Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,256
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#68467 Feb 26, 2014
Another suggestion to HUGH is to cultivate mental equanimity in the face of senseless provocation - just one taunt from one of his brainless opponents and there Hugh plunges headlong into a silly long argument that's high on emotion but low on logic.

Location hidden

#68468 Feb 26, 2014
Hugh needs to grow up. His worthless opponents may not change but I want Hugh to change.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68469 Feb 26, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
HUGH should learn some science and cultivate better reasoning skills not that his debating opponents are intelligent or logical. But, nevertheless, the suggestion to Hugh stands.
Warmly appreciated and it shall be considered.

PS: My university career started in a Natural Science Faculty.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68470 Feb 26, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: please do not patronize me, for what i got from G-D. but thank The G-D, WHO sent me with this. i spent over 41 years of being guilty as hell, proving i am not this smart or wise. i am only, The His Fellow Servant sent. i just got caught up in G-D, and i can't get out of it.
I was not patronizing you and so I shall repeat myself. Your post had elements that had merit.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#68471 Feb 26, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses, David, Elijah and other insane mass murdering criminals from the Hebrew Bible are on par with psychopaths like Hitler, Stalin and Mao.
These biblical characters are more reprehensible than Hitler and others because they claimed their G-d ordered the killings which then shows the monstrous and tribalist nature of their nonexistent G-d.
Those orders from G-d they say they received were the ugly manifestations of their own warped personalities.
LOL.
Right?
rabbee: stick to TheTorah from G-D please. and Moshe never attacked anyone that didn't or was not planning an attack on them. and if you remember correctly, Moshe saved a lot of trouble makers from getting slaughtered. if G-D were to kill all the trouble makers on earth today.

even i, might not be the only one left. but i know that G-D shall complete this giving, of The Whole Torah Accounting again. The G-D WHO, is giving Only TheTorah does not lie.

and as for Daveed and Eleeyah, well that is another one of those not here in TheTorah Stories written by fallible men. jews cannot be trusted, after crossing a not here in TheTorah river.

and your warped personality, is not going to make this world any better here in TheTorah today. but i, would not bet your most greatly warped personality against their less warped. so i would not pit your warped normalcy bias, against their normalcy bias.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68472 Feb 26, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Another suggestion to HUGH is to cultivate mental equanimity in the face of senseless provocation - just one taunt from one of his brainless opponents and there Hugh plunges headlong into a silly long argument that's high on emotion but low on logic.
Noted and in addition I have observed that one of the brainless have judged your post as being brilliant.

Location hidden

#68473 Feb 26, 2014
I think HUGH will continue with his silly ways because he's sexually attracted to 3 sub-intellectual homosexuals on this thread and so he needs to connect with their gay vibes by habitually responding to their illogical taunts and unintelligent observations and besides he gets some attention in this way and to his delight he's under the impression (naive to say the least) that by bringing up religious hogwash in his posts he's keeping the flag of his fictional G-d of Abraham aflutter. That says it all. Grow up, Hugh. LMFAO.

Location hidden

#68475 Feb 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Warmly appreciated and it shall be considered.

PS: My university career started in a Natural Science Faculty.
You lack the scientific temper and I wonder what science course you studied given the fact that you know very little Math/Science.

Intelligence is inborn.

But, then, Jamaica is known more for sports, voodoo and drugs than for science.

There's not a single decent science and tech university in Jamaica.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68476 Feb 26, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I think HUGH will continue with his silly ways because he's sexually attracted to 3 sub-intellectual homosexuals on this thread and so he needs to connect with their gay vibes by habitually responding to their illogical taunts and unintelligent observations and besides he gets some attention in this way and to his delight he's under the impression (naive to say the least) that by bringing up religious hogwash in his posts he's keeping the flag of his fictional G-d of Abraham aflutter. That says it all. Grow up, Hugh. LMFAO.
On such a comical note I say good night, dear.

Location hidden

#68477 Feb 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Noted and in addition I have observed that one of the brainless have judged your post as being brilliant.
Now, act on my suggestions if you wish to grow as a person by making better use of your intellectual capacity no matter how feeble it is.

Anything, no matter how little it may be, put to good use pays commensurate dividends.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#68478 Feb 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not patronizing you and so I shall repeat myself. Your post had elements that had merit.
rabbee: well that, i can accept. since most people, do not really understand what the word worship really means or entails. i quit being the me i used to be, the evening dawn of Christmas eve 1992.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#68481 Feb 26, 2014
Good night, HUGH.

Hope your jumbled synaptic connections rearrange themselves in a more coherent pattern as you sleep.

BTW, I don't understand why you got into that long-winded debate with someone as stupid as Cult of Reason (COR).

COR is a pathetic opponent to debate since he lacks intelligence and is simply passing his time here in the company of his equally unintelligent friends.

If the topic is of interest, put your point across and then hold and only comment if the opposition has something worthwhile to say, otherwise you just keep jabbering and jabbering away.

I didn't see a single intelligent observation made by COR, Frijoles, Former, so you should have held back and maintained your mental poise and self respect.

Introduce some intelligent topic for discussion.

Good luck.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68483 Feb 27, 2014
HughBe wrote:
HughBe---I believe that gay unions should NOT be called marriage as marriage is between a man and a woman.
Frijoles---You "believe" that but luckily for us in the States many of us dont believe that. Including the courts.
HughBe--- Explain your good fortune to me. How would a different title that prevents confusion take away from the union?
Frijoles---Which is ironic considering your "belief" that we are a Christian nation.
HughBe--- Foundation is Christian but there is nothing Christian about homosexuality. That practice fits in well with a religion that you know quite well.
blah blah blah

Gay marriage is about marriage equality. Which has financial as well as social implications. Not that this isnt news to you - many of us here has outlined that reality to you before. You continue to ignore it or minimize it.

"Justice, Justice - you shall pursue".
Is that part of a religion that you know quite well?

Over a hundred years ago here blacks were not allowed to marry whites. Would you prefer that this still be the case by allowing civil unions but not marriage? Its only a WORD, afterall....
LTT

Prestonsburg, KY

#68484 Feb 27, 2014
The only way we are getting to Heaven is through and by Jesus Christ. It has nothing to do with our own doings. Our righteousness is not like God's righteousness. That' why we must put on the Lord Jesus Christ, so that he and only He can cover us. Our robes will have to be spotless through and by the sacrifice of the blood shed on the cross by Jesus Christ for us all who will accept Him.
John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that Whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Those who go there will do so by and through Jesus. Anyone else who would try to enter in as a thief. Those doors won't open up for just anyone. It's the ones who have the blood or the blood of the sacrifice of Jesus applied to the doorposts of their hearts.
That's it!
Dreams and visions that do not line up with the word of God as it is written without being changed ae not from God the Creator.
There is time to repent and turn from sin and from self. Turn to the Lord! The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand! We need to be serious about our souls and about Jesus. Jesus loves us. "He is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
Jesus is not an "anything goes" kind of a relationship. We are to do what Jesus said, and love God first, and love others. We are to love our enemies. "And now remains these 3; faith hope and charity, but the greatest of these is charity." 1Cor. 13:13. We cannot attain to God's love without God---the ONE true God, in our heart. He has not yet come back, but He's coming!!!!!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68485 Feb 27, 2014
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text> what a brainless thing to say, go clean the cat box
Do something useful for once, and tell us when its going to snow again. You are "storm warning", arent you?

Location hidden

#68488 Feb 27, 2014
CAUSALITY-1:

Stored impressions of past karma that supposedly manifest in future as effects of past karma is nonsense.

Causality - this "as you sow, so shall you reap: dictum - at the human level does not act in this way, or at least there's not an iota of evidence to support the claim that it acts in a tit for tat manner.

In what form are these impressions of past karma stored?

As mental imprints?

Where?

In the brain-generated electrical field as wave patterns?

How do they affect us in future?

Do they take harm us or reward us depending on the nature of the stored mental impressions?

Location hidden

#68489 Feb 27, 2014
CAUSALITY-2:

I have yet to see any of the ill-effects of bad karma in politicians or in the rich and powerful industrialists or in the lives of famous film stars who make the laws and control the law-enforcing agencies and who have indulged in and are indulging in every possible perversion and who're yet as hale and hearty and as powerful and as invincible as ever.

Where is the tit for tat result of the law of karma or where is the devolution in consciousness in such criminals?

Location hidden

#68490 Feb 27, 2014
CAUSALITY-3:

Talking about karma at work in the afterlife or in future births is more nonsense when it cannot be shown that anything concrete, like say something like this mumbo jumbo thing called the soul, survives the death of the body, or if there exists an afterlife.

One's heredity and environmental influences and the way one makes best use of these determine success or defeat in life while innate resilience see us through the ups and downs.

Location hidden

#68491 Feb 27, 2014
OPTIONS

The option of leading the life of a criminal is open to all.

One may turn into a criminal and get away with any crime, even murder and treason, if one has powerful enough contacts with corrupt politicians/corrupt law enforcing agencies for which one has to have plenty of funds to bribe them.

If one can do all of this then there's no reason why the criminal should not lead a healthy and a safe life like ordinary law-abiding citizens.

This so-called law of karma cannot touch such a criminal.

The law of karma as explained by mumbo ,jumbo religious books does not exist as a tit for tat reaction which is all mumbo jumbo.

Karma is action and all about using one's available resources and knowing how to interact with fellow human beings and with the environment.

Karma is not a "as you sow so shall you reap" kind of mechanism that's ingrained in nature.

However, the best option is to led the life of a mature and a responsible social animal so as not to create conflicts with people and environment.

Location hidden

#68492 Feb 27, 2014
SUSTAINABLE LIVING

Man being a social animal desires good for himself and has strong survival instincts.

He interacts with other members of his species in a variety of ways.

Conflict-resolution is a core part of a social animal's nature.

Superstitious notions of past karma affecting our health, peace, happiness, prosperity and relationships in adverse or in beneficial ways are mumbo jumbo since causation does not work in this rigid manner.

A bigger nonsense is to believe that we should progressively evolve by the process of becoming into some sort of idealistic state or of some G-d ruling over us (who will reward or punish us in keeping with the sum total of our karma on earth or in some nebulous afterlife).

So, the best option before man is to make best use of his personal resources and to maximize harmonious interaction with others so as to live and let live.

We should do unto others as we would like others to do unto us.

Let the band of social animals make better progress.

Ideas of karma as explained in religious texts, of past births affecting us in this life or of God punishing/rewarding us in this life or in the afterlife or of good/bad karma helping or harming us in commensurate degree are fictional account that mislead us and so should be relegated to the rubbish bin of rejects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov '14 Realist 615
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pinos Altos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pinos Altos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:50 am PST

NBC Sports10:50AM
Given his history, Stanton infection creates heightened concern
NBC Sports12:01 PM
Arians announces Lindley will start Sunday, doesn't rule out Stanton for playoffs
Bleacher Report12:06 PM
Sanders (Hip) Questionable to Play vs. OAK
NBC Sports12:12 PM
Cards could get Warner, but cutting him
NBC Sports12:44 PM
Arizona's Lindley back at starter, Stanton has infection - NBC Sports