Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,091
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#67825 Feb 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
In my mind I had moved on but I shall revisit the matter for a short time.
In doing so, I have ONE thing that I require of you and that you speak HONESTLY on the points being raised.
Now, do you have a problem with members of a religion being called by a word that clearly IDENTIFIES and links them to that particular religion?
No, dinglebutt, I have a problem with people mangling conjugations of a word

Can you be a member of Communism? No, but a Communist is a person who follow/believes in Communism.

Can you be a member of Judaism? Np, but a Jew is a person who follows/believes in Judaism

-------

An "ism" is an abstraction, not a group of humans.

ism
a distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement.

You did go to grammar school at one time, didnt you?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67826 Feb 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dinglebutt, I have a problem with people mangling conjugations of a word
Can you be a member of Communism? No, but a Communist is a person who follow/believes in Communism.
Can you be a member of Judaism? Np, but a Jew is a person who follows/believes in Judaism
-------
An "ism" is an abstraction, not a group of humans.
ism
a distinctive practice, system, or philosophy, typically a political ideology or an artistic movement.
You did go to grammar school at one time, didnt you?
But is it ok to use god as a verb?

;)

Is a dinglebutt that which produces an excessive number of dingleberrys?

But I agree. I can be a member of a certain Catholic church/parish/ or even diocese - but I would be follower/believer of Catholicism.

Huggy should know better.

Location hidden

#67827 Feb 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
But is it ok to use god as a verb?
;)
Is a dinglebutt that which produces an excessive number of dingleberrys?
But I agree. I can be a member of a certain Catholic church/parish/ or even diocese - but I would be follower/believer of Catholicism.
Huggy should know better.
Yes, only because there is no consensus on what God is. There is consensus on what a Communist is, and what is Communism.

Yes, on the question regarding the posterior.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67828 Feb 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, only because there is no consensus on what God is. There is consensus on what a Communist is, and what is Communism.
Yes, on the question regarding the posterior.
Last weekend I told my 85-year-old father-in-law (a rabid libertarian) that I didn't think communism was an inherently dirty word.

Needless to say, he did not agree.

Location hidden

#67829 Feb 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Last weekend I told my 85-year-old father-in-law (a rabid libertarian) that I didn't think communism was an inherently dirty word.
Needless to say, he did not agree.
No more than Marxism, Trotskyism, Bolshevism, etc etc

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#67830 Feb 20, 2014
MANTRA AFFECTS THE BRAIN EM FIELD:

A mantra is a special combination of primal sounds that affects the vibrating molecules of the brain cells. If I habitually meditate on a specific portion of the brain and direct at it a certain mantra during meditation and keep up the chant with concentration even when I am not meditating the sound waves of the mantra gradually affect the neuronal activity and its concomitant EM field and when the sound waves, generated by the mantra, after intense practice which may extend to months or even years, permanently suffuses the EM field of the neuronal network of that part of the brain targeted then a shift in frequency of the neuronal EM field in that spot of the brain takes place and as a result heat is generated that may be accompanied by the manifestation of specific colors seen within and internal sounds of crackling may be heard. The neuronal synchrony now fire at a rate of vibration that is on par with the frequency of the sound wave generated by the mantra and with this new activation of brain EM field arises occult phenomena like psi vision, hearing of inaudible sounds, nonlocal connections, etc.

Location hidden

#67831 Feb 20, 2014
PHYSICAL IMMORTALITY?

Religious woo woo refers a lot to physical immortality being achieved by infusing the body with a certain higher range of consciousness.

None of the avatars, prophets and yogis who spoke about bodily immortality could achieve this supreme condition. They died and are dust.

Consciousness not being stuff or energy but an activity of complex neuronal networks (that generates EM fields) is by itself incapable of transforming matter.

I wonder if somehow a very high order of neuronal firing synchrony could be generated by some cutting-edge technological process or by a profound meditative method which could consequently produce a corresponding high degree of EM energy in the brain that would then infuse the molecular chains of the body reversing cellular senescence and arresting telomere shrinkage in chromosomes and as a result bring about prolongation of life by .

Even if such a Herculean feat of making the body immortal is possible, it would not render the body invincible from accidents, poison and murder by sharp weapons/gunfire.

Just thinkin'.

Location hidden

#67832 Feb 20, 2014
IMMORTALITY VERSUS INVINCIBILITY

Prolongation of life in the body can be achieved by attaining, via intense yogic practices, to a particular state of higher frequency brain EM activity which as a result suffuses the EM fields of the body cells regeneration them in the process.

Something far more difficult than making the body live for centuries, millennia or till the end of the universe would be making the physical body invincible.

How would this be done?

Adi Shankara is said to have attained to a state of being that rendered his physical body immune to poison and Paul is said to have survived after being bitten by a venomous snake.

I think these 2 great yogis, Adi Shankara and Paul, had generated in their bodies, through sustained yogic practices, sufficient EM energy of a certain high frequency that was potent enough to disrupt the EM field of poisonous molecules which as a consequence destroyed the chemical bonds binding the atoms/radicles of the poison with the result that the poison lost its toxicity and became a harmless substance.

This is an instance of physical invincibility.

Location hidden

#67833 Feb 20, 2014
I can write a whole book on occult phenomena many of which I have personally experienced at various stages of the integral yoga. This aside, I think I can provide scientists with unique hints on investigating brain states and in arriving at a better understanding of psi phenomena some of which could have far reaching effects on the well-being of humankind.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67835 Feb 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No more than Marxism, Trotskyism, Bolshevism, etc etc
He said the Commies killed more people than the Nazis did. So I sent him this:

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2011...

All in all, the Germans deliberately killed about 11 million noncombatants, a figure that rises to more than 12 million if foreseeable deaths from deportation, hunger, and sentences in concentration camps are included. For the Soviets during the Stalin period, the analogous figures are approximately six million and nine million. These figures are of course subject to revision, but it is very unlikely that the consensus will change again as radically as it has since the opening of Eastern European archives in the 1990s.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67836 Feb 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I can write a whole book on occult phenomena many of which I have personally experienced at various stages of the integral yoga. This aside, I think I can provide scientists with unique hints on investigating brain states and in arriving at a better understanding of psi phenomena some of which could have far reaching effects on the well-being of humankind.
Guess this means you haven't gotten laid yet.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#67837 Feb 20, 2014
By sitting in one place and directing a powerful force at specific parts of the body of say Sam Harris or Deepak Chopra, I can, after some time, disrupt the person's nervous system with disastrous results. But, I am toooooo kind to do such a terrible thing though I have the capacity to do so and have experimented with such dangerous psi powers in the past.

Location hidden

#67838 Feb 20, 2014
I am, I am, I am superman
And I know what's happening.
I am, I am, I am superman
And I can do anything.

Location hidden

#67839 Feb 20, 2014
After viewing most of the late Christopher Hitchen's vids available on You Tube, I say that I find him witty in a verbal way given his brilliant turn of phrases but he lacked incisive intelligence and most of his arguments are way too pedestrian to be taken seriously and can be easily defeated. Poor fellow he suffered on account of esophageal cancer and died a horrible death.

Location hidden

#67840 Feb 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Guess this means you haven't gotten laid yet.
Hi there, Doc.

Location hidden

#67841 Feb 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
He said the Commies killed more people than the Nazis did. So I sent him this:
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2011...
All in all, the Germans deliberately killed about 11 million noncombatants, a figure that rises to more than 12 million if foreseeable deaths from deportation, hunger, and sentences in concentration camps are included. For the Soviets during the Stalin period, the analogous figures are approximately six million and nine million. These figures are of course subject to revision, but it is very unlikely that the consensus will change again as radically as it has since the opening of Eastern European archives in the 1990s.
Add another two million thanks to the Khmer Rouge, and then there is N Korea...

Location hidden

#67842 Feb 20, 2014
I find physicist Lawrence Krauss even stupider than Hitchens. Dr Krauss has some advanced mathematical ability that he puts to a certain degree of good use in his field of theoretical physics. Mathematical proficiency is not too difficult to acquire if one possesses sufficient capacity for numerical operations, has competent teachers to serve as guides and if one practices hard. However, Krauss lacks that deep intelligence that can perceive coherent patterns in nature and in human personality and draw correct conclusions from these. His ideas on life, morality, mind-body and intentionality are dangerous and can make one a pervert if one adopts them thereby damaging one's harmony of the different states of being. I have seen many of his debates and am not too impressed.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67843 Feb 20, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there, Doc.
Hi there, dude.

I also enjoyed Christopher "Don't call me Chris" Hitchens.

I would have liked to see you in a debate with him. I would bet on him.

He said that if anyone heard after his death that he made a deathbed conversion to any type of religion - not to believe it. He did not.

Are you in fact "cool?" Just curious.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#67844 Feb 20, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Add another two million thanks to the Khmer Rouge, and then there is N Korea...
But if you expand it, the non-Commies would win.

A weighted, per capita analysis though might yield a different result.

Some estimate the US killed at the very least 10s of thousand and possibly 100s of thousand of innocents in Iraq. Collateral damage.

Any better result there than in Vietnam?

And on and on......

Location hidden

#67845 Feb 20, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

I would have liked to see you in a debate with him. I would bet on him.
Ok, you're free to place your bet on anyone.

I don't find Hitchens intelligent, cultured or humane.

If Hitchens or for the matter if anyone debates a creationist then it's expected that Hitchens will emerge victorious.

One does not need more than a 7th Grader's intelligence to defeat a creationist.

Hitchens was just a smooth orator dealing with 7th Grade run-of-the mill logic that can easily be defeated.

Anyway, how're doing, man?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pinos Altos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mimbres area Wed La Carmencita 1
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Tue silly12 6
A Possible Situation? Oct 13 yankeedudell 3
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Oct 13 yankeedudell 47
Forgery Cover up by GCSO Oct 13 Nick Jonas 2
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Sep 29 Insect Trust 32
Hearse from Pinos Altos Hearst Church moved to ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Lorina 2
Pinos Altos Dating
Find my Match

Pinos Altos Jobs