Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,480
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#69608 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Being a virgin Indian,
Hi American nurse.

BTW, I'm an Indian citizen but I'm not an ethnic Indian.

Location hidden

#69609 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Nor can you comment on various beers and their relative taste differences.
Being veg and a teetotaler, I rely on the knowledgeable opinions of my friends and F&B experts who I personally know in the Taj and elsewhere, where the subject of non-veg food and alcohol is concerned.

Location hidden

#69610 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I have been to many of the finest restaurants in the US. New York City; Philadelphia; San
Francisco and so on. Not to mention London, Hong Kong and Rome.

If you conflate and confuse ambiance and pretension [the use of affectation to impress; ostentatiousness] with the quality of the food, then again - it is you who are bedazzled and confused.
Yet, you lack the knowledge about the difference in dining at a Michelin star restaurant and an ordinary eatery.

I'm telling you again that you're not a connoisseur of food, style and ambience.

You may have eaten in some good restaurants but you lack the knowledge of discernment.

Ok, you can keep thinking that you know a lot about food.

Location hidden

#69611 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Your clueless comments put me in mind of the nouveau riche, or some red neck who recently won the lottery.
You come across as an ordinary guy lacking in intelligence, education, focus, seriousness, style and exposure to sophistication.

Pardon me for saying so.

Location hidden

#69612 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you consider a humane death to be cruel?

Or is death itself cruel?
I find killing cruel.

Everything material comes with a shelf life...unless the reports of select yogis overcoming death are true.

One such yogi is Subhash Chandra Bose who has manged to stay alive till 117 years or so while another who goes by the name of Barfani Baba is supposed to be 220 years or so. he lives in a hermitage on the banks of the Narmada and is accessible to people at certain times of the year. The Himalayan yogis like Maha Avatar Babaji are older with Babaji said to be 2000 years old. Details of Babaji are contained in the book An Autobiography of a Yogi by Yogananda who supposedly met him.

Location hidden

#69613 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

If animals are properly cared for and then put to death humanely, how is this bad?
What do you mean by a "humane" death?

Location hidden

#69614 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Atheists would be very unlikely to do this (incest), despite your rant
Why would atheists refrain from incest - father having sex with daughter, son having sex with mother, brother having sex with sister?

What is the evidence that goes against incest since atheists always ask for evidence?

So, can you point out to me certain scientific laws that indicate that incest is wrong?

Which laws of science tell us that incest is either right or wrong as the case may be?

Location hidden

#69615 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you consider a humane death to be cruel?
Humane death?

If you're married to a female, well, then, why don't we take good care of that barren wife of yours who lacks maternal instincts and after fattening her up why don''t we "humanely" slit her throat and hand her flesh and bones to the cannibals to relish?

If we can do it to the animals, why not to your wife?

LOL
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69616 Mar 17, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I once turned down a trip to China because I was afraid of the food. Dog meat wasnt the only issue. The idea of plasticizers as nutritional amendments was a scary idea.
I only ate lunch there once 35 years ago while on a one-day tour from Hong Kong.(My dad lived in HK for a couple of years while working for IBM.)

The country was only recently opened up and they put on quite a show for us - children singing American show tunes etc.

Very drab colors; many people riding old fashion bikes with big balloon tires; peasants trying to sell us pieces of sugar cane.

I remember eating some sort of fried fish which tasted ok; though it could just have easily been dog meat (or mixed with dog meat; or monkey brains).

Almost anything tastes good breaded and fried, esp when you're hungry.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69617 Mar 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi American nurse.
BTW, I'm an Indian citizen but I'm not an ethnic Indian.
Semi-retired RE investor; 4 years away from being able to tap
my IRA (retirement account)- hard to believe I'm that old!

What is your ethnic heritage?

Mine is mostly Irish.

BTW - Happy St Paddy's Day to everyone!
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69618 Mar 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Being veg and a teetotaler, I rely on the knowledgeable opinions of my friends and F&B experts who I personally know in the Taj and elsewhere, where the subject of non-veg food and alcohol is concerned.
So you rely on the opinions of others to tell you what you would like of certain foods and drinks that you do not consume? Is this some sort of vicarious thrill for you?

Why would you even care?

This would be like me wondering what sort of man I'd be attracted to were I gay?

(And I swear that - other than Errol Flynn - no one comes to mind!:))
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69619 Mar 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you lack the knowledge about the difference in dining at a Michelin star restaurant and an ordinary eatery.
I'm telling you again that you're not a connoisseur of food, style and ambience.
You may have eaten in some good restaurants but you lack the knowledge of discernment.
Ok, you can keep thinking that you know a lot about food.
Repeating yourself is just boring.

Michelin is a book my mother uses.

The more hip here use Zagat and Trip Advisor.

Have you ever heard of "street food?" Nothing fancy there and some of the best food you can get. And ultimate in local character and flavor of most any region.

You may be book smart but you are clearly not wise.

And worse yet, you appear to be unteachable.

No way to go through life. This is a shame. Open up your mind.

Do you ever admit the possibility that your are wrong about something or could actually learn something new? Just curious.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69620 Mar 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I find killing cruel.....
Again, one of your sweeping, mindless comments.

The "I know it all" attitude we have all come to expect from you.

Have you ever heard of a mercy killing?

Do you know the difference between a domestic and wild animal?

For most of us, education serves to open up our minds and teach just how much about the world we do NOT know.

It seems to have had the opposite effect on you. What a shame.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69621 Mar 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by a "humane" death?
Are you suggesting that all manner of death is equal in terms of pain and/or outright terror?

Would you rather (a) die in your sleep, or (b) be dragged behind a car until dead?

How about a quick electrical shock/death that you didn't see coming vs being bled to death?

There are differences. Even you can see this.

Our beloved family pets are put down by a gentle injection, they simply go to sleep.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69622 Mar 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would atheists refrain from incest - father having sex with daughter, son having sex with mother, brother having sex with sister?
What is the evidence that goes against incest since atheists always ask for evidence?
So, can you point out to me certain scientific laws that indicate that incest is wrong?
Which laws of science tell us that incest is either right or wrong as the case may be?
Stupid conversation.

You're the one who tried to make a connection between incest and atheism.

You need to prove that; not me try and prove a negative.

I'm done with this silliness.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69623 Mar 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Humane death?
If you're married to a female, well, then, why don't we take good care of that barren wife of yours who lacks maternal instincts and after fattening her up why don''t we "humanely" slit her throat and hand her flesh and bones to the cannibals to relish?
If we can do it to the animals, why not to your wife?
LOL
When your silly and mindless arguments fail, you resort to invective and personal attacks.

True sign of an intellectual lightweight.

I accept your surrender.

And, when the time comes. I wish you humane death, despite your words of attack on me and mine.

As the Hemlock Society used to advocate: Good life; Good death

Location hidden

#69624 Mar 17, 2014
Yawn.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69625 Mar 17, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to China. Food wasn't bad, but I did stick with the basics - nothing too fancy. I did try Ostriche, though. A little too gamey for my tastes.
Yeah, it turned out the major issue wouldnt of been the food anyway- but the earthquake that later hit the region I was considering going to.

Location hidden

#69626 Mar 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you can tell him (and the rest of us) again.

and again...

but that doesnt make your statement any more truthful or less arrogant (as if you are taking a page from the Jamaican's playbook).

Location hidden

#69627 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating yourself is just boring.
Michelin is a book my mother uses.
The more hip here use Zagat and Trip Advisor.
Have you ever heard of "street food?" Nothing fancy there and some of the best food you can get. And ultimate in local character and flavor of most any region.
You may be book smart but you are clearly not wise.
And worse yet, you appear to be unteachable.
No way to go through life. This is a shame. Open up your mind.
Do you ever admit the possibility that your are wrong about something or could actually learn something new? Just curious.
What is a "Michelin Star"?

I have to admit that although I have vaguely heard of the Michelin guide, I never met anyone who still used it. Zagats, otoh, is used widely. I use YELP a lot. Trip Advisor - sometimes to ID possibilities but never for the reviews because they are always subjective - a few who love, a few who hate....

".....The reviewers are supposed to concentrate on the quality, mastery of technique, personality and consistency of the food, not on interior décor, table setting, or service quality...."

------
http://culinarytravel.about.com/od/planningcu...

The term "Michelin Star" is a hallmark of fine dining quality -- which is pretty funny considering that Michelin is, in fact, a tire company. But the Michelin company launched its first guide book in 1900 to encourage road tripping in France, and started anonymously reviewing restaurants by means of a three-star system in 1926.

Michelin awards 0-3 stars on the basis of anonymous inspections by reviewers. The reviewers are supposed to concentrate on the quality, mastery of technique, personality and consistency of the food, not on interior décor, table setting, or service quality.

There are annual Michelin guides available for countries and cities all over the world, mostly outside the United States.(In the U.S., there are Michelin guides to New York, San Francisco, and since 2010, Chicago. The company discontinued its Los Angeles and Las Vegas Guides in 2009.)
Since Michelin started in France, the guides are sometimes accused of having a bias towards French cuisine/style/technique, or towards a snobby, formal dining style. In New York City, for instance, there are seven restaurants that received the top three-star rating, and only one of them greatly varies from a classic and formal dining experience.(That's Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare, where the meal is served at a kitchen table.) Check out the list of celebrity chefs who failed to receive three Michelin stars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) 19 hr Insect Trust 32
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 22 SALLY 44 46
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep 20 Really 8
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... Sep 20 Really 12
Black Range Artist plan plein air show Sep 18 I love the southwest 1
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Sep 7 Tony 608
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Sep 5 Raquel Placencio 7

Pinos Altos Jobs

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE