Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 3,101)

Showing posts 62,001 - 62,020 of65,082
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 14

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

FORMER, the 50 something "childless" gay, is still trying to come to terms with his homosexuality. LOL.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

-Sprocket- wrote:
It in not the case that by means of likeness a finite intellect can precisely attain the truth..
Truth is not an absolute.

I don't know what is meant by an absolute in a universe of constant change.

The concept of truth keeps changing with the context - what is true in one context may not be true in another context.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

-Sprocket- wrote:
For the real truth which is incomprehensible to you people is not something less but is indivisible..
A word salad.

Words like indivisible, absolute and permanence are misnomers.

The search for the fundamental building blocks of matter may go to still undreamed of levels - who knows unless you consider quarks and leptons to be the farthest we can get but even if they are fundamental building blocks then the question still remains - why are there 3 generations of quarks and leptons with differing mass scale?

So, maybe it's better to think of reality in terms of energy fields from which particle pairs pop out but then what about dark energy? How do we account for gravity and integrate it into the standard model?

So, perhaps the word "indivisible" could refer to the conservation law by which the sum total always remains fixed even in the vacuum state as per the Heisenberg uncertainty principle that permits such violations of the conservation principle involving the emergence of short lived particles for a very short time which as particle-anti particle pairs quickly annihilate themselves to recede into the vacuum energy (ground state energy) but the formation of the universe of matter, despite the constant annihilation between the two sets of particles, could have been the result of the difference in decay rate of matter and anti-matter with the latter having a much quicker decay rate thereby leaving behind more matter particles for the universe to form.....

Well, whatever....

I prefer the word "conserved" to "indivisible" in the context of providing an explanation for the perpetuation (or persistence) of the reality.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Capitalism on steroids!

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

An average-looking prostitute in cash-rich Dubai can earn up to $ 360,000 a year.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Dubai is the playground of the ME.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Dubai's Burj al Arab is the world's most luxurious hotel but in terms of heritage, class, style and service it is behind the Hotel Taj Mahal Palace and Tower in Mumbai.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Ukraine - the AIDS capital of Europe!

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Why do most people pronounce CONDOM as CON-DIM when the correct pronunciation of the word is CON-DOM with the suffix DOM pronounced as the DOM in DOMINO.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Sad. Millions of kids, who're abandoned/abused by parents or due to poverty, get pushed on to the streets where they take to prostitution and drug trafficking and drug addiction.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Kids as young as 9 turn to prostitution in many poor parts of the world. Sad.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Often, poor parents in the Third World force their young kids, as young as 9 or 11, into prostitution. Sad.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Why do many people pronounce GUILT as GUILTH when the correct pronunciation of the word GUILT is GUILT with the T in GUILT pronounced as the T in SILT?

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Why do many people pronounce COUPON as COU-PIN when the correct pronunciation of the word COUPON is COU-PON with the PON in COU-PON pronounced as PON as in POND?

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Surprisingly, the famous gold souks in Arab nations usually sell 18 carat gold ornaments which is considered a poor man's choice back here in India where most people who buy gold invest in 23 carat gold jewelery or in 24 carat gold coins/bars.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Singapore -- Home of Hot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

"She had that wonderful ability some older people have of letting her mind run right out her mouth. "Well," she'd say, "here I am with my seat belt buckled up sitting right here in the airplane seat and folding my hands in my lap and I'll move my feet over a little so they're on top of my flight bag and pull my coat over my shoulders, whoops, I'm sitting right on it but I'll just wiggle around a little, like this, and then pull it over my shoulders ... "

for HOURS, all the way to Rostov."

-- "Ship of Fools", P.J. O'Rourke

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Iranians are among the most intelligent people in the world. I've met quite a few Iranian students at IIT and have read a lot about their intellectual prowess especially in the fields of science and tech. Some of the top grad students at the best engineering and pure science universities in the US are Iranians and there are many top quality Iranian scientists and technologists who live in the western world. Iranians are highly intelligent but are repressed by religion and politics in Iran. Reports say that 70% or more Iranians are atheists. Yes, intelligent people are at heart non-believers and rightly so. Iran does very well at the IMO, IPhO and IChO. More more to the Iranians.

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Germans, Japanese, South Koreans and Iranians have the intellectual capacity to be the world's leading powerhouses of knowledge. Germany and Japan have already proven their high intellectual worth and most likely figure among the top 3 most advanced nations but they may be reaching a plateau like most other highly developed nations in the world. I guess in the next 2 or 3 decades as Asia overtakes the West in human resources and with greater political changes in nations like Iran that could confer more independence on its people, well, South Korea and Iran could take their rightful place among the world's most intellectual nations. The average national IQ of South Korea at around 107 is the world's highest and a strong indicator of its superior potential, while the Iranian elite is extremely bright.
Oye veh

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

Help, help!
I'm being repressed!

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2014

Judged:

In his commentary on the Mishnah, Moses Maimonides formulated "13 principles of faith" two of which are the resurrection of the dead and the coming of the Jewish Messiah. Funny. Funny, indeed. In a future writeup, I'll be demolishing all his 13 principles of faiths.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 62,001 - 62,020 of65,082
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pinos Altos Discussions

Search the Pinos Altos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) 12 hr Joe 221
No charges yet in deadly shooting (May '11) 18 hr Silver 11
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) 18 hr Silver 43
Community education classes continue in April Wed Jackie 1
New Mexico to receive new veterans cemeteries Wed all well 1
Silver City-Grant County TEA Party Patriots hos... Apr 5 Jackie 1
Santa Clara Police Officer Arrested (Feb '12) Apr 4 Peon 16
•••
•••