the brain and so on.

The Christians have not understand the subtle mechanism of energy transfers and so think that Jesus came to save the world.

Jesus did not save the world but died by absorbing adverse vibes from many people around him and by absorbing much of their negative load of impulses their load of negativity lessened as a result and in this manner it may be said that these persons (whose load of negativity as reduced by transfer of impulses to Jesus's force field) were, to an extent, "saved".

Sit near a soothing and a receptive person or an object and soon if you're sensitive enough you will feel your burdens, stresses and troubles lessening and an inner peace arising in you.

This happens due to exchange of vibes.

So, everything in nature involves exchange of impulses in the form of energy pulses or waves of consciousness carried by the energy impulses. These constant exchanges of information modify output in everything involved in the processes.

At a deeper level of consciounsess, one can absorb another person's subconscious imprints and assimilate these in one's own mental field. If the build up of adverse influences exceed a certain limit of tolerance limit, then, the person receiving the impulses may suffer mentally, emotionally or physically and may fall ill or even die.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70502 Mar 31, 2014
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coast-gua...

A body was spotted in the Pacific Ocean on Monday about two miles from the California beach where a man was swept into the sea during a baptism the day before, officials said.

The Santa Barbara County Fire Department received "numerous reports" of a body near Guadalupe Dunes Park as they searched for a male in his 40s who went missing after he was pulled into the water, said David Sadecki, a Fire Department spokesman.....

.......Members of a Santa Maria Church told NBC affiliate KSBY that they were conducting a baptism when the church members got pulled into the surf.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#70503 Mar 31, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true.
Not too long after I was confirmed, I realized I probably should have declined. Though that wouldn't have gone over well at that young age.(Plus I would have missed out on a nice little party a few gifts....though I doubt I made out near as well as Frijoles did!)
Same here re: Confirmation, but I wasn't an atheist yet at the time, so no regrets.

Later in life, however, I was faced with a dliemna of revealing my atheism to a very religious family or accepting an invite to be a godfather (on several occasions). I chose to maintain the peace and accept the offers. It did require some mental gymnastics on my part to justify the internal hypocrisy I was feeling.

Location hidden

#70504 Mar 31, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that all religions are created equal. I don't think so. But that could be for another day or two or three.(Christianity certainly takes another giant leap of faith beyond the OT. While Buddhists are fairly loose. from what I hear/you tell me.)
Regarding other religions - I am of the position of who am I to judge?

Bhuddism, the non folk version, doesnt claim to be a religion. Its a practice. But the fact is there are assumptions about the nature of reality as well, so it does converge at least a little in that direction, despite all claims not to.
former res wrote:
<quoted text>But it's true what CoR said that antiquity somehow bestows a certain weight or respect in some of us.
I am not sure about that - I think that needs to be parsed quite a bit

Jewish texts are not any more true because of their age, they are considered valued according to their intrinsic worth. Torah is the most valuable of course. But the the later works - like the Talmud and the Commentators, are valued according to their logic and their place in the context of the body of law. Other texts like Midrash, which tend to be free wheeling stories, have no canon value, but are appreciated as art. Overall there is respect for tradition, but tradition does change. And the tradition is not for the sake of tradition, one follows tradition for the sake of practical application (think "body of law" - it builds on itself).

I think COR may be referring to an argument that the bible must be true because it is old. That is a Christian argument. A Jew would argue perhaps that the text of the Torah has not changed (and there is plenty of scholarly work that addresses the veracity of that claim) but its "truth" is not based upon age but upon its essence.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#70505 Mar 31, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I was bar mitzvahed in an age before things got flashy, in a town that was modestly middle class.
I heard those things can cost just as much as a wedding these days.

Location hidden

#70506 Mar 31, 2014
There's a slight respite from the yogic experience since an hour or so with the higher consciounsess-force retreating from the body to an extent. Need to rest.

Location hidden

#70507 Mar 31, 2014
FRIJOLES: "Bhuddism, the non folk version, doesnt claim to be a religion. Its a practice. But the fact is there are assumptions about the nature of reality as well, so it does converge at least a little in that direction, despite all claims not to."

JOEL: ERROR. Rubbish. Couldn't help responding to this ignorant assertion.

Religion means to "yoke".

To yoke what to what?

More in detail, later.

I am not in a position to reply at present.

I can't sit here any longer and need to lie down.

Location hidden

#70508 Mar 31, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard those things can cost just as much as a wedding these days.
I have been to some like that.

I also know a few parents who offered their children the choice of a party or a family trip to Israel. A trip is more permanently meaningful.

In the old days, all a Bar Mitzvah would entail would be to be called up the Torah during services - a milestone because only "men" could do this. Nowadays there is a lot more baggage associated with it.

I was also "confirmed". To this day I have no idea why. Its not a Jewish tradition. I think it might of been somehow an incentive to stick with Hebrew school post b.mitzvah.

Location hidden

#70509 Mar 31, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
FRIJOLES: "Bhuddism, the non folk version, doesnt claim to be a religion. Its a practice. But the fact is there are assumptions about the nature of reality as well, so it does converge at least a little in that direction, despite all claims not to."
JOEL: ERROR. Rubbish. Couldn't help responding to this ignorant assertion.
Religion means to "yoke".
To yoke what to what?
More in detail, later.
I am not in a position to reply at present.
I can't sit here any longer and need to lie down.
yoke? What are you talking about?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70510 Mar 31, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Brainless Idiot,
Which are these silly stories of ancient/modem religions are you referring to?
Give me 2 or 3 examples (excluding creation from nothing which is really an irrational teaching of certain faiths) and I'll show you some deeper meaning beneath the myths, metaphors and allegories.
If I had a nickel for every time I heard that offer.......

Location hidden

#70511 Mar 31, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Having been on the inside myself, I can attest that it is just as batshxt crazy there as it is on the outside.
I appreciate the comment - found it funny in fact

but it missed the point a little. An inner life isnt so simple to understand from an external point of view. Which, arguable, was still your perspective, obviously.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70512 Mar 31, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
No child is born "tabula rasa".
Had you thought a little deeper you wouldn't have made that stupid comment.
A child is born with his ancestral psychology, emotionality and physicality contributed by both father and mother and so in this sense it may be said that the psychological, emotional and physical flaws are inherent in the new born ("sins of the parents are on their children").
Besides, if reincarnation is valid, in keeping with causation and in view of the dozens of verified cases of past birth memories, then, the child's consciousness holds his previous birth tendencies which cannot be explained by heredity in many instances.
So, in either instance or in both ways, no child is born with a clean slate (tabula rasa).
Understand, now?
Pay attention, Mr. Fancypants.

He wasn't making the statement.

He was paraphrasing the faith to make a point.

Remember, your god gave you two ears but only one mouth.

Use them proportionately.

Location hidden

#70513 Mar 31, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had a nickel for every time I heard that offer.......
he still hasnt recanted from yesterdays assertions which i questioned

intellectual lightweight for sure

acting like a spoiled child being ignored

but still ripe for our amusement
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70514 Mar 31, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We had a free night at the Waldorf-Astoria (Hilton Honor Points) years ago; and there were signs up pointing to a private are for some kid's bar mitzvah party.

I bet that kid made out very well!

But of course his mom and dad had to return the favor several times over.

I think I got a watch a maybe $25 or so.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70515 Mar 31, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here re: Confirmation, but I wasn't an atheist yet at the time, so no regrets.
Later in life, however, I was faced with a dliemna of revealing my atheism to a very religious family or accepting an invite to be a godfather (on several occasions). I chose to maintain the peace and accept the offers. It did require some mental gymnastics on my part to justify the internal hypocrisy I was feeling.
yeah me too.

I'm my best friend's first born's god father.

I file that under my old refrain of pragmatism-over-idealism.

Go along to get along and so on.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70516 Mar 31, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding other religions - I am of the position of who am I to judge?
Sounds like you're channeling Pope Francis (re gays).

"Judge" may be too strong a word. I prefer to think of it as critical thinking.

But of course we judge...I don't think we can help it.

Some of us judge OUR religion to be the right one, at least right for us.

Some us may say Scientology is a load of crap. Some of us may reject ALL religions....
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure about that - I think that needs to be parsed quite a bit
Jewish texts are not any more true because of their age.........
I should have said "many of us bestow more honor and respect on that which is old (whether this truth is real OR imagined)"

Pure perception.

Location hidden

#70517 Mar 31, 2014
MORE ON RELIGION - TO YOKE

RELIGION is derived from the Latin word "religare" which means to yoke, bind or join.

So, what does it mean?

What has to be yoked to what?

Religion, in its nondual essence, is realization.

The outer form of religion is prayers, head bowing, shabbat, abstinence, pilgrimage, fasting, circumcision, tonsuring the head and the like.

If a religion is stuck on the shallow level of dualism, then, its outer form is its essence by which a follower binds himself to his G-d through prayers, pilgrimage, fasting, shabbat, circumcision, blood sacrifice and other external customs, while, on the other hand, if a religion is of a nondualistic nature then it exhorts its followers to bind in consciousness-force with its source through mystical experience which leads to the dissolution of the subject-object divide. In the nondual experience advocated by certain religions, the individual's lower self unites in consciousness-force with his higher self and becomes one or yoked with it.

Location hidden

#70518 Mar 31, 2014
BUDDHISM IS A RELIGION

Buddhism, like every other religion, is a religion in the sense that it exhorts its followers to take refuge in Buddha, Sang (church) and Dharma (core principles that uphold existence).

This is how a Buddhist yokes himself outwardly in Buddhism.

The inner practice of Buddhism which is termed the Nirvana state of existence is based on meditation, mantra and breathing patterns lead to trance and subsequently to the union of the lower self (exteriorized consciousness-force) with the subliminal self that's free of the distractions, stresses and upheavals of the lower self that's involved in its own petty desires, shallow thoughts and environment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Nov 21 savant 40
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov 7 Realist 615
Hearing set for teen who allegedly shot father ... (Jan '11) Oct 29 Circe 6
Mimbres area Oct '14 Wherda 2
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Oct '14 silly12 6
A Possible Situation? Oct '14 yankeedudell 3
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct '14 yankeedudell 47
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match

Pinos Altos People Search