Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,707
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Read more
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67949 Feb 21, 2014
HUGH:

Don't rabid Christian evangelical types spew hatred against non-Christians?

BTW, in you usual diatribe against rabbis, have you paused to think whether all rabbis are like those who you've mentioned above?

In my experience, they constitute a small minority.

Most rabbis are liberal and many are closet atheists.

With most Jews it is the cultural baggage which counts more than those scriptural fairy tales attributed to bronze age peasants which have anyway been shown false and with increasing inter-community marriages among Jews the cultural emphasis on "Jewishness", too, is being diluted, while reliance on scientific thinking is growing.

Open your "potato" eyes.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67950 Feb 21, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Bi-boys.
Don't forget the mascara and lip gloss, Mon.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67951 Feb 21, 2014
Antizionist wrote:
<quoted text>
What is love?
Surely its not in your Topix name.

Location hidden

#67952 Feb 21, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles--As long as we all agree that this is your private definition, then I'm fine with it.
HughBe--- There is nothing private about my definition of choir, it is a STANDARD definition. Learn this, in the world of NORMAL people when one speaks of choir one thinks religion.
Frijoles------Does your church have a choir?
HughBe--- I attend 2 denominations most Sabbaths. One has choirs and the other I would say does not have.
Frijoles--- Do you sing in it?
HughBe--- I sing with the voice of an archangel but I do so as a soloist.
Frijoles---If so, do you wear one of those funny robes? What color? What part do you sing? I bet you are an alto.
HughBe--- 1. Robes are worn in the Anglican churches a denomination that as a child I was required to attend by my parents.
2. No robes.
3. The alto question is really a reflection of your lustful sexual desires for my thick black DicK and my sexy black rear. As I have said so often, please channel those desires elsewhere e.g. to Eric as he is a man of rear appetite.
Speaking about the devil, what have you done with the fellow?
Already posted a definition of choir which contradicts your solo claim. Why dost thou make me go around in circles? Dost thou think I am a fool?

You still didnt answer the part about your vocal range (though thank you for the additional info about your solo career. You must be very talented. Or anti-social.)

Thanks for the info about the robes. That was a curiosity, of course, about how colonized minorities such as yourself have adapted, and I see you have somewhat rejected the culture of your oppressors.(Now, if you would just cast off the alien religion, and return to your island or African practices of your ancestors...)

Location hidden

#67953 Feb 21, 2014
FORMER THE HOMO knows a lot about anal odors and other such repulsive stuff since he's heavily into anal sex (as the receiver given his girlish nature) during which he and his boyfriend encounter the shit and its smell. Sick mind.

Location hidden

#67954 Feb 21, 2014
Homosxuals are obsessed with anal hygiene given their frequent indulgence in "rear activities".

Location hidden

#67955 Feb 21, 2014
As usual I see some are still preoccupied with their sexuality.
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#67956 Feb 21, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No more than Marxism, Trotskyism, Bolshevism, etc etc
Jewish libertarian - that is pretty odd. Most jews fight libertarianism like wolfs in the night.

Jews do have power in governments and in government secured monopolies such as the banking monopoly.

They fight hard to have that monopoly and to lie about people like Ron Paul.

BTW Karl Marx was jewish, bolshevist were jews, Trostsky the leader of the red army was jewish, Rothschild family was jewish, those who control the fedral reserve are jewish.
Chikoo

Mumbai, India

#67957 Feb 22, 2014
E23Jer34

my wives need a bottle full of freshly masturbated semen. Is it available here?

Location hidden

#67958 Feb 22, 2014
FORMER:

Enough of playing with your boyfriend.

It's morning now in the US.

Come out and talk to me.

I have some interesting questions lined up for you.

Hurry!

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#67959 Feb 22, 2014
Gee. I go away for a day and the place becomes a San Francisco bath house from the early '80s.

Holster your libidos, gentlemen.

Location hidden

#67960 Feb 22, 2014
HOW NOT TO FEEL SUFFERING OR PAIN BY BECOMING THE WITNESS CONSCIOUSNESS:

The strange thing about brain-EM-generated consciousness is that it can divide itself into a witnessing aspect and a frontal active part.

If, say, I am ill and if I take the positive stand that my illness is a passing phase, then, with a little practice, I can separate the association of my brain consciousness with the illness by standing aloof from it.

The usual reaction of most people is to identify the brain-generated consciousness with the illness and with all its sufferings and besides to bring into the picture a whole set of morbid suggestions.

By standing aloof from the disease condition one begins to stop worrying and to simply observe the body and its reactions at work.

The minute this can be done fully, one observes that the usual suffering and all the fears associated with an illness lessen or disappear and under this non-interfering poise of consciousness the body's autoimmune systems slowly become more potent and at the same time the medicines work better to cure the condition in the shortest possible time while the witnessing consciousness just observes the entire process without being disturbed.

Some years ago, boiling hot water from an electric kettle fell on my stomach and right thigh while pouring out the liquid into a bowl. I was in great pain. I soon collected myself and instead of calling a doctor, I first calmed down and dissociated my consciousness from the pain and amazingly in minutes the pain reduced considerably and after say 3 or 5 minutes it had disappeared. I stayed in this state of a witness consciousness detached from the serious burn for more than 2 hours and then at the insistence of my servants a doctor was summoned who did the needful and left. The recovery was lightning quick and the scars disappeared fast.

This event showed my how the consciousness, despite being a product of brain-EM activity, can stay aloof from the workings of the body and be at peace and when this dissociated state is achieved the association with the body of the brain-consciousness that interferes with the physical condition and affects it with its very presence (as a pulsating EMR and by its EM-generated negative thoughts/fears), can be reduced or eliminated altogether.

Location hidden

#67961 Feb 22, 2014
WITNESS CONSCIOUSNESS VERSUS FRONTAL CONSCIOUSNESS

Furthermore, the consciousness can simply stand back and watch the workings of the exteriorized consciousness that's involved in observing the world go by.

One part of the brain-generated consciousness can be made to stay aloof from the observational aspect of the same brain-generated consciousness - in this separated poise, the witness consciousness simply watches the other aspect of consciousness (which is the frontal part) busying itself in watching events in one's surroundings.

So, the consciousness can not only dissociate itself from the pain of illness but it can also stand aloof from its frontal aspect and witness the latter (frontal consciousness) taking in the sights, sounds, smells and conversations taking place in the surroundings.

This dissociation of the various aspects of consciousness from each other generates greater peace, greater discrimination and a sense of not being involved in the rush of the world.

Location hidden

#67962 Feb 22, 2014
Develop the consciousness instead of praying to some imaginary G-d and in observing mumbo jumbo religious rituals.

Location hidden

#67963 Feb 22, 2014
Neither can this imaginary G-d nor those mumbo jumbo rituals help the believer in any way nor can they solve the problems of the world nor can they reveal the secrets of the universe.

Location hidden

#67965 Feb 22, 2014
The eyes radiate the maximum amount of EMR generated in the complex neuronal networks of the brain.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67966 Feb 22, 2014
EM and gravitation generated fields stretch into space far beyond their source. Consciousness that's generated in the brain stretches out far beyond the brain into the environment. EM waves generated in the brain manifest consciousness and it's these EM waves that radiate beyond the brain and if sufficiently potent can influence events outside of us.

Location hidden

#67968 Feb 22, 2014
EM fields that follow the inverse square law travel far away from source and at a sufficiently far distance can function independent of the source. Brain-EM generated consciousness field behaves in a similar way. So, there's no bar to the field, depending on its strength, of brain-generated consciousness to being local or nonlocal or glocal. Scientists should research these phenomena of consciousness that're corroborated by reason and yogic experience.

Location hidden

#67969 Feb 22, 2014
INVERSE SQUARE LAW & GLOCALITY

EM fields that follow the inverse square law travel far away from source and at a sufficiently far distance can function independent of the source. Brain-EM generated consciousness field behaves in a similar way. So, there's no bar to the field, depending on its strength, of brain-generated consciousness to being local or nonlocal or glocal. Scientists should research these phenomena of consciousness that're corroborated by reason and yogic experience.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67971 Feb 22, 2014
RUPERT SHELDRAKE: NAIVE NEW-AGER

Rupert Sheldrake, psi researcher and Oxford biologist, says that consciousness is not generated by the electromagnetic field of complex neuronal activity. Dr Sheldrake states that brain waves correspond to various states of consciousness but that consciousness is not produced by brain activity.

Rupert Sheldrake, David Bohm and Fritjof Capra were close to the influential Indian philosopher, the late J Krishnamurti.

Mystics of all ages said/say the same thing that consciousness is independent of the body (matter).

Conversely, science is capable of altering our cognitive faculties via brain surgery, psychoactive drugs and em radiations and death of the neurons results in disappearance of consciousness. Some would argue that this consciousness, which is supposedly independent of the brain, somehow lifts out of the brain and continues its existence out of the corpse in some spiritual dimension.

Ironically, till today, no one has been capable of pinpointing the substance of which consciousness is composed of and no one has been able to tell us, backed with evidence, if consciousness, in whatever abstruse form it is supposed to exist, survives the death of the body. In the same way, spirit is another mumbo jumbo word.

Science has all the hard facts, while religion/mysticism has only belief/speculation to fall back upon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
test Sat dfandw 3
which sponsor pulled out of 2015 tour of gila ? Mar 19 A Volunteer 2
News Arts Scene Feb '15 Judith Meyer 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Feb '15 guest 46
News Former Santa Clara clerk accused of stealing ut... (Apr '10) Feb '15 his ex married lover 93
News Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
News Tour of the Gila benefits everyone not just cyc... (May '12) May '12 Old Man 1
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pinos Altos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]