Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72033 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

former res

Cheshire, CT

#69636 Mar 17, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/nypjlhz
And this is why you give an inch, they take a mile...
http://tinyurl.com/nypjlhz
These people are not just religious nuts, they are at least borderline retarded!

Just as with China, this is a big country (with different cultures) and there are areas where know I wouldn't want to live due to the thinking; politics; religious control "stand your ground" BS...and so on.

Much of the south, probably most of Utah. Texas, FL etc. The bible belt etc. Give me Vermont, Colorado...places where gays can smoke weed and marry!:))
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69637 Mar 17, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
forgot about Urban spoon. Used them too
What I dont like about trip advisor is that there is no attempt to rank. Its just comments. Which is fine. And dont get me wrong, I have used the site plenty of times - mainly for lodging. But what I found is that all it really is is opinion, and rarely is there a discernible trend. There are always those that love the place, and those who had a bad experience. Zagats is more methodical, even if it is subjective.
Obviously the point about Michellin is that Mr Pansy claims that ambience, etc is important but yet his pet guide does not even consider tit.
Trip Advisor absolutely does rank restaurants, hotels, sights/attractions etc. I use it all the time and find it very useful for just about everything.

Look at the restaurant reviews for Stamford - 1 through 384.

Went to the 19 Hole a while back and wasn't too impressed but really enjoyed Pellicci's. The rankings kind of reflected my own experience.

Plant to return to Pellici's son. sp?

ps...I think wounded or wore down Joel.

Either that or he's in the corner molting.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#69638 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
These people are not just religious nuts, they are at least borderline retarded!
Just as with China, this is a big country (with different cultures) and there are areas where know I wouldn't want to live due to the thinking; politics; religious control "stand your ground" BS...and so on.
Much of the south, probably most of Utah. Texas, FL etc. The bible belt etc. Give me Vermont, Colorado...places where gays can smoke weed and marry!:))
Unfortunately, this stuff happens here in the Northest as well. Here was a famous one that happened in RI recently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Ahlquist
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69639 Mar 17, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
.....The real question is why this lunatic idiot [Joel] is always wearing someone else's skin?
One of the best posts ever.

This is why I picture Joel in the corner quietly molting.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69640 Mar 17, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, this stuff happens here in the Northest as well. Here was a famous one that happened in RI recently:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Ahlquist
It really sxcks that she had to be on the receiving end of all the wrath.

Ignorance and fear (and hate) all seem to walk hand in hand.

This is the kind of thing Palin was selling during that election "palling around with terrorists"/Rev Wright comments/he's not one of us/ he's not American.

First make the people stupid (thank you Fox News); then put some fear into them (again Fox); then make sure you stir in some hatred. It will naturally follow anyway after they're stupid and scared.

This girl sues based on the law, and wins. But she's viewed as "other" or different because she doesn't share their views on religion. She's clearly a threat.

Did you happen to catch Bill Maher this weekend?

More pointed than usual - re the new movie about Noah's Ark.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-maher-absolut...

Location hidden

#69641 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the kind of thing Palin was selling during that election "palling around with terrorists"/Rev Wright comments/he's not one of us/ he's not American.
First make the people stupid (thank you Fox News); then put some fear into them (again Fox); then make sure you stir in some hatred. It will naturally follow anyway after they're stupid and scared.
This girl sues based on the law, and wins. But she's viewed as "other" or different because she doesn't share their views on religion. She's clearly a threat.
I'm sure she'll do fine. She's a resilient individual and very mature for her age. Look up some interviews of her if you get a chance.

And is this really much different from American Atheists being made to look like uncaring idiots for doing basically the same thing re the 911 cross?

Bill Mahr - very funny and spot on for those that take the bible literally.

Location hidden

#69642 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW- in an act of marketing genius, you can now buy t-shirts with the motto "Evil Little Thing"
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69643 Mar 17, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW- in an act of marketing genius, you can now buy t-shirts with the motto "Evil Little Thing"
Just the kind of girl I always looked for in my younger days!
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69644 Mar 17, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure she'll do fine. She's a resilient individual and very mature for her age. Look up some interviews of her if you get a chance.
And is this really much different from American Atheists being made to look like uncaring idiots for doing basically the same thing re the 911 cross?
Bill Mahr - very funny and spot on for those that take the bible literally.
Maybe not much different. But then again...

The 9/11 thing is such a unique situation in terms of the rawness of the feelings, the loss etc. I would tend not to mess with those folks.

I don't even know how the thing is funded. Is it all public money?

Let me ask you this. If there were a Holocaust Museum that were funded 100% with public money, would you allow there to be Jewish religious symbols, the Jewish star etc?(with no corresponding other religions represented?)

Again, I wouldn't mess with those folks. I see it as different than one of a million public high schools. I see it as a special case.

(And we've been to the Holocaust Museum in DC - it's gut-wrenching. Not sure how it's funded.)

Location hidden

#69645 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not much different. But then again...
The 9/11 thing is such a unique situation in terms of the rawness of the feelings, the loss etc. I would tend not to mess with those folks.
I don't even know how the thing is funded. Is it all public money?
Let me ask you this. If there were a Holocaust Museum that were funded 100% with public money, would you allow there to be Jewish religious symbols, the Jewish star etc?(with no corresponding other religions represented?)
Again, I wouldn't mess with those folks. I see it as different than one of a million public high schools. I see it as a special case.
(And we've been to the Holocaust Museum in DC - it's gut-wrenching. Not sure how it's funded.)
Same argument, if it's publicly funded. While Jews were the biggest victims of the holocaust, others died as well so equal opportunity to show any and all religious symbols, or none at all. How would you feel if your were non-Jewish and religious and your family died in a concentration camp, but they refused to allow you to memorialize them with a symbol of your religion?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69646 Mar 17, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Same argument, if it's publicly funded. While Jews were the biggest victims of the holocaust, others died as well so equal opportunity to show any and all religious symbols, or none at all. How would you feel if your were non-Jewish and religious and your family died in a concentration camp, but they refused to allow you to memorialize them with a symbol of your religion?
Fair enough.

Broader definitions include approximately two to three million Soviet POWs, two million ethnic Poles, up to 1,500,000 Romani, 200,000 handicapped, political and religious dissenters, 15,000 homosexuals and 5,000 Jehovah's Witnesses, bringing the death toll to around 11 million. The broadest definition would include six million Soviet civilians, raising the death toll to 17 million.[277] A research project conducted by the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum estimated that 15 to 20 million people died or were imprisoned.[6] R.J. Rummel estimates the total democide death toll of Nazi Germany to be 21 million. Other estimates put total casualties of the Soviet Union's citizens alone to about 26 million.[281]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust#Vi...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69647 Mar 17, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I have only been to the holocaust museums in LA and in Israel, but both of them, if I recollect, had exhibits about non Jews as well. Its to the world's and the Jewish people's benefit for everyone to understand the holocaust in its entirety.

Location hidden

#69648 Mar 17, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
That all said, and not knowing all the funding details, the difference between the holocaust museums and the 911 museum is that (I would think) that the holocaust museums (LA and DC) are on private property/off site, while the 911 museum is on public property/on site.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#69649 Mar 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Rabbee.
You're not posting as usual these days.
I hope you're well.
Take care of your health and be safe.
Bye.
rabbee: there is no one here in TheTorah, to talk to today. why should i talk, to a bunch of nobodies here? and talking critters, do not seem to be intelligent enough to converse with.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69650 Mar 17, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I have only been to the holocaust museums in LA and in Israel, but both of them, if I recollect, had exhibits about non Jews as well. Its to the world's and the Jewish people's benefit for everyone to understand the holocaust in its entirety.
In fairness to CoR, he was responding to a my hypothetical.

I'm guessing the other victims are also represented in DC. I just didn't happen to remember as the visit was several years I ago.

I remember the my response to the overall impact of the place. And all the shoes, so many shoes.

Then we went to see the Vietnam Memorial. That is great work of art IMO. Very well done. The number one attraction in DC supposedly.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#69651 Mar 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
RABBEE:
If reincarnation exists as millions believe, and for the sake of our conversation assuming that it's true, could you answer 5 simple questions?
1) What would you like to rectify in your life....any mistake that you regret, a habit that you detest, a wrong decision, etc?
2) Do you fear death at your advanced age?
3) Do you think there's life after death? In what state? Why?
4) What would you like to be reincarnated as? Why?
5) What advice will you give us about life in general?
Thank you.
*feel free to ignore this post, if you wish to.
rabbee: i have made no mistakes, i have done everything G-D came and commanded of me. my commanded actions shall always be the same, for this world refusing to be here in The Story G-D is again commanding to happen. my destiny shall never change, to this world making all the same delusional mistakes and expecting different results. because you all believe in your other, thou shalt all lie other g-ds.

i have no fear of death, here in The Torah where i have physically died more than once each Torot time G-D has given this same accounting. and how many times i must suffer mortal demise each time, is dependent upon the lies in corruption of this preferred delusional world. you would all rather go through wwi and wwii over and over, rather than be in GanEden where this never happens.

and i know there is life after death but maybe not always for all of you, as i return to my casper form and back to the physical flesh form. been there done that, many times. and this is you, this worlds and their grandmother's third physical hereafter in TheTorah. and you have all never achieved any better than this. you have all always forgone, GanEden for this hell. G-D is not about to give any different physical accounting here, to this world making all their mental magic delusional mistakes as before.

and i do not get a choice, as to whom i am always resurrected as adam here in TheTorot. G-D does not lie, as i must always be returned as Adam to adam. but if you wish to make a G-Dless talking ass, monkey, lizard, or other talking critter out of yourself, here in TheTorah. then that is your own doing.

and i have already given to you all, G-D'S best advice given to me. to be here in The Story they are again giving called The Torah. if you ever want another chance to make it to GanEden, then believe in G-D Worship G-D here and now in TheTorah today and forever physically here in IT. as my response to this world does not change, as long as all of you and your grandmother are all mentally ill as if not here in The Story from G-D again.

and you can all forget going to HEAVEN in Heavens, since you cannot make it to Heaven on earth here in TheTorah. you either get recycled for another time, or your casper gets obliterated. there is a cost and price to disbelief of G-D, to the third and forth visitations of The Whole Torah. at the best case you suffer death, to come back to try succeed or fail again again. at the worst case, sent into oblivion from which there is no return to any existence physical or casper.

but for the interim most are sent to the sleeping casper place grave awaiting their resurrection. but you shall never be resurrected, as anyone or thing else. to die in a G-Dless talking critter state, shall only result in being returned as a G-Dless talking critter. Noach is always returned as Noach, Avraham is always returned as Avraham, Moshe is always returned as Moshe, Adam is always returned as adam and whoever is the appointed grandmother of this world as chaooah.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#69652 Mar 17, 2014
Greetings flocers, did you miss me?

Location hidden

#69653 Mar 17, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
In fairness to CoR, he was responding to a my hypothetical.
I'm guessing the other victims are also represented in DC. I just didn't happen to remember as the visit was several years I ago.
I remember the my response to the overall impact of the place. And all the shoes, so many shoes.
Then we went to see the Vietnam Memorial. That is great work of art IMO. Very well done. The number one attraction in DC supposedly.
For emotional punch, the Vietnam memorial is the best. For visual interest, I prefer the Korean War memorial.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#69654 Mar 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE--Jeebus,Where're you?

HughBe--- I am here, my child.

Location hidden

#69655 Mar 17, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Greetings flocers, did you miss me?
actually, I didnt, to be bluntly honest

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul 9 Vera lane 1
Silver City, , but choice of NOT accepting ever... Jul 5 mrtnz1955 2
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... Jun 29 Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 26 Tony 625
News Yes, Denny's is coming Jun '16 Tiger37 1
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
News Tour of the Gila benefits everyone not just cyc... (May '12) May '12 Old Man 1

Pinos Altos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages