Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,397
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70451 Mar 30, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Sergios has delicious garlic bread with cheese, its a cheap addition to salad.
Gotta watch those pennies...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#70452 Mar 30, 2014
former res wrote:
Enjoy this brief musical interlude:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xlbDHejQFV4XX
I've been wanting to see this in NYC for a while, but tickets are hard to come by and prices are crazy.

Location hidden

#70453 Mar 30, 2014
Christians, You’re Not Victims

From what I read and hear, conservative evangelical Christians are feeling victimized by developments in American culture and in the ways they are being treated under new anti-discrimination laws. In ever greater numbers, they are appealing to the courts to grant them “relief” from regulations that they feel violates their freedom of religion.“Religious liberty” has become the rallying cry for a legal “remedy” to the violation of what they see as their freedom to practice their religion.

It is understandable that religious conservatives would feel uncomfortable and unsettled by recent developments in the church and in the culture. But are they victims? Is there, as many would claim, a “war on religion?”...

http://news.yahoo.com/christians-not-victims-...

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#70454 Mar 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The Straight Dope: Can you be an atheist and still be Jewish?
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1503...
Why I am an ((Jewish)) agnostic theist
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/blog/rabbis-w...
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/90...
Modern Jewish Views.
In all essentials, modern Judaism shares the position of Maimonides. It regards all attempts at descriptive connotations of the Godhead as anthropomorphic makeshifts to find words for a thought which in reality is beyond the power of human tongue adequately to convey. God is. In Himself, He is unknowable. In so far as He is in relation to our own self, the life of Israel, the human family, and the world, He is known. Up to a certain point, then, Judaism is agnostic. It parts company with Agnosticism at the point where the certitude of our own immediate consciousness of the reality beyond the limited range of sensational experience is called into doubt. By the light of this consciousness, which is an immediate datum, by the facts of his own identity and persistency as a conscious entity in time and space—yet withal above time and space, and constituted into a moral personality by the additional data of Israel's history and the guidance of the world and humanity—the Jew, in accordance with Judaism's doctrine, draws the warrant for predicating in his faltering human language the existence of that "power not ourselves making for righteousness," paraphrasing attributes which agnostic metaphysics, in its confusion of the implications and the limitations of knowledge, refuses to admit. The Unknowable God, through the medium of human cognition, is apprehended as the God who is, and, as existing, is known by analogy and brought nearer to man by symbolism rooted in human experience and human self-consciousness
rabbee: G-D is only as unknowable, as you refuse to know THEM. G-D is only as un-seeable, as you refuse to see THEM. G-D is only as un-hearable as you refuse to hear THEM. why does G-D not want anything to do, with you who all want nothing to do with THEM? G-D is not the one, who alienated themselves from G-D.

last i heard, those who are alleged as jews are those who say yes to G-D. so how can any atheist saying no to G-D, ever be considered as a jew? it is far easier to know G-D, than it is to know yourself without THEM.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70455 Mar 30, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Sergios has delicious garlic bread with cheese, its a cheap addition to salad.
Where it be?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70456 Mar 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievable!
Good stuff!

If you enter "Book of Mormon" into YouTube, all the songs are there. Very clever material.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70457 Mar 30, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been wanting to see this in NYC for a while, but tickets are hard to come by and prices are crazy.
Probably a little cheaper in Hartford but not by much.

Excellent road show. Great reviews.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70458 Mar 30, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
From what I read and hear, conservative evangelical Christians are feeling victimized by developments in American culture and in the ways they are being treated under new anti-discrimination laws. In ever greater numbers, they are appealing to the courts to grant them “relief” from regulations that they feel violates their freedom of religion.“Religious liberty” has become the rallying cry for a legal “remedy” to the violation of what they see as their freedom to practice their religion.
It is understandable that religious conservatives would feel uncomfortable and unsettled by recent developments in the church and in the culture. But are they victims? Is there, as many would claim, a “war on religion?”...
According to Fox News, absolutely!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70460 Mar 30, 2014
The intensity of the latest yogic experience is too extreme....I am swaying, barely able to keep my eyes open (the eyes are often being forced to upturn) and unable to endure the intense heat created by the dynamic descent into the body of the force of the higher degrees of consciousness from the planes above the head.

Location hidden

#70461 Mar 30, 2014
Science, crass materialism and religion appear so puny and so ignorant before the profound experiences that the yoga is bringing to me in this ordinary stage. I can only imagine what the advanced yogic experiences, as described by Patanjali, Aurobindo and other greats, could be like. The the highest degree of consciousness attained to and advanced powers gained via the deepest yogic experiences are on a cosmic scale and are so radical that they're hard to describe. Only a handful of the yogis have been/are that advanced. Science is truly as insignificant as "an ant" and is wrong on most counts and where it is correct its inferences/knowledge is superficial.

Location hidden

#70462 Mar 30, 2014
I need to lie down to assimilate the dynamic descent of the higher consciounsess-force. I can barely sit here typing.
Abolish The Fed

Stamford, CT

#70463 Mar 30, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Where it be?
East main st Stamford.
Abolish The Fed

Stamford, CT

#70464 Mar 30, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
Do you love your parents?
Abolish The Fed

Norwalk, CT

#70465 Mar 30, 2014
Any black men looking for gay times?

Location hidden

#70467 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
Any black men looking for gay times?
Hugh would seize the chance.

Do you think gay sex is abnormal even though homosexuality is observed across a wide spectrum of species?

The fact that gay sex cannot result in procreation is patently clear and so gays cannot propagate humanity and had most men been gay then by now the human species would have become extinct or would have been on the verge of extinction.

Where procreation is concerned, gay sex is abnormal but what about gay sex per se without involving procreation?

If unlike charges/unlike magnetic poles attract then at the level of sentient species shouldn't unlike genders be sexually attracted to each other in keeping with the natural law of unlikes attracting at least where basic nature is concerned?

What do you say?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70468 Mar 31, 2014
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
East main st Stamford.
Used to frequent Pappa's Pizza back in the mid-70s.

Loved those little personal size pizzas.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70469 Mar 31, 2014
LDS Church response[edit]

The response of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the musical has been described as "measured".[66] The church released an official response to inquiries regarding the musical, stating, "The production may attempt to entertain audiences for an evening, but the Book of Mormon as a volume of scripture will change people's lives forever by bringing them closer to Christ."[67] Michael Otterson, the head of Public Affairs for the church, followed in April 2011 with measured criticism. "Of course, parody isn't reality, and it's the very distortion that makes it appealing and often funny. The danger is not when people laugh but when they take it seriously—if they leave a theater believing that Mormons really do live in some kind of a surreal world of self-deception and illusion", Otterson wrote, outlining various humanitarian efforts achieved by Mormon missionaries in Africa in recent years.[68][69].......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Morm... (musical)#Reception

Location hidden

#70470 Mar 31, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugh would seize the chance.
Do you think gay sex is abnormal even though homosexuality is observed across a wide spectrum of species?
The fact that gay sex cannot result in procreation is patently clear and so gays cannot propagate humanity and had most men been gay then by now the human species would have become extinct or would have been on the verge of extinction.
Where procreation is concerned, gay sex is abnormal but what about gay sex per se without involving procreation?
If unlike charges/unlike magnetic poles attract then at the level of sentient species shouldn't unlike genders be sexually attracted to each other in keeping with the natural law of unlikes attracting at least where basic nature is concerned?
What do you say?
Dork,

that was a troll

be attentive. Yoga is not excuse for blindness

Location hidden

#70471 Mar 31, 2014
former res wrote:
LDS Church response[edit]
. The danger is not when people laugh but when they take it seriously—if they leave a theater believing that Mormons really do live in some kind of a surreal world of self-deception and illusion",
I dont think its a theological issue, as much as an age issue. Missionaries tend to be young adults at that stage at their lives with limited experience and much naivety, often from sheltered backgrounds. Probably a significant amount of them grow up very quickly through mission, which is usually seen as a big adventure (rightfully so IMO).

Location hidden

#70472 Mar 31, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Fox News, absolutely!
Fox News motto (per Stephen Colbert): "We Report, But You Should Really Check With Someone Else".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Range Artist plan plein air show Thu I love the southwest 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Wed Insect Trust 30
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 11 FEDUPw-dumb-mean-... 45
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 5 Yes 11
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Sep 5 Raquel Placencio 7
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
•••
•••
Pinos Altos Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pinos Altos Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE