Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72042 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68426 Feb 26, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that the issue you are hinting at isnt important, but it does beg the question of why, given the sad state of affairs in your own country regarding human rights, you would want to dwell on a set of injustices within an entirely different country.
HughBe---In my world a parked car hitting another car is ORIGINAL.
Please answer this, in your world, how many times have YOU seen a PARKED/stationary vehicle HITTING another vehicle?

Frijoles---Not that the issue you are hinting at isnt important,

HughBe--- The SAME thing SHALL come upon you as a thief in the night, although you were warned.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68428 Feb 26, 2014
COR---1. When your ready to make a point, make it and stop beating around the bush. In other words, shxt, or get off the potty.

HughBe--- I take it that from the 3 cases you cannot see anything that is a threat to white America.

COR---In a perfect world, the US would sanction any country that systematically prevents any of the rights we hold DEAR and TRUE. That would include sanctioning Jamaica for their Human Rights violations. However, I will also entertain a counter-argument that we should NOT do that until we get our own house in order.

HughBe--- If I were the Prime Minister of Jamaica I would say go ahead. I dare YOU, would be my approach. I would then take the US to the world court for the level of INJUSTICE that is practiced there. I would also seek sanctions against the US for the war in Iraq.

Finally, I was talking about religious FREEDOM and I take it that the US no longer holds RELIGIOUS FREEDOM as DEAR and TRUE. Instead, it hold FREEDOM of HOMOSEXUALS to be DEAR and TRUE. I wonder why?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#68429 Feb 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
However, I asked a question and linked the question to 3 cases where the persons arrested should not have been arrested. So how COMMON are such cases and what percentage of the prison population would fall into the SAME category as the 3.
You are attempting to draw a correlation where none exists.

As pointed out, the increase in the prison population directly correlates to the initiation of the war on drugs. This can be easily confirmed by looking at the types of convictions, which are primarily drug related.

The three examples you site are unaffiliated with this increase in the prison population. I'm unfamiliar with the cases short of what is being reported in the media, but it could be argued that they are racially motivated arrests. This is nothing new and has been happening far longer than the war on drugs. It is a known problem. Are you just discovering it now?

Location hidden

#68430 Feb 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- I take it that from the 3 cases you cannot see anything that is a threat to white America.
A violation of one's civil rights is everyone's problem, white, black, yellow, etc... Therefore, I see it as a threat to ALL, not just "white America".
HughBe wrote:
If I were the Prime Minister of Jamaica I would say go ahead. I dare YOU, would be my approach. I would then take the US to the world court for the level of INJUSTICE that is practiced there. I would also seek sanctions against the US for the war in Iraq.
Finally, I was talking about religious FREEDOM and I take it that the US no longer holds RELIGIOUS FREEDOM as DEAR and TRUE. Instead, it hold FREEDOM of HOMOSEXUALS to be DEAR and TRUE. I wonder why?
Well, when you get elected Prime Minister of Jamaica, have at it. Until then, you're little role playing fantasy is of no concern to me.

Location hidden

#68431 Feb 26, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
(and ps you make a poor panther)
LOL! How did I miss this.

So our Jamaican troll friend is telling us we should watch our backs, huh? LOL!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68432 Feb 26, 2014
COR---You are attempting to draw a correlation where none exists.

HughBe--- Really? Are you saying that they would not have prison records?
Would such people in their state of incarceration form a part of the prison POPULATION?

COR----As pointed out, the increase in the prison population directly correlates to the initiation of the war on drugs. This can be easily confirmed by looking at the types of convictions, which are primarily drug related.

HughBe--- The opinion was noted but was the analysis done?

COR---The three examples you site are unaffiliated with this increase in the prison population.

HughBe--- Nonsense. If the 3 persons were in prison they would be numbered in the prison population. Sum all who are in the same position as the 3.

COR---I'm unfamiliar with the cases short of what is being reported in the media, but it could be argued that they are racially motivated arrests. This is nothing new and has been happening far longer than the war on drugs. It is a known problem. Are you just discovering it now?

HughBe--- 1.My information comes from the sources that I gave the links for.
2. One would hope that in the 21st Century the land of the FREE would be FREE after so many CENTURIES.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68433 Feb 26, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
A violation of one's civil rights is everyone's problem, white, black, yellow, etc... Therefore, I see it as a threat to ALL, not just "white America".
<quoted text>
Well, when you get elected Prime Minister of Jamaica, have at it. Until then, you're little role playing fantasy is of no concern to me.

COR---A violation of one's civil rights is everyone's problem, white, black, yellow, etc... Therefore, I see it as a threat to ALL, not just "white America".

HughBe--- I see it as a THREAT to the constitutional rights and in particular the right to FREEDOM.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68434 Feb 26, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolling, as usual. Perhaps he should focus on this, which has recently been making the news...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_U...
OTOH a fed judge, in CONSERVATIVE Texas, has just issued a ruling that bans on gay marriage in his district are unconstitutional.

Of course, this being a Christian nation, I guess it shows that Christians at the highest level of government influence really do believe in justice and constitutionality.

Location hidden

#68435 Feb 26, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! How did I miss this.
So our Jamaican troll friend is telling us we should watch our backs, huh? LOL!
His tone has been getting more angry.

The amusing thing is that I am sure that cite went over his head. Not that I would expect someone from Jamaica to get that. But on the other hand, he insists in wading into out national culture pretty deeply, so he SHOULD understand that reference (and its implications).

Location hidden

#68436 Feb 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
COR---A violation of one's civil rights is everyone's problem, white, black, yellow, etc... Therefore, I see it as a threat to ALL, not just "white America".
HughBe--- I see it as a THREAT to the constitutional rights and in particular the right to FREEDOM.
and you expect COR (or me for that matter) to object to that last statement? Try reading him for once.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68437 Feb 26, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
OTOH a fed judge, in CONSERVATIVE Texas, has just issued a ruling that bans on gay marriage in his district are unconstitutional.
Of course, this being a Christian nation, I guess it shows that Christians at the highest level of government influence really do believe in justice and constitutionality.
Son, let me repeat my positions for the nth time.

1. I have no problem with gay unions
2. I believe that gay unions should NOT be called marriage as marriage is between a man and a woman.
3. YOU have no problem with a woman being called Miss or Mrs. and those titles serve to differentiate their marital status. Same with gay unions meaning there is a need to differentiate between a marriage and those unions.
4. No one should get away with the FALSE accusations of homophobia when the person in question only DISAGREES with homosexuality and is not inciting harm against homosexuals.
5.etc.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68438 Feb 26, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
His tone has been getting more angry.
The amusing thing is that I am sure that cite went over his head. Not that I would expect someone from Jamaica to get that. But on the other hand, he insists in wading into out national culture pretty deeply, so he SHOULD understand that reference (and its implications).
Son, the anger is not real. Your perception of my "anger" is really hormone driven. It is that time of month for you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68439 Feb 26, 2014

Frijoles---and you expect COR (or me for that matter) to object to that last statement? Try reading him for once.

HughBe--- I have no such expectation and it is gratifying to hear those words from you.
The truth is, I had no expectations of both of you what I had was HOPE and so I was HOPING that both of you would someday UNDERSTAND my words above.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68440 Feb 26, 2014
Oh, notwithstanding all of what I said above, HOMOSEXUALITY remains a SIN and the Bible calls it an ABOMINATION.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68441 Feb 26, 2014
Bi-boys. Don't cry, I shall be back.

Location hidden

#68442 Feb 26, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and you expect COR (or me for that matter) to object to that last statement? Try reading him for once.
He's so obsessed with being a contrarian, that he can't even realize when people agree with him. Silly troll.

Location hidden

#68443 Feb 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
COR---You are attempting to draw a correlation where none exists.
HughBe--- Really? Are you saying that they would not have prison records?
Would such people in their state of incarceration form a part of the prison POPULATION?
You're conflating arrests with convictions. Prison population applies to those convicted of a crime. Arrests are a completely different statistic.

The article involving prison population applies to convicts. The three examples you cited are arrests, not convictions. They do not count toward the prison population unless/until they are convicted in a court of law.
HughBe wrote:
COR----As pointed out, the increase in the prison population directly correlates to the initiation of the war on drugs. This can be easily confirmed by looking at the types of convictions, which are primarily drug related.
HughBe--- The opinion was noted but was the analysis done?
Yes, and you can confirm that with a simple google search.
HughBe wrote:
COR---The three examples you site are unaffiliated with this increase in the prison population.
HughBe--- Nonsense. If the 3 persons were in prison they would be numbered in the prison population. Sum all who are in the same position as the 3.
What is nonsense is the fact that you don't know the difference between jail and prison. Look it up and educate yourself.
HughBe wrote:
COR---I'm unfamiliar with the cases short of what is being reported in the media, but it could be argued that they are racially motivated arrests. This is nothing new and has been happening far longer than the war on drugs. It is a known problem. Are you just discovering it now?
HughBe--- 1.My information comes from the sources that I gave the links for.
Again, if the facts of the articles hold true, this is nothing new. Why are you behaving like this is some new revelation? A certain amount of injustice exists in the world. We already know that.
HughBe wrote:
2. One would hope that in the 21st Century the land of the FREE would be FREE after so many CENTURIES.
We're trying, but those pesky right wing religious fanatics keep holding us back.

Location hidden

#68444 Feb 26, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Oh, notwithstanding all of what I said above, HOMOSEXUALITY remains a SIN and the Bible calls it an ABOMINATION.
Yea, and so is eating shellfish, or meat and milk together, or wearing a garment of mixed fibers.
E23Jer34

Tˇrshavn, Faroe Islands

#68445 Feb 26, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
The debunking of the Hebrew Bible will begin in a few days.
Good luck - just remeber there are thousands of idiots here who believe they are chosen.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#68447 Feb 26, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
One of these days someone is going to have to teach you logic
Just because COR stated "No doubt the biggest victims of the ill-fated war on drugs are minorities, specifically blacks.", does not mean that he as opined that anything you have asserted on the issue of race is false
WTF?
(and ps you make a poor panther)
...Why do witches burn?

... Because they're made of ... wood?

Yes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jul '17 Tony 630
News Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 5
News Twenty-five car pile-up leaves six people dead Jun '17 Budda Gojkovich 2
News Fiesta Latina heats things upJune 19th, 2017 Jun '17 I love the southwest 1
News 16-year-old student dies (May '07) Jun '17 Cherie griego 10
News Man caught hunting out of season fined $4k Jun '17 Bob 1
News Doctor accused of inappropriate exam behavior t... (Nov '09) Jun '17 Yimminy Rickets 356

Pinos Altos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pinos Altos Mortgages