Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,257
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70097 Mar 25, 2014
TEST OF A TRUE PROPHET

1) A true prophet should be a knower of the entire past, present and future (through the yogic vision).

2) A true prophet should have the yogic power to instantly neutralize adverse circumstances in and around him without saying a word and without indulging in violence.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70098 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Marshall predicted war if Truman recognized and I think it happened the next day.
Don't know the answer or the solution. Not sure if anyone does.
The conflict was well ensconced even before the state was recognized, so I dont think it took much of a genius to make such a statement - just someone with eyes wide open.

Before the Arab spring, I did have some hopes. But now I am convinced that the Arabs will never in our lifetimes get their sht together. And am somewhat disgusted that portions of the outside population waste valuable energy condemning Israel through boycotts etc for activities that pale in comparison to the death and destruction occurring daily in the rest of the Muslim world.

Location hidden

#70099 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
At the Beirut Summit on 28 March 2002, the league adopted the Arab Peace Initiative,[24] a Saudi-inspired peace plan for the Arab–Israeli conflict. The initiative offered full normalization of the relations with Israel. In exchange, Israel was required to withdraw from all occupied territories, including the Golan Heights, to recognize Palestinian independence in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, with East Jerusalem as its capital, as well as a "just solution" for the Palestinian refugees. The Peace Initiative was again endorsed at 2007 in the Riyadh Summit. In July 2007, the Arab League sent a mission, consisting of the Jordanian and Egyptian foreign ministers, to Israel to promote the initiative
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_League#Fore...
Except that Israel does not agree that all the "territories" are occupied (there are ancestral claims), probably would never seriously consider giving up the Golan (couldnt even imagine it now considering the major war being fought in Syria), and East Jerusalem is usually interpreted as the Old City itself (would never happen).

So, in essence, the Saudis were promoting something that any student of the middle east, including them, and certainly Marshall would know to be a nonstarter.

Dunno what the answer either. Was more hopeful before the Arab spring.

Location hidden

#70100 Mar 25, 2014
Politics is the last refuge of scoundrels.

Location hidden

#70101 Mar 25, 2014
I would love to see a borderless world in which religion has been overthrown by reason and reason has been replaced in a sizeable number of people with an omnijective perception that does away with crude inferences and shallow logic by dissolving the subject-object divide. If these aforementioned superior conditions can be gradually established in a significant section of the world's population, it will signal a huge evolutionary jump in consciousness from a crude state of existence to one that's nearer to perfection.

Location hidden

#70102 Mar 25, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I would love to see a borderless world in which religion has been overthrown by reason and reason has been replaced in a sizeable number of people with an omnijective perception that does away with crude inferences and shallow logic by dissolving the subject-object divide. If these aforementioned superior conditions can be gradually established in a significant section of the world's population, it will signal a huge evolutionary jump in consciousness from a crude state of existence to one that's nearer to perfection.
Practice what you whine.

Try lasting a full day without posting crude inferences.

Location hidden

#70103 Mar 25, 2014
GIVE UP THE STUPIDITY OF DIVISION

Clinging to stolen land, land grabbing, executing genocidal wars, indulging in racism and engineering false flags owe their origin to imperialism, greed and religious mumbo jumbo.

The ME is the crucible of conflagration since 5 or 6 decades owing to the clashes over land, religious nonsense and racist tendencies.

As long as the savage instinct of "they" versus "us" exists we'll see greater instability and numerous wars leading to heightened instability in the region that'll affect the economies of all nations and could lead to global conflicts.

The minute we see everyone sans our innate racist biases and recognize everyone's fundamental right to co-exist and to be given a fair deal and the instant we stop viewing peoples and events through the warped spectacles of religious nonsense and replace this false vision with a true consciousness that perceives the underlying natural law of unity in variety, then the wounded world will begin healing and peace and unity will begin suffuse the world.

Location hidden

#70104 Mar 25, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Practice what you whine.

Try lasting a full day without posting crude inferences.
With or without inferences, it can be easily shown that the Hebrew Bible is flawed based as it is on a borrowed Babylonian dualism that as known is pure BS and that Moses is not fit to sit at the feet of Jesus. LOL.

Location hidden

#70105 Mar 25, 2014
CRUX OF EXISTENCE:

The minute we see everyone sans our innate racist biases and recognize everyone's fundamental right to co-exist and to be given a fair deal and the instant we stop viewing peoples and events through the warped spectacles of religious nonsense and replace this false vision with a true consciousness that perceives the underlying natural law of unity in variety, then the wounded world will begin healing and peace and unity will begin to suffuse the world.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70106 Mar 25, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant compare both nations in terms of the same year, but rather in the terms of the same stage of development.
Israel needs the West Bank to buffer against attack on its thin coastal strip. So there is geocontext as well.
Anyway, the point I am making isnt about Israel, or about Crimea (I surely understand its importance to Russia), its about Carter's hypocrisy. i.e. that he is willing to reward one nation for successfully cleansing and then aggrandizing, but then condemn another for basically doing the same thing (but in an earlier stage of development). The more prudent thing to do, given his public record, on his level, would be to withhold comment.
He's only a hypocrite if the situations are comparable. I've dealt with that.

What does his Nobel Peace Prize have to do with this?!

:))

Location hidden

#70107 Mar 25, 2014
The grandest prophet the world has known is the Buddha.

Location hidden

#70108 Mar 25, 2014
Not a single prophet of any religion is fit to sit at the feet of the sublime Buddha.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70109 Mar 25, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that Israel does not agree that all the "territories" are occupied (there are ancestral claims), probably would never seriously consider giving up the Golan (couldnt even imagine it now considering the major war being fought in Syria), and East Jerusalem is usually interpreted as the Old City itself (would never happen).
So, in essence, the Saudis were promoting something that any student of the middle east, including them, and certainly Marshall would know to be a nonstarter.
Dunno what the answer either. Was more hopeful before the Arab spring.
Clearly someone has to give up something.

This is why the divorce rate is so high.

No one is willing to compromise.

What about all the Arabs who were "uprooted" in 1948?

Don't the Arabs have a legitimate grievance about the land?

Can you see if from their point of view as well?

Half the time when a friend or family member come to me complaining about how someone screwed them or whatever, I ask questions and realize they're at fault as well, maybe even more. Sorry. They never want to hear it. We all have a bias - can't help it.

Location hidden

#70110 Mar 25, 2014
I am reaching home in 15 minutes.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70111 Mar 25, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I am reaching home in 15 minutes.
Are you bringing a good-looking, well-dressed young man home with you?

We wouldn't want you to get lonely and/or anxious.

Location hidden

#70112 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you bringing a good-looking, well-dressed young man home with you?

We wouldn't want you to get lonely and/or anxious.
wah!

On a serious note, yes, I at times get propositioned in the luxury night clubs that I visit by sexy females and lustful bisexuals who tell me openly they want to sleep with me.

I don't like it and rebuff them or laugh it off or pretend that I have not understood.

Location hidden

#70113 Mar 25, 2014
SOLUTION FOR THE ME

I don't see peace prevailing in the ME at any point in time in the near or in the distant future given the incisive fault-lines that're only deepening over time and besides there's not the least sign of an elevated universal consciousness developing in that region where selfishness, imperialism, greed, racism and religious nonsense are at a maximum.

A decisive war in the near future should settle the fate of the ME once and for all.

The war is most likely to witness the complete destruction of Israel, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and other major players in the troubled region.

Great news.

Location hidden

#70114 Mar 25, 2014
LET THE MIDDLE EAST BE DESTROYED

The faster the complete destruction of Israel, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and other ME nations takes place, the better.

Anyway, most of the inhabitants of the aforementioned ME nations are savages, genetically abnormal inbred types and fanatical subhumans and so the faster Israel, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and other ME countries are destroyed the better it will augur for global peace.

I know the ME war may well turn into a global conflict but at least peace will thereafter prevail and if the world is accidentally turned into nuclear waste due to a world war it will be sad but at least the world will not be held hostage to these subhuman types living in Israel, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and other places in that region.

Hopefully, only Israel, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and other ME nations should be completely destroyed in an intense regional war.

Location hidden

#70115 Mar 25, 2014
Off to shower and then I will begin reading a well-researched book on the architecture of forts, palaces and cities of ancient civilizations in Asia beginning with China, Indus Valley, Mesopotamia and Sumeria. Bye.

Location hidden

#70116 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
He's only a hypocrite if the situations are comparable. I've dealt with that.
What does his Nobel Peace Prize have to do with this?!
:))
I guess where we have to agree to disagree is that i am positing that the situations are comparable (the argument about the impact of historical population transfers on current demography - both places shared this) If you want, we can wait 10 more years when Jews DO constitute more than 60% of the population and then re-ask the question. But I thought one would could appreciate this extrapolation, as it is probably inevitable.

Lets try it this way.

Back when Tatars where still in the process of leaving Crimea (forcibly or otherwise), and Russians were still forcibly colonizing, and when the Russian population was less than 60%, and the minority Russians were pining for Russian statehood, would you (or Carter) still agree that Crimea should be Russian? Probably not.(or maybe so?) Then why give them the free pass NOW, as a reward for their imperialism? And in the same token, chastise Israel for doing the same? Thats the comparison.

I dont recollect invoking his Peace Prize credentials, just his public record as a public statesman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:01 pm PST

NBC Sports12:01PM
Arians announces Lindley will start Sunday, doesn't rule out Stanton for playoffs
Bleacher Report12:06 PM
Sanders (Hip) Questionable to Play vs. OAK
NBC Sports12:12 PM
Cards could get Warner, but cutting him
NBC Sports12:44 PM
Arizona's Lindley back at starter, Stanton has infection - NBC Sports
ESPN 3:27 PM
Harbaugh stays tight-lipped on 49ers future